It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology. Is there something were not seeing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

You would be amazed the amount of Cuckoo's they pull out from the bottom of the Barrel,

If anything goes by the spectacle Tom Cruise enacted on the Oprah Show goes anything by it

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I hear what you're saying and agree with a lot of it. As I said before, religion is irrelevant in most ways. Faith and the search for Gnosis is all that really matters. Religion causes most of our problems because the so-called men of faith who run them have forgotten that faith and religion are not the same things.

Oh and for the record branding all Christians with the Catholic brush is a little harsh. I know some lovely Christians...though I also know many psycho-Christians (JW's, Catholics and the like) that aren't Christians at all...just a sad parody of dogma and wasted lives. It's sad really, but if they chose to live that life, then that is their path.

Rev

edit on 21/11/2011 by revmoofoo because: Typo

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

You would be amazed the amount of Cuckoo's they pull out from the bottom of the Barrel,

If anything goes by the spectacle Tom Cruise enacted on the Oprah Show goes anything by it

Also, Dianetics is touted to the parents of wannabe child actors as a methodology that can be used to help keep their children focused on their goals and help make them successful. As if those poor deluded souls aren't spending enough of their hard earned cash chasing an imposable dream already. heh

Rev

link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

For one thing, once in, you just can't opt out. They will hound, harrass, and follow those who want out. I watched a doc about it last night, but because it is to be replayed this week on The Passionate Eye, it isn't available on their web site until afterwards. .
Yeah I heard about that, some of the stories are scary to say the least. But the again religions like Christianity do the same thing in an indirect way, such as convincing you that you will go to hell and be tortured for eternity.

Just because they're both wrong does not make it right! To me, it's my own business what I choose to believe. I'm offended by those who try to impose their religious ideas onto me. I'm politically incorrect (a nazi term) and proud to be an independent thinker!

I bet you are too!

edit on 21/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I was not brushing all Christians with the same brush as the Catholic, I was using the Catholic faith as an example. If that came across that I did imply as such then I apologize.

But it is not just the overrated dogma which certain sects over enact, it is the abuses which occur within those sects also. You just have to look at the abuses in Ireland and in other faith schools, Christian, Islamic, and Jewish. so it tarnishes all religious sects, faith groups, when abuses such as this takes place.

Besides in any religion as was stated before they all have skeletons in their closet.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by revmoofoo

I was not brushing all Christians with the same brush as the Catholic, I was using the Catholic faith as an example. If that came across that I did imply as such then I apologize.

Besides in any religion as was stated before they all have skeletons in their closet.

I wasn't having a dig at you, more being tongue in cheek as you'd be amazed how many people hear Christian and automatically assume Catholic. In the beginning (when I started my ministry) I always felt the need to explain that no, I wasn't a Catholic and yes, I can have a wife, so please feel safe leaving your children with me. Terrible generalisation I know, but that's how the unenlightened members of the population often see Christian Ministers. lol

Someone asked me once. What's the difference between a Catholic and other Christians then? To which I replied, most Christians celebrate their faith, whereas Catholics are taught to mourn it and feel guilty for having it. While not 100% factual, it stays with me to this day as being one of the of the most truthful things I have ever said.

Rev

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My boss tried to get me into scientology. I had to do a work book and I noticed the name on it L.Ron Hubbard but I went along with it. It was the most idiotic book I have ever read. It was a book to learn how to learn their terms and if you didn't know something don't go ahead and do it, learn about it first then start eg if you want to take an engine apart dont start taking apart ,research and learn first well Duh!!!!! this cartoon book drawings of people with thought bubbles of what he was thinking. You saw the brain washing in it.I couldn't finish it and closed the book and left the office.Before I left call Ron Hubbard a fraud. He got mad I guess he hadn't got to the position of clear yet lol.

As for celebraties or anyone for that matter they have to go through a auditing session and spill the beans on what has happened in their lives while holding on to an E meter. The auditor takes notes and keeps files on whoever it is for later use like blackmail or character assasination if they leave the church. If you ask a scientologist what they believe in they cant explain it and suggest you take a course. All they say is it has changed their lives or my business has gotten better.They also use Al-ANON or drug rehab places to get members too. They also dont know about OT level 3 where Xenu and thetans comes in then it is almost too late and are stuck in the church and have alot to lose by leaving.They are also pressued into getting people into the church.If you have any doubts about it you have to go through a rpf program to get you back in order.TOTAL brain washing cult and all about the money

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I really like this:

No doubt you are familiar with the Revelations section of the Bible where various events are predicted. Also mentioned is a brief period of time in which an archenemy of Christ, referred to as the Antichrist, will reign and his opinions will have sway. All this makes for very fantastic, entertaining reading but there is truth in it. This Antichrist represents the forces of Lucifer (literally, the "light bearer" or "light bringer"), Lucifer being a mythical representation of the forces of enlightenment, the Galactic Confederacy. My mission could be said to fulfill the Biblical promise represented by this brief Antichrist period. During this period there is a fleeting opportunity for the whole scenario to be effectively derailed, which would make it impossible for the mass Markabian landing (Second Coming) to take place. The Second Coming is designed, among other things, to trigger a rapid series of destructive events.

Source

Sound familiar? Move a couple of bits around, change a few names and what do we have? Delusions of grandeur still evident today in people like David Wilcox and the like.

Same old stories, same old gullible victims. Shame on us all for believing junk like this at some point in our lives. lol

Rev

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Oh and slightly off-topic. The "banned" Scientology episode of South Park, while of course a parody, is an excellent watch for someone who knows nothing about Scientology because then you get to watch their reaction to the "This is really what Scientologists believe" caption across the screen at the most ridiculous part of the show.

Rev

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
One thing I have recognised in the eyes of senior scientology members is a certain look in the eyes - also seen it in Mormons to some extent.

It is a result of a mental technique of complete control of the focus of your mind - ie complete surety of purpose, no doubts allowed - it is something that can be learned quite easily, a bit like method acting, it is very usefull!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
One thing I have recognised in the eyes of senior scientology members is a certain look in the eyes - also seen it in Mormons to some extent.

It is a result of a mental technique of complete control of the focus of your mind - ie complete surety of purpose, no doubts allowed - it is something that can be learned quite easily, a bit like method acting, it is very usefull!

I've noticed the same thing to a lesser extent on the faces of the "Elders" at some of the Kingdom Halls I've visited. There are NLP techniques that you can use to achieve the same results and the path there is far less traumatic and confusing.

Rev

ETA: Personally, I'd rather continue to question everything and accept that the only truth is that I know nothing at all.

edit on 21/11/2011 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I just cannot take this organisation seriously, as it was written by a third-rate science fiction writer. I know - I read one of his novels, and it was dreadful. I was once told that L. Ron Hubbard made the whole thing up on a bet.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I heard the bet thing a lot while I was researching L. Ron, but like the religion is the best way to make money quote, it's really difficult to substantiate. Personally, I wouldn't have put it past him.

OP, sorry to hijack your post a bit.

Rev

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

No, not the same thing. CEOs don't get blamed for a rapist in lower management. And the Church is not getting destroyed. problems with a worker's private life are not the concerns of the CEO. He just fires them. Only think the church is guilty of is having a high retention rate, and they shouldn't.

Yes, every religions goal is that. Why do you think the vatican sits on billions of dollars but still continues to ask for donations?

Fallacy. You use one religion to blame all.

These religions are extremley wealthy, how else do you think they get away with all their crimes against humanity?

Crimes against humanity? There is no one innocent. When you buy a coffee you kill a Columbian, when you buy a towel, you kill a young asian child. When you buy a computer, you kill an Indian. If you desire punishment, do it to yourself first.

Please explain to me how scientology is different from any other religion?

you buy your way up a hierarchy. No other mainstream religion does this.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
One of the first things you learn, in Scientology's introduction course called "the Communication Course" is how to assert your will onto others. Scientologist judge each other based on monetary succes, as one should be able to control another, to the point that they pay you, or give you money, ie success.

I was introduced to Scientology in the '70, as my husband was a Scientologist and got me involved. We attended Celebrity Center, in Hollywood and lived at the Scientology mansion for celebrities only, called "The Manor.

John Travolta was in my Diantetics class, he had just landed "Welcome Back Cotter." Some of the people who either lived at the Manor or were involved at Celebrity Center were:

Ingo Swan
Chick Corea
Stanley Clark
Al Jareau
Karen Black
Airto Mortiera and Flora Purim

Being only 18 at the time I was quite smitten with these energies. If your not familiar "Return to Forever" had just come out.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Good memories, good times, back then.

My husband was a lot like Tom Cruise and I couldn't take it, and left. I left him and Scientology and never looked back.

I am greatful for the things I learned about myself during my stay with Scientology and the fantastic people I was sharing my reality with, at the time.
edit on 21-11-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

EDIT: We were married at Celebrity Center and Al Jareau did the Blessing for my daughter's birth.
edit on 21-11-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Ive had my analytical eyes on the Church of scientology for awhile now. Somethings just plain wrong about those people. Ive done some digging but cant seem to find any proof of what I think is going on. To be short, theyre in the brainwashing for money business. How honorable can a religion be when theyre clearly targeting celebrities for recruits? What better way to brainwash the masses than recruiting celebrities, people the US population see every day. Hopefully they dont pocess any tech that ,if used within earshot, could mess with a persons subconscious thoughts. I already know they use some type of electric tech in their weird "therapy" sessions. Weve all seen what happened to Tom Cruise shortly after being one of their members... Be cautious of subliminals at the Mission Impossible theatre showing people, and be on the look out for civilians flamboyantly bouncing on their theatre coushion! Seriously though, Im betting it all on the likely hood of that church being behind some pretty dark secrets and scandals that will eventually see the light of day.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

What do you think?

@Scientology. Is there something were not seeing
Xenu

Xenu ( /ˈziːnuː/ zee-noo),[1][2][3] also spelled Xemu, was, according to the founder of Scientology L. Ron Hubbard, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions[4][5] of his people to Earth in a DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs. Official Scientology dogma holds that the essences of these many people remained, and that they form around people in modern times, causing them spiritual harm.[1][6]

These events are known within Scientology as "Incident II",[7] and the traumatic memories associated with them as The Wall of Fire or the R6 implant. The narrative of Xenu is part of Scientologist teachings about extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in earthly events, collectively described as space opera by Hubbard. Hubbard detailed the story in Operating Thetan level III (OT III) in 1967, warning that the R6 "implant" (past trauma)[8] was "calculated to kill (by pneumonia, etc.) anyone who attempts to solve it".[8][9][10]

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by spoor

What religions purpose isn’t to make money?

Western religions do not treat all people equally? Need I remind you the pope is meant to have a better connection to god then everyone else, women are oppressed and many children get raped. Also they take great advantage of 3rd world nations.. Any help they do is greatly trumped by the amount of donations they take out and lock in the Vatican vault.
I know they treat them like gods, much like society. But celebs are all about image and in someone like Tom Cruises case that image is probably worth a few billion.
But actually buying the crux of that image would cost so much more.

The difference between other religions and scientology is in other religious you don't need to donate money to become more spiritually fit. In scientology it is mandatory to pay money to elevate your soul, and move up in the church spiritually.

The church of scientology should not be allowed tax exemption, it is a pyramid scheme where all the money goes to the very top no matter what level you're on.
edit on 11/21/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by AQuestion

I know its silly, but no more absurd then any other religion. In fact when you think about it, its actually a lot more probable then things like Christianity; but not by much.

Rude that. The extremes are quite opposite in many vital areas. Scientology, like Zeitgeist, is perportedly designed as a rooted social experiment, instituted to assess people's reactions to an ideological movement. Who knows what they can learn from such a microcosm or it's promotion? Meanwhile, it's still free speech and freedom of religion to practice it. The only part that actually mirrors are trestises on moral philosophy, which could be said to be an upbuilding part of any religion.

Fundementally, all religions are pretty much the same today.
Who cares what he believed, how can you say that god didnt tell him to write it? I do research the origins of religions and no religion has a believable origin.
Why are you talking about atheists and stalin?
If you are christian, please take time to properly investigate the origins of the bible.

Zeitgeist, Scientology, Islam, Satanism, Judaism, Christianity, and Theosophy are "pretty much all the same" then? I guess sub-differences such as LeVey, Symbolic, Luciferianism, or Palladists among Satanists qualify as nothing "diverse', and are "pretty much the same" as Protestants, Catholics, Lutherians, Baptists, and Christian Mystics, so there is no sense worrying about it beyond the label of religion. Thanks for clearing that one up!

The new testament is one of the world's best preserved historical texts. The evolving canon law of the church has been around for centuries longer than most peoples family trees, and it's quite clear what books were omitted from the bible and what was retained. You can translate back to the original Hebrew and Greek languages in case there is the slightest doubt as to what the original's spoke of.
edit on 21-11-2011 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2011 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

AMEN!

The church of scientology should not be allowed tax exemption, it is a pyramid scheme where all the money goes to the very top no matter what level you're on.

$cientology is a business!! And is not a "church". Nor is it a "religion".

Period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join