It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology. Is there something were not seeing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
L. Ron Hubbard was a fraud and a drug addict! Scientology is like every other religion, or tax free entity. They want your money. Celebrities make a whole lot more money than the common man or woman, so they actively recruit the wealthy. No big mystery here. Religion is what creates all the wars on this earth!!! Get it, religion=war.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

I thinks its just what it appears to be. A Con started by a well know confidence man, now used to bilk millions if not billions from mentally ill celebrities and wealthy people.

Bare Faced Messiah

You should read this in its entirety. Much of the information came from Hubbard's family who also think it's a scam.

Also look up some video's of them bullying people and trying to gaslight them. There are also copies of their price lists around. Costs lots of money to have them brainwash you and use you to enrich the confidence persons at the top. The leaders know its a scam.

Lots and lots of threads around here.
edit on 11/21/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

No, not the same thing. CEOs don't get blamed for a rapist in lower management. And the Church is not getting destroyed. Problems with a worker's private life are not the concerns of the CEO. He just fires them. Only think the church is guilty of is having a high retention rate, and they shouldn't.
No of course not. But if they didn’t do anything about it and paid of the victims so that people didn’t hear about it, then the CEO would be sacked. The church has a culture of abuse because people know they can get away with it.

Fallacy. You use one religion to blame all.
All religions stockpile money, land and assets. List one that doesn’t and actually uses all of its money for good.

Crimes against humanity? There is no one innocent. When you buy a coffee you kill a Columbian, when you buy a towel, you kill a young Asian child. When you buy a computer, you kill an Indian. If you desire punishment, do it to yourself first.
Yes, centuries of crimes against humanity for the old school religions and you only need to look in the news to see the crimes of modern religions. Of course no one is innocent but not everyone claims legal immunity because they are 'spiritual'. Not everyone exploits emotionally unsecure people for monetary gain.
Your right materialism does have effects, and who do you think helps enforce that system? If you look back in history you will see the vatican has had a big hand in the disgusting system we live in today.
You may not see it but the vatican actually enforces the system still, and billions live in poverty because of it.

you buy your way up a hierarchy. No other mainstream religion does this.
How do you know? I’m sure there are millions of backdoor deals in the vatican, I'm sure the choosing of the pope isn’t free either.
Anyway, I think having to buy your way up is a lot more humane then having to give your emotional stability.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

I think you're confusing religion and faith my friend. Religion is irrelevant in most ways. Faith and the search for Gnosis are all that really matters.

Veritas Vos Liberat

Rev

True. I usually do try and highlight the difference between the two but guess I wasnt thinking. Atleast you knew what I meant.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

They want the money in order to fund their own Space Program. The celebrities help raise those funds and will be the first to participate in the program depending on how much they raise and contribute themselves. Plus, it's good PR to have them inside the club. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure if many people know about this. There has been a long ongoing battle between Anonymous and Scientology. Scientology also has been accused of brainwashing it's new inductees and using threats if a member tries to leave the cult like religion.

I will post a few videos to support the above statements.

Brief introduction to Scientology

Scientology exposed

Message to Scientology from Anonyous

Response to Anonymous

Organized protests against Scientology

Anonymous response to Scientology
it starts getting pretty silly

Let's hear what Will Smith has to say ..... this is a joke video

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

Just because they're both wrong does not make it right! To me, it's my own business what I choose to believe. I'm offended by those who try to impose their religious ideas onto me. I'm politically incorrect (a nazi term) and proud to be an independent thinker! I bet you are too!
Yes, but you can understand my anger when people abuse scientologists but accept Christians.
Of course it’s your business. But key word there would be 'business'. There’s plenty of money to be made on your possibly unstable emotional mind.
Its not politically incorrect, it just wouldn’t get a politician votes if they said it

Yes, very proud to think for myself. How I wish all these religious sheep had the power to do that.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I see you have not done much reading here. The Christians are under constant assault. Hate does not even begin to describe the posts here attacking Christians, in fact the Christian haters are one of the most vocal, fanatical groups of people. Not to mention you took the whole thread off topic due to your own hatred.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Rude that. The extremes are quite opposite in many vital areas. Scientology, like Zeitgeist, is perportedly designed as a rooted social experiment, instituted to assess people's reactions to an ideological movement. Who knows what they can learn from such a microcosm or it's promotion? Meanwhile, it's still free speech and freedom of religion to practice it. The only part that actually mirrors are trestises on moral philosophy, which could be said to be an upbuilding part of any religion.
Not rude at all, simply fact. If you compared them without emotion you would see they are all one in the same. Scientology is not a social experiment, it works on a centuries old business structure called religion. People have known for ages how easy it is to brainwash people and get all their money.
Of course its free speech, why shouldn’t it be?
All parts of scientology mirror other religions. Its more direct in its methods but does exactly the same job.

Zeitgeist, Scientology, Islam, Satanism, Judaism, Christianity, and Theosophy are "pretty much all the same" then? I guess sub-differences such as LeVey, Symbolic, Luciferianism, or Palladists among Satanists qualify as nothing "diverse', and are "pretty much the same" as Protestants, Catholics, Lutherians, Baptists, and Christian Mystics, so there is no sense worrying about it beyond the label of religion. Thanks for clearing that one up! The new testament is one of the world's best preserved historical texts. The evolving canon law of the church has been around for centuries longer than most peoples family trees, and it's quite clear what books were omitted from the bible and what was retained. You can translate back to the original Hebrew and Greek languages in case there is the slightest doubt as to what the original's spoke of.
By zeitgeist are you talking about the movie? How is that a religion?
Yes anyone who believes in a god is the same, although people like Satanists deserve respect for going against the pressures of society; unlike mainstreamers who just do what people tell them.
The new testament is not a historical text, just because it speaks of geological locations doesn’t make it factual.
I could say today that the red panda ate lunch in Bangkok; 2000 years down the track, does the fact that Bangkok use to exist mean that the red panda ate lunch there?
All the age of the bible proves is that people have for a long time realised the weaknesses of the human psychology.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Please I do plenty of reading on the topic. I know Christians are under constant assault, and rightly so; any idea that has such control over society should be scrutinized. But the problem I have is when theists bash scientologists, because they are in a sense bashing themselves; which is quite agonizing to watch.
Of course we hate you, well I know I do. If you could see it from our shoes and without emotion you would understand. It starts as pity and sadness, but nothing changes and it eventually turns out as hate.
Christian haters are in no way fanatical, if they are not theists. It is a position based on logic.
I think the thread sought of got off track for a lot or reasons.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I thinks its just what it appears to be. A Con started by a well know confidence man, now used to bilk millions if not billions from mentally ill celebrities and wealthy people.

Bare Faced Messiah

You should read this in its entirety. Much of the information came from Hubbard's family who also think it's a scam.

Also look up some video's of them bullying people and trying to gaslight them. There are also copies of their price lists around. Costs lots of money to have them brainwash you and use you to enrich the confidence persons at the top. The leaders know its a scam.

Lots and lots of threads around here.
edit on 11/21/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)
It’s a pity we don’t know the creators of religion so directly, because we would see that it is no different. The man was smart and understood psychology; he only followed the religious business structure.
I know it’s a scam and tried to read a bit but I've heard it before.
Their form of bullying is very direct and obvious, but it has the same outcome as other religions that use an indirect method of conforming.
The only people who realise its a scam are people who look at it without emotion. Funny sounds a lot like mainstream religions.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
People:
Thanks if you have replied to me, I will try and respond to all but its going to take a while so I'm going to take a break for a while.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It ain't about money It ain't about religion come onDo you even know what Dianetics can do for you? Do you even care? It ain't about the money! It ain't about religion! Buy only one book (Dianetics) read it and you can literaly free your mind!

I am tired of inorganic psychiatry telling a person that they will have to live for the rest of their lives with what has already been recorded in their subconscious minds. Psychotherapy will tell you what is in there and that is it. And then from there on you have to deal with it for the rest of your life. Sorry but I can't get caught up in the endless circle the ring of stupidity. "We dance round in a ring and suppose while the secret sits in the center and knows." Robert Frost example given psychiatry and the subconscious mind

"The true lover of knowledge is always striving after being he will not rest at those multitudinous phenomena whose existence is appearance only." Plato this is Scientology

"I think that a human should be everything that a human can be." Denver Church
edit on 21-11-2011 by UFOOWNER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

but how do they get so many celebrity supporters?

BECAUSE THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE !

Not to mention actors ACT! You see they act as if they believe in this crap, just as you would for a infomercial "buy my product" convincing you it is the best thing since sliced bread. It's business as usual in hollywood hills.

THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them.

"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is!"

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.

L. Ron Hubbard

Knowledge should be FREE! Death to this CULT

Ask me why I am wearing mask

edit on 21-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

but how do they get so many celebrity supporters?

BECAUSE THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE !

Not to mention actors ACT! You see they act as if they believe in this crap, just as you would for a infomercial "buy my product" convincing you it is the best thing since sliced bread. It's business as usual in hollywood hills.

THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them. He also said if you want to sell someone on something you create mystery into it. LRH a new slant on life this is not control or lying but mystery.

"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is!"

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.

L. Ron Hubbard

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I see you have not done much reading here. The Christians are under constant assault. Hate does not even begin to describe the posts here attacking Christians, in fact the Christian haters are one of the most vocal, fanatical groups of people. Not to mention you took the whole thread off topic due to your own hatred.

I think this hate you speak of is more along the line of intolerance, Christians were fed to lions in old times. Now you have Atheists these days that attack Christians because it is a religion while not attacking other religions from my observation. Seems the only problem is Christians in their eyes ... does not make sense. They should attack all religions not just target one if they want to make a point, but i think Christians are painted in a bad light because of all the posers who call themselves Christians by brand yet they are not Christians by practice. They never follow Jesus teachings and his word and do the opposite of what jesus was about, that is where the problem lies. I think Islam has one up on Christians in the sense that most Muslims are dedicated to their god and religion as a way of life. Minus the extremists because they are rooted in all religious sect. A lot of people dress up and show up to church every Sunday but really do not practice or follow through on said religion. Sure you are forgiven, so they feel they can use humanity as a door mat because they think they get a free pass.

Scientology is not a religion , it calls itself a religion as an excuse to play the discrimination card when it it's scam is exposed for what it is. Scientology is a cancer.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Yes, you who hate take it off track on purpose. Are you a Scientology practitioner?

You forget I can quit my Faith anytime I wish and nothing will happen to me. I have two core beliefs; to love God and love my fellow humans on this planet. That's it. That's what you are so upset about.

Up to you what you believe but when it becomes hate and an attempt to eliminate peaceful peoples beliefs because you don't agree with them, its just plain old fashioned bigotry.

You do know that using examples of people doing bad while pretending to be Christian is just as dishonest as they are. I can claim to be anything, but it does not make it so.

If one Scientologist is a murderer, does that mean that all Scientologists are responsible? If one Democrat rapes a child does it make all Democrats Pedophiles? Same logic used by Christian bashers every day.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I think most had something in their lives that caused it. We all know how many fake Christians there are in this world. They blame Christians for them wrongly. I can understand that.

Oddly you almost never meet a real Christian hater and most Atheists simply don't believe and don't care if others do. I have a few Atheist freinds. I think they are different from the hateful ones in the same way as most Marxists are OK people and would not slaughter their opponents like Stalin and Mao.

I like to practice my Faith and not apply my issues with one to how I feel about others. I don't always succeed.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

First of all; Scientology isn't a religion. The "Church" part of their name was sought after solely for tax purposes, by their insane former leader / cult creator L. Ron Hubbard.

L. Ron Hubbard: "Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous, If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion." -at a Science Fiction convention.

Secondly, you spelled lose as "loose", rendering you slightly incompetent, in my humble opinion, no offense. What device does NOT have spell check these days?
Jeez.

Way to start off with a great post and then instantly relieve yourself of any credibility and respect you may have won. I don't think anyone cares what your opinion of the OP is.

edit on 21-11-2011 by thegagefather because: sc

You're making the mistake of assuming I care what anyone here thinks.

But back on topic~

Scientologists pray upon the mentally ill and mentally unsound. It's pretty scary stuff. They literally have an entire city to themselves in Florida where they bring in cash via tourism and converts.

In my opinion, Scientology should be outlawed as a dangerous cult, unfortunately some Christian-based faiths could also be categorized the same, such as Westboro Baptists and such.

What is it about religion that seems to attract the insane? Is it the need to "belong" to something greater than yourself? Or is it just the need to be accepted by someone, anyone, willing to be your friend?

These cults and their fanatics are like flies, you swat one down and two more pop up.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join