It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There’s a Time Warp in my Shower

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Another one for the looney section. How could there be a time warp or a time loop I mean its........ Another one for the looney section. How could there be a time warp or a time loop I mean its........ Another one for the looney section. How could there be a time warp or a time loop I mean its........ Another one for the looney section. How could there be a time warp or a time loop I mean its........ Another one for the looney section. How could there be a time warp or a time loop I mean its........ Another one for the looney section. How could there be a time warp or a time loop I mean its........ Another one for the looney section. How could there be a time warp or a time loop I mean its........ Another one for the looney section. How could there be a time warp or a time loop I mean its........ Another one for the looney section. How could there be a time warp or a time loop I mean its........ Another one for the looney section. How could there be a time warp or a time loop I mean its........ Another one for the looney section.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

You've created an energy vortex with your intent of thought and meditation while in the shower. when you are drawing from the space inside of yourself to give you answers.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Yes. Experienced both of these. Unsure of how it operates fully, but, I've found that if you condense your movements down to thier bare minimum (a bit Tai Chi), your thought gets more economical, and vice versa...I know, sounds silly...but after doing this I always get remarks about how quickly I get things done...i also surprise myself on the little time taken...that's time compression I guess...

The opposite end of the scale is the floating time effect...when my thoughts wander, or I purposely zonk out (a bit meditational), time seems to pass quite slowly...what may have felt like 5 hours, was really 1 hour...

There's more to it than just mind over matter...I've found the feeling very hard to explain (on the floating effect)...the compression effect is always noticed by other people...so I'm quite sure there is something going on there, given that I am not the only one who notices it.

Sound familiar?

Akushla

I used to dance at clubs. Wait that doesn't quite sound right lol. Back in my raver days me and a few buddies used to dance on the stage in front of the DJ to pump up the crowd. We'd do this in return for free entry and backstage passes. This was many many moons ago keep in mind. Now I'm not going to lie, I wasn't a total straight edge so everything is (as it always is) a little subjective.

But I was fairly good as instead of doing rehearsed moves I let something within me takeover. And being up there with the energy of the crowd focused on you could make a 7 minute piece last an eternity. But I continue to dance (ususally in my own bedroom) and now I'm all responsible and all i do have a completely clear head.

But I still notice the same effects you can have on the perception of time. Not just yours but on those around you as well.

Tai Chi is something I've always wanted to try....

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Well...yeah...dancing is another one of those 'meditative' things, isn't it?

The water 'thing' is the rush of negative ions created by water, and running water specifically...that stuff (while I haven't 'Goopled' it), should be easy to find as a search item...waterfalls, lakes, beaches, showers, fountains, forests (especially rain forests)...another correlation is in Chinese Feng Shui...although, I think the effect is more location based in this practice, but I think water is supposed to be generally 'auspicious'...may be that, there is a link?
I learnt the, much maligned, TM technique (you know, the one the Beatles did)...if you've never meditated, its well worth the small cash outlay...it is process driven, and if you follow the steps, you do not fail...anyway, one of the tests while learning it, relates specifically to the extending of time...the amount of it seeming longer than it was...the 'zone' is somehow similiar to other pursuits in which the time becomes 'extended', like when dancing, walking, running...
I notice that several posters have 'sensibly' put this all down to 'perception' of time...which I actually agree with to a certain extent with the extension of time thing...but, when its not only my perception that is noticing it, there is something else happening (and there will probably be an equally 'sensible' response to this)...but then, why would people mention it?

Akushla

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

This has happened countless times in any number of worlds gone by. Life itself becomes very odd and abnormal
when its sun begins to go supernova. Time will soon begin even to communicate and respond to our demands.
We will then and only then be able to transverse between the past and the present.Time travel.

A pleasant fiction.

DaggyZ

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

The looney section.

edit on 14-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Well...yeah...dancing is another one of those 'meditative' things, isn't it?

The water 'thing' is the rush of negative ions created by water, and running water specifically...that stuff (while I haven't 'Goopled' it), should be easy to find as a search item...waterfalls, lakes, beaches, showers, fountains, forests (especially rain forests)...another correlation is in Chinese Feng Shui...although, I think the effect is more location based in this practice, but I think water is supposed to be generally 'auspicious'...may be that, there is a link?
I learnt the, much maligned, TM technique (you know, the one the Beatles did)...if you've never meditated, its well worth the small cash outlay...it is process driven, and if you follow the steps, you do not fail...anyway, one of the tests while learning it, relates specifically to the extending of time...the amount of it seeming longer than it was...the 'zone' is somehow similiar to other pursuits in which the time becomes 'extended', like when dancing, walking, running...
I notice that several posters have 'sensibly' put this all down to 'perception' of time...which I actually agree with to a certain extent with the extension of time thing...but, when its not only my perception that is noticing it, there is something else happening (and there will probably be an equally 'sensible' response to this)...but then, why would people mention it?

Akushla

Unfortunately I think I may have an undiagnosed case of ADHD and accordingly I've never been to successful at meditation or anything that requires long periods of concentration. Although I've never taken proper classes before so maybe I should give it a try. This is however is why I like dancing. It is a time you can become one with your body and let your mind flow from there. I have no issues doing it without music although I'm guessing it would look pretty strange if ever I did it in public. Possibly is I were to sneak into the middle of a pack of Tai Chi-ers it may be okay

What you said about the properties of water is interesting, and it has some amazing physical properties which make life possible. If you're interested in looking further into the the metaphysical side of water you may well have heard of the work of Dr. Masaru Emoto and his studies into how human consciousness can effect water molecules.

But there's one guy very few people have heard of - the Austrian Water Wizard, Victor Schauberger who lived in the early part of last century. His work and theories about water are amazing and hard to sum up in a short post. But he supposedly went on to develop flying saucers that work on 'Earth Energy' and all sorts of other inventions. He was forced to work for the Nazi's for a while and at the end of WWII all his work and prototypes were confiscated by US Intelligence Agents.
edit on 14/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

While I understand the general behaviours of ADHD...I'm no expert...anti-concentration is required in TM, essentially a process focussing on floating, or more to the point, sinking slowly down into brain waves accessed only under certain conditions...the process mimics the steps towards creating these conditions, and as a consequence attaining these brain states. It can be done (TM) anywhere, where you can shut your eyes...
Sounds like the dancing is doing it for you!

I read about both these people years ago, forgot them naturally, but the correspondences remain.
The Schauberger stuff always reminded me a little of Tesla, and as with him, his theories and/or discoveries are only ever mentioned by lunatics! Joke!

I've scoped quite a few threads on time shifts, which piqued my interest...since I've had one or two of these over the years. The time compression thing is a work on progress (I appreciated your explanation of your way through it...it's probably more complicated than you've explained, like mine). Explaining it to people makes me sound a bit OCD, but, the bits and pieces of it, the details are important for the effect to happen and for others to notice (not that this is the reason I do it)...

Akushla

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I also believe that it has more to do with your perception of time. No individual has the "ability" to speed or slow time. However, our environment has the potential to influence our perception of it. Have you ever heard the expression, "time flies when you're having fun"? Similarly based soley on our will, it can appear to slow as well. The only proven method of slowing/speeding time is through time dilation, which only account for two objects with different velocities.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In addition to what I just said, time dilation doesn't change your perception of time, but only the perception of the difference in time between the two velocities.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I dunno about a time warp but I can tell you one thing.
My hot water boiler has been broken for a week.
It just got fixed.
I feel dead.
The hot bath I'm about to take?
Well wait and see if I'm resurrected.

I'll come back with the reports...maybe...

Great thread!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A few weeks ago some friends of mine kept going on about a legal research chemical that was available online that gave the effect of time being stopped, And wanted me to try it with them so i went home did alot of research and read other peoples experiences of it and decided to take the risk. All i can say is time did stop but it was the strangest and scariest time of my life, the 4 hour peak seemed to last maybe 2 days i dunno a very long time though.we had music playing in the background and each 5 minute track seemed to play for over an hour! i wont go into detail but me and my friends all thought we were dead through most of it, Either dead or had gone completely crazy, it was like been stuck inside my head and being so confused i couldnt speak and when i did i couldnt remeber what id said a second after i said it. it is definately not worth the risk as each one of us has nearly complete memory loss of that night we only remember what our sober friends told us happend and the odd bit here and there!
I DONT RECOMMEND ANY RESEARCH CHEMICALS TO ANY BODY THEY ARE DANGEROUS AND I WAS STUPID!!!!!!
p.s If you want to perceive time as going slower look at your watch every five minutes or so and the days will take forever

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
please delete my post if its innappropriate, i dont know how??

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I just visualize what i want an future occurrence to unfold as and it usually follows those guidelines, influencing the events around me is fun.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Use a stopwatch when starting showering and see how much time has elapsed when you're done. Simple solution to convince yourself you're just having fun
and really spending close to 30.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by himalayanhermit
Use a stopwatch when starting showering and see how much time has elapsed when you're done. Simple solution to convince yourself you're just having fun
and really spending close to 30.

Depending on how much fun i have I could probably cut it down to 3 minutes max. No stopwatch necessary.....

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by z1ppo45
A few weeks ago some friends of mine kept going on about a legal research chemical that was available online that gave the effect of time being stopped, And wanted me to try it with them so i went home did alot of research and read other peoples experiences of it and decided to take the risk. All i can say is time did stop but it was the strangest and scariest time of my life, the 4 hour peak seemed to last maybe 2 days i dunno a very long time though.we had music playing in the background and each 5 minute track seemed to play for over an hour! i wont go into detail but me and my friends all thought we were dead through most of it, Either dead or had gone completely crazy, it was like been stuck inside my head and being so confused i couldnt speak and when i did i couldnt remeber what id said a second after i said it. it is definately not worth the risk as each one of us has nearly complete memory loss of that night we only remember what our sober friends told us happend and the odd bit here and there!
I DONT RECOMMEND ANY RESEARCH CHEMICALS TO ANY BODY THEY ARE DANGEROUS AND I WAS STUPID!!!!!!

Makes me wonder what they were researching. I could see how someone would want to develop a drug such as this, although I'm not sure the acting dead/crazy thing would really lend it to be particularly useful. Personally I think I'll stick to tried and true vices

A 5 minute track lasting an hour...... just purely out of interest did the music sound all deep and slowed down like when you play a song on a dodgy tape player, or was it something else?

p.s If you want to perceive time as going slower look at your watch every five minutes or so and the days will take forever

Well it definitely works when i'm at work lol

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigmeister
In addition to what I just said, time dilation doesn't change your perception of time, but only the perception of the difference in time between the two velocities.

I do get completely what you said in both your posts. But there's more to this universe than just that which can be seen or measured. And the human mind can affect much more than merely what lies within the confines of your skin.....

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I personally understand that time is psychological and hence when one goes to sleep, the ratio to normal waking consciousness to sleep state is 5:25, hence 25 mins of sleep equals 5 minutes of conscious waking time etc. So there we have it we are actually warping time at least 8 hours of everyday for most of us...lol

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

While I understand the general behaviours of ADHD...I'm no expert...anti-concentration is required in TM, essentially a process focussing on floating, or more to the point, sinking slowly down into brain waves accessed only under certain conditions...the process mimics the steps towards creating these conditions, and as a consequence attaining these brain states. It can be done (TM) anywhere, where you can shut your eyes...
Sounds like the dancing is doing it for you!

Its the whole 'slowing of the mind' thing I have issues with, at least when I consciously try it. But I've actually got a feeling that guided meditation would actually probably help this. One day in the future I will be trying this.

I read about both these people years ago, forgot them naturally, but the correspondences remain.
The Schauberger stuff always reminded me a little of Tesla, and as with him, his theories and/or discoveries are only ever mentioned by lunatics! Joke!

His insights with water did seem to me very interesting. If i remember (it has been quite a while as well) he gained them while working as a forester and studied the behaviour of trout in cold water streams. Everything beyond that did seem a little left field but if both the nazi's and US intellignece had an interest then quite possibly he was on to something.....

I've scoped quite a few threads on time shifts, which piqued my interest...since I've had one or two of these over the years. The time compression thing is a work on progress (I appreciated your explanation of your way through it...it's probably more complicated than you've explained, like mine). Explaining it to people makes me sound a bit OCD, but, the bits and pieces of it, the details are important for the effect to happen and for others to notice (not that this is the reason I do it)...

Akushla

Time and space and the nature of both do really interest me but I do have a real hard time getting my head around anything which isn't obviously logical. Time shifts, multiple timelines and to lead on from there multiple realities don't sit comfotably with me at the moment as I can not conceptually conceive how they would occur.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
I personally understand that time is psychological and hence when one goes to sleep, the ratio to normal waking consciousness to sleep state is 5:25, hence 25 mins of sleep equals 5 minutes of conscious waking time etc. So there we have it we are actually warping time at least 8 hours of everyday for most of us...lol

No wonder all those disturbing sex dreams I had as a teenager never seemed to end.

Shame you can't remember most of what you dream though. Spending 40 hours a day in a fantasy world of your minds own making seems like a very cool way to pass ones time. Especially if you're apt at lucid dreaming....

<< 1  2    4 >>

join