It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loyal Dog In China Refuses To Leave Owner's Grave, Goes Week Without Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Loyal Dog In China Refuses To Leave Owner's Grave, Goes Week Without Food

Lao Pan, an unmarried man without much family, found close companionship with his loyal dog. And even through tragedy, their steadfast bond lives on.

Pan lived in the Chinese village of Panjiatun, but died earlier this month at the age of 68. His furry friend was found by villagers at Pan's grave safeguarding the site according to BBC News. The loyal pup refused to leave even after going seven days without food.

Sky News reports that since noticing the dog, villagers have been bringing food and water to the gravesite, and are even planning to build a kennel there for the dog to sleep in.

If this is in the wrong forum, please move...

Heartbreaking video, a poignant reminder even animals can grieve.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
First time Ive ever shed a tear for a video

Very sorry for the animal and its lose and I wise for it a great life an after life.

ps: I want to get a animal but only one that I know Ill be able to care fore and nurture for.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
These type of stories are so sad. I think it shows that dogs have strong emotions similar to humans.

The dog's tail is wagging in the video, so I think thats a good sign.

I think they should have a child go sit with the dog and pet the dog and play with it daily for a while. I bet the dog would eventually go home with the him/her.

My daughter has a dog that is her "baby". If the dog won't go outside/come inside/get off the couch etc. for anyone else... it will do it for her.
Her dog will sit on the table all day long staring out the window crying and whining until my daughter finally comes home.
They would be lost without each other.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Have you ever seen the movie Hachi?

This story reminds me of that movie a lot.

In the movie, poor Hachi waits for his owner at the train station until the day he dies.

S&F
edit on 23-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I think you meant 'Hachiko'? It's linked from within the article;

Remember the Legend of Hachiko! Japan's Most Faithful Dog

Hachiko was given away after his master’s death, but he routinely escaped, returning again and again to his old home. Eventually, Hachiko apparently realized that Professor Ueno no longer lived at the house. So he went to look for his master at the train station where he had accompanied him so many times before. Each day, Hachiko waited for the return of his owner.

The permanent fixture at the train station that was Hachiko attracted the attention of other commuters. Many of the people who frequented the Shibuya train station had seen Hachiko and Professor Ueno together each day. They brought Hachiko treats and food to nourish him during his wait.

The dog returned to the train station to wait for his master for 10 years after his master's death. Now that's a faithful dog.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here is a list of other unfailingly faithful dogs including Greyfriar's Bobby:

www.mentalfloss.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by daryllyn

I think you meant 'Hachiko'? It's linked from within the article;

Remember the Legend of Hachiko! Japan's Most Faithful Dog

Hachiko was given away after his master’s death, but he routinely escaped, returning again and again to his old home. Eventually, Hachiko apparently realized that Professor Ueno no longer lived at the house. So he went to look for his master at the train station where he had accompanied him so many times before. Each day, Hachiko waited for the return of his owner.

The permanent fixture at the train station that was Hachiko attracted the attention of other commuters. Many of the people who frequented the Shibuya train station had seen Hachiko and Professor Ueno together each day. They brought Hachiko treats and food to nourish him during his wait.

The dog returned to the train station to wait for his master for 10 years after his master's death. Now that's a faithful dog.

[color=mediumorchid]That must be the dog that the movie I was referring to was based on (:

IMDB link

edit on 23-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

So many examples of this type of behavior from animals to their owners.

(Sad) Dog Refuses to Leave Murdered Owner's Body
I'd rather not embed the video because of the slightly graphic nature nut this is definitely one of the saddest...

Dog Stays Loyal to Deceased Owner Amid Brazil Flood

Leao, a medium-sized brown mutt, lies next to the grave of her owner, Cristina Maria Cesario Santana, who died in the catastrophic landslides caused by heavy rain. This AFP/Getty picture was taken on Saturday, the second consecutive day that the dog refused to leave the woman's grave at the cemetery in Teresopolis, near Rio de Janiero.

Loyal Dog Spends Week in Wilderness with Deceased Owner

Lucky the dog was found waiting patiently next to the body of Joseph Quen: he is being referred to as a hero and protector for never leaving his master’s side, long after Quen had died.

They even used the story of Hachiko as a backstory on Futurama, lol (one of their better episodes);

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I love dogs....they have beautiful souls.....their loyalty...even after their owner passes away.....shows that to them humans are truly family...and that they are missing us.

I hope and pray the animals left behind....are adopted into another good home.

Right now I am a cat owner....and I have made arrangements for my cat in my will.....should something happen to me.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I you-tube these vids until I'm a blubbering mess.....makes me feel like a human again.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Oh my, I couldn't watch the video, because just reading those short paragraphs in your post made me start to cry. It makes me wonder if they were soul mates of sorts. I remember reading somewhere that souls who are bonded in someways reincarnate together, so maybe their connection goes deeper than we can comprehend in this reality.

top topics

join