It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. urges Americans to leave Syria "immediately"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

U.S. urges Americans to leave Syria "immediately"

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS/AP) BEIRUT - The U.S. Embassy in Damascus urged its citizens in Syria to depart "immediately," and Turkey's foreign ministry urged Turkish pilgrims to opt for flights to return home from Saudi Arabia to avoid traveling through Syria.

"The U.S. Embassy continues to urge U.S. citizens in Syria to depart immediately while commercial transportation is available," said a statement issued to the American community in Syria Wednesday and posted on the Embassy's website.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This, I believe, ties into my "Arab states, Turkey and US plan 'No-Fly Zone' over Syria" that can be found here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This may just be a precaution, but why no such warning when the first 3000 citizens got killed? Was the US government given direct threats from Syria on their embassy's there?

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Self-fulfilling prophecies courtesy of the King James edits.

Prayers go out to the innocent.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The gears are in motion and it's only a matter of time. A no fly zone is coming.....I just don't think it's going to go as smoothly as Libya. Too many players have showed interest.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Halliburton stocks are about to skyrocket.

Or did they change their name?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Any U.S. citizen even being in Syria at this point would be a fool.

Which is why this is nothing more than scare tactics aimed directly at the Assad regime.

They are hoping to frighten them with these public warnings, and ominous language.

Seriously, the language being used in this case has only one objective primarily, and the secondary objective may be to force the Assad regime to make its next moves prematurely.

Read between the lines here.

edit on 23-11-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
They have been screaming "Leave Immediately" for months:

September
news.xinhuanet.com...

April
www.bbc.co.uk...

Did they say "And we really really mean it this time!"

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
www.freerepublic.com...

The U.S. State Department urged all U.S. citizens to leave Kuwait due to the threat of war. The warning followed Sunday's notice for all U.S. Embassy nonemergency staff and family members to depart.

2003 anybody? im sure the state department would have had all citizens leave Iraq at the time but, there were hardly any! i believe it was also the same with afghanistan, only a handful of privately contracted employees remained in Iraq at the time ( have no link to support this ), definetly scary...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Any U.S. citizen even being in Syria at this point would be a fool.

Which is why this is nothing more than scare tactics aimed directly at the Assad regime.

They are hoping to frighten them with these public warnings, and ominous language.

Seriously, the language being used in this case has only one objective primarily, and the secondary objective may be to force the Assad regime to make its next moves prematurely.

Read between the lines here.

edit on 23-11-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

My thoughts exactly

Like any American who would be in SYRIA (really) does not know this..

The syrian government really do need there ass kicked though
killing all those innocent protesters..... Pretty dirty rotten leaders..
edit on 23-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Syrians were fine with their government until the CIA sent in all of their operatives and foreign mercenaries to stir up rebellion. The Americans are the murderers, and Assad could not even approach their league. Now, go get that oil boys.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A no fly zone plan been enforced would be the first steps of a war against the government of Syria. The bigger question is what would be the consequences if this scenario played out?

How will Iran respond back to this attack on their ally? will it sit idly by and watch it unfold like the rest of us? Will Russia allow Syria to fall into the hands of the rebels.

Iran attacks no longer a scenario, what then? Will the United states be drawn in militarily because Nato is being attacked by Iranian and Syrian forces?

This can get ugly if cooler heads don't prevail.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Russia and Syria are inseparable at this point, and the Russians will be very soon occupying their new navy base in Syria, not to mention their contracts, weapons supplies and strong defense of Syria at the UN.

U.S. and NATO intervention in Syria is very unlikely, and even if it happens, it will be NOTHING like Libya.

So, the U.S. is left with these scare tactics, propaganda wars and ineffective efforts for more sanctions at the UN.

Though, who knows? maybe they have really grown a pair and will act here, and/or in Iran.

If they do, the WORLD will never be the same... IMO.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well it seems Israel intelligence confirms...

Israeli security forces: Turkey nearing military intervention in Syria

Defense officials in Israel say Turkey is likely to set up secure buffer zones in Syria, near the border, to allow armed Syrian opposition groups to battle against the regime.

It's about to blow up in the middle-east.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
Now, go get that oil boys.

Ummm... Syria doesn't have that much oil. Not even top 30...

RESERVES
en.wikipedia.org...

PRODUCTION
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-11-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So you honestly think that going after Syria is not about getting to Iran? We have knocked down all of the other countries as our lead up to Iran.

edit
Use your own links to see the real goal of this Syria belligerence.
Additionally, Iran controls the waters through which half the world's oil must pass. Iran and Syria are allies. If you want to take out Iran's government in order to control its oil and pacify the straight, then you must take out Syria as well.

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by jcord
Now, go get that oil boys.

Ummm... Syria doesn't have that much oil. Not even top 30...

RESERVES
en.wikipedia.org...

PRODUCTION
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-11-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

I don't know. I think we stirred it up in Libya. However, I think Syrians legit hate their government. Assad is an actual, true to life, asshole.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Syria is of major strategic importance to Russia than any resources they may have.

The USA is very close to losing all influence in the region, with the only exceptions being Israel, and the Saudis.

Losing to Russia and China.

Both Iran and Syria are about much more than just their "resources" oil/gas etc. or even the Zionists paranoia and fear of them.

If the US backs out, and backs down now it will only indicate defeat of democracy and capitalism in the region, rejection of western influence and power globally, and the USA will ultimately be further isolated in it's slow steady decline from global dominance on every level.

You cannot be the greatest super-power on the planet without asserting that power, and aggressively maintaining your dominance in every category.

That has all changed a lot over the past two decades, and the erosion of power and dominance is accelerating.

There is a much bigger picture here.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You are correct. Assad is an ahole and that fact is being exploited by another ahole, the US. But is Assad being an ahole a legitimate reason for the US to do wnything at all? The US would not care if Syria was of no strategic importance.

Syria and Iran each also need a Rothschild bank like the ones the US put into Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan and Yugoslavia.

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jcord

I don't know. I think we stirred it up in Libya. However, I think Syrians legit hate their government. Assad is an actual, true to life, asshole.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Syria is of major strategic importance to Russia than any resources they may have.

The USA is very close to losing all influence in the region, with the only exceptions being Israel, and the Saudis.

Losing to Russia and China.

Both Iran and Syria are about much more than just their "resources" oil/gas etc. or even the Zionists paranoia and fear of them.

If the US backs out, and backs down now it will only indicate defeat of democracy and capitalism in the region, rejection of western influence and power globally, and the USA will ultimately be further isolated in it's slow steady decline from global dominance on every level.

You cannot be the greatest super-power on the planet without asserting that power, and aggressively maintaining your dominance in every category.

That has all changed a lot over the past two decades, and the erosion of power and dominance is accelerating.

There is a much bigger picture here.

I don't know if you described it the way you did on purpose. but bravo.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I tell you something else. The US has had a hand in all of these Arab Spring revos. They will all eventually end up in the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood. Turkey is already in that camp, as Erdogan has been the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in his country. Syria and Iran will go this way too I think - I know that the Brotherhood is Sunni and some of these countries like Iran and Iraq are mostly Shia, but that does not matter. Now just suspend disbelief and entertain my premise. What could be the reason for putting just darn near the entire middle east and northern Africa into the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join