It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost photo of UFO found

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
UFO (flying saucer...)

No cup on top of it.

I saw a real realistic one in the 1980's . Turns out it was somethign from a washing machine tossed in the air. It had more detail on it than anything I've seen before. I can't find it now. Does anyone else have it?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this just now. I thought the proportions of the UFO in the background were incredibly similar to that of the one in the IAMTAT's pic.

pichaus.com/strange-mystery-fbi-roswell-@7c38c8bd32d6098ad73b1bdc69f4c6fe/

To look at this page you will need to paste the address in to your browser because when I tried to use the full address the end of the link kept getting chopped off.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Timelife

It's similar, but the top dome is smooth, whereas the picture we're discussing in this thread has noticeable ridges on it.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Timelife

Here's that link, I hope.

PS: using the "LINK" button when making your post and adding some text works better than just posting the link.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks I'll bear that in mind next time I post a link up

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Very Interesting.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by IAMTAT

Threads like this make me very glad and proud to be an owner of ATS. Excellent discussion, analysis, and best of all an interesting picture in the OP that isn't obvious CGI.

Springer...

Yes, I think we surprise some members when we ask for the original digital photos (on recent sightings) so we can review the digital file EXIF data to determine date, time, focal length, etc to see if it matches their story. A lot of fakes get flushed out pretty quickly if the original poster either somehow loses the original (who loses a genuine UFO photo?) or provides the file and it is determined to have been altered.

We can be a persistent, but kind set of people.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

No to that. Line is wavy, segmented and too much noise in the picture to allow that as evidence.
A string would have to be perfectly linear, not so here.

Edit.
If you want to do an analysis like this, then put the photo enhancement you have in photoshop, and using the transformational tool, tilt the image backward, so you are looking down the surface of the picture in latitude.

Much like the way frequency analysis recorders record faint lines of detected frequencies only discernible by looking down the page, this method works for any line that does not register in an original 2d image. Give that a go and post the result (in image) if you see a correlation
edit on 19-12-2011 by charlyv because: added content

edit on 19-12-2011 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

PP, you are the bees knees. (Hope you are old enough to understand that!) Saw your talent in another thread (don't remember where), and I'm jumping on the hubcap bandwagon now. I've been lurking, reading, and watching.

IMO, didn't anyone think that a 1970 UFO pic would be a couple of hub caps, tossed in the air multiple times, until the right pic was captured? This is Pennsylvania, they hunt, drink beer, (especially in the 70's) and if they didn't get any deer, they drink beer, and think up ways to make UFO pics. That was the fad back then, for hunters at their cabins, away from their nagging wives, a way to have fun.

"Dang, Jim, we didn't get any deer today."

"Yeah, Mike, I know. Fun to be away from the wives though. What'll we do now? And hey, hand me 'nother beer."

"Hey, I know, tomorrow, let's toss hubcaps and you can take UFO pics."

"Sounds like fun. We aren't doing much good hunting, ya know?"

So they tossed hubcaps the next day, instead of hunting, and got a good pic on their camera, out of many tries..

They went back home, to their nagging wives, with no deer, and Mike tried to explain:

"Honey-bunches, we were huntin' but this UFO thing came around, and scared all the deer away. Jim even got pictures on his camera, I know we took it along to photograph that 12 point buck we were supposed to get, but that UFO spoiled the trip."

"UFO?", Mike's wife asked, "You're meaning to tell me you went hunting and all you shot was a UFO?"

"Aww, hun, wait til I get them developed tomorrow, you'll believe us then!"

Mike and Jim got the pics developed, tossed the crappy ones, and they each took a picture home to their wives.

"What the heck is that? That ain't no UFO", Mike's wife responded, "That's two hubcaps you fools were tossing in the air while you were drinking! You better put that picture in a book, and hide it away, lest you become a laughingstock."

Mike did. It was a foolish weekend after all.

Years later, someone finds the pic, and posts it on ATS.

That's just one possible explanation......Keep an open mind.

"

LOL I love you man
I've been reading since page 1, and leave it to your post on page 31 to get me to post

no other comments, just giving some love

continue debating ♥
edit on 19-12-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
This post brings up a very good question and one that has me wondering.

How many UFO reports go unreported? How many photos of UFOs are out there? How many "legit" UFO photos are just laying around in someones dresser drawer right now or inside of someones closet?

The "Smoking Gun Flying Saucer" photo could be in some old Grandfathers or Grandmothers closet right now and we'll never know about it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

One thing that is usually ignored is the personal archive. Many people have their own documents carefully organised, and, in some cases, when they die (or even while living), they leave orders for their personal archive to be sent to some local, regional or even national archive.

I know that local city archives, in Portugal, have many personal archives along with their own documents, but only if it was a famous person do those archives get any special treatment (and by special treatment I mean reorganising and/or digitising those archives, as they mostly just do normal "maintenance" service to those personal archives).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I really hate to see a thread like this die off. Is there anyone else who can lend insight to this image/thread? This is such an intriguing find.

OP, have you thought about providing a high resolution image copy to bigger professionals that can analyse this further?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Let me say thanks...for taking the time to share this.

Did your dad ever mention this photo to you?

Just wondering.

Great find !

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

Hello,
I wouldn't know where to take it to get a higher rez scan than the one I had done at Kinkos. Any suggestions?
-TAT

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonatic

Regarding your question about Dad and if he ever mentioned this photo to me in the past, the answer is 'no'. To be honest, I don't think he really paid it much interest, as he had never really shown any interest in ufos...or any manner of paranormal phenomenon, for that matter. I wish he had told me more about it when he was alive...but before he passed, he suffered a series of strokes which took much of his personality, mobility and memory.
It's funny...we always assume that the ones we love will always be around to share their wisdom and experiences SOMEDAY...so we keep putting things off..until often it is too late. Dad was an incredible, unique and man of great character...I remember him as a loving and kind father and wish I had learned so much more from him. That said, he lived more of life in his 80 years than most of us could live in several lifetimes.
-TAT

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I know I am catching onto this late but first of all what the hell is with all the jerks on this site claiming every other post or pic to be fake? You guys really get in the way of interesting threads. Why are you even here?

Hell the Stargate thread sounds nuts to be but its a damn good read!

Just take it easy, this guy seems to have no excuse to "fool" everyone.

Second though, AWESOME PHOTO.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Plenty of time has passed...did you end up scanning this image? Don't leave a good post hanging...just scan it at kinkos...they can put it on a cd or dvd for you...
edit on 25-1-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

Sorry noticed the scan image on page 6 or 7...thanks

edit on 25-1-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by AnnunakiX

Hello,
I wouldn't know where to take it to get a higher rez scan than the one I had done at Kinkos. Any suggestions?
-TAT

I can't remember if you were asked to contact mufon or not.

I bet they would have the resources to do an analysis.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
How many UFO reports go unreported? How many photos of UFOs are out there? How many "legit" UFO photos are just laying around in someones dresser drawer right now or inside of someones closet?

Tons. Unless there is a local flap, where a lot of people are reporting things, very few people are enthusiastic about taking what is probably a very personal experience and making it public. For all the reasons.

The "Smoking Gun Flying Saucer" photo could be in some old Grandfathers or Grandmothers closet right now and we'll never know about it.

Maybe, but I don't think so. There's a curious distancing effect that goes on with real UFOs. It's not easy but it's relatively common to be able to get a useless far-away photo of a blob of light or a little shiny disc. The closer you get to it, though, the harder it is to come away with a good photo.

There's the shock, of course, of having the thing in your face. Then there are the odd psychological and time shift effects. Your mind doesn't work well. You get paralyzed. And naturally if the "aliens" grab you, they're not going to let you remember much if anything, and they're going to directly mess up your photos. Why? Why should they care if you go home with an intact memory and some happy snaps of them hanging out with you, showing you the hyperdrive engines and how they work? I don't know.

After pondering the various possibilities, I lean toward the idea that they're time travelers, and that any really good evidence of them could potentially have a bad effect on their own future. So they're okay with you taking a few blurry photos and videos, but they can't let you get much better than that. They'll stop you, and they're really good at it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Very cool! Did the OP ever post a propped up photo? If so what page?

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join