It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Benton: CBS treatment of Ron Paul DISGRACEFUL.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Its funny how people point the finger at everyone but the republican party regarding Ron Paul. CBS did it, CNN did it...please....the republicans are doing it. They are not nominating him because they don't share his views.

If he truly cared about US politics and the country he will run as an independant and win. Otherwise he is just being pushed around and allowing himself to be pushed around. If that's the case he would be a weak leader.

If he fights for what he knows he is right, he will go independant and fight for the presidency.

Don't give him too much kudos until you see him fight hard. Right now he is just a lot of talk, no action at all.

I've seen potential leaders talk the big talk before havent you? Then they get into power and all that talk falls by the wayside due to how the government is run. Don't believe the hype, believe action.

I am tired of Ron Paul being treated like a messiah without ever having to do anything but talk about how he will fix everything. While he is smart and has great ideas I have yet to see him fight for them hard enough to be noticed and nominated.

Seems he is there just as a distraction. While it seems his party is against him, I have a feeling their working together towards a common goal.

Who can really know though, we only know what we hear.
edit on 13-11-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i heard this guy say the best way to make the msm pay is cut down all their broadcast towers.he said each one is worth 2 million dollars and it takes over a year to manufacture and build.he said all one has to do is cut the middle wire one side and the tower would fold and also destroy the antennae at the same time.if all were cut down it would bring the msm to their knees.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I've just posted this on another thread, but now see it belongs here. I've pasted it here due to my own laziness.

I've never supported a Republican candidate, and I don't see that changing any time soon, BUT......honestly, even I have noticed how this man is slighted.

The other night on CNN, John King was going through multiple states with charts showing the positions of each one. Like "Romney coming in first here, with Perry coming in last:, blah, blah, going through them all, with each candidate holding a different rank in each of the states.

It did not matter whether Paul was second, or last, or third or fourth. King NEVER said his name. Not once.
He skipped over Paul's name every single time. I swear I wanted to post something on the website to ask him why. I've always kinda liked John King, but this obvious slight made me like him a little less.

Anyway, It ain't right I tell ya.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by robyn

If I ever see anyone watching CBS I'll tell them I don't watch that channel because its too political in a big-corporation kind of way for my taste and they are trying to push their views on people.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So the media elected Obama and they think they can pick who will run against him too.

Everywhere I'm seeing more people becoming more lucid about media bias and I'm glad to see it but I'm not sure if it will be enough one year from now. It's about time the media gets the kick in the pants that's been coming to them.

So say Paul loses the nomination, and decides against running independently (I have heard he is not intending to.)

I'll write him in, and my family plans to do so too.

In the meantime I'm gonna try to maintain what little hope I have for our country.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Bump from the UK.....Not that you need it your front page..

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Someone commented above, that we need to basically forcibly open peoples eyes to Dr Paul's message.

If the MSM insists on this approach, Then WE MUST fight fire with fire.

I have tried to explain it like this to people.... Its almost an accepted part of life nowadays, that politicians lie, everyone agrees society has some major failings, and is in a bad way.

We can all see/hear for ourselves, the same drivel being spouted, by both party's, and all but one candidate, Herein our chance lays, Please, as a loving, caring fellow human being, answer my request for your help, give this consistent, humble man, who dares to address the real, and difficult questions,

A chance, to deliver on his promises, at absolute worst, this will result in no more dire of a situation than we currently face, but at best (and with open eyes, what will/should be, all things fair) Ron Paul as President, will open up the Golden age, long promised to us.

Freedom would be experienced truly again, Issues would be resolved with Honest policy, war and violence would at least half, business would thrive, morals and community would return, and minority's would be individuals.

By voting Ron Paul, we chance losing nothing, and will gain everything, by voting status quo, we gain nothing, AND WILL LOSE EVERYTHING, THIS IS IT, IT MATTERS NOW, DON'T ASSUME OTHER PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DO YOU WORK, MANY WILL ASSUME THE SAME, WE NEED YOU, NOW.

Please, explain to everyone you know, point out unemployment, rising prices, immigration, unjust wars, bank bail outs, the failed war on drugs (while the CIA brings coke and heroin in the back door, explain its been admitted they were behind the 90's cheap crack boom). And then explain how and why Ron Paul would do it differently.

Sorry to go off on one, COME ON PRESIDENT PAUL

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

If he truly cared about US politics and the country he will run as an independant and win.

Don't give him too much kudos until you see him fight hard. Right now he is just a lot of talk, no action at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
As a side note, I just had an idea.

A poster above suggested using public access TV, to try to give more Americans Dr Paul's (Liberty's) timeless message, the point was made possibly not many citizens watch public access any more.

I am sure some of you are aware of Max Keiser, from Russia today's Keiser's Report?

I assume Mr Keiser (or Russia today) has not got a large mainstream audience in the U.S.

I know Dr Paul's campaign, has many talented media producers, it may be worth starting a regular "Comedy Finance show" or if not comedy, some other niche, just to grab and hold first time watchers, long enough to get the real truth across, I mentioned Max Keiser, as from his stated views (basically advocating a new French Revolution, Worldwide), He may be persuaded to contribute, he has sound research, and good sources, he is not afraid to tell it how it is, and he obviously knows his stuff.

Maybe I am being Naive, (I am aware that Russia today is just as bias, at the other end of the spectrum) but thinking about it, I am of the opinion, that it is probably in the Kremlin's interest for Dr Paul to win, I don't think they like any of the U.S.A's policy, anymore than we do........

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

The youtube "watched" number is not accurate in real time. It is a database limitation especially when lots of views are happening simultaneously. It takes a bit before the system can update the views number because it has to wait on database inserts to complete. This happens with most popular videos, even the ones that TBTB have zero interest in. No conspiracy at youtube lols.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Its time to "Occupy Paul".

He needs as much support as he can get right now.

Thats one man that can bring change and all the fat cats know it.

Thats why they are trying to keep him away.

We all know whats going on.

These television stations better get their ____together, real fast.

You gave me an idea. What if legions of Ron Paul supporters gathered outside every local news station with campaign signs and tents, and relentlessly called their newsrooms for coverage. I have found that local news stations are less inclined to skew he news so far to the left. I wonder if they'd get ignored. How about those morning shows in NYC with the windows behind them? Some Ron Paul supporters out there need to start acting on ideas and raise RP's visibility to the sheep who aren't aware that he's kicking ass and taking names.

edit on 13-11-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What do you expect from the eye?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ron Paul billboard

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I don't understand it either, I seriously thought that tonight was going to be the night when Dr. Paul threw all of his papers up in the air and just walked off the stage, like F this.
reply to post by Diplomat

I am pretty sure this is what they are waiting for. To push and push this guy until he cracks so they can justify their behaviour. He needs to keep plugging away, he has enough support from the people if only they would get out and convince others he will be not only a worthy President, but someone the country needs to make any real and effective change.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by Diplomat

Yup, Huntsman, Santorum, and Bachmann all got more questions and talk time than Ron Paul, they all poll MUCH lower than Ron.

If that isn't biased, unfair, unbalanced, I don't know what is...

its hilarious..what they are doing is going to backfire...and only if they literally RIG the POLLS would Ron Paul not do well

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I have finally found the juxtaposition of this eternal Ron Paul debate to much.
There have been regular accusations here that he is not given enough air time. Now from watching the debates it's true he gets a minimum of air time but the fact is he ideas are extreme and although there maybe support on here, and I'm not sure how large that support is, they don't seem to appeal to the majority of middle Americans.

Now i can predict the response of:

"but their just the people who have been brainwashed by the MSM who have selected that last upteen leaders of the NWO, Illuminati or whatever"

He may lead polls here or even during debates, much like Nick Clegg did in the UK, but the reality is people aren't going to vote for him not because they are told what to do, but because his views are to far to the right of most people. The whole discussion feels like the Elenin issue and when he doesn't win you'll all cry foul, just like when Elenin didn't breech the horizon those believers moved on to something else.

He will not win any key primaries next year because people will naturally migrate back to the center of the political ground as it safer. This movement to the center is not because they are brainwashed but a natural instinct to go back to the safer option.

So Ron Paul gets no air time you all cry foul and say it's outside influence. In response suggestions begin to fly suggesting the 'people' mainly ATS members take the fight to the MSM. By taking this course of actions those 'people' become as 'corrupt' as the MSM for influencing the political outcome.

This topic starts well and then dives into an attack on the political elites. Can people not accept nobody is going to vote for him.

I expected to be flamed for this but i think ATS has become full of sheep and this Ron Paul topic is a prime example.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RebelHawkeye
a natural instinct to go back to the safer option
There are a lot of voters who will vote for anyone who is not Obama. Thinkers are the minority. I've concluded there are a lot of people who are operating within a short time frame and with little depth. They are easily fooled and manipulated. If I were a dishonest man, I could become legally rich off of them.

By taking this course of actions those 'people' become as 'corrupt' as the MSM for influencing the political outcome.
People are supposed to fight for their candidates.

dives into an attack on the political elites.
Yes, we shouldn't discriminate. All elites should be attacked.

I expected to be flamed for this but i think ATS has become full of sheep and this Ron Paul topic is a prime example.
My mindset is far away from Libertarianism, but I have noticed Paul being shoved under the rug.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
CBS shows once again why it and the rest of the MM is viewed like the scum they truely are.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I noticed one thing tonight that I actually did like about Mitt Romney. He was told his time ran out and he didnt just shut up and take it. He argued and pointed out that his time had not run out and was able to continue speaking. This is what Ron Paul needs to do. When he is only asked 2 questions during a 90 minute debate he needs to start speaking out while other people are answering questions. He needs to start demanding that he be shown equal treatment and pointing out that he only had 90 seconds to speak. And if that doesnt work, he needs to walk off stage and show that he will not put up with it anymore. Why? If Paul walked off stage the media would be forced to cover it. Any coverage is better than zero coverage at this point.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
I noticed one thing tonight that I actually did like about Mitt Romney. He was told his time ran out and he didnt just shut up and take it. He argued and pointed out that his time had not run out and was able to continue speaking. This is what Ron Paul needs to do. When he is only asked 2 questions during a 90 minute debate he needs to start speaking out while other people are answering questions. He needs to start demanding that he be shown equal treatment and pointing out that he only had 90 seconds to speak. And if that doesnt work, he needs to walk off stage and show that he will not put up with it anymore. Why? If Paul walked off stage the media would be forced to cover it. Any coverage is better than zero coverage at this point.

That's kind of what I was thinking. If at some point in the debate, say after the 10th straight question away from Ron Paul, he should just toss his papers up in the air and walk off the stage.

This would be equivalent in the media to Rick Perry forgetting what he was going to say. It's trivial and irrelevant, but those are the types of things that the media and the sheep love. It would be the top story on Yahoo news when people check their email and probably go viral in general because people would think it's funny.

As you said, any coverage is better than zero coverage at this point. He's got to do SOMETHING to shake things up and get noticed.

(If Ron Paul really did walk off the stage after about 40 minutes or so what would it really matter? It's not like he got much time to speak after that anyways! lol)
edit on 11/13/2011 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join