It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now PETA is after Mario.....LULZ (DIAHF) this is funny as $%^&

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
sorry mod's but tell me I'm wrong about this .........

The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals might be barking up the wrong mushroom.

On Monday, the controversial organization issued a press release attacking iconic Nintendo mascot Mario for wearing a 'Tanooki' suit in his latest adventure, the Nintendo 3DS game Super Mario 3D Land, which hit shelves on Sunday.

"Tanooki may be just a "suit" in Mario games, but by wearing the skin of an animal, Mario is sending the message that it's OK to wear fur," PETA says.

FUNNY

the LULZ here keeps going.... & going...........&going........................&going........................LULZ MFAO

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This type of behavior is why not many people take PETA seriously any more.

Seems to me like there are more important issues to tackle in the animal rights/abuse arena than defaming a video game character.

Where was PETA when lady gaga strolled down the street with her meat suit?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Lol when is PETA actually going to do something meaningful instead of just trying to whore all the attention they can?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Why not go after something that actually exists.
PETA are just making a joke of themselves.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
These PETA's & ott vegetarians kills more animals than us meat eaters, i mean, they eat all the rabbits food.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
These PETA's & ott vegetarians kills more animals than us meat eaters, i mean, they eat all the rabbits food.

Really dude? Why bring vegetarians into this? Your attempt at humor was very weak, old, out of context and not funny at all.

Just because I don't enjoy putting that negative death energy into my body doesn't automatically mean I support or agree with what PETA does or stands for. Don't generalize and shove two different groups of people together because you don't understand one or the other very well. Sorry my reply is a little rude

On topic:

Very silly of PETA to even go after this. As the poster above mentioned there are more important things they should concentrate on instead of a fictional character. Plus I never even noticed that about Mario til today

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JustBreathe11

I did say "ott" vegetarians. .

But i will concede. Should not have said it, my kid is a vegetarian, too.

edit on 11/16/2011 by qonone because: apology

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well, if anyone is interested, I am considering starting an organization called "PETV"... People for the Ethical Treatment of Vegetables....our first challenge is to stop cucumber abuse!

edit on 11-16-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
In real life, rats/mouses are used for any kinds of experiments. In Battlefield 3, there's a scene were you stab a rat to death to avoid being discovered by enemies. In Call of Duty, you can kill dogs. But what does PETA do? Only go after BF3/EA/DICE, LOL.

PETA seems to be made of a bunch of fools.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Like I said Sorry for sounding rude, I am just tired of people taking jabs at vegetarians. I hope you support your munchkin's choice to be a vegetarian rather than tease him/her about eating "rabbit food".

A lot of people take jabs at my choice for being a vegetarian but I always wonder if they tease because in some way they wish they had enough self control to do the same. Just a thought I've been entertaining. This has nothing to do with being superior or inferior, we are all equal.

I don't think any organization (PETA) or person should push their beliefs on anyone. People are intelligent enough to make up their own mind.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
really they complain about the suit and not how he jumps on turtles or beats the crap outa bowser or even rides a baby right after it hatches. If they where going to pick an arguement for a fictional scenario I think they should have found a better one than a suit made out of an animal that does'nt exist. Heck If I ever fine me a toonki im gonna have me a suit too (but only if it lets me fly).

WTF its not illegal to where fur so what grounds do they have to complain. They should have went with the turtle smashing at least that one would make sense.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
when are the people for the eating of tasty animals gonna get a grip?

2nd line

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustBreathe11

Like I said Sorry for sounding rude, I am just tired of people taking jabs at vegetarians. I hope you support your munchkin's choice to be a vegetarian rather than tease him/her about eating "rabbit food".

I do support her, but i do tease her now & then, since she has a pet rabbit!

Oh, and i have to listen to many of her bashings about me eating meat. As a family we all know we support each others lifestyles even though we tease & joke.

We have a parrot (African Grey) that loves CHICKEN! Been thinking about that

edit on 11/16/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
P eople
E ating
T asty
A nimals

top topics

join