It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Reincarnation is true, what will happen incase a disaster wipes out 90% of humanity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If something like that happened, I, being a Bodhisattva, would probably just skip being reincarnated again and rejoin the underlying fabric of the universe rather than partially isolating myself from it in a more or less separate body like I do here on Earth. It would be a nice rest.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

If 90% of the people got wiped out, we would just re-role characters on a different planet. The same thing must have happened when we were first populating the world. Life is an MMO but to get membership, you have to be "sponsored" by a parent.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I always wondered if reincarnation is what happens then does the heaven and hell thing come from how it works? Do the saints come back in places of power and respect? Not just as people but heavenly bodies like planets, moons and stars. What about all the evil in the world? Would they come back as a rock in a volcano with all the senses and thoughts of their former evil self? I know some ancient civilizations had whole stars and constellations of their gods that were supposedly where good and evil people people went when they died. Maybe if you go far back enough every religion and form of worship originates from the same point(obviously everything does but Im talking about the ideas of religions and reincarnation here on earth)--- Anyway Im guessing wed all be relocated somewhere else, either in this dimension or the next... Those of us that werent volcanic rock anyway.

edit on 16-11-2011 by ADMX101 because: Got off subject

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Also, I wonder if maybe some souls aren't recycled "back" in time? After all, once you're a free-ranging soul floating around the universe, who says you have to be a slave to the ordinary laws of space and time? Why can't you just pick an existence in the past and go there? Maybe that would explain how some people get to be prophets. They just remember some of their previous life in the future.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

90% of all humans on this planet?

I dunno. I'm not a reincarnation guy myself, except in the most modest sense. When you play and defeat Mass Effect 3, and then start GTA5, are you controlling the same character? Personally -- I believe that the universe is a holographic representation of something else entirely, and that human beings are part of its energy. We exist so that the universe can express itself in the fourth dimension. If there is any truth to that at all, then there are possibly countless billions of earth's or earth like planets, and a mass die off of 90% of all humans on this planet would simply mean more former "earthlings" being born onto "alien" worlds.

Perhaps this explains why so much of what we value with regard to materiality seems to express itself in waves?
edit on 16-11-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Who says we reincarnate on this planet? Or we reincarnate as humans?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, One would suppose that there would be rebirths in other parts of the universe. However, one cannot rule out the repopulation of the earth either. Personally, I think your percentage is a bit too high. I think that a cataclysmic event is POSSIBLE, not necessarily inevitable. However, I think it would be more in the 50-75 percent range.

I've always said that the planet would be better off without about 25-50 percent of the people any way. There are, at the very least, 25% of the people who bring nothing but disharmony and conflict to the table. Those folks, no offense to anyone, we could do without.
edit on 16-11-2011 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Perhaps they'll reincarnate on another planet

As well as i never seen a script that says you are born 100% human again.
Better Karma you have, easier the life would be. I'm not sure if being born as human is a good thing. I rather be born as something small and short lived and end my cycle of reborn and attain nirvana.

What do you say about being a cat with lots of yarn and toys to play with and nice persons to scratch you? Or the non earth version a cat with wings. Namaste

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There's only one source for all, so I'm sure there's more than enough to go around.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If Reincarnation is true, what will happen incase a disaster wipes out 90% of humanity?

Here is my far out theory.

I believe there is a finite amount of "life force" or energy in the Universe. It splits and reforms into many things. A person might reincarnate as a whole meadow of flowers, or a small piece of a giant redwood. Different beings have different amounts of life force, from a lowly paramecium to an advanced colony of bees or ants, or a singular entity like a person or a dolphin or an elephant.

So, if 90% of humanity was wiped out, it would just reform into something else of equal energy. The earth would heal.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I disagree I think each form has a purpose, especially the human being, and that it would be best that we realize it before passing off the scene, and also that each phylos is a unique expression of creation unto itself, although I suppose if you're a squirrel, eventually it would get boring being a squirrel over and over and over again.. so I could be wrong.. what do I know?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I totally agree each form has a purpose. And we might repeat forms, or we might go into different forms. It is kind of like the parable of praying for patience. I won't make that mistake again!! Does my particular soul need to experience the life of a pampered pet, or an alley cat? Does it need to stand outside as a mighty oak and bend and stand against the elements, or does it need quiet spot where a lotus can bloom. I don't know, maybe it needs them all at one time or another.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

There'll be an awful lot of cockroaches ......

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
youll reincarnate as plants.... maybe molecules... haha thatd be sketch could you imagine being a tree and couldnt do anything about someone hacking at you real slow... anyways reincarnation is nuts if you think about it, this question and millions more pop up in my head all the time, and its just crazy to think about it, but honestly my theory is that were sent to another dimension or another world even or think about this, maybe we get sent to any point in time because if you think about it time doesnt essentially exist, its just made up so that means i could die right now and be reincarnated as lets say in the feudal times. thatd be a bummer

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh man. Heres what happens when you die and there aren't enough Human bodies to move into and inhabit. You have to get in line with the rest of the creatures on this planet. You might luck out and get reincarnated as a eagle or falcon. maybe some badass tiger. Or you could get a bad deal and get reincarnated as a worm. Or a spider. hell some "animals" get reincarnated as people too. snakes, spiders, cockroaches...they can come back and inhabit a human body...usually as a lawyer or something. Hey you laugh but it happens.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hey ATS, perpetual lurker here. Man I love thinking about stuff like this! Really good post. I'd personally like to agree with all the members who challenge the perspective of linear time and three dimensional space. Maybe we just circulate through history or go to other dimensions or planets. Being here for so long we've grown attached, but maybe at that point we'd decide to connect with some new planet / intelligent species. I don't have anything new to add, just agreeing

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by foundthetruth

I have read Newtons books, marvelous reading. Everyone should read them. Also another cool book is "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. You will feel ten feet tall and bullet proof when you are done.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwcawaterbear
reply to post by foundthetruth

I have read Newtons books, marvelous reading. Everyone should read them. Also another cool book is "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. You will feel ten feet tall and bullet proof when you are done.

Thanks I will check out the Holographic Universe for sure. Yeah Michael's work is astonishing really, with 20 thousand cases all reporting basically the same thing.

You may want to check out a book called Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth? by Robert Schwartz. It is more of the same really only with a wider view than Michael's books, and he goes about getting the information in a different way.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Okay, so there's already a few pages of answers for this one, and I'll admit I didn't read them all so I can only assume mine won't be any different . . . but here it goes:

In my view, and my understanding of reincarnation, it's not limited to one species. It's also not limited to Earth. I think it's safe to say that in our current age of science and discovery, we are realizing that there are many more worlds that can have life, and intelligent life befitting our level of consciousness.

That said, I also believe in other dimensions of existence. There is so much we don't know about consciousness and what it means, only that we are here and we exist.

So I don't think reincarnation is limited at all, like I said. At this very moment, we might be inhabited another place entirely but we are only aware of this life as our "waking" life. Death of our human body is only the beginning of a much grander adventure that will likely never end, even after the end of the universe, a new one will begin, and so it goes.

Buddhism is an interesting thing to research, as well as Hindu beliefs and cosmology.

I hope I have helped with added a little of my own personal insight on the subject.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I dont believe in it, could be possible tho you never know. But I would say the souls stay on the other side waiting to be put back into life. They could find peace on the other side. Some people think when you die you go to the other side like a different realm per say but you are still on earth and dont realise you are dead.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join