It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most People Show More Empathy And Compassion For Animals Than Eachother

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Animals are innocent, humans are not. Animals are in tune with mother nature and the earth and only take what they need to survive, we do not.

Animals are more deserving of compassion and empathy than any one of us. They are pure and we are very, very far from it. It is in our nature to want the balance of nature and to be part of the natural cycle but human nature gets in the way every time.

We will never be like the other animals that walk the Earth, what that means, I don't know, all that I know is that is the truth and it is up to each of us to figure it out.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Animals are innocent, humans are not. Animals are in tune with mother nature and the earth and only take what they need to survive, we do not.

Animals are more deserving of compassion and empathy than any one of us. They are pure and we are very, very far from it. It is in our nature to want the balance of nature and to be part of the natural cycle but human nature gets in the way every time.

We will never be like the other animals that walk the Earth, what that means, I don't know, all that I know is that is the truth and it is up to each of us to figure it out.
Try walking through most parts of Africa,or a Brazilian Jungle,or the Rocky Mountains,or the Amazon,or the Everglades without a weapon and watch how quickly the innocent and loving animals turn you into their lunch...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Helious

Try walking through most parts of Africa,or a Brazilian Jungle,or the Rocky Mountains,or the Amazon,or the Everglades without a weapon and watch how quickly the innocent and loving animals turn you into their lunch...

I have been to half of the places you speak of and I am well aware of the dangers of animal attacks. That has nothing to do with the point. Animals devoid of higher emotions will be animals, we in there habitat, should we be lacking firearms or weapons of intelligent design are not the top of the food chain and they are justified in eating and consuming us as they see fit.

You must realize, we mass murder animals in the most horrid of ways to claim our top spot on the food pyramid. Not that this is wrong per say, I eat steak, chicken, fish......... Should I find myself wandering the Rockys and meet up with a grizzly and he ends up mauling me, I would chalk that up to my fault, not his. This is why I don't swim in the ocean and why when I am in the mountains I am armed and alert.

What exactly is wrong with animals being animals? They don't have the education of morality that informs them they shouldn't eat you and who knows.... You may taste good.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Ever since the beginning of time, humankind has dreamed or perhaps remembered in the dim, dark, distant recesses of the physic, of an abundant world where life is lived in harmony and balance. A world in peace with justice where the inherent connections between animals, people and the earth are understood and respected. Ancient myths and stories tell of such a place. In the new millennium -- a time of new beginning -- our longing continues, not for a new place, not for an old place, but for a changed place. We long for a place of peace, consideration, concern, caring and compassion, a place where respect for all is the conscious order of things.

Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Some of us respect all animals, but none of us respect all humans. The problem is not in us it is on society, in a small tribal culture all individuals are appreciated...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I sometimes give money to homeless people. Not a lot, but a buck or two so they can get food. Why? Because I realize I could be there some day.

That said, animals are different from humans. Humans can work, they can seek help from organizations, they can do many a number of things. What can an animal do? Most of the organizations that they get help from will kill them if they don't find a home quick enough.

They can forage through and get food from our dumpsters, but again people will then go after them. We also deprived animals of an environment in which they could have lived normally.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by blocula

Some of us respect all animals, but none of us respect all humans. The problem is not in us it is on society, in a small tribal culture all individuals are appreciated...
We are driven apart and are made to struggle and needlessly compete against eachother and are forced to endure tptb's mind numbing rat race,posessed by their greed doctrine of perpetually trying to obtain things that dont really mean anything.Material objects that are actually only illusions,that will wither and fade and return back into the dust from where they came and all the while you and i are withering and fading as well...
edit on 18-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have compassion for animals such as dogs.. maybe cats, that is about it. Now if there is a situation in which I can help any other animal without it going primal on me, I am game.

Now when this comes to larger animals like lions, tigers and bears (oh my!)...

These animals have the ability to take care of themselves anyways.

When it comes to humans... Im willing to help anyone that is willing to help themselves as well.
If that makes any sense.

On a side note.. My sons grandpa on his mothers side, had a domesticated squirl. It was neat!

edit on 18-11-2011 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2011 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Try this...look at these 2 pictures...

365give.ca...

thechive.files.wordpress.com...

and tell me which one evokes more empathy in you...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
As a misanthropic dog, I agree with this message.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join