It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you buy this 5000 dollars Hamburger?Very cheap! Could you eat it?On this crisis?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
reply to post by diamondsmith

ewwww. if i had 5000 to spend on a burger, id go to mc donalds and do something usefull with the change
What a nice kid you become!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That is just crazy! and absolutely pointless

I seriously love a good burger, one of my favourite treats and foods! and I wouldn't pay much over a tenner for one no matter how nice or gourmet it is!
ridiculous!

Besides, my girlfriend seriously makes the best burgers i've ever had the pleasure of eating! nothing comes even close to her homemade burgers, and i've eaten a lot of burgers in my life

I want a burger now!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Peace to you,but that Burger must rest in peace!I don't know how many white nights I will do after such an adventure!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

ewwww. if i had 5000 to spend on a burger, id go to mc donalds and do something usefull with the change

I hope that something useful isnt putting it in McDonalds charity box..ha, charity box!.. i bet not even 0.0000001% of every pound in them boxes goes to a charity!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

I hope that something useful isnt putting it in McDonalds charity box..ha, charity box!.. i bet not even 0.0000001% of every pound in them boxes goes to a charity!
That's advertising too for them,by the way how is your health and what is junk food?Do you have a SSN?Or 5000?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

i was thinking more of home entertainment systems lol

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

Kiddo stay calm,no one is going to harm you,this site is all yours to express your opinion no one will take it from you,it's a promise...do you heard of AIG?Don't worry!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

IM ALWAYS CALM lol whats an AIG? and SSN?

sadly no, i dont have 5000, i bearly have 5....

my health is fine i only eat junk food every now and then as a treat

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

IM ALWAYS CALM lol whats an AIG? and SSN?

sadly no, i dont have 5000, i bearly have 5....

my health is fine i only eat junk food every now and then as a treat
In the United States, a Social Security number (SSN) is a nine-digit number issued to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and temporary (working) residents under section 205(c)(2) of the Social Security Act, codified as 42 U.S.C. § 405(c)(2). The number is issued to an individual by the Social Security Administration, an independent agency of the United States government. Its primary purpose is to track individuals for taxation purposes.[citation needed]
A Social Security number may be obtained by applying on Form SS-5, "Application for A Social Security Number Card".[1]source(en.wikipedia.org...

Obama: Fire AIG execs for retreat

Obama slips into his stump speech in response to the first question, on the economy, looking at the questioner but interacting with him little.

And he gets populist, raising the report that the insurance giant AIG took executives, after the bailout, on a retreat that cost more than $400,000.

"The Treasury should demand that money back, and those executives should be fired," Obama said.source(www.politico.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by caladonea

While I have to agree with you...

*sigh* Read this.

I'm subscribing to # 5.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

gotcha, so SSN is social security number (didnt need to explain what it was though lol)
and AIG are a load of fat cats.

dunno why i said mcdonalds, i actually preffere subway

man am i hungry
edit on 17/11/2011 by DaveNorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Upgrade!

edit on 17-11-2011 by diamondsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A 1990 Chateau Petrus costs about $4000 in a store. Factor in a mark-up of say 20% and you're at $4800, so your burger is probably not more than $200. Still a rip off. The inclusion of truffles probably has something to do with that too.

If you're the sort of person who regularly guzzles 20 year old + Petrus (ie. you have more money than sense), $5000 for a bottle in a Michelin rated restaurant in Vegas would not be a bad deal, with or without the burger.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is many billion dollars burger .I wonder if some one understand,but I doubt.....

source(www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMuerte
Kobe Beef comes from Japan if I remember right. I suspect that the beef may glow in the dark a bit. So I truly hope they sell the bloody heck out of it. Heck I might even be willing to put that deal on Groupon!

I saw Paris Hilton order a $2,000 banana split on some stupid tv show. I watched as I put all energy into hoping she would choke to death on it.

Something is seriously wrong with this world. BLADERUNNER

(face palm) thats why the burger is so expensive.
A glow in the dark burger, what a genius idea, very original. It all makes sense now...............

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That bottle of wine alone costs like 3,800 $ roughly. Go look it up, that's the lowest price I could find, some variations even skyrocket to 60,000 $ per bottle.

Oh and check out this link folks, 12 most expensive bottles of wine

There is one bottle that was supposedly owned by Thomas Jefferson and it is worth roughly 200 - 300 grand $. It is not drinkable however, and instead is only a museum piece.

Also one of the higher priced ones listed was discovered in a sunken ship which was suppose to have been delivered to the Russian Imperial family 100 years ago, it claims the guy sold them for several hundred grand a piece as well.

Very interesting subject because anyone with a brain would know this is a huge huge waste of money.
It probably tastes horrible too, to top it off.

I hear a lot of super-rich claim that "Obviously I am smarter than you, I have more money". Well this proves that is totally not true, the actual "smart" folks are the ones selling burgers for 5000$ to these dimwits.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here is a link to 1990 Petrus wine prices.
Winezap.com

This is where the main bulk of the price for this meal comes from.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If I pay $5000 for a burger, my # better come out looking like a goose and smelling like pineapple.

Mental picture?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I dont mind paying that much for the meal. Really, its worth it. You guys have to try it out once in your life.

Subtle truffles with foie gras after taste accompanied by the superb wine is the best enjoyed with a violin play. The service was exceptional and the calming atmosphere were wonderful. $5000 well spent I must say.

I'm playing Barbie dressup and I'm the princess. I wonder my monopoly money enough for another shopping.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I just ate there almost exactly a year ago. I got a liquid nitrogen margarita and these little pasta square things.. It was very expensive, but watching the dude make the margaritas was pretty cool.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join