It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intense Feeling of Something Imminent

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Very optimistic. I enjoyed your post. Enjoy life. Stop worrying so much. Stop hating. Stop putting toxins in your body. Just enjoy reality :3

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Take it from the ground up, this is the last roundup
You can't win, and you can't break even
You can't be leavin' the game anyway
You've got to stay 'cause we came to play...

The highly underrated 1993 concept album "No World Order" written, produced and performed by Todd Rundgren may put your mind at ease. It's a pure gem. It comes in two flavors: "No World Order" and "No World Order Lite". Go and procure it right now. Go ahead. I'll wait. Now listen to it repeatedly.

Here's a sample:

Worldwide Epiphany
Written, Produced and Performed by Todd Rundgren
From "No World Order"

Worldwide epiphany
Worldwide epiphany, epiphany

Down in the lowlands to the top of the hill
Don't know what's comin', but we know that it will
Blind in Benares, deaf and dumb in LA
Hiding in Africa, but nobody gets away

Worldwide epiphany

Babies and bachelors, fishes, cabbages, and queens
Can't hear it comin', but we know what it means
Boats upon the ocean, every plane in the air
Never know just how or when, but we always know where

Worldwide epiphany

Take it from the ground up, this is the last roundup
You can't win, and you can't break even
You can't be leavin' the game anyway
You've got to stay 'cause we came to play

It's a new gene, a new wavelength, or maybe it's a virus
Put the fire in us and inspire us
To trust and lust for the good life
And all that is required of us

Turn to the headline news as if we had a right to choose
To have no views as the rocket's red glare pollutes the air,
And we swear that it can't happen here
And we'll never be there

We got the right to know, which means
We got the right to misunderstand
And slant the plan to help our hand and man
They call it a culture, but it sucks you in like quicksand

Killer bees finally make it to Tokyo
Juliet never made it with Romeo
But check out the video later
Terminator III's gonna preview the next fifty years or so

Give it up one more time for the king of soul
Let the good times roll, bring it on, bring it on
Dusk 'til dawn, the landlady's gone
Send the bill to the government, pack it in cement

Worldwide epiphany

www.stlyrics.com...

Info:
en.wikipedia.org...

- PS

It's almost time...

edit on 11/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

which city do you live in?

A small town in the SE Queensland region, Australia.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Sounds to me like you have so much negativity festering inside that people sense it and reject you. Noone wants to be around a negative nancy. Would you?

I've seen this many times in my life. I have a friend now.. I'll call her Sue, she doesn't understand why she doesn't have many friends and her life is miserable. When she was younger she was raped, she went thru an abusive marriage, she has a bad back.etc etc.. and the problem is, Sue just wants to bring this stuff up all the time, but never does one thing to try and help herself. Her bad times come up in every conversation, no matter how trivial, and it's obvious that she is stuck in victim mode. And being stuck in victim mode means she is completely self-absorbed and wrapped up in her own little negative world. Sue may wake up someday, but sadly at this point, she is too comfortable being miserable to ever try even the smallest baby steps to change her life for the better. Sue can keep waiting for God to intervene, or for some magical superhero to rescue her, or Sue can start taking responsibility for herself. But Sue doesn't want to do that. She wants to keep blaming others for her misfortunes.

When Sue allows me to finally speak (a rarity), I would give her positive suggestions and helpful advice that has worked for myself and others, and Sue would always respond "Yeah, I need to try that.", but she never would. After awhile, I had to distance myself from Sue.. you can't help people who truly don't want to be helped and listening to loads of negativity for hours in every conversation with a 'spiritual vampire' who will barely let you even get a positive word in edgewise is just not something I'm going to subject myself to. Sue is the kind of person who doesn't understand how to be a friend back, she is too self-absorbed and wanting to cry on someone's shoulder about her problems and blame life/others for her difficulties. I feel bad for her and I care for her, but I'm not going to keep showing up for pity parties. Sue needs to stop crying about her life and make some changes if she wants to be happy.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Agreed, you either get or you don't. What I find most frustrating at times is trying to get my family, friends, etc. to get it. It seems so obvious to me, people really have to start figuring it out, there is strength in numbers.

Yes it can be frustrating but you have to remember that there is no way you're going to change what someone else believes in or what someone else feels, or doesn't feel. If you want change, you have to be the change and hope that one or two people join you. I'm lucky enough to have a few friends who are like-minded. We have some real good conversations that's for sure. Others... not so much

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Very insightful. Ya its sad and annoying to deal w "Sue"s. The victim is a hard person to help. But once they hit rock bottom they will see that the world isnt against them and realise why nobody wants to be around them. Spiritual vampire haha imma tell my roomy that whwn she start whining about stuff

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

Originally posted by Griffo515

Originally posted by angellicview
It's different from suicidal thinking of "I want to kill myself". It's more like, "I want to get out of this body".

Look up Star Seeds

Peace

Brilliantly said, I can relate to that perfectly. People would often have a hard time talking to me once I mentioned or even insinuated a suicidal thought...the whole "you have so much to life for" line (although I know they meant well) could never stand against my reasoning for wanting out.

My wants always outweighed my needs.

Happens to me all the time, too! I don't verbalize it anymore. People don't get it. Spirit never dies. And mine is kicking and jumping and pleading to get outta this body

Your post reminded me of a clip I once saw in an old movie called THX1138

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by storm2012

A reason? If I could pick one from the basket, it would possibly be the monotony of this thing we call a mainstream life. I know this is part of my journey, and I control my mind, but the emotional distortion that comes with this body make day to day life extremely hard. I walk through a shopping center and all I see is paper thin people with transparent personalities, I see, hear and feel absolutely everything around me, and its overwhelmingly depressing.
Fortunately, I life rather close to some beautiful forestry I go to on occasions to meditate., I will learn these mantras and try them there. Thank you!

Did you watch the episodes of South Park where Stan becomes a cynic on his birthday. He felt a lot like you.

All I can tell you is that you have the power to rise above the madness of everyday life. But you have to want to do it. Learn to filter out the garbage. It will poison more than just your mind if you let it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I hope I can give some of you the strength to hold on and have faith within your soul.

I am going to make this as short as possible. Something is coming this way and I believe you feel it.......it will not be good but I will say it will not be as bad as thought such as a total ELE. In time it will be the way it was meant to be ...................don't give up it's coming...... look for the signs I wrote about you will know and always have faith in YOURSELF.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My coworker spoke of something similar two days ago. He mentioned of a big natural disaster type event feeling. We all feel something. Whether it be political change or Apocalyptic scenario coming our way, you must stay strong. Keep your head up OP. We are ALL in this together whether we know it or not.

Every city in the world always has a gang, a street gang, or the so-called outcasts.
Jimi Hendrix

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have felt this sense of something great coming for awhile now. I personally believe it is the arrival of "aliens" who will reveal themselves on a global scale. This will definitely cause a great change.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What medication do you take... Cannabis?

I hope your not on those mind destroying pharmaceuticals...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The world is moving at light speed now, and the people are deluged with information, Lie's can't be easily hidden any more, and people are being tried for their crimes and made to be held accountable. this 2012 thing, I don't think it's mystical or an awakening, it's simply the time that caught up with the velocity of the world, were all on the same page now, we know who's doing evil against out wishes and illegally, and these people will be held accountable soon, All their lavish living will end up a 6x9 cell soon. I won't think it's a 'feeling' I just think were seeing things come about and TPTB are loosing ground. Frankly with your medications and disorder, your 'feelings' could be drug related, swings between euphoria and depression, and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I have been struggling with the same sense of imminence for over a year now, at first I thought it was worries due to the stresses of work and life in general. But recently I can hardly continue my normal lifestyle for a impending sense of doom.

I have told my doctor about my stress. I have blurted out at a party in the midst of friends how stressed I was and could they not feel something on the horizon, luckily they all took it with a pinch of salt and forgot about it during the course of the evening.

Beware everyone, For something Wicked this way Comes.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I've been somewhat feeling this way for a while. As you say, like something is lingering on the mind but cannot pinpoint exactly what it is.

Quite a few nights i have felt really frustrated that i can't figure out something... even though i don't know of anything that would be causing this. Its more or less like someone is trying to tell me something, but i somehow don't understand.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

For years I have suffered from depression, through all the years of medication, therapy and changes in life style to maintain a psychological balance, it is this feeling that has kept my suicidal tendencies at bay.Now I know they are two extremes you may not ever hear the typical sufferer of a mental illness say, but with ought it, I could honestly say that I would not be here making this thread tonight.

If I were to explain it to somebody, it would be hard to put it into words with ought sounding completely out-landish, But as of late, I'm finding more and more people are describing the exact same 'feeling' I have had for so many years. I can't fully describe what 'it' is, but 'its' big...on a global scale, some grand change is imminent, and we're all involved...To me, its getting stronger. I can hardly sleep now because if it.
Before I begin force feeding myself more medication....please can anybody tell me if theyre having the same feeling?
Please only honest and serious replies only.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Griffo515 because: (no reason given)

I've been going through the same thing, ever since I was 15 years old. I'm 35 now, so...
And I was put on medication for over 15 years. Eventually I got so tired of not having any emotions, I stopped taking medication all together. I've been off medication for about 6 or 7 years, now. I fight suicidal thoughts every day, but the truth is, if I wanted to kill myself, no pills would stop me from doing that. And I would rather be able to feel emotions, than not...
And yes, I know what you mean. I have felt this "thing", too. But while before I wanted to "believe" that something was going to happen, now I find it nearly impossible to believe in anything. All I know is that the world is run by corrupt douchebags, the poor stay poor and the rich get richer, most people are shallow and selfish... and the world is a cesspit. We certainly NEED something to change, and for the better. But will it? I would like to say I believe that will happen. But I don't. I don't know what this feeling is. I could say, it's all in our mind. But I do see 11:11 a lot. And so do a lot of people. But 11-11-11 came and went, and nothing happened. So, there... that's what I expect. Nothing.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've been on here long enough to see these kind of posts be before anything of significance. I'm not doubting you felt 'something' but we all feel a lot going on inside the more we "open up" and clear out our negative beliefs. I've had these "feelings" in the past, and nothing has ever happened. And I've have felt 99% certain 'something' was going to happen.

I know now, don't let your feelings of negativity affect your perception of the world. Your body's trying to remove the friction between what you want and what the world is to you. it's trying lighten up. don't dwell on these feelings. let them go and learn from why you wanted to feel that way. it's an internal struggle you're trying to overcome. your unconscious fears are being released, and such feelings are the product of this phenomenon.

Ponder this. You're body's being filled with Love. It can get intense, but you'll feel right as rain soon enough if you let go of that which is holding you down.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Nice to hear there are more people like me. Unfortunately the depression is something we have to live with unless we numb ourselves with drugs or alcohol. I do believe some people can rise above it but in alot cases it's who we are and our minds have been programmed this way for a reason; ie our personal journey in life, through our eyes alone.

Alot of therapies suggest we can re-program how we react and think but i don't always agree with them. If you are a sensitive person i see this as a gift but the downside is the emotional pain we get as the bi-product.

Lets face it, the world as we know it can be a very inhospitable place full of inequality and suffering, some people have empathy for the underdogs and some people don't.

I went on a downer after watching certain police officers do their thing to the OWS protesters and especially when i hear other people say the non violent protesters deserve to be treated with such disrespect.

I agree with some of the people here that assume 'over anxiety' can be the reason that we are always on the lookout for something bad about to happen but i don't necessarily think the upcoming event we can feel on it's way is someting bad.

To be honest keeping up with the YU-55 and Elenin threads really had me thinking, what if it was all over tomorrow and instead of feeling fearful i felt a great sense of well being almost as if i had been released from all the worries this modern day life inflicts upon me.

My only worry is that TPTB could be part of this 'pending big event' and that just adds to my low moods. I,m therefore making a effort to think positively and hope that everyone on the planet wakes up or breaks free from the oppression in the not so distant future and this is that 'big event' that i anticipate. Of course it may happen differently and a huge solar storm, natural disaster or world war could be the catalyst to bring forth the changes humanity and this planet need.

Bring it on woot woot!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by judus
I feel it and have done for years.

I just can not see my future anymore if i try to look 10 years ahead its black I am scared. I think about it everyday the feeling that something bad is coming. My wife used to think I was nuts when I used to talk to her about it but in the last three months she has changed and also feels it she is a very logical thinker this is very out of the norm for her.

Geesh.....I can't stand it any longer. Promised myself I would read the entire 5 pages. So many wonderful posts already, but yours caught my heart.

I share those same feelings. Something evil this way comes! Glad I'm an old man now and in tune with my mortality.

God Bless you and yours.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
OP, I feel for your position, and I think we all feel depressed at times, especially if you're paying attention.

I think it's safe to assume from your presence here that you are paying a great deal of attention.

It is important to note that something big is always right around the corner, and our own personal apocalypse is too.

If it is a global tragedy, we can feel comfort for knowing we'll all go to the great beyond together. If nothing happens, worrying is a terrible waste of time.

Chances are, something between these extremes will occur in our lifetimes.

It is very easy to focus on that which makes us uneasy.

Try to remember WHY we brave all that.

A laugh with a friend, smile from a child, warm breezes, cool pillows, good food, good music. The small, everyday wonders, experiences that won't be duplicated.

If it comes, it comes, and you will be ready to go having lived to the fullest in the meantime.

Optimism is not an easy pursuit, but worthwhile, every single time. Peace to you, weary traveler.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join