It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians don't call their creator Allah ?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Lots of people believe in a god the difference is that their god provides different paths of salvation for them and their god's have different rules bloodlines and covenants and nation or cities that are holy.

For Jews it is Isaac as the promised seed
For Muslims and Arabs it is Ishmael
For Christians it is Christ through spiritual blessings and Holy Spirit.
For JWs the Angel Michael, (not like they will tell you to your face straight away maybe they don't know either).

It's good everyone believes but not all have the same path and that causes conflict it shapes history.

Yeah but Jesus was meant to be the path for all people. Jesus said "I am the truth, the life, and the way. No one comes to the Father but through ME". He didn't say Michael was the path, he didn't say Muhammad was the path, he didn't say your neighbor smoking a 50 gallon garbage sack of bohemian tobacco was the way either although you would probably get high enough to reach heaven. Jesus said he was the way for all people to reach the Father.
edit on 3-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGod

. . . since been deemed false.

By dyed-in-the-wool Islamists.

I posted extensive scholarship and evidence upthread documenting the demonic moon-god allah link prior to Muhammed.

Folks seriously interested in the truth can check it out.

Islam does not have any claim on truth with it's inherent mandate to LIE about anything in behalf of supporting Islam.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My first post on this thread. It seems pretty obvious to me that since the word "Allah" is not in the bible Christians don't use it. Sorry if this point has already been made. I just wasn't up for reading each and every post.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

can I ask you a question though which is a bit related to the language thing...

What do you think for example about thsoe people who do not believe God as Jesus Christ ?

and we are talking about 5 billion people in the world maybe a tiny bit less.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

well, they dont really call him Jehovah or Yaweh either and those names do appear in the old testament at least

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo

can I ask you a question though which is a bit related to the language thing...

What do you think for example about thsoe people who do not believe God as Jesus Christ ?

and we are talking about 5 billion people in the world maybe a tiny bit less.

I think theyre going to be in trouble. That's the whole purpose of christianity was to spread his message, that is our only purpose left in this world and the only reason he hasn't pulled us out of here yet. That was the explicit task he gave us, our only directive beyond keeping his commandments was to spread the good news. What people of different religions fail to see is that he wants all of us under his wing, not just one specific set of gentiles.

Honestly i'd be happy as could be knowing that the creator of the human race created a physical vessel to dwell in while he went about the task of redeeming his creation if i were born anywhere else other than the U.S. Chrisitianity started out in Israel and moved west, it didn't start west and move east. Christianity wasn't set into play by white men, it was set into play by jewish converts who were Christs disciples while he went about his ministry. Jesus never came straight out and said "I am God" but he did allude to it many times. Jesus said "I am the truth, the way and the life", "I am the resurrection", "I am the light of the world". Read my signature he also said "most assuredly, before Abraham was I AM" He didn't say "before Abraham was God" he said "I AM" and that was when he flat out said he was God although he said "I AM". Those I AM saying were the only things the Sanhedrin could hang him on, when it came to his miracles and the testimony of Nicodemus they didn't give a damn. When Jesus said "I AM" he knew exactly what he was saying and exactly what would happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I could be way off on this I don't know, but it was my understanding "Allah" is just the translation of "God". And isn't God's name Jehovah? That's what it says in the bible I've read.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Everyone is wrong. God's real name is Bate`. That's pronounced "Baa-tay". That's it. There's no other name.

God doesn't have a name and doesn't need a name. That's why it was written He told Moses, say that the "I am that I am" said so. It's debasing to God for us to give Him a name.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Because Allah is sin a pagan god and not our true living God YHWH that the bible tells us about. Often depicted as a wise old man with a long beard, the moon god Sin was one of the most important Babylonian gods. His main temples were situated at Ur and Harran. The moon god "sin" was elevated to the top of the Babylonian pantheon by Nabu-na'id (Nabonidus) in an effort to make Babylonian religion more acceptable to subjects like the Arabians and Arameans. The Arabians esteemed the moon god, but had more difficulty identifying with Marduk, the supreme Babylonian deity associated primarily with the city of Babylon. The god Sin, "The Controller of the Night," had the crescent moon as his emblem, and the lunar-based calendar, which became the primary religious symbols of Islam, was worshiped in Arabia as AI-Ilah. Mecca became the center of all pagan religions of Arabia before Mohammed. AI-Ilah, the Moon God, was the "Lord of the Ka'aba" ("cube") which held the pagan black rock idol and was formerly the center of pagan worship, ruling over 360 idols. Lucrative trade routes resulted in meca.

Pagans who lived in Saudi Arabia before Muhammad was born worshiped toward Mecca because Mecca is where their idols were located. Because this pagan worship centered on Mecca was so widespread, a rapid acceptance of Muhammad's new religion was possible. Thus, Islam is a previously heathen religion modified into a monotheistic form by discarding all the other pagan gods except for Al-Ilah. Al-Ilah simply became Al-lah over time.

Islam still worships a black stone idol as well as Al-Ilah the sin god. Al-Ilah was the pagan Lord of the Ka'aba when Muhammad made up Islam, he just dropped the "i" and name has been simplified to Allah. The Ka'aba black cube in Mecca houses the occult black rock of Allah. It is of course still the center of pagan Islamic worship today. The requirement for a Holy Pilgrimage (hajj) to Mecca, in order to circle the Ka'aba. The site of the black stone idol is to be circled 7 times and kissed. Pilgrims then run to the Wadi Mina to throw stones at the "devil". Islam incorporates beliefs in jinns which are demons genies, fairies. They believe in spells, magic stones, fetishes, and animistic beliefs (spirits living in inanimate objects). See: Suras 55; 72; 113, 114. These pagan rites are practiced in Islam today.

edit on 3-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Yeah but Jesus was meant to be the path for all people. Jesus said "I am the truth, the life, and the way. No one comes to the Father but through ME"..... Jesus said he was the way for all people to reach the Father.

Jesus also said he has come only for the lost sheep of Israel.

Secondly Jesus also did not do anything for the pagan population in Arabia. He was not even concerned about the Arabians.

Instead it was Mohammad who obliterated idolatry from Arabia and established the monotheism that honors the God of Abraham...AND accepts Jesus as the messiah... thus paving the way for Arabia.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

All your points are good.
However it will not be heard by the christians here. They have an agenda to keep the concept of the "One true God" all to themselves. They will never accept that another people from another land have their own understanding of the One God.
This explains the falsehoods they are spewing out here, such as "Allah is a moon god" etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by samsamm9
If Jesus(PBUH) called his god "Allah", then why would "Christians" use other words when talking to or about
their Creator?

The reason is because in the "Christian" understanding, Jesus the man is God. This is due to the Roman practice of having a man be the physical representation of God on earth. For example, Constantine was the embodiment of Apollo on earth. The advantage of having Jesus be this embodiment is that he was already dead. Thus he cannot be destroyed again. This leaves the Papacy the ability to be the spokesman for Jesus on earth, which is what they claim.

To those who have read and understand what Christ was teaching, Christ lives on in us. We do not look to the Papacy as the spokesman, WE are our own spokesman.

I am saying we, but I may mean me, for I do not know many who would make such a bold claim and back it up with their life.

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. Allah is just a word. It is the understanding behind the word that matters. Allah is one. God is one. My father is one, and I am one with him.
edit on 28-11-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

That is all really interesting. and I like how you say all this.

I've never been to church and I don't follow any religion, so I never realized that when I use the word God, many must think I am speaking of the man Jesus. But, I am not, I am meaning God the All of all that is, the Ineffable One--- And yes, I think the Christ is the Light of Truth, the Heart and Love and Understanding within all of us. I think Jesus the man was saying this also.

I guess I have to explain what I mean by "God" when I use that word. I certainly do not feel comfortable with saying "Allah" though, that is just not going to work for me, I am too "western" for that somehow does not sit right or feel right. Maybe I could say The Divine Infinite All or The Ineffable.

Well, anyway, I liked your post and I agree with how you say all that; "we are our own spokesmen", that is very nice, thank you.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
When Jesus said "I AM" he knew exactly what he was saying and exactly what would happen.

Yes! He did know exactly what would happen my friend. He knew men were so full of their own knowing that they would look past the obvious to find fault in him.

When Jesus said "before Abraham was, I AM", he was telling the crystal clear truth of who he was speaking for. He was speaking for the self beyond the created illussions of division. Things like our name, our race, culture.

If you ask Abraham "Who are you?" Abraham would answer "I AM Abraham"

See, I AM does come before Abraham.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
I could be way off on this I don't know, but it was my understanding "Allah" is just the translation of "God". And isn't God's name Jehovah? That's what it says in the bible I've read.

Indeed, he has many names, but Allah is not his name. Allah supposedly just means "God", but God is not God's name, its just what we who either do not know his name or are too scared to say it out loud or even in hushed whispers, some people are so superstitious that they just write/type G-d and leave the O out. Jesus said we had to have faith, he didn't say we had to have superstition.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Dear friends, are you still trying to understand the unknowable?

God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, "Our knowledge, our prophecy, are only glimpses of the truth, "But when that which is perfect is come, the imperfect will pass away, "You see, for now we look as if in a mirror, shrouded in mystery;" but then we shall see face to face.

Now I know in part, but then shall I know even as also I am known,

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love." But the greatest of these is love.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly;it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails

That is all you need to know.

The message was simple,

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by banishedfromthisarea

So what does it mean for Jesus to come 'In God's name?' , 'All hallowed be thy NAME', & him saying 'I have made your name known to them'. He gave us his name so that we could address him properly. Abraham, Moses AND Daniel were professed by God to be his friends. How many friends do you have that you don't know names of? His name is Jehovah. ' EX 3:15, 'God said to Moses ' This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel(Abraham), 'Jehovah the God of your forefathers... has sent me to you.' This is my name to time indefinite, & this is the memorial of me to generation after generation"
'And I shall certainly magnify myself & sanctify myself, & make myself known before the eyes of many nations, & they will have to know that I am Jehovah.
Allah is like the word God. It is nondescript. Money can be a God by all accounts! Jehovah is the living God. He approves his own name. He found it worthwhile letting us know what it is, so that must mean it is necessary, & only human's with huge ego's would say that God's name is not needed to worship God. It's very arrogant if you think about it. We don't need his name because of what? We are too important to lower ourselves & address him properly? We don't need his name because we don't need him? I think the world is evidence that we are ungrateful & undeserving of the wonderful gift of life that he bestows..& we definitely have proven we need him. If people used God's name, he would become 'real' to them & then they would know how to behave. Saying 'Heil Mary' 50x means nothing. She is not God. 'In the name of God' is also frivolous & directed at nobody at all... I could say God( in this case,money) is the root of many injurious things. It would be true without maligning Jehovah. Jehovah is a specific God with standards. 'That man on the radio' would only become 'real' to someone you were talking about him to, once you knew his name. You would need more details to be understood. It is the same with God.He is the creator, so in conversation to a friend, you might say 'You know the guy who made all this?', He would say 'No' unless he knew his name....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Okay, let me get this straight. Allah means "God". IS God. Yet I am seeing unbelievable amounts of posts saying "Allah is not God". So, what you're saying is "God is not God". God IS God. Saying otherwise is like saying "a cat is not a cat" or "a shoe is not a shoe". It's obvious that it is what it is. Saying otherwise is a spectacular lack of common sense (in my personal opinion). Needless to say, I'm confused. If Allah is "God", why can't you use "Allah" to SAY "God"? For crying out loud, THEY MEAN THE SAME THING!!!!

How you use that is another matter entirely, but we're not looking into that. We are looking at the name. So for Pete's sake, let's look at the name!!! Not at what "the true name of God is" (which to my way of thinking is unknowable), but at the name. God (Allah) = God. It's that simple. Don't over-think it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Did you know there's a modern Protestant sect called Messianic Judaism? And a couple of denominations split from it already.

Messianic Judaism was started by a Baptist Minister. They mix a little Old Covenant language with Protestant heresy.

This is the New, Covenant, Jesus makes things new and we see God reveals Himself in a greater way in the New Covenant, He comes to be with us and in us.

+ + +

God the Father's words from Mary, delivered by the Archangel, Gabriel ~
Luke 1:31 Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Hmm if he spoke Arabic he may of said this.. Ana Al- Ba'ith I am the resurrection.. well wow, if that's not an odd name for Allah.. I mean, most of us believers know that Jesus did resurrect..... Ana Al Awwal, An Al-Akhir.. a am the first and the last... would that not also be the beginning and the end.....? don't confuse this.. I am not suggesting or implying I think my Jesus is your Allah... just stating a glaring oddity both faiths will sooner or later have to deal with...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
To give name to something so un-comprehendable, and then argue over language semantics speaks volumes of ones real comprehension in things religious.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join