It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are other countries informing their people about incoming Planet X?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

The op never said the planet would be arriving in fullness as you assume. The op said that is supposed to make its closest approach on 2/14 Isnt their someway to assume correctly once in awhile? Or better yet find out if your right or wrong first.

Cmon I know it only makes one person look bad when we incorrectly assume.. . Can you assume who that might be?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

err what?

What's the difference between "arriving in fullness", "closest approach", and "terribly close" (as the OP put it)

Isn't this just semantics?

Originally posted by CherubBaby
Cmon I know it only makes one person look bad when we incorrectly assume.. . Can you assume who that might be?

Imma assume.... CherubBaby?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by heineken

Actually according to the Russian broadcast Nibiru is currently at the edge of our solar system and will come 'terribly' close to earth making its' closest approach on Feb. 14, 2013. That's Valentine's so it should be easy to remember.

Won't matter, not one whit. We, as a culture, civilization, and people will have been wiped out for over a year.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Sorry to disappoint you, but the "edge of the solar system" is much much much farther out than you presume. Just because the major planets end at a given point, does not mean the solar system does. If you were to stand at the very edge of our solar system, our Sun would seem just like all the other stars, a pin prick of light in the heavens.

The very edge is called the Heliopause, and scientists calculate that it is roughly 23 billion kilometers from the sun. Far beyond even the orbit of Pluto.
edit on 29-11-2011 by smugmushroom because: additions

edit on 29-11-2011 by smugmushroom because: sp*

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smugmushroom

That just reinforces PB's point - it means anything would have to be travelling proportionally FASTER......

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

Actually according to the Russian broadcast Nibiru is currently at the edge of our solar system and will come 'terribly' close to earth making its' closest approach on Feb. 14, 2013. That's Valentine's so it should be easy to remember.
reply to post by luxordelphi

The edge of our solar system, where the Sun’s gravity loses dominion over its surroundings, is the Oort Cloud. The Oort Cloud is estimated to reside in a sphere about 18 trillion miles out from the Sun.

Light travels 5.86 Trillion miles in a year
so the Oort cloud is approximately 3 light years out.

So, you are believing that a planet is traveling approx 1.7 times the speed of light, in order to be here around Feb, 2013.. Good one, makes my day.

edit on 28-11-2011 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

"Bones, I need warp power right now!" "Damn it Jim, I am a doctor, not an engineer!"

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

The topic of my OP is: are other countries informing their people of an incoming Planet X?

If they are, they are engaged in misleading their constituents.

Then you state to ProudBird:

Your scenario of an untenable Planet X can be classed under a disinformation campaign.

No...the disinformation campaign is being waged by persons making such broadcasts in "obscure," languages or in the Russian language or even in the English language: making the claims Nibiru, Planet X, or some other planet, is making an approach at SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE speeds...As ProudBird clearly presented...Despite my personal feelings for mathematics, mathematics DOES NOT ENGAGE IN DISINFORMATION!!! If there is ONE LANGUAGE in ALL THE UNIVERSE that provides for CLEAR, UNAMBIGUOUS answers (i.e., not subject to disinformation) it is MATH!!!

Then you post to mzungu:

I do have to say, though not necessarily to you, but just in general: it's difficult for me to understand why there would not be some questions about what I read what I heard what I saw relating to Russia informing their people about Planet X. It makes me feel like I am dialoguing with shills only.

Questions here asking for sources SPECIFICALLY related to the OP and your follow up participation; which as usual...you continue to ignore:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then, in EPIC abandonment...

2nd item is that I'm sorry that Dr. Robert Harrington and his work were dragged through this topic by ProudBird.

YOU brought Dr. Robert Harrington into this thread...ProudBird presented his analysis...

In the end, even 'Skunk Works' is not a safe forum for this dialogue.

As has been CLEARLY demonstrated by your posts, your inability/unwillingness to provide sources when asked to do so, and your false characterization of ProudBird, you are correct.

I suggest you form your OWN site and only allow those persons to join who sign a T&C stating they will follow your "party line."

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

Here is the one true statement in your long post. I thought I had made it clear that I was abandoning this topic, folding up my tents, moving on in the night...to another thread on ATS. Questions?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

......but the "edge of the solar system" is much much much farther out than you presume.

Of course, I know that....you do too, and also about a billion other people (I hope....well, perhaps maybe a few less).

Sadly, though....there are many who are not fully "up to speed" (pun) on the topic, and have not yet wrapped their minds around the distances, and physics, and realities. The scale of size is daunting of course, and well outside the common experience in a person's life on Earth. One has to stop, and really ponder, to even begin to comprehend just a tiny bit of it.

But, as I pointed out (buried in my text, previously)....I used Neptune to give the Original author of this thread the benefit of the doubt, in the "definition" of "edge of the solar system" (I always capitalize it, personally. Just to differentiate it as "ours", I guess.....though, technically "Solar" denotes our Sun by name...."Sol", so that defines ownership already. If there were a planetary system around, say......Orion? Then, it would be the "Orion System", to my mind. Or, whatever "they" would call it, if anyone lives there.
** ).

So, by "defining" it as the distance to Neptune, making it closer to help out the OP....it still was insufficient. All was also to illustrate the absurdity of any very large celestial body, claimed to be at least Jupiter-sized (or larger), being in close proximity. Since, to reiterate.....we CAN see Jupiter, and Saturn, in the night sky quite easily, even with the naked eye.

It is the logic that prevails, on this topic. Not the imagination. Imagination is fine and dandy, but should never be mistaken for facts, unless there is overwhelming evidence to confirm it.

(**)...of course, speaking of "imagination"....in Star Trek lore, there is a race of green-skinned Humanoids living there. So again, what fun it is to just make stuff up!!

edit on Wed 30 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey guys!
So this is where everyone went?

Methinks a more appropriate topic would be "If Planet X exists, would the US government hide it from the public?"

But since this is Skunk Works, we have to "assume" dear Destroyer is in fact out there. Sooooooooooooo, does anyone have any actual evidence of this whatsoever? Anything? Hello? Beuller?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by jeichelberg

Here is the one true statement in your long post. I thought I had made it clear that I was abandoning this topic, folding up my tents, moving on in the night...to another thread on ATS. Questions?

I would have rather you had just abandoned the post altogether, rather than come back and label my post as having only one true statement...it is apparent to anyone who takes the time to look at the thread, that everything I have identified in my post is an accurate reflection on the the thread...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Who's making stuff up about aliens? I just gave you a rough estimate of the solar systems size.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

OK, slow down....some weeks have passed.

Not sure if there was a miscommunication, or not....

Oh, what was the subject????

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join