It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Jacques Costeau saw at the bottom of Lake Tahoe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
the mid 1970’s renowned french oceanographer, Jacques Cousteau, supposedly lead an expedition to explore the depths of Lake Tahoe. While submerged in the lake Cousteau reportedly had an encounter with something so terrifying that he refused to reveal any information to the public on what he had seen. Sources close to Cousteau quoted him as saying “The world is not ready for what is down there!” To make matters worse, Cousteau never revealed any of his data or film footage regarding what may be the most important and incredible freshwater encounter by a known expert in the field of Marine Biology.

What did he encounter at the bottom of Lake Tahoe that would lead him to such a reaction? Unfortunately Jacques Cousteau has since passed away, taking with him all evidence of what he saw in Lake Tahoe. Could it be an unknown animal to science?

or maybe this?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I like the idea but isn't R'lyeh meant to be in the Pacific ? Guess old H.P.Lovecraft could have been wrong though

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

I had never heard this before!! I will now have to play google-fu and do a little digging.

Thanks!!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow. That was hillarrious

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Link to source please. Not a funky photo either, a viable news story...bet ya can't provide one.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ok so I gives you the star and flag because, Jack Gusto was the man, he was the water Chuck Norris.
For that reason alone I do not think that Jack would have been skeered of anything.
BTW 100 golden internet points to the first one to tell me where Jack Gusto (the name) came from.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Jacques Cousteau never went to the bottom of Lake Tahoe. And there are no crazy portals to other dimensions or crazy monsters in Tahoe.

This myth has gone around in a few different incarnations in the past, one even says it was Jacques' brother or something. Both false.

My source: Reno/Tahoe resident 17 yrs n counting

I'll find 'legitimate' sources if you want.
edit on 11/14/2011 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This guy is obviously joking come on now people!! Just a funny guy making a silly thread with a silly pic at the end!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
While submerged in the lake Cousteau reportedly had an encounter with something so terrifying that he refused to reveal any information to the public on what he had seen. Sources close to Cousteau quoted him as saying “The world is not ready for what is down there!”

So old Jaques, was was an ocean explorer that "discover" something outstanding, and his response to that was... "the world is not ready for what is down there"..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edit on 14-11-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

What did Jacques Costeau saw at the bottom of Lake Tahoe?

Uhhhm.... was it a two-by-four?

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Underwater tiger?

Putin in a sub?

Van Damme training?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Link a source please. And if you cannot then I highly doubt your claim.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracySquid7
Link a source please. And if you cannot then I highly doubt your claim.

If you would have googled some frases of his post you would have found this:
Google Search Results

And you would have found this:
www.unknownexplorers.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Ok so I gives you the star and flag because, Jack Gusto was the man, he was the water Chuck Norris.
For that reason alone I do not think that Jack would have been skeered of anything.
BTW 100 golden internet points to the first one to tell me where Jack Gusto (the name) came from.

I actually looked it up, and my conclusion is......the first name is french (as is he), and I'm assuming the last name came from his father (as his parents names are Cousteau as well.).
...could be missing something, but I'm pretty sure he has had that name since birth.
And how did I know that was going to be a pic of Chatullu.

edit on 15-11-2011 by PutAQuarterIn because: add

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

It seems nobody else has a guess, it was Fred Sanford from sanford and son!
he called Jaques, "Jack Gusto".

50 golden internet points to you for participation however.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Perhaps Rosey Oh Donald! in a thong?

Originally posted by Picollo30
the mid 1970’s renowned french oceanographer, Jacques Cousteau, supposedly lead an expedition to explore the depths of Lake Tahoe. While submerged in the lake Cousteau reportedly had an encounter with something so terrifying that he refused to reveal any information to the public on what he had seen. Sources close to Cousteau quoted him as saying “The world is not ready for what is down there!” To make matters worse, Cousteau never revealed any of his data or film footage regarding what may be the most important and incredible freshwater encounter by a known expert in the field of Marine Biology.

What did he encounter at the bottom of Lake Tahoe that would lead him to such a reaction? Unfortunately Jacques Cousteau has since passed away, taking with him all evidence of what he saw in Lake Tahoe. Could it be an unknown animal to science?

or maybe this?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
Perhaps Rosey Oh Donald! in a thong?

no, that would have turned him to stone.
No human could withstand that horror.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I have heard rumors from the locals that say there are hundreds of perfectly preserved bodies of workers from china that have been down there for over a hundred years. I don't know if this is true, but maybe someone here has heard the same thing? The story is that this was how they got rid of the bodies of people who died, did not work hard enough, or were unneeded after jobs were complete. I don't know, but This is what the locals said he found when he went down there. I heard this story about eight years ago, when on a short visit, otherwise I have never heard of his expedition.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join