It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Questions and answers about death, enlightenment, and meditation.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

There is no goal of existence. Existence just exists. By definition, that's all it can do. There is no choice of whether or not to exist. You are existence and cannot be anything else.

So why then do you believe we exist on this plane as seperate physical beings? If there is no point, no whythen surely we would have never disconnected in the first place......?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

There is no goal of existence. Existence just exists. By definition, that's all it can do. There is no choice of whether or not to exist. You are existence and cannot be anything else.

So why then do you believe we exist on this plane as seperate physical beings? If there is no point, no whythen surely we would have never disconnected in the first place......?

Excellent question!

Now to wait to see if he will answer it, since he runs from logical questions.

Ribbit

Ps: I've already answered it many times over, in other threads but everyone wants to believe what they believe, irregardless of the facts.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The reason for disconnecting was not decided by the essence of existence known as God. There are two aspects of the universe. Formlessness (God) and Form (Mass). Form separated formlessness. And being the freedom loving quality that formlessness was, it allowed form to do so.

Separation was not demanded by God, it was demanded by mass.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

There is a the belief in an 'I' existing and 'existance' existing, this thought splits reality in two, that is the separation but it is illusionary. There is just existance. This existance is experiencing itself.
The 'disconnection' is no more than a misunderstanding
edit on 16-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The reason for disconnecting was not decided by the essence of existence known as God. There are two aspects of the universe. Formlessness (God) and Form (Mass). Form separated formlessness. And being the freedom loving quality that formlessness was, it allowed form to do so.

Interesting theory, but I don't completely agree. There is only one aspect to the universe - energy - and this encompasses both the form and the formless. The physical plane has a defined beginning, a 'time' when the energy was not divided by time and space.

There is a reason the 3D world we see around us was formed, a reason spacetime came about to divided and condense the energy. But I do not believe it was doing it for the sake of doing it. The illusions of matter space and time are the process, but not the answer.....

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

There is a the belief in an 'I' existing and 'existance' existing, this thought splits reality in two, that is the separation but it is illusionary. There is just existance. This existance is experiencing itself.

Totally agree. But on this plane there exists form, there exists time and space. Whether or not they're ultimately real or not, and don't think so. But they exist as a process for all those who exist as separate consciousnesses.

Now in this plane they have not always existed. There is a defined beginning. A time when the illusion of separateness begun. And a reason for that beginning....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The 'disconnection' is no more than a misunderstanding.

Someday, it will be the running joke of all ages, the way we used to think, about ourselves, others and the reality within which we are already emersed. it will be uproarious, the humor. How can that not happen, that laughter all bottled up within such a transparent suffering for so long....?

We'll get it eventually, no worries as they say here in Lotus Land.

edit on 16-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

What is seen is real in essence. Something is seen, seeing is happening. Whatever we are seeing is fleeting, changing, moving, always different.
When you watch the tv you see separate people and other things moving around in time and space, it is concieved as real, with depth. It is only when the tv is switched off that you can see the screen. There were no separate people and there is no depth (time and space), it was all appearing on a flat surface. You are the surface, canvas, screen on which all appearances appear. You are the only 'real' thing and without you there would be nowhere for the pictures to appear.
When you are in deep sleep it is like when the tv is off, no pictures appearing, void and empty. Even before the eyes open pictures, images start to appear, in the dreaming state. Is there any separation between you and the dream? Or is the dream all you? All the people that appear in your dreams are they 'real'? They appear as images and the images are seen/known.
There is no one but you in your experience. Whether you are dreaming or awake there is only I.
Out of this I appears all that is seen.
I never sleeps.

Rupert Spira talks through the experience of you:

youtu.be...

You say there is a defined beginning, a time when the illusion of separateness began and you want a reason for that beginning.....
How can you be so sure there was a beginning? No reason will ever be found for the beginning because no one has found the beginning, it is just an assumption.
It always has been now and it always will be now.
You and now can not appear separately. This is the 'oneness' that can not be denied.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I have just stumbled across this video, it is very funny.
Adi Da at his best:
youtu.be...

I have just posted it on another thread also.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

We exist as separate because it is natural for the absolute to pour fourth a creation. so long as we stay fixed on the material we fail to see the transcendent. Meditate and see the true self for yourself.
edit on 17-11-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I have seen the inner light, nothing you say nor how many emoticons you use could convince me differently. You have not, which is why you have no clue what I am saying. Meditate and you will see. Meditation is not just mental, it is physical and mental.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Interesting theory, but I don't completely agree. There is only one aspect to the universe - energy - and this encompasses both the form and the formless. The physical plane has a defined beginning, a 'time' when the energy was not divided by time and space.

There is a reason the 3D world we see around us was formed, a reason spacetime came about to divided and condense the energy. But I do not believe it was doing it for the sake of doing it. The illusions of matter space and time are the process, but not the answer.....

There was a singularity of dense energy/mass. The dense singularity was non-porous. All of a sudden it exploded. This was because it allowed something other than mass to penetrate it. The physical singularity of mass allowed itself to be separate from itself. That was an imbalance. It was inconsistent. The space between its now separate parts was what you could call spirit. It was pure life. It was so alive. It was love. It was purity. It was God. That spirit is still with us today. There is no empty space. The space is that.

The spirit not only caused the explosion, it served as a template for the rearrangement of the mass/energy. The spirit now penetrates nearly every fiber of what is solid. It is responsible for the animation of what you call life that is really inanimate dust possessed by life/spirit trying to behave like life/spirit.

Mass/energy is now in many forms and combinations of forms. The manifestation of these various forms is an attempt to immitate the unfamiliar non-physical spirit. It even systematically arranges itself in ways to imitate the spirit, up to the point where complex life is created with perpetuating organ systems. Those creations can only harbor the spirit for so long until the jig is up and it realizes that the physical can't measure up to the non-physical.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

edit on 16-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I = 9

M = 13
E = 5

13 + 5 = 18 = 1 + 8 = 9

I = 9
ME = 9

You are a NINE and you should watch this movie to see why Nine's aren't the truth:

www.youtube.com...

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Now in this plane they have not always existed. There is a defined beginning. A time when the illusion of separateness begun. And a reason for that beginning....

There is a defined beginning to the way it is now but prior to the Inversion, there was no beginning. So encompassing ALL Time, there is no beginning but only looking at how it is now, there is a beginning.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What is seen is real in essence. Something is seen, seeing is happening. Whatever we are seeing is fleeting, changing, moving, always different.
When you watch the tv you see separate people and other things moving around in time and space, it is concieved as real, with depth. It is only when the tv is switched off that you can see the screen. There were no separate people and there is no depth (time and space), it was all appearing on a flat surface. You are the surface, canvas, screen on which all appearances appear. You are the only 'real' thing and without you there would be nowhere for the pictures to appear.
When you are in deep sleep it is like when the tv is off, no pictures appearing, void and empty. Even before the eyes open pictures, images start to appear, in the dreaming state. Is there any separation between you and the dream? Or is the dream all you? All the people that appear in your dreams are they 'real'? They appear as images and the images are seen/known.
There is no one but you in your experience. Whether you are dreaming or awake there is only I.
Out of this I appears all that is seen.
I never sleeps.

youtu.be...

You say there is a defined beginning, a time when the illusion of separateness began and you want a reason for that beginning.....
How can you be so sure there was a beginning? No reason will ever be found for the beginning because no one has found the beginning, it is just an assumption.
You and now can not appear separately. This is the 'oneness' that can not be denied.

edit on 17-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I love how you always speak for everyone, as if We are all as ignorant as you!

There is a beginning to this, the way things are now and just because you haven't figured it out, doesn't mean others haven't and I'm kNot alone and I assume nothing!

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I have seen the inner light, nothing you say nor how many emoticons you use could convince me differently. You have not, which is why you have no clue what I am saying. Meditate and you will see. Meditation is not just mental, it is physical and mental.

I have seen the outer light, God/Source Herself in the 'flesh', and the inner light doesn't even exist in you, it lives with God/Source and is just connected to its Surrogate host that it's playing this time around.

So what you've seen is an illusion, but an illusion you suppose to see, since the wool is being pulled over your eyes to get you to see that which isn't.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Someday, it will be the running joke of all ages, the way we used to think, about ourselves, others and the reality within which we are already emersed. it will be uproarious, the humor. How can that not happen, that laughter all bottled up within such a transparent suffering for so long....?

We'll get it eventually, no worries as they say here in Lotus Land.

NewAgeMan, I've got no doubt that you are correct, for this has been the way with many long held views about the nature of our existence. As with all long held notions of existence though, some will take a little longer than others......

edit on 17/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

There was a singularity of dense energy/mass. The dense singularity was non-porous. All of a sudden it exploded. This was because it allowed something other than mass to penetrate it. The physical singularity of mass allowed itself to be separate from itself. That was an imbalance. It was inconsistent. The space between its now separate parts was what you could call spirit. It was pure life. It was so alive. It was love. It was purity. It was God. That spirit is still with us today. There is no empty space. The space is that.

You say mass is divided by spirit, as if spirit and matter are two distinct things. What divides energy/matter is spacetime. So going by your above statement are you then equating spacetime with spirit and energy/matter as something distinct from that. I don't think that's what you actually meant but this is what i would take away from it if i hadn't read other stuff you'd written.

To me, energy/matter is the spirit is the spirit. Space and time are what causes us on the physical plane to believe it is divided. They are illusory in terms of the Ultimate Truth, but to our consciousnesses as they exist in 3D they are as real as you'll ever get.

Also, assuming what you've said is correct, the question of why the dense singularity allowed spirit to permeate and separate it still stands

The spirit not only caused the explosion, it served as a template for the rearrangement of the mass/energy. The spirit now penetrates nearly every fiber of what is solid. It is responsible for the animation of what you call life that is really inanimate dust possessed by life/spirit trying to behave like life/spirit.

Mass/energy is now in many forms and combinations of forms. The manifestation of these various forms is an attempt to immitate the unfamiliar non-physical spirit. It even systematically arranges itself in ways to imitate the spirit, up to the point where complex life is created with perpetuating organ systems. Those creations can only harbor the spirit for so long until the jig is up and it realizes that the physical can't measure up to the non-physical.

This statement I like and am interested if you could expand on what your notion of 'spirit acted as a template for the arrangement of the physical plane - physical imitates spiritual. I am familiar with the whole emerald tablet/as above so below/holographic universe concept so feel free to get technical...
edit on 17/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I have just stumbled across this video, it is very funny.
Adi Da at his best:
youtu.be...

I have just posted it on another thread also.

Nice vid. And I understand exactly what you're implying. But learning not to think is an act of thinking in itself, until you reach a point where you apply these learnings as something more than an intellectual concept.

When you watch the tv you see separate people and other things moving around in time and space, it is concieved as real, with depth. It is only when the tv is switched off that you can see the screen. There were no separate people and there is no depth (time and space), it was all appearing on a flat surface. You are the surface, canvas, screen on which all appearances appear.......................

youtu.be...

I do understand. Maybe the problem is as i get it completely as an intellectual concept, and something deeper in me tells me it is true. But connecting the two into a full view of how it all is a level I am yet too reach. But I have enough to be content and happy, and to bring into my life all that i desire, which isn't much. Maybe it is not for me in this incarnation who knows. But until I reach that point I will continue to question.

This would be the big bang. Prior to that there exists no illusory separation. Prior to that the dreamer was awake. But then he slept and began to dream a reality other than that which really is. This is the beginning I speak of.....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Imagine that there is nothing but your experience. Forget just for the moment anything you have heard about the big bang being millions of years ago. Within the experience (of a day) there is the experience of no experience, it is called deep sleep. Prior to the big bang there are no 'things'. In deep sleep there are no 'things'. Yet the dreamer is there, but no dreams. There is no illusionary separation. In deep sleep there are no illusions, no images, you are not aware of existance. The dreamer is all there is but there are no dreams. 'One dreamer' before separation into 'things'.
Images, pictures appear, a dream is being experienced. This dream is not 'other' than you. The dream is being dreamed by the dreamer. Still only 'one' dreamer, nothing 'other' than dreamer with images appearing.
The images that appear make you know you are. Without the images there is a nothingness, a void, like before the big bang.
So before the big bang there is nothing (deep sleep) and after the big bang there is everything (woken up).

The images that are appearing and disappearing in front of your eyes, constantly changing (even if you don't move your eyes, sensations, noises etc are constantly changing) are doing so presently. The images are the dream but you are the 'one' dreamer. The 'one' dreamer never changes and is always present (now).
The dreamer could be labelled 'now' or 'here' as these are always where the dreamer is.
You/dreamer/now/this/here is constant. Images and pictures change. The dreamer has to be, for any 'thing' to be.
The dreamer and the dream can not be separated. The dreamer is always present with or without a dream.
What you are in deep sleep does not disappear, it is the background, the canvas for all things to appear on.
Yet no 'thing' lands upon it, it oozes forth.
You are the projector and viewer of the dream.
There are never two things. It is all you.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
There is no 'other'. Ever.
It is just assumed there is 'other', the big bang is no more than a presumption.
When you presume there is other that is the big bang.
There is nothing (you, the void, emptiness of deep sleep) and appearances are seen.
Seeing is happening.
When there is a belief in separation between the seeing and the seen, a separate you is created. This separate you has not really been created, it has been imagined. From this 'idea' of a separate 'you' the rest of the illusion is created, the world is born. Again nothing has been created but it appears that way.
What is seen is no 'thing' happening.

<< 1    3 >>

join