It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This week in sick sad world.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Has anyone heard about the new bill to make pizza a vegtable in school lunches?
Yeah, Im not making this up.

According to a new FEDRAL bill, if it passes, pizza will be classified as a vegtable if it contains 2 TABLESPOONS of tomato paste.

To give you an idea, the average pizza uses about 1/8 - 1/4 of a cup of sauce.
This would allow ANY pizza (As long as it is not oil or white sauce) to be classified as a vegtable. This is absurd!! The even SADDER part is that even though this bill says pizza can be a vegtable, it ALSO says some REALLY GOOD stuff about school lunches, such as limiting sodium and potato use in lunches.

So, does the good override the bad? I dont think so!!

Childhood obeisity is a growing epidemic in the USA, and dispite efforts, it is just getting worse. A major culprit of this is factory foods, such as frozen meals, snack chips, sodas, and other junk food. This rise in fat kids is leading to children in fourth grade having heart attacks. FOURTH GRADE!!! (Im not saying I was skinny in fourth grade, actually I was quite fat untill I entered middle school where I realized that I could not have a life with obeseity.) but fat enough to have a heart attack? Really? This is stupid!!! This just proves that the government does not give a rats behind quarters about what we do or say, they just care about the money.

I would urge you to take action, but I might me stepping over T & C boundries. *Scowl*

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

I thought it meant it would be considered a serving of a vegetable. Just like if you had a slice of tomato on a hamburger...that is a serving of a vegetable. Now add the cheese on the pizza, that is a dairy product, which usually contains calcium and protein. So in theory the pizza sounds bad yes, but if they can show the tomato paste vitamin percentage in vit c or a then I would say okay, one serving down.... So pizza, a serving of enriched bread, cheese for dairy, paste for veggie etc...not that the pizza IS a veggie..
edit on 17-11-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Still, pizza has TONS of calories and trying to pass it off as healthy by saying "It has a serving of cheese, meat, bread, and vegtables!" is plain WRONG. Pizza is one of the most FAT RIDDEN foods you can eat!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
For the people that aren't down with the pizza sauce, they should give them the option of holing it, while offering potato chips or refried beans as the vegetable

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
reply to post by Starwise

Still, pizza has TONS of calories and trying to pass it off as healthy by saying "It has a serving of cheese, meat, bread, and vegtables!" is plain WRONG. Pizza is one of the most FAT RIDDEN foods you can eat!

How much fat could it have. Its mostly wheat and veggies. I guess if you load it with a ton of sausage, bacon, pepperoni, etc then it would be fat laden. I think people just need to learn to control their portion sizes and quit trying to limit the choices of the rest of the world that has self control when it comes to food.

If someones kid is so fat by 4th grade that they have a heart attack then that is a parenting problem. Just tell the kid no more and control their diet and portions.

edit on 17-11-2011 by TheChamelon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
pizza is good ,sitting in an A/C classroom.is fat inducing .
Make the kiddies run for their supper .Or is that to risky now in case someone breaks a nail?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's just great, when it's official all of the wannabe survivalists will be searching on Google for instructions on how to grow pizza.

On second thought....

*Off to create a website on "how to grow pizza*

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So you think pizza and obesity is such a problem that you would lie and deny there isn't vegetable components to pizza?

It's common knowledge and even advised to eat a medium cheese pizza the day before a 10 + mile roadmarch. It has value, like any food.

You do realize that most parents can't even cook a meal from scratch, right? They probably don't even havr a dough recipe much less a healthy version.

These children are lucky the nanny state is there to rescue and indoctrinate them.

Only half sarcastic here.
edit on 2011/11/17 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I honestly dont know much about all of the lunch foods, I thought they were trying to get healthier ??
I homeschool my kids so I dont have to deal with this crap to begin with

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
I honestly dont know much about all of the lunch foods, I thought they were trying to get healthier ??
I homeschool my kids so I dont have to deal with this crap to begin with

They are trying to do that, but they are also trying to classify what falls in the the category of "healthy"

What it boils down to is money and healthy foods are more expensive.
edit on 18-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

top topics

join