It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminals and cyber bullies to be banned from the web

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

The human body is not natural and if you expose someone to it you should be put in jail and labeled the rest of your life! That's one thing I hate about the US, such whimps about naughty bits. Who cares everyone's got something.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by g146541

I agree with your post minus the part of the sex offenders having web access. A lot of them commit their crimes online. In my opinion if you are a pedo who has been proven guilty you should not have unsupervised web access. Of course there are anonymous ways to get internet but if you get caught it's a violation of your conditions. But then again the parents should be supervising their children to protect them against this sort of thing but everyone knows parents can't be everywhere all the time, especially now days. Many pedophiles take advantage of this. That is one group of people I will never feel sorry for.

How many of these "pedos" that are apparently everywhere really exist? I mean, got some stats on that? And "a lot of them commit their crimes online"? Really? How many is a lot? And how do they commit actual crimes online? Credit card fraud?

Or are these crimes talking stupid kids into meeting them somewhere? Has this actually ever happened? How many times?

Everyone seems to think there are suddenly way more perverts and kiddie molesters all over than ever before. Otherwise, how did I possibly make it through my childhood with no adult supervision most of the time? Man, I was just lucky I guess. Pedos are everywhere! Always have been! Just in the old days, they had to actually get you physically into their car, whereas now apparently they can just reach through the interwebs and kidnap you.

Or else, kids these days are all retarded, and will just go meet strangers in dark alleys cause the interwebs told them to.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You are very correct!
But none of my children went behind my back without me finding out.
That is just good parenting and being involved in their lives, knowing their friends, Etc.
My kids did know that any "going around the system" was a nogo and had dire consequences.
Do my kids believe me to be an ahole?
Sure, but who do they come to nowadays when they need advice?
Mhmmm, Daddy.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I don't think it's hypocritical to say that if you are easily offended perhaps you should stay away from the computer. In no way does that contradict any other opinions I've made. Perhaps you should Google hypocrite.

Let's take this a little farther. You say calling me a hypocrite is justified because I am. If that is you in your avatar am I justified in calling you fat? Factual statement, the person in the avatar is very clearly overweight.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not all people can differentiate between troll and devil's advocate.
Sometimes Captain Obvious is not so obvious.
These same folks who cannot tell the difference call themselves victim.
If you choose to be a victim I fully endorse it as it keeps the gene pool clean.

edit on 28-11-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Control freaks like some in this thread frighten me more than bullies or sex offenders.

Noone should be banned from the net. This nanny state mentality seems strangely prevalent in the UK..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears that many have forgotten what the topic is

Criminals and cyber bullies to be banned from the web

Anyone who decides to discuss each other, or anything other than the topic......will get their posts removed.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Terrorists are not believed to yet have the ability to launch damaging cyber attacks against critical infrastructure such as water and power stations, but they are thought to have discussed such operations.

So what is the purpose of usurping Citizens rights?So they are thought to have discussed anything, you can make a law against it? A big fail.
I have never expected my government to protect myself and family, except for basic traffic violations, which they fail. Why would anyone expect any thing more? Show me a law that has stopped any deviant behavior in it tracks?
Maybe capitol punishment.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

You ask,

How many of these "pedos" that are apparently everywhere really exist?

I cannot say for sure as I really do not care.
But if you need to know, find a website that deals with where offenders register, that would be a start.
My wife used to frequent the local county website until she found our neighbors boy.
The one previously mentioned.
Now he has a record for life for just being a horny kid with a horny girlfriend, sound familiar anyone?

As for the credit card fraud and any other criminal activity, there are real world laws against said actions.
Whether someone commits fraud on paper or the web, they are the same crime and should be punished the same way.
But stealing someone's life savings and calling some fat kid porky are two very separate things.

You said,

Or else, kids these days are all retarded, and will just go meet strangers in dark alleys cause the interwebs told them to.

Now you may be onto something there, Do you know what the percentages are from say 40 years ago and nowadays of children on behavioral meds?
I could not say for sure, however....
My wife is a teacher and has several students on meds, I don't remember any when I was in school.
That may be a breadcrumb on the trail of your question.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Agreed on a number of fronts. There are already a number of laws in the real world protecting people. It seems ridiculous that some people are so sensitive. And I hate to say this, and know there is a member who lost a family member from cyber bullying but a few rude comments online are not going to make someone kill themselves. They obviously are already having some problems.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No photo i didn't happen,

oops wrong thread..

this is the right response to the title and those intoducing such false hopes as to banning ppl from the internatz

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I know a person very close to me who fell victim to an online predator, and she wasn't his only victim. Once the investigation was over a lot of disgusting things were uncovered. I'm not going to give you details of the crimes let's just say the internet can lead to some dangerous situations (not credit card fraud as you hinted).

As I said it's a parent's responsibility to protect their children but this girl I know had good parents who were very strict. It can happen to anyone, and for you to try and downplay it is wrong in my opinion, but you're entitled to yours.

Sorry I don't have any "stats" for you but if you're feeling energetic how about you google "online predators". You will be busy for weeks.

I am against the "thought police", but once you are a convicted pedophile (not someone who got caught pissing in a back alley) you have no business being on the web unsupervised. Just like drug addicts have conditions not to do drugs, violent criminals are told not to have guns, online predators should not be allowed online.

As I said I DO NOT SUPPORT INTERNET CENSORSHIP but certain restrictions should apply once you have proven you do not deserve regular freedoms.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join