It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intense Feeling of Something Imminent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthropormorphic

people fall in depression all the time, either for love, someone passed away, something bothering them. Everyone goes through it. But when someone gets caught in depression and lets it take over their life, than its a problem for that person. Depression is never an illness of any kind, its the feeling you create and there are ways you can get rid of it. I have been in depression too, but it didn't last to long, it was taking over my life, but you know what I faced it and not let it bother me. I would understand you will need medical attention for something like cancer or a tumor because its affecting your body from inside, you cant let it heal on its own. Depression is caused by feelings that even you or me don't understand, but the person who is depressed can only know and they are the one who can actually get rid of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
OP, consider this:

You are living at the key time, in the whole history of the human race.

RIGHT NOW, is the time and day and moment, all our ancestors wanted, but could not have. We have total open globo-communications, which they could never have dreamed. This is the greatest time to be alive, and anyone who is alive, is one lucky SOB to be here and now, to see this time go down.

In mid 1995 we got the IP network, and at that moment, it was the deathknell for the thousands of years prior.

This is the time, OP. Just eat some cereal, chill out, try to do some good work, and be patient. You have been born into the great show of human history, and its right now.

The 80s were cool, I must say, but they were simply pre-loading the age of the Internet, which age is now reaching escape velocity.

The old ways have no traction anymore, the meek will indeed inherit the Earth. But how will the meek have a voice? Frankly, one need not say anything, but sit down on the ground, and offer non-consent. That is how the meek, speak. Non consent.

So sit quietly or talk to friends and loved ones, or sustain your thread here. Just let your heart rejoice that you got born, to witness this greatest time of Earth's human history. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

people fall in depression all the time, either for love, someone passed away, something bothering them. Everyone goes through it. But when someone gets caught in depression and lets it take over their life, than its a problem for that person. Depression is never an illness of any kind, its the feeling you create and there are ways you can get rid of it. I have been in depression too, but it didn't last to long, it was taking over my life, but you know what I faced it and not let it bother me. I would understand you will need medical attention for something like cancer or a tumor because its affecting your body from inside, you cant let it heal on its own. Depression is caused by feelings that even you or me don't understand, but the person who is depressed can only know and they are the one who can actually get rid of it.

There is a big difference between being depressed and having clinical depression.
I know you mean well, but It would probably behove you to learn the difference.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthropormorphic

From my knowledge, I would like to tell you is everyone in this life faces some sort of adventure. It could be fun or for some it can be harmful, it all depends in your past life karma. Depression is something you can personally can get rid of, its you who control your mind, nobody else.

Your knowledge is wrong, and not only is it wrong, it's irresponsible. I cannot imagine what the world would be like if other medical conditions were as stigmatized or trivialized as mental illnesses.

To suggest that someone with clinical depression not only caused their own illness, but can also "think it away", is rediculous. Clinical Depression is serious and it can no more be controlled with "mind control" than a brain tumor or colon cancer.

i suppose you are not aware of the placebo effect?
look it up as it seems your "science" is outdated

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

Precisely! That is exactly what has kept me going all these years, we are truly blessed to have a front row seat in this key moment in human history. Ive always had that thought behind the emotion "don't give up, its almost here...." I know i'm waiting for it, I need to experience this.
Thank you.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

From my knowledge, I would like to tell you is everyone in this life faces some sort of adventure. It could be fun or for some it can be harmful, it all depends in your past life karma. Depression is something you can personally can get rid of, its you who control your mind, nobody else.

Your knowledge is wrong, and not only is it wrong, it's irresponsible. I cannot imagine what the world would be like if other medical conditions were as stigmatized or trivialized as mental illnesses.

To suggest that someone with clinical depression not only caused their own illness, but can also "think it away", is rediculous. Clinical Depression is serious and it can no more be controlled with "mind control" than a brain tumor or colon cancer.

Just to inform you though, medication because of depression is rare in Asian countries. There are a lot of ways to deal with depression without taking medications.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Yes, I noticed you placed this on the paranormal forum. To believe this is anything other than anxiety, is simply magical thinking. Wanting to believe it is something else, when it's clearly anxiety.

Not to say there are not valid reasons to be anxious and have these feelings from time to time. There are often valid reasons. ATS doesn't help, and neither do the news and TV shows. Everytime I watch that show "I survived", I have a tendency to become anxious, and think somebody is going to kidnap me and do terrible things. Create distractions away from it; do something that calms you. Pets, a hobby, a sit-com. Whatev.

Also, I don't mean to imply that I think you have an anxiety disorder. One can have anxiety without a disorder.
Many people have periods of intense anxiety, and usually there is a reason for it. When it is intense, chronic, and without causation, it becomes a disorder.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
For years I have suffered from depression, through all the years of medication, therapy and changes in life style to maintain a psychological balance, it is this feeling that has kept my suicidal tendencies at bay.

Griffo ( and the others who "scolded" me for my comment)...

You have been depressed for years, and you have suicidal tendencies. You, ( and the others who scolded me) do realise that being depressed for years and having thoughts of suicide are the textbook markers of clinical depression right?

When you're depressed for years, and have "suicida tendencies" you're not someone who can just "buck up" or get out in the sunshine and walk, or "think good thoughts". The type of depression YOU describe is clinical depression and it is an illness, not a touch of seasonal or situational ( my mom died, I can't pay my bills) depression.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Just to inform you though, medication because of depression is rare in Asian countries. There are a lot of ways to deal with depression without taking medications.

Actually "diagnosed" depression might be rare, but suicide rates in Asia are astronomical. The reason for this is that depression in Asia carries a HEAVY stigma. Depression is considered a weakness. Most of the time people don't even admit to it, or discuss it. You either "think your way out of it" or you end up taking your own life, what it equals is an archaic attitude towards mental illness and an extremely high suicide rate.

I think that people talking about depression here, are throwing around their personal ideas of what depression is. I have been speaking SPECIFICALLY to the OP's description of his depression and what he described is clinical depression which involves chemicals in the brain, on top of emotional aspects.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Anthropormorphic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Fao Op
Do not feel that you are alone in feeling that something larger than anything is about to happen..
I honestly believe we are on the cusp of something so big it will be lifechanging.. The poster who said it is coming in waves is spot on just roll with it..
I think there are many that feel it also.. For me personally its my 6 month anniversary..
Exactly 6 months to the day the same day that guy predicted the end of the world at 7.30 mp gmt time everything changed.. It was like someone had switched a microphone on inside my head, I can now hear tones,music,vibrations, people talking,children laughing, but nothing that can be very close to us at the moment but its getting louder and louder with each passing second..
The frustrating thing is having to be patient and wait to see what happens..
I hope its as breathtaking as believe it to be.. I have heard it will be so mindblowing you will literally have to remember to breath..
Just remember OP we all volenteered to be here at the momentous time so like the other guy said chill out relax do what makes you happy it will happen when it happens and not before..
I do wish i had looked at the timetable and knew the exact date mind..
Love and best wishes to all
Respect
Plazmuh

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

For years I have suffered from depression, through all the years of medication, therapy and changes in life style to maintain a psychological balance, it is this feeling that has kept my suicidal tendencies at bay.

Griffo ( and the others who "scolded" me for my comment)...

You have been depressed for years, and you have suicidal tendencies. You, ( and the others who scolded me) do realise that being depressed for years and having thoughts of suicide are the textbook markers of clinical depression right?

When you're depressed for years, and have "suicida tendencies" you're not someone who can just "buck up" or get out in the sunshine and walk, or "think good thoughts". The type of depression YOU describe is clinical depression and it is an illness, not a touch of seasonal or situational ( my mom died, I can't pay my bills) depression.

Excuse me? Please quote me where I "scolded you" for I did no such thing, Ive valued your reply just as much as everyone else...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You’re just sitting there watching TV or typing away at the computer, just normal everyday stuff and all of a sudden you feel this sensation run through your body, almost like a low voltage of some sort,
It’s like you’re at the tip of the rollercoaster just before it goes downwards.

Well that’s the best way I can describe it, you know something is going to happen or something is happening you just don’t know what it is.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

There is a big difference between being depressed and having clinical depression. I know you mean well, but It would probably behove you to learn the difference.

I agree with you there is a big difference, but where does clinical depression began with, just a depression, clinical depression is just depression getting worse and taking over your life, why because it takes over it. Yes it does become hard for that person to get over it, but taking drugs such as medication will not get rid of it, it will probably only make it worse, why because your putting drugs in the body. Depression can be or maybe be lowered by meditation, but sometimes i believe its all in just the head. Imagine the word depression don't exist and live the life without it. when someone makes something in existence , it stays with them. You create your own taught's and you create your own life. You can definitely change it also. just be strong and fight it off, only you can get rid of it. Good luck and Take care
edit on 21-11-2011 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

There is a big difference between being depressed and having clinical depression.

I do mean well, and I'm basing my words on your description of your long running depression ( anything over 6 months is considered clinical) and your suicidal tendencies (again clinical..among other things).

It sounds like it might behoove you to learn the difference, though it sounds like you've been diagnosed, in which case it might behoove you to accept the difference. There is no shame in it. That's my point.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

that was the best post i have read in a long time, brilliant, you got it spot on, i was having trouble trying to describe it , but you nailed it. x x x

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I do mean well, and I'm basing my words on your description of your long running depression ( anything over 6 months is considered clinical) and your suicidal tendencies (again clinical..among other things).

It sounds like it might behoove you to learn the difference, though it sounds like you've been diagnosed, in which case it might behoove you to accept the difference. There is no shame in it. That's my point.

You're reading the quote wrong my friend, I was quoting Storm2012 (not you) who was replying to what you said.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Griffo515 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Perhaps its your use of POT that is the underlying reason for your depression.

Most pot users will insist that the pot helps the anxiety and depression, while the truth of the pharmacology is that it causes depression and anxiety.

Stop hiding behind the joint, and perhaps your overwhelming fear and paranoia will subside.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I see that. My apologies on that one.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Just curious, and you don't have to answer of course,it's your personal business if you don't want to and I completely understand if that is the case....Can I ask? Has your doctor ever had you on Ativan or Klonopin? I'm assuming you've been on one or more SSRI's? Did you stop taking them of your own accord?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The more you tell people that, the more they believe it.

Think about the effects on a kid when they are surrounded by people who tell them they are "stupid" before they even know what stupid means?

That doesn't mean the condition and the effects aren't serious... but you are actually helping perpetuate the situation (and the propaganda which has helped increase the rate of depression... for profit).

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join