It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology. Is there something were not seeing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Look I know that scientology is no different to any other religion and im not saying its real or anything..
but how do they get so many celebrity supporters?
List of Famous Scientologists
I know that celebrities are always for hire but there is a difference between being spokesman for a religion then for a new diet or perfume.
I know they are filthy rich but I imagine the asking price for changing Tom Cruises or John Travolta’s religion would be more then they have. Especially to something to something like scientology which would loose them millions of fans and subsequently millions in profit because not as many people want to see their movies.

So what I'm wondering, is there possibly a government or big corporation agenda behind scientology?
The effects of religion are great for brainwashing and controlling the public, not only does it brainwash the followers but it also convinces people of other religions that they are right.
I don’t know, but I think there’s something behind it they we don’t see..
What do you think?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
Look I know that scientology is no different to any other religion

Actually it is very different, its main purpose is to make money.

In other western religions everybody is basically treated the same and are equal. But in scientology "celebrities" are treated very diifferently, they are feted and even go to special "Celebrity Centers"
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-11-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Just another luciferian cult. Not much mystery to it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Scientology teaches that people are immortal beings who have forgotten their true nature.

I'm on board with that. Our true nature isn't slavery and taxes followed by cancer and death.

Its method of spiritual rehabilitation is a type of counselling known as auditing, in which practitioners aim to consciously re-experience painful or traumatic events in their past in order to free themselves of their limiting effects.

I thought that was called therapy?

Study materials and auditing courses are made available to members in return for specified donations

Now it begins to smell like the sewerage that it is perceived to be by others.

Scientology is legally recognized as a tax-exempt religion in the United States and some other countries, and the Church of Scientology emphasizes this as proof that it is a bona fide religion.

Ok now they've won me over! I declare my abode a Scientologist sanctuary of worship... now can I stop paying taxes?

edit on 21-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

What religions purpose isn’t to make money?

Western religions do not treat all people equally? Need I remind you the pope is meant to have a better connection to god then everyone else, women are oppressed and many children get raped. Also they take great advantage of 3rd world nations.. Any help they do is greatly trumped by the amount of donations they take out and lock in the Vatican vault.
I know they treat them like gods, much like society. But celebs are all about image and in someone like Tom Cruises case that image is probably worth a few billion.
But actually buying the crux of that image would cost so much more.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcord

Just another luciferian cult. Not much mystery to it.

How is there a difference between a 'cult' and any mainstream religion?
If theres nothing to it, how come so many high profile people are leaving other religions for it

edit on 21-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Although it is probably one of the most absurd religions in existence, it is likely to be based on shreds of truth. It's basically one of the only major religions which acknowledges the extraterrestrial reality. I think it has something to do with that (the reason it has many high status members). Many high payed actors believe aliens have visited Earth in the past, Scientology probably ties in with the Sumerians and the Anunnaki and stuff like that. I'm not sure exactly what Scientologists believe (apart from that South Park episode), but that would be my guess.
edit on 21-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
thanks OP..you just gave me something to look further into..

with all those celebs as members i think there must be something interested to be discovered

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I declare my abode a Scientologist sanctuary of worship... now can I stop paying taxes?
I doubt it. The church is tax exempt just like any other religious foundation.
edit on 21-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

All religions promise that crap in a way.
What I dont get is why celebrities worth billions would ruin their images by supporting it. I know for a fact nothing in hollywood happens by accident, especially not what religion the big players 'follow'.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Although it is probably one of the most absurd religions in existence, it is likely to be based on shreds of truth. It's basically one of the only major religions which acknowledges the extraterrestrial reality. I think it has something to do with that (the reason it has many high status members). Many high payed actors believe aliens have visited Earth in the past, Scientology probably ties in with the Sumerians and the Anunnaki and stuff like that. I'm not sure exactly what Scientologists believe (apart from that South Park episode), but that would be my guess.
I know its silly, but no more absurd then any other religion. In fact when you think about it, its actually a lot more probable then things like Christianity; but not by much.
Yes it could be that I guess, like all religions it plays on the 'you can’t disprove it' theory.
I don’t think that celebs get sucked into things in their public life.. They have teams of people writing every word that comes out of their mouths and their images are worth billions.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Please look into it, I feel theres something behind it all.
I know that nothing in hollywood happens by accident thats for sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Scientology described in 5 mins, all hail XENU!

www.youtube.com...

embedding disabled, go to link to watch.
edit on 21-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
L.Ron in my opinion was a most intelligent individual. Scientology is as all organisations, something to be wary of.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Scientology described in 5 mins, all hail XENU!

And the worst part is they con people into thinking it's not true.

The man himself was a science fiction writer who even stated "Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion."

And now the rich and famous fall for it, some are born into it even further perpetuating the myth that this in deed a religion.

As James Hetfeild once said "Send me money, send me green - heaven you will meet. Make this contribution and you get the better seat."

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

True, which makes the fat cat support even weirder.
But I cant believe that all those celebs are 'falling' for it.
Nice quote by james there..

If only we knew the writer of the bible so closely as mr hubbard.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Here's Tom on Scientology:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Here's a bit of what I understand about $cientology......

....you mentioned just two prominent male celebrities, who happen to be quite wealthy.

.....but how do they get so many celebrity supporters?
I know that celebrities are always for hire but there is a difference between being spokesman for a religion then for a new diet or perfume.
I know they are filthy rich but I imagine the asking price for changing Tom Cruises or John Travolta’s religion would be more then they have.

I'll stop there. And, this is an opinion based on some scraps of gossip heard along the way, over the years, mind you.

It is no secret that the "machine" of Hollywood can chew up people's egos. And, sudden "success" at an age when a person is too young to take it all in properly, and at the same time might lack the proper support structure to help them cope, that can lead to a sort of "wasteland" syndrome, for want of a better term.

Now.....it is actually a fairly "open secret" among many, many so-called "Hollywood Insiders" that being Gay is a detriment to one's career. Yes, even today. It shouldn't be, of course....but, many of the "heavy hitters" who are the heads of major studios and still have great influence in the Industry are very old-school, even now.

But, let's re-wind back to the 1980s.....and, focus on young "Tom Cruise" (his 'stage name') and John Travolta.

Up-and-coming, each due to different career paths. But, scuttlebutt is, they have skeletons in the "closet".

Yes, 'gossip' is hearsay, yada yada yada..... however, someone I know personally has told me things, and I have to acknowledge this. It is not the point, here, to cast aspersions...not the intent.

But....in regards to $cientology....once anyone with any feeling that he/she has a 'secret' that might have a potential impact on their chosen career (whether it is accurate or not, it is their 'secret' and they think it could be damaging if it "got out")...once the $cientology peeps get wind of it....through any sort of (what should be confidential) admission.....or, "sharing"?

It seems to me that calling it government Psy-Ops or anything of that nature over-complicates it. Although fun to speculate about......

The basic term that most likely applies, in regards to the wealthy $cientology spokespeople is summed up in one word:

BLACKMAIL.

Especially to something to something like scientology which would loose them millions of fans and subsequently millions in profit because not as many people want to see their movies.

So what I'm wondering, is there possibly a government or big corporation agenda behind scientology?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Dear WakeUpRiseUp,

If I pick a crazy person who thinks they are a whatever, lets say a Democrat and use them to say that all Democrats are the same I am misleading people. All religions are not the same; but, let us deal with Scientology. The man that created it had been a member of a Satanic cult under Aleister Crowley. If you are interested in the religion you might want to research it's founder and his history along with his churches history.

All religions are no more the same than all atheists are the same. Not every atheist believes in what Stalin did. I don't care to bash Scientology and I am a Christian, I merely say that we should investigate how religions came about and what their originators believed. Over time those beliefs can be changed because of traditions. Be well.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

That is a very interesting point - one of the tactics of scientology against vocal denouncers, is to either find dirt, or simply just make it up.

A guy in the US who is strongly against scientology has had people stalk him, has had people stick up posters around his neighbourhood telling his neighbours he is a pedophile, has been physically targeted as he simply video tapes meetings...

it's all part of the "fair game" strategy they employed.

As usual my google-fu has failed me, but I remember he had a string of videos from various occasions where they went over the top of harass him for nothing more than having a camera and being known to them. In public.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join