It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians don't call their creator Allah ?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Jesus was not the Son of God. No where in the unedited bible does he claim that he is God. Show me where in the unedited original bible an umabiguous statement where he says he is god.

I am I AM.

The Father and I are one.

Pardens sin.

Read out someone's else's sin.

Casts out evil spirits.

Raises the dead.

Being raised by the dead.

God said "This is my Son." to John the baptist.

Constantly refers to God as father. The Jews thought that was blasphemy.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Great post op! But here in lies the greatest problem with religions today...we are so focused on the names and who's right, and not on the messages and wisdom that brought man to religions in the first place.

Every world religion is build upon principle that every man of every faith can embrace, if we could only see past the "name calling" (pun intended)!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Here is the main concept that separates the bible and the Koran. Actually the bible and pretty much all other religious text. I want to make note that I did not say Christians because most Christians refuse this message from the bible so they actually practice a religion that is closer to those they condemn than the one Christ is calling them to.

The main difference is freedom from sin. All other religions teach that one is in a constant state of sin and repentance, one they cannot free themselves from. And this is correct man cannot free himself from this burden. The bible shows a way that by Christ’s sacrifice on the cross we may learn the will of God. When we submit our entire will to God, so that we no longer will to do what we want but only to do the will of the father, his grace can free us from sin. We become dead to sin and born of the Spirit. Many Christians will make this claim but few if any even understand the message.

For this reason I will not call God, Allah. As it might be confusing to my brothers. God knows his sheep and his sheep know him.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I find it a bit funny that traditional christians are trying to lay the accusation of polytheism on Islam.

Followers of the religion that believes that God is 3 are attacking the religion that obsesses (yes, obsesses to an EXTREME degree) that God is 1?

It's kind of sad, and a show of how desperate some people have become that when they cannot attack the theology of Islam (because unlike christianity, Islam is quite vehemently and unequivocally monotheistic), they make up some history in an attempt to discredit it.

I don't know what you keep going on about your "experts", but it would take a fairly stubborn and bull-headed person to not acknowledge that "Elah, "Elaha", "Eloaha", "Alaha" (used in both Hebrew and aramaic to refer to God) and "Allah" (used in arabic to refer to God by muslims, as well as christians and jews in arabia from BEFORE Muhammad's time) are all derived from the same root, and are cognates. Ask ANY linguist who has ANY background at ALL in the semitic languages. Heck, ask any hebrew speaker if you want. I remember dontreally (a complete and unapologetic jew with no hidden sympathy for the muslim cause that would colour his opinion) even exclaiming as much right here in these forums when some Christian went on about it for a bit too long.

And if you are thinking that the use of the crescent moon as a symbol of Islam somehow "proves" its pagan moon-worshipping origins, you REALLY need to read up on your history. The crescent moon wasn't used as a symbol by the muslims before the Turks, and according to traditon, the turks took it over from the Byzantine's standard when they conquered them. So it was originally the symbol of one of the CHRISTIAN empires!

And people keep going on about how Jesus didn't speak Aramaic as a first language, but I'd say there's pretty damning evidence that he did- in his hour of most suffering, in his hour of need, in which language did he call out to God in? IN ARAMAIC (remember "Elah Elah lama sabachtani"?!)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Its simple. Its the same god with a different name. Different races had different names for the one true god. And humans have been killing each other in the millions for thosands of years over this ludicress idea of "my god is better than your god even though its the same god with a different name".

And since this is ATS, I'll go one further, just to piss off everyone. Cause it dosn't matter.

Everyones so called god and I use the little "g", was an alien which used super science and holigrams to make the common humans slaves. Folks have been slaving and bowing down to the alien master for thosands of years.

So the way I see it is this..
Folks that profess there obediance to the one true god and fight wars over it are simply deluded. Its part of the oldest program to keep the humans as slaves, to divide and conquor. To keep everyone at each others throats.
And it works. Tell me the last war that anyone can find that didn't have some kind of religious overtones attached.

And folks say there evolved, smart..posh.

Its the same old argument, your still a slave to an alien overlord. And your never going to break the paradox of looping, Until you put away gods, and take responsibility for your OWN actions.

Until then, go ahead and argue over a name for your god..

If he/she is still around and I don't think so...he/she is laughing at the superior humans..

There that should have pissed off just about everyone on the planet.

i feel good.

You may now go back to your unending religious wars...

::does a face palm::

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
1 John 2:22
New International Version (NIV)
22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

Galatians 1
No Other Gospel
6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

I guess some Angel did come down after to teach that this Gospel was corrupt and false and that one is a curse onto it self with its oppressive laws.

No one is saying God is not One, Christ, The Father and Holy Spirit is One and we will be One with the Father in Heaven also one day, I guess spiritual mathamatics is a bit hard to understand.
The Devil's biggest trick is to try and copy what he can not attain him self in godliness.
edit on 29-11-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Lolwut? No "christian" would ever call the Lord Allah. Our Lord is Jesus the Christ, the Lord of All, the Son of God, the Son of Man.

You haven't had much contact with Arab Christians, I see.

"Allah" is just Arabic for "God". Originally it was applied to just one of the gods in the original Arab polytheism, one god of the 360 or so idols housed in the Ka'aba. al-Ilah was "The God", the head of the polytheistic pantheon, a Moon God of the deserts. Al-Ilah had daughters, but Mohammed swept them under the rug. he could not admit that his god had daughters while simultaneously denying that God had a Son.

Mohammed co-opted al-Ilah and co-opted the Christian / Jewish God, and conflated and confused the two, trying to force them into being One. He essentially made a new god by hijacking two old ones and ignoring their precepts in favor of his own, which he projected onto his newly created god. He used the Arab name in deference to trying to win converts to his newly synthesized religion among the locals, who naturally enough already spoke Arabic.

Allah was before Islam was - Mohammed's father, who died when Mohammed was a child, long before he created Islam, was named "Abdullah", the "Servant of Allah", but it was a vastly different "Allah" than the one worshiped today after Mohammed's makeover.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
My guess would be they dont call him allah because thousands of years ago when christianity beleifs were almost the same as muslim beleifs they had to change the name becasue it wouldnt make sence for 2 different races or countries that hated each other to pray to the same god. I mean isnt that the only reason we have so many religions based loosley around jesus that all claim they are correct and the rest are not? Kinda like how the life story of jesus and horus are eerily similar (egyptian son of god who was reincarnated, and also a carpenter, and mothers name was mary who was a virgin) Look it up and youll probably understand religion allot more.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Cause in English the word for allah is god. people in the united states dont speak arabic. English in general.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
If Jesus(PBUH) called his god "Allah", then why would "Christians" use other words when talking to or about
their Creator?

I know religion can be an explosive subject here on ATS, but please keep it civilized...

What do you think ?

Personally, I know for a fact a god didn't create me. Might come to a shock to most, but it was my parents who created me. Funny, eh?

I think these fairy tales are getting old. Was it really an imaginary guy up in space (heaven?) who "created you" .. or was it your father and mother? And, going back many, many generations before them, maybe it was an advanced race of aliens who perfected your body to what it is today, only to be recreated by your PARENTS?

But hey, you may believe so heavily that a stork dropped you through the chimney onto your mothers lap or into a crib, just like mothergoose tales say, then you can attribute yourself to "being created by said god".

...Never was your parents who created you, was it..?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FreshNugget

Can there be civility without spirituality?

If you truly believe as you have typed, then how do you function in our world? What makes you civil, honorable, honest, etc? Pure logic and laws of the jungle would require you to mislead, steal, lie, cheat, etc, in order to get ahead and maximize your limited time while you're alive.

Can you honestly say that you think all spirituality is "imaginary?"

I don't believe in a "man in the sky," but that doesn't mean I don't believe in "God."

In fact, this thread is a perfect example of how religions have misled the masses. There is only one God. Different people can call the god by different names. The god can incarnate itself in different forms. There is nothing we can describe about a god in human terms. It is impossible to even try and speculate about the hows or whys of God, it is too far beyond our comprehension. The minute we put a name and a personification to it, we have failed ourselves and ruined our own argument for its existence.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
ya'll do know that jesus traveled to india and tibet for a while and actually considered Ahura Mazda as the "one" god and laughed when his disciples referred to allah as god right?

You pretend to !KNOW!

that

how?

By what means, route, proof?

It's hard to stifle my guffaws at the whole idea.

Is that Mormonism East?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As for Jesus. Since it is the Christmas Season, I heard Paul Harvey read a story a few years ago. Why would God send Jesus to communicate us humans?

The Parable of the Geese

There was once a man who didn’t believe in God, and he didn’t hesitate to let others know how he felt about religion and religious holidays, like Christmas.His wife, however, did believe, and she raised their children to also have faith in God and Jesus, despite his disparaging comments. One snowy Christmas Eve, his wife was taking their children to a Christmas Eve service in the farm community in which they lived. She asked him to come, but he refused. “That story is nonsense!”, he said. “Why would God lower Himself to come to Earth as a man? That’s ridiculous!” So she and the children left, and he stayed home.

A while later, the winds grew stronger and the snow turned into a blizzard. As the man looked out the window, all he saw was a blinding snowstorm. He sat down to relax before the fire for the evening. Then he heard a loud thump. Something had hit the window.

Then another thump. He looked out, but couldn’t see more than a few feet. When the snow let up a little, he ventured outside to see what could have been beating on his window. In the field near his house he saw a flock of wild geese.

Apparently they had been flying south for the winter when they got caught in the snowstorm and could not go on. They were lost and stranded on his farm, with no food or shelter. They just flapped their wings and flew around the field in low circles, blindly and aimlessly. A couple of them had flown into his window, it seemed.

The man felt sorry for the geese and wanted to help them. The barn would be a great place for them to stay, he thought. It is warm and safe; surely they could spend the night and wait out the storm. So he walked over to the barn and opened the doors wide, then watched and waited, hoping they would notice the open barn and go inside. But the geese just fluttered around aimlessly and did not seem to notice the barn or realize what it could mean for them. The man tried to get their attention, but that just seemed to scare them and they moved further away. He went into the house and came back out with some bread, broke it up, and made a bread crumb trail leading to the barn. They still didn’t catch on. Now he was getting frustrated.

He got behind them and tried to shoo them toward the barn, but they only got more scared and scattered in every direction except toward the barn. Nothing he did could get them to go into the barn where they would be warm and safe.

“Why don’t they follow me?!”, he exclaimed. “Can’t they see this is the only place where they can survive the storm?” He thought for a moment and realized that they just wouldn’t follow a human. “If only I were a goose, then I could save them”, he said out loud.

Then he had an idea. He went into barn, got one of his own geese, and carried it in his arms as he circled around behind the flock of wild geese. He then released it. His goose flew through the flock and straight into the barn - and one by one the other geese followed it to safety. He stood silently for a moment as the words he had spoken a few minutes earlier replayed in his mind: “If only I were a goose, then I could save them! Then he thought about what he had said to his wife earlier. “Why would God want to be like us? That’s ridiculous!”

Suddenly it all made sense. That is what God had done. We were like the geese - blind, lost, perishing. God had His Son become like us so He could show us the way and save us. That is the meaning of Christmas, he realized.

As the winds and blinding snow died down, his soul became quiet and pondered his wonderful thought. Suddenly he understood what Christmas was all about, why Christ had come. Years of doubt and disbelief vanished like the passing storm. He fell to his knees in the snow, and prayed his first prayer: “Thank You, God, for coming in human form to get me out of the storm!”

One of many Sources

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Accordingly God is the great I am. No name needed.

Humans are blasphemers give someone or something a name and we will figure out a way to use it in a profane way.

The commandments given to Moses speak that you should never use God's name in vain. So in some common belief it is hidden and only humans have given the God of 3 religions names like Yahweh, or Allah. But actually none has really been given other than the name that means God. Some do not even like to spell G*d in respect I have since found that I am describing the creator not naming by using the word God.

To me God is just God to have a name is only to separate the faiths further and cause division amongst them. So until we are more formally introduced I will respect that God is just the I am or God. Just like I hate when people mispronounce my name…
edit on 29-11-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Come on guys, this is such a stupid argument and no one seems to have "put it together yet"

- Allah means "the god" in Arabic. Which means nothing since it is not a name at all. Thus allah would mean god in English as well.

- In the Holy Bible, God has a name: Its Jehovah.

- The word "god" or Allah in Arabic, is a TITLE. Thus Allah is a title for one of Mohammed's gods. Allah is the name of one of the 360 different named idols found within the black box of Mecca. (study it, the history is there)

So in conclusion, Allah means "god". Which is not a name at all. Islam does not have a personal named God. They have a titled character who they worship through idolizing their man-god Mohammed. (who claimed t be god/Allah) Weird world, no?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Probably the same reason christians don't keep the sabbath (4th commandment) holly. Its to keep a seperate identity of religion from the jews and the muslims.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Lolwut? No "christian" would ever call the Lord Allah. Our Lord is Jesus the Christ, the Lord of All, the Son of God, the Son of Man.

You haven't had much contact with Arab Christians, I see.

"Allah" is just Arabic for "God". Originally it was applied to just one of the gods in the original Arab polytheism, one god of the 360 or so idols housed in the Ka'aba. al-Ilah was "The God", the head of the polytheistic pantheon, a Moon God of the deserts. Al-Ilah had daughters, but Mohammed swept them under the rug. he could not admit that his god had daughters while simultaneously denying that God had a Son.

Mohammed co-opted al-Ilah and co-opted the Christian / Jewish God, and conflated and confused the two, trying to force them into being One. He essentially made a new god by hijacking two old ones and ignoring their precepts in favor of his own, which he projected onto his newly created god. He used the Arab name in deference to trying to win converts to his newly synthesized religion among the locals, who naturally enough already spoke Arabic.

Allah was before Islam was - Mohammed's father, who died when Mohammed was a child, long before he created Islam, was named "Abdullah", the "Servant of Allah", but it was a vastly different "Allah" than the one worshiped today after Mohammed's makeover.

Well i am not from the middle east, never been there either and from what i've seen i don't want to until all this senseless killing stops. I was speaking from my perspective and i know where the word Allah came from and its link to al-ilah.

I've also heard that muhammad wasn't a real person but just an ideal, but who knows? From what i've read from him and about him i don''t think i'll be drinking his kool-aid.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Accordingly God is the great I am. No name needed.

Humans are blasphemers give someone or something a name and we will figure out a way to use it in a profane way.

The commandments given to Moses speak that you should never use God's name in vain. So in some common belief it is hidden and only humans have given the God of 3 religions names like Yahweh, or Allah. But actually none has really been given other than the name that means God. Some do not even like to spell G*d in respect I have since found that I am describing the creator not naming by using the word God.

To me God is just God to have a name is only to separate the faiths further and cause division amongst them. So until we are more formally introduced I will respect that God is just the I am or God. Just like I hate when people mispronounce my name…
edit on 29-11-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Do you know how you take God's name in vain? Here's a hint, its not saying God-damn or Jesus Christ like swear words. People who think that are ignorant of the Word. God is not God's name, neither is it Jesus Christ.

How do you take our Lord's name in vain? Call yourself a Christian? Do you act like Christ and strive to be like him, or do you call yourself a christian and then point the finger at someone elses sins? If you do that you are a hypocrit and that is how you take God's name in vain. The same goes for Jew and muslim. If you claim to be of God's people and you do not act like his true representative with his godliness on you then you are taking his name in vain.

Want to know what Jesus the Christ's true name is? Think YHWH and youre on the right track. Our physical bodies have names, but our spirits have their names as well. How do you unlock the name of your spirit? Here's a hint. Your personality, will, love, actions all of it. Now look at Jesus the Christ, our promised Immanu'el. See any of that in his personality, will, love and action? Yeah you see it, he has the spirit of God. Now you know why Christians say he is God in person. The Holy Spirit made Chrsit's flesh and then he dwelled in him. Whats another word for Dwell? Possess. Right, the Holy Spirit Possessed Jesus. Who is the Holy Spirit? YHWH. What does YHWH mean in hebrew? The Lord. Who is the Lord? Jesus Christ. Connect the dots yet? Hopefully some of you who hadn't connected the dots now make the connection because it doesn;t get any simpler than this.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
Probably the same reason christians don't keep the sabbath (4th commandment) holly. Its to keep a seperate identity of religion from the jews and the muslims.

No, it's because being a christian is work and it work that goes on 24/7. There is no rest from being a christian until we die and go home to be with our Savior King. Jesus gave us a task and that work is not completed until we die or he returns, whichever comes first. Our day of rest comes when we are with him again.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Allah is not God.

Allah was one of many deities worshiped at the Kabbah in pre-Islamic Arabia.

It was Mohammed's prime deception; the false linking of Allah with God.

edit on 28-11-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

That was poor archaeological work by a man who took great liberties with what he found. Those claims have since been deemed false. See here: www.islamic-awareness.org...

It's a bit long, but worth the read.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join