It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost photo of UFO found

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by curious4ufos

Well done and very professional. This is substantial data and extremely useful!
If the object is indeed farther away than tree #1, then the hubcap theory, as good as that is and very compelling , becomes less plausible. Nice work.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

If the object is in actually between focal plane 2 and 3 (with 2 making it about the same size as a car)...can you make a guesstimate as to the object's true size (assuming it is closer to focal plane number 3 in your diagram?

It's very difficult to tell even the distance and size of the trees in this pictures, even less the object but I would say even 3 or 4 car lengths if it were that far away.

What I did to guess the minimum size was look at lots of pictures of the ALLEGHENY Mountains in the web. People take a lot of pictures now when they travel and post them all over the web, from Pbase to travel blogs. I cropped sections of those pictures with trees similar to this ones and then overlaid a rectangle the size of the object and guessed the size.

I also found a lot of interesting facts about the area. If it is a hoax they sure picked a good place to take the picture.

ALLEGHENY Mountains go from West Virginia and Virginia up on a north east direction towards Pennsylvania and the government has a lot of interesting facilities around them:

Green Bank Radio Telescope
National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO)
U.S. Navy Information Operations Command (NIOC)

The United States National Radio Quiet Zone is located in Allegheny Mountains between West Virginia and Virginia. It is free from radio signals and was established in 1958 so that all these radio telescopes and communications equipment could function in a clean radio environment without interference.

This area was chosen because it has a hilly topography that screens out most incoming radio signals, allowing the Green Bank telescopes to receive signals that are otherwise too low in power to be heard over the normal radio background in North America.

Wiki for Radio Quiet Zone

Wired ran a nice feature on the Radio Quiet Zone a few years ago:

The astronomers who selected Green Bank as the site for the telescope in the mid-1950s chose carefully. The surrounding Allegheny Mountains provided a natural shield against radio and television broadcasts.

Wired Article on the Quiet Zone

In 1946 there was even a letter sent to Amazing Stories magazine by a man claiming he found a perfectly circular and smooth hole going straight down at the bottom of a cave and that the local elders told stories of surveyors exploring that cave to almost 5 miles below sea level before coming back up.

Here's the letter

If I were an alien and humans had just built all these radio telescopes and stuff in the 50's and 60's I would be very interested in checking them out as often as possible.

I was actually 50/50 on this photo at first but have been leaning more towards the real deal after learning about the mountain range.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I am still on the fence with this one as in fake or legit but the hub cap conclusion doesnt wash with me because a hub cap is stamped out of thin sheet steel and would not have a raised section where the cap clips into the wheel rim, unless someone welded another raised section to the back of the hub cap ?

Also a few have mentioned that its not a typical shape for a ufo so what is a typical shape? If the universe was teaming with advanced life forms which no doubt it could be and there are billions of galaxies with quiet a few life productive star systems then why would they all basicaly be driving a Ford, Toyota or a Mazda just for example.
edit on 5/12/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
I am still on the fence with this one as in fake or legit but the hub cap conclusion doesnt wash with me because a hub cap is stamped out of thin sheet steel and would not have a raised section where the cap clips into the wheel rim, unless someone welded another raised section to the back of the hub cap ?
Tell me what you think of this photo I found:

walkwall2210.blogspot.com...

That photo has an odd caption: "1966 Ford Falcon", it may be accidentally mislabeled since the captions of the other photos make more sense. Anyway look at the zoomed in view of this particular hubcap or whatever the heck it is from that photo:

I thought it was odd the bottom edge seems so malformed and unusual in the UFO photo, but this object also seems to have a malformed bottom edge. I'm not saying this is definitely it, but I'm seeing enough similarities to where I find it difficult to rule out this or something like it. Doesn't the bottom edge of that look as odd as the bottom edge of the UFO photo? It's not a perfect match, but it's not at the same viewing angle where it might look closer, and it is quite similar.

I see a definite resemblance, but not definite enough to make a positive ID.

So I don't know if it's a hubcap or not.

But what I do know is that people who rule out a hubcap probably don't have a particularly good reason for doing so.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Welcome aboard curious, and thanks for the concise analysis. Very sound methodology you have.

We appreciate your contributions.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Again, Curious,...(and I know I speak for others here, as well) it's so great to have you here on ATS and especially this thread. Your research is thought-provoking and extremely thorough.

I had heard that the goverment had facilities in the area, but until your post, never made a connection between this object and the U.S. government. Perhaps this object is one of ours...or perhaps the occupants of this craft are just as curious about us, as we are them.

The story of the oddly- bored cavern found in 1916 in that area was interesting too. I will only add that my relatives coming from Penn. and W.V. were coal miners and those mountains are riddled with mines and caves.

As to the size and type of this object or craft...I have had a private message from another member here (who may or may not wish to remain anonymous)...who told me that they had personally witnessed this EXACT same craft (3 together, in fact) very recently and in another country. They contacted me saying that until now (this photo), they had never seen a UFO reporting, film, or photo that had matched the craft(s) they had witnessed so precisely.
Granting veracity to this would (to me) tend to rule out that this is a goverment craft, as it's design certainly would have evolved to some extent over the past 30-40 years.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

what country was the latest sighting in are there any photos?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Australia. They didn't say if they took photos.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Can anyone with a photography background comment on whether or not this object may have been moving based on the edges of it?

That would help eliminate some of the theories of the hubcap being thrown, suspended in the air with gas.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dtrock78

For me, Curious4ufos posting on pg. 35 has pretty much ruled out the hubcap theory.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That hubcap in the photo is indeed very similar to the object in question, but if you check the width of the raised cone and the width of the outer rim you will see that the object's rim is much wider than the hubcap's outer rim.

That doesn't mean it can't be a very similar hubcap, there must be thousands of different hubcap designs out there. If I were an amateur photographer and wanted to do some fake UFO pictures then hubcaps would definitely be in my list of things to use.

I was intrigued by the mountain top on the far background. Because of earth's curved surface you can't see mountans that are that far away unless they are very tall.

Checking the topography maps of the area and there are 3 mountain tops that resemble the one in the far background and have the height to match: Blue Knob, Pine Knob and Ritchey Knob but too little is shown of it to identify it further.

After all the analysis by everyone involved it seems like we are coming to a dead end with this pic, at least I know am jeje

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
OUR UFO PHOTO JUST MADE YOU TUBE...CHECK IT OUT!
1970 ufo photo zoom & filters - YouTube
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This photo looks like many many other dubios pictures of UFO's, i am going to show you just a few silimilar ones, all fakes and hoaxes.

Here is a link to many of the same ilk.

ufocasebook.com...

On second thoughts, I am sorry , the op's picture is a fake.

We are waiting on the "One Picture", This is not it.

edit on 5-12-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

This photo has definitely NOT been proven to be a fake...at least not yet...On the contrary, it still stands up after 36 pages of intense photographic analysis and scrutiny by some very talented photographic experts here on ATS.
With all due respect, if you have proof that it is a hoax, please offer it...rather than to dismiss it with simple opinion. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
OUR UFO PHOTO JUST MADE YOU TUBE...CHECK IT OUT!
1970 ufo photo zoom & filters - YouTube
www.youtube.com...

Well,then you have become a ufo star that will be added to the ufo history.

Just kidding,ya know.

It is pretty cool that this has not been debunked yet,that I know of.
But,it has not been authenticated either.
Have you tried one of the big ufo research facilities?
Also,I would try to copy right this stuff because of people trying to make money off of it without you getting a penny,know what I mean?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks kdog...but since I didn't actually photograph the image myself...don't know who did, and I just own the photo itself, I don't think I can copyright it. Don't know.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

You own the photo,handed down to you from your father,inherited I guess.
I don't know,just saying.
Has this photo been published before?
So far no one can find it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Nobody can seem find it...so maybe this is the only one and it has never been published. I am actually very surprised that someone hasn't at least found another photo of this same object.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The holder of many secrets,I shall call you.
Just like the mysterious stone bowl.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

...and so many, many, more, my friend : )
I seem to collect mysteries.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join