It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Questions and answers about death, enlightenment, and meditation.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hello, I will answer any question you have about life after death.

1.what happens when we die?

We return to the origin.

2. What is the origin?

That which is the beginning of all.

3. What is the physical proof of this?

The light in the soul is eternal.

4. How can this be known?
Through meditative experience.

5. What is this state like?
Peaceful, calm, transcending, infinite.

6. How do I know you are telling the truth?
what would I gain? I gave you enlightenment for nothing. I did not ask for a dime. You also do not know my real name, so what credit could you give me?

7.what is the practical significance of this knowledge?
Elimination of suffering and experience of true happiness.

8. How can I know it is true happiness?
You start to have a better life.

9. How so?
You are unattached to material things, you have things, but you are not affected by them.

10. You mean you still have possessions but are not bound to them?
Yes.

11.then how can you say they are yours?
They aren't.

12. Then what happiness do you get from them?
None.

13. Then where does your happiness come from?
My spirit.

14. What is that like? Tell me in exact detail.
In exact detail, the joy of the self is ever abiding, it is the same everyday of the year, is untouched by season or darkness, it is the conscious self within.

15. I know I am a person, so what does this have to do with anything?
You do not know that you are more than a person. You are a spirit that has conscious powers over matter. Such as your ability to comprehend the abstract such as time. You have a mind.

16. But isnt the mind just a chemical reaction?
The mind is attached to physical consciousness but there is a higher state of the mind.

17. Can you show me?
The mind reacts to sensory perception and triggers a reflexive action which can be said to be a thought which the individual either wills into action or suppresses, a complete and total act of suppression unites the two powers of the mind into one state of steadiness.

18. So what should I be thinking when I meditate?
Neither think nor not think, unite the mind by combining it's subjective and objective sides together.

19. What does this produce?
A light, a pure thought independent of physical form, going too far you come to nothing, pausing slightly and retreating back, baked in this light, you have enlightenment, an eternal bliss.

edit on 15-11-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

20. How do you know this bliss survives death?
In life, this bliss can be experienced, and it can be felt as an immaterial spirit. Union with it produces out of body experiences, thus it is outside of body.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

What is the goal of existence? What happens if it is not attained? Do we have choice, free will, to choose are existence?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ahh nice try...

BUT

Maybe read a little more, check out Dr Michael Newton on youtube
Try some '___'

Then you can come back a post a thousand questions and maybe 20 answers.
edit on 15-11-2011 by foundthetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iggy50

What is the goal of existence? What happens if it is not attained? Do we have choice, free will, to choose are existence?

The goal of existence is to realize this spirit and freely create.
If it is not obtained we are less free and less happy.
Free will is dependent upon our own sense of liberty. Not everyone is equally as free.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If the goal of existence is in free experiential expression, does it matter what or why?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If the goal of existence is in free experiential expression, does it matter what or why?

The truth is that the authentic existent is free. What we do with this is up to us. That is our choice, to embrace or ignore this truth. When we know this truth, then our mind is free to reason out the truth for all situations, guided by the principle of self.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Your description of 'the origin' is nothing but annoying

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
Your description of 'the origin' is nothing but annoying

All that matters is if it is true or false, personal distaste does not change it's eternal nature.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Mmm ... in the presence of that which the word 'enlightenment' points to there are no answers, for all questions of the mind are moot.

But questions have their use ... insofar that after enough have been asked and answered and one realizes that nothing has been achieved, the mind quest fades allowing for the rest to proceed as intended, sans the seeker.

You are that which you seek.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Isn't truth a conclusion based on attachment and judgement and illusory? Wouldn't existence in essence be the eternal expression of all regardless of any choice or any result? Wouldn't any surmised goal or elevated expression of self be illusory?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

In exact detail, the joy of the self is ever abiding, it is the same everyday of the year, is untouched by season or darkness, it is the conscious self within.

This doesn't sound enjoyable.

Without clouds what is a sunny day?

The point of this life is to embrace and experience all of the carnal pleasures and pains that this existence can offer. Why would I want to short-circuit that and obtain surreal bliss and miss out on my experiences here as a human being?

I believe you are onto something, and I believe we are supposed to reach the level of enlightenment you describe, but I also believe if we reach it, we lose the need for this physical body and we abandon it. Isn't that what Buddha did?

So, it appears your journey is incomplete. While you are still here, please take the time to enjoy the experience..... even the pain. One thing all humans crave is emotion. The craving can be filled with adrenaline, love, depression, elation, or physical pain and pleasure, but it must be filled. If you are still inhabiting your physical body, then put it to good use!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Without the will/self you could not enjoy a sunny or cloudy day. With the will you can enjoy both.

Just because you gain enlightenment does not mean you leave your body. I'm here, aren't I? Experiencing the pleasure and pain.

The buddha taught for 40 years after he gained enlightenment, but we each go our own way, just because a buddha does something does not make it the best.

I put my body to use by teaching others who will listen.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Isn't truth a conclusion based on attachment and judgement and illusory? Wouldn't existence in essence be the eternal expression of all regardless of any choice or any result? Wouldn't any surmised goal or elevated expression of self be illusory?

The eternal is that which is true regardless of what someone thinks of it. the nature principle acts regardless of the will of the creatures in it. This principle is the goal all things, as like a circle, from god to god, all as one, the true nature of all things, and hence the true self of all.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

How can I materialize objects (instantly)?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Great answer, but I'm still skeptical of the "pleasure" of everyday being the same?

I agree our "self" can obtain happiness from either the clouds or the sun, but I don't like the idea of everyday being the same.

I do understand the "choice" to stay and teach even after reaching enlightenment. I believe it was first a "choice" to inhabit this body at all. But, that is exactly the reason I am skeptical of living in an enlightened state. It seems to cheat you out of the whole human experience, and that was the purpose for choosing this life to begin with.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

If there is an implied goal of a nature principle, wouldn't that also imply a finite expression of the soul, a celiing, an ultimate imperitive?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

This doesn't sound enjoyable.

Without clouds what is a sunny day?

The point of this life is to embrace and experience all of the carnal pleasures and pains that this existence can offer. Why would I want to short-circuit that and obtain surreal bliss and miss out on my experiences here as a human being?

I believe you are onto something, and I believe we are supposed to reach the level of enlightenment you describe, but I also believe if we reach it, we lose the need for this physical body and we abandon it. Isn't that what Buddha did?

So, it appears your journey is incomplete. While you are still here, please take the time to enjoy the experience..... even the pain. One thing all humans crave is emotion. The craving can be filled with adrenaline, love, depression, elation, or physical pain and pleasure, but it must be filled. If you are still inhabiting your physical body, then put it to good use!

I gotta agree with getreadyalready, I consider myself 'aware' to a certain degree, but sometimes I why would people would want to completely absolve themselves in enlightenment when maybe all they should aim for in this life is happiness and peace. We have come to this physical incarnation for a reason. Revell in it with. Though, obviously a completely ego-based life is also not ideal. Enlightenment is an inevitable process which will eventually come to all in time. But the journey is just as important.

And while I love your sentiments most of them just sound like nothing but new-age catch phrases. Those on your level already understand and so writing them is not necessary, but to everyone it sounds like something you'd read on the back of a Hallmark card and will fly right over their heads.

Also did you really just equate yourself with Buddha just before? Buddha chose to stay and teach after he reached enlightenment. Are you saying that you too are at the level where you could consciously absolve into the love-light of of the Source merely by choice........?
edit on 15/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Great answer, but I'm still skeptical of the "pleasure" of everyday being the same?

I agree our "self" can obtain happiness from either the clouds or the sun, but I don't like the idea of everyday being the same.

I do understand the "choice" to stay and teach even after reaching enlightenment. I believe it was first a "choice" to inhabit this body at all. But, that is exactly the reason I am skeptical of living in an enlightened state. It seems to cheat you out of the whole human experience, and that was the purpose for choosing this life to begin with.

I understand what you are saying, everyone has a path, things come in their right time. Maybe it was OP time to stop all the up and downs, maybe he is done with duality and wanted/was ready to try to live in a stable emotional state. After knowing all the human emotions, maybe there comes a time when you just want and are ready to stop it and live in a calm, loving and peaceful way, emotionally free from the temporary uncontrollable things of life.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The truth is, you don't have a clue what the truth is!

First, you don't go back to origin because your soul never left origin. Your soul cannot exist outside origin so it's only connected to your person, it does not reside within you. Your person exists because it is powered by a soul for without the Souls powering life, life doesn't exist.
Evolution is utter rubbish.

So when your surrogate dies, you wake up back at Source.

As to the rest, if Source is wrong, the rest is usually wrong and you started off wrong and continued down the same road!

Meditation is mental, thus, prone for error, as you have clearly proven.

Ribbit

edit on 15-11-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

There is no goal of existence. Existence just exists. By definition, that's all it can do. There is no choice of whether or not to exist. You are existence and cannot be anything else.

However, I believe you will find, perhaps maybe only in death, that existence is most desirable and that you wouldn't want to not exist. I say only in death because in death you become pure unadulterated existence. This state is what you would call heaven. You'll be eternally grateful.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join