It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intense Feeling of Something Imminent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wanted to add, I was diagnosed with manic depression (what we call bipolarism now) as a teenager. I imagine I was born with it as I had it throughout childhood and well into adulthood. I was 'searching' and fell into all the religion and new age crap to cure me of my ills, but I never let my brains fall out, and eventually I saw that crap for what it was.. illusions and fantasy that only made me more confused and unhappy. Eventually I decided to try my own way of battling it and got off the pills (which are poison as far as I'm concerned). I changed my diet, started exercising, using meditation and affirmations (and I completely avoided seeing it as spiritual hoopla, but instead seeing it as a way of programming the mind like a computer), and I changed my lifestyle completely. I started going outdoors more and getting more sunlight in my life. Got rid of the miserable people I'd surrounded myself with. I gave myself what I call a 'life enema' and I BEAT IT. Yes, I still get down.. but it's a normal down now, none of the massive social fear and panic episodes I used to experience. I don't care what anyone says... you don't need pills or expensive therapy sessions to beat manic depression/bipolarism. You have to be willing to change your life around completely around, and it isn't easy. It's hard work. We suppress ourselves as human beings... we aren't willing a lot of the times to do what is necessary to be happy or to do what we need to be healthy, mentally and physically. Until you're willing to do the work those pills the doctors gave you will never cure a damn thing. And hey, for some people God works, or spirituality, whatever floats your boat. This is why I advocate believing whatever you need to feel right in your life, but none of that stuff worked for me, and in my own observations, I don't think it really works for a lot of other people either, but some people are like alcoholics with that stuff, and you can't make them see it if they don't want to.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
To help you sleep you could try listening to some Gregorian monks chanting, I’m not religious at all, but I find it soothing and great to meditate with.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Eventually I decided to try my own way of battling it and got off the pills (which are poison as far as I'm concerned). I changed my diet, started exercising, using meditation and affirmations (and I completely avoided seeing it as spiritual hoopla, but instead seeing it as a way of programming the mind like a computer), and I changed my lifestyle completely.

Thank you man, that supports my answer !!! you are 100% right , battling it by your own self.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Today when somethings happens to a person, they get scared, and they go where, the doctors. The doctors are not God people , they just provide you drugs(poison) to your own body. Have you even heard about a doctor in ancient times? NO. NO Doctors or medications like we have today existed back in the past. Everything was either cured by natural process or from their own energy.
edit on 21-11-2011 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012
Today when somethings happens to a person, they get scared, and they go where, the doctors. The doctors are not God people , they just provide you drugs(poison) to your own body. Have you even heard about a doctor in ancient times? NO. NO Doctors or medications like we have today existed back in the past. Everything was either cured by natural process or from their own energy.
edit on 21-11-2011 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

Sorry Storm, doctors HAVE always existed. Pre-Incan civilization used brain surgery as early as 2,000 B.C.. Egyptian doctors were doing successful brain surgeries in 7,000 BC. And believe it or not, science and medicine has gotten better since then....wowza!

Doctors are not gods. medication is certainly not always the way, but to eschew medicine is NOT the answer in all, or even close to all situations.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Please listen to the words of the below video. There is no subliminal messaging within it. The speech and music are distorted in order to give it a dream like essence. Listen past that and try to understand the message.

I too dealt with a very long bout with depression, diagnosed even, but I refused to accept medication. I walked around in a sense of sadness and sorry for what I saw around me. I saw everyone I walked past as zombies. Not in the literal sense of reanimated dead people, but people walking around stuck in the mundane wrapped universe of themselves. I saw them as asleep to the real world with their reality tv, newest fashions, and competing with their neighbors for the newest,best and most expensive new gadgets.

My depression was centered on my empathy for the direction the Human race was continuing to go. It took a long time of looking at my triggers to boil it down to the point where I understood it was my empathy that caused my depression. The taking on of the sadness and feeling of being lost within society upon myself as if it were my own.

I used to believe, like other posters in this thread, that because I was clinically depressed and refused to take medication(I hate big pharm) I would remain in this state or finally give into the suicidal tendencies, but there are ways of overcoming them. Like I said before, I began to see my triggers were caused by my empathy of those around me and the state of the world in general. I found that by removing myself from these emotions and looked at my own I still found sadness and this is where I started.

I was not going to feel the feelings of others because they were theirs not mine. I began looking at the world in a new light. Those close to me began to see me as cold and detached and/or selfish, and maybe I was, but by taking the time to find myself through meditation and my own experiences. I found myself within a state of joy for being alive. Once I found this state, I again shifted to the world and its seemingly chaotic emotions or lack there of, but this time I saw it as an observer, detached from the hive if you will. I still saw the population as asleep and my compassionate side became apparent to me. I realized the difference between accepting the emotions of others onto myself and feeling my own emotions with compassion for others.

It was then I found this video and it helped me to see things a little better, I hope it does the same for you. I have sense gone in and was reevaluated and was given a clean bill of mental health. So to those who say you can't do it on your own or you can't do it with your mind, Please think twice, if I can do it chances are so can you. The mind is a powerful thing when you take the time to get to know it and use it. Anyway, here is that video...

edit on 21-11-2011 by Agarta because: spelling errors

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

I am a fellow traveler on the path you walk, I have multiple axis diagnosis with my B-P, thankfully, none of them psychotic or delusional or debilitating, medicated or not... I am a major depressive, even on meds. This "feeling" you have is being felt by so many people from all walks of life... young, old, stable, unstable, some are a fleeting moment, some completely are consuming most into fight or flight mode...all I can say is be aware of your surroundings, where and who you are with, have a plan because the "feeling" is an alert system of sorts that something is not right... I have had it all my life, and was sorry when I didn't "follow my gut"

for the past few years, mine has ebbed and flowed, but now is a constant entity, it never leaves, just rises and falls like the tide.... what I have found to be helpful is prepared myself for the worse... even if nothing happens... I have a plan for my family, and prepared for almost anything... but I go on with life not letting the "feeling" consume me even when It drives me to near tears. I hope this helps, If I can do more let me know.

Merry Meet, and Merry Meet again,

Blessed Be!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I can relate to what you are feeling. I am not sure what, but something is coming. I have always been one to think outside of the box, and most people who know me, think I can be a bit extreme at times. But recently those very people are asking me questions, they are having these very same feelings. Notice how even media coverage has picked up on the doomsday scenarios. Granted the media does in fact report on things for profit and a larger audiance, but they are also reporting what the people want to hear or learn about. These types of incidents are more frequent then not which leads me to believe that this is more then a mere coincidence.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Simply stated, I have never been depressed. I have always felt it. All my life.
If I had to describe it, I would have to say it depends on the person... for some I suppose it will be terribly scary. For others, not so much... maybe more of an ah-ha moment...

All I can really say about it is it's time to pick a side.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Could not agree more.
It is definetley time to pick a side.

PLPL

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, something very big and important is imminent. Santa Claus is coming to town. So you better watch out and behave yourself.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Could not agree more.
It is definetley time to pick a side.

PLPL

And that's the great thing about it.
You either get it or you don't

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I feel it brother .... normally when I feel like this it is because I have arranged something to happen or I know something will be happening ... but for the last few weeks I have had that feeling but there is nothing on the horizon ... it has me confused, worried and perhaps excited ... it has lead me here to ATS ... I joined yesterday ... perhaps there are answers here .... thats why Im here .... perhaps only time will tell ....

Good luck to you my friend ...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
OP latley ive had a feeling of extreme, kind of, anxiety. Not the worrisome or fearful part kinda an unease. I feel like im going to explode at times. Ill be literally doing nothing with no plans but ill get this feeling i just want to get up and run around I have such a build up inside. It feels like an enormous event is coming up soon, but idk what it is.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me at all the sheep who rush forth online to tell a depressed person "you're not alone." Bull#. These are the same people who, in real life, will avoid you like the plague. When you're depressed; when you're hurting and lost and confused; when you're frustrated and unstable and need a real friend the most... you will have no choice but to somehow suffer through it on your own. I've been dealing with this throughout my life, and I know how it works. Mental illness carries this weird illusion of being somehow acceptable online, and many are quick to say they "understand," and they'll reach out with the usual "you aren't alone" crap. In real life, people are freaked the hell out by those with depression, social phobia, bipolar, etc. The hypocrisy is astounding.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

I feel something big is coming. But i am like a kid on xmas eve. I havent felt excitement/anticipation like this for years. It will be something good. Learn to ignore fear, it clouds the mind's eye.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is coming and you will not like it. Watch the sky.

Originally posted by Griffo515
For years I have suffered from depression, through all the years of medication, therapy and changes in life style to maintain a psychological balance, it is this feeling that has kept my suicidal tendencies at bay.Now I know they are two extremes you may not ever hear the typical sufferer of a mental illness say, but with ought it, I could honestly say that I would not be here making this thread tonight.

If I were to explain it to somebody, it would be hard to put it into words with ought sounding completely out-landish, But as of late, I'm finding more and more people are describing the exact same 'feeling' I have had for so many years. I can't fully describe what 'it' is, but 'its' big...on a global scale, some grand change is imminent, and we're all involved...To me, its getting stronger. I can hardly sleep now because if it.
Before I begin force feeding myself more medication....please can anybody tell me if theyre having the same feeling?
Please only honest and serious replies only.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Griffo515 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
It never ceases to amaze me at all the sheep who rush forth online to tell a depressed person "you're not alone." Bull#. These are the same people who, in real life, will avoid you like the plague. When you're depressed; when you're hurting and lost and confused; when you're frustrated and unstable and need a real friend the most... you will have no choice but to somehow suffer through it on your own. I've been dealing with this throughout my life, and I know how it works. Mental illness carries this weird illusion of being somehow acceptable online, and many are quick to say they "understand," and they'll reach out with the usual "you aren't alone" crap. In real life, people are freaked the hell out by those with depression, social phobia, bipolar, etc. The hypocrisy is astounding.

sheep or just people with similar feelings who took the time to reply? If people avoid you like the plague perhaps this says more about you than the illness

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly

I'm sorry you didn't have anyone around in real-life to support you through the bad times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join