It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Breaks Into Top Tier !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

RON PAUL BREAKS INTO TOP TIER !!!

The Iowa caucuses are just seven weeks away, but Republican voters in the nation's first presidential nominating state seem as torn as ever over the GOP field.

A new Bloomberg poll of likely caucus participants shows a four-way tie in Iowa, with Rep. Ron Paul joining Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain in the top tier of candidates. Underscoring the uncertainty in the race, 60 percent of respondents said they could be persuaded to back someone other than their first choice for the nomination.

The poll, conducted November 10 - 12 by the West Des Moines-based firm Selzer & Co, shows Cain in the lead with 20 percent, while Paul comes in at 19 percent. Romney wins 18 percent support, and Gingrich earns 17 percent. The margin of error is 4.4 percent.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 11/15/2011 by dbates because: Caps Lock Title Edit.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well its about damn time they acknowleged it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
my my my, looks like CBS has changed their tune from just a few days ago!

GO RON PAUL!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
awwww yeah! lets hope that he can pass Cain. Cain is a pushover, he would be a terrible president.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

Ditto. We knew the truth. It's only a matter of motivating the media to tell it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
FINALLY! After Cains numbers dip and people see who the real person is, Ron Paul can win this. Thanks for the post!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow, I hadn't realized Gingrich was still in it lol. Go Ron Paul! If he wins the Iowa Caucus and/or the New Hampshire primary, it won't matter what the media thinks, his momentum will be too big for them to pass up. The thing Ron Paul needs to do is to make himself the story, which he'll do if he wins the Iowa Caucus. With the support (ie, the acknowledgement) of the media, Ron Paul has a very likely chance of beating Obama purely on merit. His big problem is that the media consistently tries not to notice him, so my bet is that all of his money is going towards campaigning in Iowa right now so that he can be noticed, and once noticed, consistently lead because he has the best ideas.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Despite all the support and votes he gets from "the people", he will not get the Republican nomination because he won't be a team player with the Corporatocracy.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
guys this is just a bloomberg report
I think Ron Paul already has the readers of Bloomberg as supporters

It's all the other stations that need to acknowledge it

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Does it really matter if he is pulling first place in the polls, could we not simply write his name on the ballot. Even if he was dead last and enough people write his name on the ballot he would still be the majority leader. I believe it is called a "Ballot" or "Vote" draft but I am not sure.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

The poll, conducted November 10 - 12 by the West Des Moines-based firm Selzer & Co, shows Cain in the lead with 20 percent, while Paul comes in at 19 percent. Romney wins 18 percent support, and Gingrich earns 17 percent. The margin of error is 4.4 percent.
Cain in the lead? He should be ranking at the bottom after all the shenanigans he has pulled recently! WOW people are stupid. We are all dooooooooooooooooooomed!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

At least this is CBS acknowledging the Bloomberg report, and the Bloomberg data came from likely Iowa Caucus Voters.

This is a significant development! And, even more significant that CBS is forced to report on it. And, for me, it is even more significant that the polished puppets are so far from the top. Cain, Paul, and Gingrich are the new frontrunners?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The right is still going to ignore him. Laura Ingraham on her radio show today made mention of Ron Paul in the Iowa poll. She laughed it off and has now began her push of Newt. Last two weeks she had been pushing Cain but backed off today after his comments about Libya and collective bargaining. So they pushed Perry, then Cain and now Gingrich. If something happens to Newt, look for a big push for Romney. They will never back Ron Paul. It doesn't matter that he has never strayed from the constitution or what his record says the last 30 years.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am from Iowa, and these polls bounce around quite a bit. I'm glad to see that Paul is up there and there will be many of us at the polls to vote for him.

Sadly, Newt and Cain have been the poll winners lately, and lets not forget that Iowans voted for Huckabee last time.

Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yeah it's really interesting that Cain leads according to these polls since supposedly the "Republican Party" is suppose to be the party of 'morality', and are suppose to espouse more traditional ethical values.

It's no secret that many people consider the Republican party a highly religious bunch, and the Democrats as a more secular or non-religious group. This is apparent after years of observation.

So to see someone with tons of sexual harassment allegations against them still remaining popular, really shows me the depth of hypocrisy and double-standards that somehow exist within that group.

And to top it off, the only candidate with a truly clean record, RP, gets sidelined and downplayed consistently.

Oh well, most of us know that the majority of so called Republicans don't actually support any of the party's original legitimate platforms anyways, and are only interested in false-issues such as abortion or gay marriage, which aren't even on the table in the first place since the Constitution makes it pretty clear that the government has no place in calling those shots as they are highly religious issues (remember separation of church vs state?).

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
The right is still going to ignore him.

That isn't too big of a surprise though, for obvious reasons.

This is the same group of people that will scream up and down that abortion is murder, and claim to be pro-life.
Then they turn around and demand we bomb various foreign nations to rubble.

Neo-conservatism is a very bizarre doctrine of belief.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Old white people are the backbone of the republican party voter block. Rp and his message of abolishing social security and Medicare won't go over too well with those folks. Add in the kook factor of drug legalization or any of those other old video clips from the '80's of him saying things that go against good "conservative" values and you end up the same way he did all the other years he ran.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Not sure if troll attempt or just doesn't know Ron Paul that well.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

He isn't taking away any body's SS or MC. He will phase it out over many years, nobody will lose their benefits, but younger workers will have more options, and eventually SS will be gone completely. We already have a welfare system, so even if it were ended abruptly, there is still a safety net, and a safety net is all that SS was ever intended to be.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Huh? Paul's Restore America Plan protects Social Security, Veterans' benefits, Medicare, etc. It does allow for those 25 and under to opt out of SS, if that person so chooses.

As far as drug legalization goes, he wants it to be in the individual states' hands, which agrees with the Constitution. Drugs were legal until the late 1930's, ya know?! The War on Drugs is one big failure, lots of money spent, no results. There are lots of people in prison who have HARMED NO ONE (it used to be that if there was no victim, there was no crime), having been convicted for only using drug themselves. Paul is against that ESPECIALLY because there are a disproportionate amount of young black men in prison for this non-crime.

In addition, he wants to cut $1T the first year and will balance the budget his first term. He's also willing to do the job for about $40,000, which is what your average American gets paid. That's a 90% pay cut, btw!

Please do your own research and don't buy into what others tell you--including me.

Paul's Restore America Plan Press Conference:

edit on 15-11-2011 by Habit4ming because: grammar

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join