It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. urges Americans to leave Syria "immediately"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

Even the Muslim Brotherhood will destroy itself; they too will be destroyed in the end by their own sword.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

European oil companies are providing Syria with a steady supply of gasoil according to traders and shipping data

Surprised? Shouldn't be. European oil companies were heavily invested in Iraq... you think they didn't support the Iraq war because they were better then Bush?
It's because European oil companies owned all the contracts in Iraq!

And not only European oil companies are providing oil and natural gas to Syria... Suncor in Canada is too... it was excluded from the Canadian ``sanctions``...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Seems like there are actually no Russian ships in Syrian waters at all

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by popsmayhem
The syrian government really do need there ass kicked though
killing all those innocent protesters..... Pretty dirty rotten leaders..
edit on 23-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Yup, such innocent protesters. Here's a video of them protesting with machineguns:

I'm not sure why you would respond with a video about the FSA, who as far as I know aren't claiming to be a peaceful protest group, or that they're the folks who make the coffee and hand out the rich tea biscuits at anti-Assad rallies.

When someone refers to 'innocent protesters' being shot, maybe they're referring to the people who weren't carrying assault rifles when they were killed.

Here's a few where they're screaming ALLAH AHKBAR. Same guys who we were fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. Same guys who we backed in Libya.

... Muslims? In Syria? What a scoop!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Self-fulfilling prophecies courtesy of the King James edits.

Prayers go out to the innocent.

Yep, the final destruction of Damascus is coming. Jeremiah prophesied that i think.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by zroth

Doesn't Syria get burned to the ground if prophecy is being fulfilled?

I hope you're wrong...

Wouldn't be the first time in history a city got razed. It's happened for thousands of years in a number of different cities that disappeared from the face of the earth. I can name some of them. Jericho,Troy, Carthage, Sodom, etc.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by zroth

Self-fulfilling prophecies courtesy of the King James edits.

Prayers go out to the innocent.

Yep, the final destruction of Damascus is coming. Jeremiah prophesied that i think.

Well if Assad uses biological weapons or chemical weapons, Assad will get incinerated by a nuke.

Syria given extra day to accept Arab plan

Country has until Friday to sign a protocol allowing monitors into the country or face sanctions.

And as Ron Paul says, sanctions lead to war.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
reply to post by popsmayhem

Syrians were fine with their government until the CIA sent in all of their operatives and foreign mercenaries to stir up rebellion. The Americans are the murderers, and Assad could not even approach their league. Now, go get that oil boys.

Americans are the murderers? That's rich!

So we sent undecover troops there to act like the Syrian army and shot up all those people and ran over them with tanks... Sure... I'll believe that!

And they say Religion is hard to grasp...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
I'm not sure why you would respond with a video about the FSA, who as far as I know aren't claiming to be a peaceful protest group, or that they're the folks who make the coffee and hand out the rich tea biscuits at anti-Assad rallies.

When someone refers to 'innocent protesters' being shot, maybe they're referring to the people who weren't carrying assault rifles when they were killed.

Here's a few where they're screaming ALLAH AHKBAR. Same guys who we were fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. Same guys who we backed in Libya.

... Muslims? In Syria? What a scoop!

The FSA is the EXACT SAME story as the NTC in Libya. Western media reports about innocent protesters and rebels fighting for liberty, but it is already proven that Arab Spring was sponsored by Western interests and the fact that the FSA is backed by NATO is under-reported.

The story about Assad killing innocent protesters wanting democracy is a farce. Sure, there probably were innocent people involved but they were just being played like pawns by geopolitical interests. The West has no problem sacrificing "protesters" in target countries if it means we can use resulting footage for our propaganda.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The US sent thousands and thousands of folks who just happen to look Arab to stir this up? Do you know how rediculously stupid and paranoid that sounds?????

Oh yeah-the US also has Asian looking clones in a basement somehwre to send to China to stir things up there too. Geez this site is so freaking dumb.

Originally posted by jcord
reply to post by popsmayhem

Syrians were fine with their government until the CIA sent in all of their operatives and foreign mercenaries to stir up rebellion. The Americans are the murderers, and Assad could not even approach their league. Now, go get that oil boys.

edit on 24-11-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

If ever i found myself in Syria ? I wouldn't need encouragement to leave. Just a plane ticket.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

why?

I imagine there'd be thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of ARABS willing to earn a few $1000 from uncle sam to go to syria and have some fun with their fists and rock throwing abilities.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, It's even dumber to warn American citizens to leave Syria NOW if there is a no fly zone! Long drive to Jordan and Lebanon!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The US sent thousands and thousands of folks who just happen to look Arab to stir this up? Do you know how rediculously stupid and paranoid that sounds?????

Oh yeah-the US also has Asian looking clones in a basement somehwre to send to China to stir things up there too. Geez this site is so freaking dumb.

What do you think CIA "military advisors" are? They are inserted into target territory with the mission of turning the local population against the target regime. In Afghanistan, the CIA literally handed over bundles of millions of dollars in American currency to warlords to enlist them. Similar things happened in Iraq. Literally, pallets of cash to whoever works for American interests.

The US doesn't need to have some army of Arab-looking people. That is rediculous. What they already have is money and that is enough to buy off elements within target countries.
edit on 25-11-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Turkey says ready to act with Arab League to stop Syria violence

Turkey Foreign Minister Davutoglu says Turkey ready to attend meeting of Arab League foreign ministers that could take place Sunday; also consulting EU, NATO and UN Security Council members over Syria action.

For now the Arab League is only talking about sanctions... But it seems Turkey wants more.

Arab League: Syria ignored deadline to allow observer mission into country (AP)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just noticed the 25th November is a new moon. Does this mean anything regarding Syria or Iran?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
The FSA is the EXACT SAME story as the NTC in Libya. Western media reports about innocent protesters and rebels fighting for liberty, but it is already proven that Arab Spring was sponsored by Western interests and the fact that the FSA is backed by NATO is under-reported.

FSA and other violent groups are the minority of the anti-Assad movement. The overwhelming majority is unarmed and peaceful.

If everyone in this video alone was out slotting loyalists with an AK, Assad would have been strung up long ago.

I wouldn't deny that certain countries support protests in other countries, but it isn't a Western hobby exclusively. Let's not forget that there have been plenty of protests in Western countries as well, do you not suppose that they have had some outside backing?

You support things if it is in your interests to support them. I don't see anything sinister about that. It's common sense, which would explain why everyone does it.

The story about Assad killing innocent protesters wanting democracy is a farce. Sure, there probably were innocent people involved but they were just being played like pawns by geopolitical interests.

They did want democracy and they were killed, so no it isn't a farce at all. Anything that can possibly be done is in someone's interests and that's not to say that they made you do it. That is unless you want to prove every single case individually.

The West has no problem sacrificing "protesters" in target countries if it means we can use resulting footage for our propaganda.

Is it the West's lack of military intervention that equates to them sacrificing protesters? Or are you saying that it is their fault that Syrian soldiers are shooting Syrian protesters? Uprising on this scale does not come about through foreign interests alone; the local population must have legitimate grievances and there must be a base of genuine opposition.

You can quite rightly think of it as foreigners fanning the flames, or sparking the uprising in the first place if you want to move further into tin-foil territory, but there must be something to catch light and to the extent that it stays lit.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

I agree. I think the US does have a hand in them. I am just not certain yet that Syria is the same case of insurgents armed by NATO that Libya was. If they are it will receive less scrutiny though because I don't know of any positives or legitimacy's sought by Assad like those sought by Ghaddafi. We sure aren't helping the people in Egypt where it is revolution by real people (as far as I can tell).

A few more countries will go this way, but when it's Pakistan and Iran's turn it wont work and we will be staring down the barrel of a much more volatile cold war against nations we have a huge cultural barrier with.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I say that most of the CIA infiltrators will be/currently are Syrian defectors.. probably already placed within high ranking positions of power within the Assas Regime itself to be able to mobilize a force within Syria to give enough time for foreign intervention tactical squads "attacking/holding" time for vital chokepoints and a SAM site no-fly zone.

but what do I know??

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Franz Ferdinand is about to raise himeself from the dead I think. Maybe tomorrow.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join