It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are other countries informing their people about incoming Planet X?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by luxordelphi

Actually according to the Russian broadcast Nibiru is currently at the edge of our solar system and will come 'terribly' close to earth making its' closest approach on Feb. 14, 2013.

And....you just blindly accept this "claim"? Without doing a little bit of math?

"...edge of our solar system...." Would you agree that is near the distance of the orbit of Neptune? Or, Pluto? (Pluto actually has a very elliptical orbit, and comes close to the Sun than Neptune for part of its complete path).

So.....let's do some calculations:

--(Starting from now, 27th November 2011)--

Days until 14 February, 2013 = 445 (34 in 2011 + 366 in 2012 + 45 in 2013)

"Straight Line" distance from Earth to orbit of Neptune = 4.3 Billion Kilometers**

(**)[This is the closest that Earth and Neptune get, when both on same side of the Sun]. The farthest is 4.55 Billion Km.

So, mid-distance is about 4.45 Billion Km. (That's 4,450,000,000 when written numerically).
And, that is easy math, with only 445 days to work with. This means that anything that far out will have to be travelling at 10,000,000 (Ten Million) kilometers each day. What does that mean? Well, divide by 24.

That equals 416,667 KPH (kilometers per hour). Or, ~116 km/sec (kilometers per second).

Now....what is the speed of the planets in our Solar System? Earth is moving at only about 30 km/sec. The fastest planet is Mercury, since its orbit is smallest, being closest to the Sun. Its velocity is about 48 km/sec.

At distances where Neptune resides? Average of 5.45 km/sec!!

Conclusion? There is no "Planet X" inbound to "rendezvous" with Earth! Oh, and one more thing.....in order for any object to cover the distance from the "edge of our solar system" in 445 days .....the ~116 km/sec....then that would mean the object is moving too fast to remain in orbit of the Sun! Remember, Mercury's velocity is about 48 km/sec. AT the distance of Mercury, to the Sun, the escape velocity of the Sun is only ~88 km/sec!

This impossible "Planet X" not only would have to move faster than anything else in our Solar System, it would not even stay in orbit around the Sun.....not at that velocity, on that trajectory.

Proof or it isn't true

Edit - We would blindly accept what you say just because you pulled out some long math that could actually be wrong coming from someone sitting here on ATS trying to spread disinformation or even better, just posting thinking that they know it all.
Second line.
edit on 28/11/11 by Windows because: yer ma

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Windows

Edit - We would blindly accept what you say just because you pulled out some long math that could actually be wrong coming from someone sitting here on ATS trying to spread disinformation or even better, just posting thinking that they know it all.

OR you can do what Bird suggests and do the math yourself. Read up on orbital mechanics, look up the distances involved and do it. It's empowering to figure things out for yourself.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Friend you know what? You really need to slow down and re-read what has been said and what has not been said. I never jumped on you for posting anything, including a video. I did say that the video wasn't an issue if someone is insulting a person. The only thing I exchanged with you was the comment you made saying paraphrazing is 100% accurate. Thats not true unless its an accurate paraphrase. ,, BTW I made no such comment regarding the video ,,below you say,

No! CheruBaby has explicitly stated this video from "Moscow Center" is not the one they didn't see. Now s/he will accuse you of attempting to derail the thread, etc

Not the one they didnt see??? what do you mean? I didn't explicitly state any such thing. !!
What is wrong with you ?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Friend you know what? You really need to slow down and re-read what has been said and what has not been said. I never jumped on you for posting anything, including a video. I did say that the video wasn't an issue if someone is insulting a person.

Here is exactly what you said:

No that's not the broadcast they mentioned because there were complaints after the broadcast that cataclysms caused were not discussed. Also the broadcast I mentioned was called 'War Secrets.' In your book, not only misquoting someone is ok but inserting a You Tube video that has nothing to do with the OP and calling it part of the OP is ok. You all are incorrigible. I'm disappointed and bored.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For the record, I never claimed that the video was part of the OP, I merely suggested that the video I posted was probably the video in question. You accuse me of misquoting you. I did not; someone else paraphrased your argument and, well, it sure seemed an excellent summary to me. However polite you are trying to sound, you are calling me names. You have hijacked your own thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Are you drinking or smoking ? That was the ops statement and post not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Are you drinking or smoking ? That was the ops statement and post not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bad! I thought you were the OP, but going back, you're not. No wonder we've been talking at cross purposes. Anyway, this thread has been completely derailed now. It's all about who said what in the thread, rather than the OP's rhetorical question.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Windows

???

?

I presumed to avoid cluttering that post with all of the references, since I assumed that people would know how to verify my numbers used, by researching online, on their own!

Apparently, some wish it handed to them....so:

I certainly hope that the "edge of the solar system" used by the other member is perfectly clear? I actually gave her the benefit and error in her favour, by using the orbital distance of Neptune...rather than even farther out on the "edge".

The simple addition of the number of days between 27th November, 2011 and 14th February, 2013? I sure hope that doesn't need "verification"??

Finally, the orbital velocities of the planets, to compare with the speed calculated for this "mystery planet" to actually get here in the defined time frame??

Here is just ONE source. You might also use Wikipedia for more references as well.

Lastly, the escape velocity for the Sun. This varies, depending on how close you are to it. I used the orbital distance of Mercury, sine it is the closest stable-orbit planet. For this, Wikipedia has a handy reference table and chart:

List of Escape Velocities

Example:

(location)- at Mercury, (with respect to)- the Sun's gravity, (Ve)- 67.7 km/s

(It is difficult to copy/paste tabular information from other sources).

So, as shown previously, for this "mystery planet" to reach us in the suggested time, from that distance, it needs an average velocity of at least ~116 km/sec.

Logic dictates, then, that this "mystery planet" certainly cannot be in orbit around the Sun, based on that needed velocity. The "MYTH" of "Nibiru" claims it is in a long, highly elliptical orbit.

Therefore, that "myth" is busted.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Seems I struck a nerve! Your post only adds credibility and a "non" to the supposed "fiction" I wrote. Such an ironic post too. Your whole post is filled with entire paragraphs of slander and accusations. Do you really believe you deserve to be on some high horse of moral authority?

You go on about me twisting facts (really what facts?) that the OP posted, into my own "classless" conclusion and/or purpose.... please do tell, what conclusion or purpose is that? My post is nothing more than an observation. I am not inserting ideas to change any conclusion or purpose of the thread. I think the paraphrasing was clear enough on my intent. To point out how silly the OP's idea is.

And while I was ready to educate you on what paraphrasing is, it seems I've been beaten to the punch.

As for skunk works, there is nothing wrong with posting in skunk works, it has it's purpose. That purpose being a place to express ideas that are just that.... ideas. Hell, I was planning on posting my "Steve Jobs Murdered" thread in skunk works (which I may still do). Why would I post it there? Because it's baseless. (and I still may post it, I mean how else do you topple Apple? It's all a grand conspiracy, I'm tellin ya!)

But here's the thing. I really really doubt the OP posted this thread in skunk works. I would be 100% shocked if a mod had not moved this thread here from a forum such as 2012. Maybe a mod can verify this, or an early poster?

If I'm wrong, I would gladly apologize, though I am highly skeptical that I will be saying sorry any time soon.

You're also accusing me of controlling what the OP reads and gets news from? Really? That's pretty left field imo. Pointing out that there are just as many, if not more, American blogs and broadcasts on the Planet X topic is hardly doing so. It's a statement to refute the idea that only foreign media outlets are talking about this. Hell, we are on an american media outlet right now discussing it... just apply a little bit of common sense will ya?

As for the trend I see, I believe there are others here that would back up that observation, as I tend to see the same forum members in threads where both you and the OP post in. And anyone can dig up your post history and see for themselves. I stand by my observation 100%.

Back to the most annoying aspect of your post. You know, I may state that someones ideas are outlandish. I may see a post with fantastic claims (such as a media blackout by country in an internationally connected world) and state it to be such, even go as far as outright calling it sourceless hyperbole (you know, given the hype has no source). But my hat is off to you sir, as the master of insults.... here are some of my favorites! P.S. These are not paraphrases.

while you continue to write a cartoon.of contempt laced with foul manners. Without provocation from anyone you bash and belittle like a witch hunt that you conduct.

Constantly drooling the "Moria Logo you attire yourself in. You are deserving of your costume because you wear it so well.

you are a master at bringing your trough of slop,containing the lowest form of sarcastic, surly and gutter like mentality to a thread that you have become the star in, Yes a court jester.

The little thing that squeaks with "The Organ Grinder" Cloaking yourself in intelligence that is no more than an obvious dream you have not awakened from yet.

Sadly your not even interesting enough to dislike and I do like you.You know why? Because your so easy to deal with

way to stay classy.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Actually according to the Russian broadcast Nibiru is currently at the edge of our solar system and will come 'terribly' close to earth making its' closest approach on Feb. 14, 2013. That's Valentine's so it should be easy to remember.

The edge of our solar system, where the Sun’s gravity loses dominion over its surroundings, is the Oort Cloud. The Oort Cloud is estimated to reside in a sphere about 18 trillion miles out from the Sun.

Light travels 5.86 Trillion miles in a year
so the Oort cloud is approximately 3 light years out.

So, you are believing that a planet is traveling approx 1.7 times the speed of light, in order to be here around Feb, 2013.. Good one, makes my day.

edit on 28-11-2011 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
In addition to the several broadcasts advising the Russian people of an incoming Planet X I also found on several different blog sites in different languages people seeking and securing locations a minimum of 300 meters (about 1,000 feet) above sea level. I haven't seen any chatter like that here. Still I haven't been able to trace the source of this advice so can't say if it was conveyed via the media or not.

Also ran across an interesting story which I hadn't read and thought perhaps some here had not read.

yowusa.com...

It is about an astronomer, Dr. Robert Harrington, of the U.S. Naval Observatory, who travelled to Black Birch, New Zealand in 1991 to look for Planet X. He was able to locate the planet and forward his findings but died suddenly in Jan. 1993 before he could publicize his findings.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

He had 2 years between 1991 and his death in 1993 - that seems plenty of time to publish anything he found.

Anything significant he could have found with an 8" telescope would have been noticed years ago due to gravitational effect - Neptune eas discovered mathematically from gravitational anomalies in Uranus's orbit in the mid 1800's & I think we've moved a bit forward since then!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If you could be so kind as to post the sources for your claim that people in other countries are seeking properties at 300 meters above sea level, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Also ran across an interesting story which I hadn't read and thought perhaps some here had not read.

Oh? Yes indeed, quite interesting....perhaps not in the way you thought, at first. It is vitally important to carefuly fact-check these outrageous "sources". In the story about Robert Harrison, it says he went to New Zealand, with a "puny" 8-inch telescope, because he thought this non-existent "Planet X" was 30° or 40° BELOW the plane of the ecliptic. (I hope you understand what that means).

Then, the SAME blog article goes on to reiterate the long-explained mistake from the early IRAS observations that (temporarily) convinced some scientists who jumped the gun that there was a "nearby" IR source in the Northern part of the sky!! In the constellation Orion!!

The "yowusa" article, item #7 states breathlessly:

7. As long ago as Dec. 30, 1983, the Washington Post published a front-page article announcing the discovery, by the Infrared Astronomical Satellite, of this very same celestial object....

(My emphasis...)

"Same" celestial object?!? But, Harrison was searching the constellation Centaurus, whilst in New Zealand!!

From The Independent, article written in September 18, 1990:

"A modest 8in telescope, similar to that used by Mr Tombaugh, will examine the northern part of the constellation Centaurus."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adding here, I just went to look at Stellarium......entering the constellation Orion, I find that right now (evening, on the West Coast USA) Orion is rising in the East...almost exactly East, and now low on the horizon, at time of posting.

On the other hand, the constellation Centaurus? Can't see it....of course, if the Earth were suddenly made transparent, then Centaurus would be viewed by looking SOUTH, and down at my feet....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALSO FROM the "yowusa" source:

In 1991, Dr. Robert S. Harrington, the chief astronomer of the U.S. Naval Observatory, took a puny 8-inch telescope to Black Birch, New Zealand, one of the few viewing points on Earth optimal for sighting Planet X, which he definitively calculated to be approaching from below the ecliptic at an angle of 40 degrees.

He "definitively calculated" the angle of "40 degrees".

But, again from within same article, and once again citing the other source, The Independent, September 18, 1990:

...Dr Harrington says the most remarkable feature predicted for Planet X is that its orbit is tilted 30 degrees away from the ecliptic....

Bogus, and typical of the sensational fear-mongering that is so despicable, nowadays....

Now......regarding:

In addition to the several broadcasts advising the Russian people of an incoming Planet X.....

Why not post those, we would all like to check their veracity as well, I imagine. Did "Sorcha Faal" have anything to do with them, by any off chance??

edit on Mon 28 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Who or what is Sorcha Fahl (spelling??) And what does this have to do with my OP? Where is your source? Is this a new name for Planet X? Please be clear and brief.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Who or what is Sorcha Fahl (spelling??)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My original OP asking the question, "Are other countries informing their people about incoming Planet X?" requires a bit of a re-group here because of derailing efforts.

I appreciate the You Tube videos showing the two different broadcasts that took place several years apart with the latest one being this past Feb. 2011. The Russian equivalent of You Tube appears to be a thing called Ru Tube but the entire site is in Russian.

A couple of items before I close: I placed this topic in 'Skunk Works' because I was speculating, based on a couple of experiences delineated in the OP, and I was hoping that others would feel free to speculate as well. I don't believe I need to put up with LighterSide editing my posts and then lying and saying that the Mods' placed my thread in 'Skunk Works' and not me. It's tiresome but it does show that every word out of his/her mouth is a lie.

2nd item is that I'm sorry that Dr. Robert Harrington and his work were dragged through this topic by ProudBird. If ProudBird had bothered to check he/she would have found that the Navy operates (operated) an observatory in Black Birch, New Zealand. ProudBird goes on to mention Sorcha Faal which after reading the links in the thread that DJOO1 so kindly provided I understand everything. Some people are not able to differentiate and so when I say Russia, ProudBird immediately thinks of the hermaphrodite Sorcha Faal.

In the end, even 'Skunk Works' is not a safe forum for this dialogue. There are some things that just shouldn't be discussed on the web in these strange days. Thank you to all who contributed topically and goodnight.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
A couple of items before I close: I placed this topic in 'Skunk Works' because I was speculating, based on a couple of experiences delineated in the OP, and I was hoping that others would feel free to speculate as well. I don't believe I need to put up with LighterSide editing my posts and then lying and saying that the Mods' placed my thread in 'Skunk Works' and not me. It's tiresome but it does show that every word out of his/her mouth is a lie.

Well as I stated, I am 100% shocked that you placed this thread in 'Skunk Works' yourself, and not moved by a mod as you're stating, and since a mod hasn't confirmed it, I'll have to take your word for it. And thus, I apologize for the assumption.

What I am not shocked about are your comments.

1) I cannot edit your posts.

2) Lying about mods placing this thread in 'Skunk Works'?
It was an assumption. Based on your postings in the past, and the way the topic is addressed in your OP. It would take knowing who posted what where to lie about it. Flawed logic, as always...

3) "he/she"? If I am a she, I've got some serious facial hair issues.
... now see with you, I would go the he/she route, mostly because your avatar looks like Steven Tyler imo.... and that dude totally looks like a lady (no offence)

Anyway, props on the fanciful way you've connected the dots in an attempt to paint me as a "liar"... I'd love to see a quote of mine pulled showing that I am indeed a "liar".

Really, there's no need to fling names and labels toward others that you feel threatened by for pointing your errors in logic.

Like I said, there's a reason this is posted in 'skunk works', as for it being safe?.... well 'skunk works' isn't a shield preventing others from pointing out the flaws in your ideas, at least not that I'm aware of. Which is unfortunate because you don't seem to handle criticism very well, nor does your buddy CherubBaby (spouse?)

Ideas in 'skunk works' have one of two results. Either your ideas are bolstered with support allowing it to flourish into a full fledged conspiracy.... or you're ideas are shot down with logical conclusions supplied by the community.

Your idea was that other countries are privy to information about Planet X that we here in the US are not. An idea you based on third party material you did not cite. But even without the video, most of us used simple logic to deduce this couldn't be the case due to international connectivity though internet and travel, not to mention the flaw in the idea that there isn't just as many blogs, stories, and broadcasts on the subject matter here in the US already.

I'll let you decide what side of the fence this thread landed on.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

For the record - this thread was not moved to Skunk Works by any moderator. That being said, any member is free to post any thread in Skunk Works they feel should be in Skunk Works. There is nothing wrong with Skunk Works. It's not the "bad apple" of ATS. Some of the best threads are in Skunk Works.

ATS Skunk Works: This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

We welcome an open minded discussion in Skunk works and some of the posts in this thread does not reflect this spirit for which Skunk Works was intended - and the thread will now be reviewed accordingly.

Can we now please get back to the actual discussion, as where/when/how a thread is placed is hardly on topic. Any posts responding to this post will be removed as off-topic, because it is after all... off topic.

Are other countries informing their people about incoming Planet X?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

edit on 29-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: txt

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join