It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intense Feeling of Something Imminent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The fact is, if people really "understand" and if people are really willing to reach out and help each other, then there wouldn't be so many who end up in mental institutions or end up killing themselves or end up living extraordinarily isolated lives in which they face nearly ever moment of their existence alone and by themselves.

It's easy for the sheeple to sit behind a computer screen, from the safety and comfort of their home, and profess to "understand" and act as if they're sharing some sort of mythical connection. Bull#!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
The fact is, if people really "understand" and if people are really willing to reach out and help each other, then there wouldn't be so many who end up in mental institutions or end up killing themselves or end up living extraordinarily isolated lives in which they face nearly ever moment of their existence alone and by themselves.

It's easy for the sheeple to sit behind a computer screen, from the safety and comfort of their home, and profess to "understand" and act as if they're sharing some sort of mythical connection. Bull#!

I think a lot of people really do understand and care and are williing to reach out to help each other... if given the right resources that is.

It makes perfect sense that people are willing to open-up from the "Safety" and comfort of their home. Face to face is difficult. I don't think it has anything to do with a mythical connection.

Actually... I can say that I don't understand. I have never suffered from a mental illness of any kind so no, I don't know what it is like to be depressed or anything of the kind. I would never claim to "understand".

But I'm human and I have the ability to be compassionate...

Why are you so angry?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
Why are you so angry?

"Angry" doesn't even come close to describing how I feel afte nearly 40 years of suffering with debilitating mental illness and witnessing the truth of how people really feel about me and treat me because of it. "Angry" isn't even in the same ballpark with my feelings on this.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
Why are you so angry?

"Angry" doesn't even come close to describing how I feel afte nearly 40 years of suffering with debilitating mental illness and witnessing the truth of how people really feel about me and treat me because of it. "Angry" isn't even in the same ballpark with my feelings on this.

40 years is a long time.
I get it... you're beyond angry.
But you didn't answer my question.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I feel it, too. And I don't have any mental illnesses, hehe that I know of.
What I'm feeling isn't anxiety. I'm not worried at all. I feel like I personally will be okay.
But I do feel as if something huge is coming.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

You need to stop the hate. Sounds like u harbor resentment towards others. You ever stop and think maybe you r causing negative reactions in people? I dont like being around negative people. I am sensitive to peoples moods and it drains my energy being around toxic people. And i have suffered from depression and it really sucks. I hit rock bottom and chose to end it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Agreed, you either get or you don't. What I find most frustrating at times is trying to get my family, friends, etc. to get it. It seems so obvious to me, people really have to start figuring it out, there is strength in numbers.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I feel it, too. And I don't have any mental illnesses, hehe that I know of.
What I'm feeling isn't anxiety. I'm not worried at all. I feel like I personally will be okay.
But I do feel as if something huge is coming.

Me too, I just want this shoe to drop so i can start rebuilding. What i feel is sadness coming and its driving me crazy. Its so close. I say we have months before total collapse of society

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Some people are to self centered to help others. I know that " I understand" is the last thing anyone wants to hear, because unless you walked in someones shoes from the time of their entry into this world until the current they have absolutley no idea what you as an individual has gone through. Here is what should at least make you smile, when "it" happens, whatever "it" is, those people, the hypocrites, who have criticized you and everyone else, the same people who said "Hey your crazy", they are going to turn to all of us "crazies" because they have no earthly idea how to deal with what is coming. That my friend will be a shining moment for all of us crazy people.

PLPL

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't wish to negate your feelings, or treat them as trivial.

They never are.

But they ARE feelings, not established fact.

The historical long view is that things have changed very little for a very long time.

The scientific view is that change is both possible and likely.

and we sit between.

As we have no control over the larger forces that shape our destiny, sometimes you have to just hold on and enjoy the roller coaster.

It can either be a terror or a thrill.

The way you want it is the way you'll see it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Every time I get that feeling I quit all caffeine and it's gone when I wake up the day after next. A pot and a half over 3 hours tends to cause problems.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Just today actually, I was walking, and all of a sudden, the world started looking different. It was really hard to explain. All I said to myself was, oh here we go again with the reality shifts. I was completely sober mind you.

Whoever said it comes in waves is definitely spot on. There are surges of energy on certain days and sometimes it seems to affect everyone.

Anyway, there is no reason to be afraid of the changes that will be happening soon. Just go with it and remember to have fun. Right now I have my earphones in listening to awesome music.

Enjoy your reality.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthropormorphic
reply to post by Griffo515

Just curious, and you don't have to answer of course,it's your personal business if you don't want to and I completely understand if that is the case....Can I ask? Has your doctor ever had you on Ativan or Klonopin? I'm assuming you've been on one or more SSRI's? Did you stop taking them of your own accord?

I'm currently on Mirtazapine 30mg per night, ive had a hand full of SSRI's all with negative side effects...like zoloft gave me lockjaw and caused me to have a tooth removed, that happens to around 5% of the pop, my luck hey

It never ceases to amaze me at all the sheep who rush forth online to tell a depressed person "you're not alone." Bull#. These are the same people who, in real life, will avoid you like the plague. When you're depressed; when you're hurting and lost and confused; when you're frustrated and unstable and need a real friend the most... you will have no choice but to somehow suffer through it on your own. I've been dealing with this throughout my life, and I know how it works. Mental illness carries this weird illusion of being somehow acceptable online, and many are quick to say they "understand," and they'll reach out with the usual "you aren't alone" crap. In real life, people are freaked the hell out by those with depression, social phobia, bipolar, etc. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Quite the contrary, I have always found these kinds of people to be more helpful and willing to listen, and quite frankly their message appears to be more consistent at times, my psychologist has a somewhat spiritual aspect of her personality and is always amused at how a head strong introvert can agree with her on so many levels.

reply to post by jcord

Brilliant vote of confidence there Jcord...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I love this thread and I am enjoying the replies.

My perception of what the OP is trying to say seems to me to be kind of like the way I feel. I was diagnosed with clinical depression 11 years ago and I have been on antidepressants ever since. Now, I wish I had never taken them as my body is addicted to them and I really don't feel I need them.

I think the anxiousness of waiting for that something wonderful that many of us are feeling that we are so near, and yet just out of our reach may be the type of "anxiety" we are talking about here.

And, correct me if I'm wrong OP, but is it like you are so SICK of this silly world we live in, where we KNOW we are capable of so much more but certain individuals are holding us back. It's different from suicidal thinking of "I want to kill myself". It's more like, "I want to get out of this body".

Look up Star Seeds

Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
It's different from suicidal thinking of "I want to kill myself". It's more like, "I want to get out of this body".

Look up Star Seeds

Peace

Brilliantly said, I can relate to that perfectly. People would often have a hard time talking to me once I mentioned or even insinuated a suicidal thought...the whole "you have so much to life for" line (although I know they meant well) could never stand against my reasoning for wanting out.

My wants always outweighed my needs.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

Originally posted by angellicview
It's different from suicidal thinking of "I want to kill myself". It's more like, "I want to get out of this body".

Look up Star Seeds

Peace

Brilliantly said, I can relate to that perfectly. People would often have a hard time talking to me once I mentioned or even insinuated a suicidal thought...the whole "you have so much to life for" line (although I know they meant well) could never stand against my reasoning for wanting out.

My wants always outweighed my needs.

Happens to me all the time, too! I don't verbalize it anymore. People don't get it. Spirit never dies. And mine is kicking and jumping and pleading to get outta this body

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have told some people about what my sis said to me just lately. She has NEVER been wrong. I myself had dreams of wierd things, but none come true. This intense feeling of being dragged down alot. I take only my usual heart pills, thats it and today my back is bothering me intensily, so i took a pain pill. I feel heavy inside, dragged down and things seem slow, but yet the day goes by so fast. I have been sleepy alot. Maybe it is because of winter here now, i don't know. I don't feel depressed, just physically dragged down. Slow like.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.

No but really I think people have been hoping and 'feeling' that times would be a'changin' really soon, ever since the beginning of time. Things will keep on keepin' on, and all we can do is live our lives like the expendable pawns we are. Make the best of what you can, but there will be no earthshattering changes in the near future. People come out all the time saying, 'I just feel it, we're in for a ride.' Blah, blah, blah.

That's not to say I wouldn't want there to be some sort of event that rips the fabric and foundation of everything we all know. I would love that. I want some freakin' excitement. I want to see the ground give way. It's just not happening.

The last ten years or so, some of the more religious of my family have been talking about how we're living in the times of 'Revelations'. I don't believe any of that mumbo jumbo, but I've come to a realization. People want something to happen. Some just plain count on it. Ever since man has been around, man has looked to the end of time. I think those are the ones that are unhappy with the current state of their lives, and want a nice big tidal wave to wash away the mundane existence they endure. I'm kind of like that. I don't get much joy out of what I do, and would not be opposed to a great shift in consciousness or whatever it is people 'feel' will be happening soon.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

which city do you live in?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think so many people are indoctrinated with artificial ideas on how they are suppose to feel thru the media, or whatever other propaganda machine in action, that when people actually feel for themselves it is OMG something is about, to happen because it feels so native...

Many years will continue to occur, the same way you look at them until you decide, to say I do not want to live this way any longer...

Until then... I will pull this thread back up in 2020...

I promise... If I can remember..

edit on 22-11-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join