It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Benton: CBS treatment of Ron Paul DISGRACEFUL.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RebelHawkeye
I have finally found the juxtaposition of this eternal Ron Paul debate to much.
There have been regular accusations here that he is not given enough air time. Now from watching the debates it's true he gets a minimum of air time but the fact is he ideas are extreme and although there maybe support on here, and I'm not sure how large that support is, they don't seem to appeal to the majority of middle Americans.

Now i can predict the response of:

"but their just the people who have been brainwashed by the MSM who have selected that last upteen leaders of the NWO, Illuminati or whatever"

His ideas aren't extreme, take the time to look at them yourself, maybe you're a victim of the MSM, ever thought about that? How is sound money,personal liberties, limited government, and peace....EXTREME?

The MSM telling people Paul is unelectable, fringe, extreme, what not actually does make people believe he is what they say he is. I've run into people that have told me that he is unelectable and if I asked them how that was, they couldn't answer me.

He will not win any key primaries next year because people will naturally migrate back to the center of the political ground as it safer. This movement to the center is not because they are brainwashed but a natural instinct to go back to the safer option.

Well I hope you can eventually realize you're wrong when Ron Paul wins Iowa, a key primary state. Iowa Republican panels have consistently said Ron Paul would win Iowa if the caucus took place today. His base is the strongest, the most active, organized, and energized in Iowa. Nobody is going 'back' from Ron Paul, his base of support is holding and steadily rising. People that have made up their minds about Ron Paul often don't change their minds and support him all the way. This is why his base is so strong, dedicated and organized. Oh and ATS isn't where the largest Ron Paul supporters congregate.

Take the time and click this link, look at all of the Ron Paul meetup groups out there. Don't forget to go through all 43 pages, ok?
www.meetup.com...

He may lead polls here or even during debates, much like Nick Clegg did in the UK, but the reality is people aren't going to vote for him not because they are told what to do, but because his views are to far to the right of most people. The whole discussion feels like the Elenin issue and when he doesn't win you'll all cry foul, just like when Elenin didn't breech the horizon those believers moved on to something else.

He is currenty 4th in national polls and cruises around top 2nd and third in key primary state polls. This has nothing to do with Elenin, please don't bring that here.

So Ron Paul gets no air time you all cry foul and say it's outside influence. In response suggestions begin to fly suggesting the 'people' mainly ATS members take the fight to the MSM. By taking this course of actions those 'people' become as 'corrupt' as the MSM for influencing the political outcome.

This topic starts well and then dives into an attack on the political elites. Can people not accept nobody is going to vote for him.

No, I will not accept your misguided view that nobody will vote for Ron Paul because you are simply wrong. In 2008 Ron Paul came in second place in 12 state primaries, that was with no name recognition. Wait a minute, people voted for him, not nobody. His support and voter base has quadrupled (or even more) since. So does that mean nobody will vote for him now? no it means at least 4x the amount of people are working hard for him. Whenever I walk around with my Ron Paul button or shirt I get people walk, running, biking past me, throwing their first in the air 'YEA RON PAUL' I scream back 'ARE YOU REGISTERED REPUBLICAN' they scream back, 'YEA', good enough for me. The revolution is alive and well and if you can't accept that, stay down and out of our way, we have an election to win.

I expected to be flamed for this but i think ATS has become full of sheep and this Ron Paul topic is a prime example.

Yea, you must be so proud of yourself that you're not a sheep. Thumbsup for you for being mentally strong.

edit on 13-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Down with the corrupt, controlled corporate media!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RebelHawkeye

I stopped reading when you tried to compare this to Elenin, just couldn't take you serious after that.

Their was no proof elenin was gonna hit earth, however their is plenty of proof the media is trying to black out RP and some of it is in this thread. If you are to blind or ignorant to see it thats not our problem.
edit on 13-11-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Re: The Debate.

Yeah, I got angry. 90 seconds compared to the rest

Then I calmed down. Folks, maybe we should look at the situation this way. The MSM is not ignoring Ron Paul, they're showing the sheeple how stupid and ignorant the "front runners" are. And, they are doing a darn good job, too.

If Ron Paul wins the popular vote, who is willing to travel to Washington with me to insure Congress also elects him in the electoral college?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The "news" that we all remember is now just commentary, biased to whatever channel your watching. The old news is gone along with the local news too because they are now all owned by the big companies.

They slipped that right in without anybody really noticing or caring. The majority didn't care because they found a channel that told them what they wanted to hear.

The "news" media is obviously tailoring what stories and now (when they get a chance) the actual news, like a debate, to their own liking.

The world is changing, the occupy people are on to something......

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Agreed. I switched from Independent to Republican, and so did my fiancee. Convinced my dad to vote for him in the primaries too. I'm gonna fight 110% to get him the GOP nomination.

Also volunteered to work the polls, hopefully can get a counting gig...
edit on 12-11-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

I understand switching... In states where the primaries are closed, you must be registered as a Republican to vote for Ron Paul...here is a link to some pro and con issues involved with closed/open primaries.

Arizona (where I live) has been back and forth on this issue for years. As it currently sits, here in Arizona, you can be an independent and still vote in either primary. (It's called semi-closed primary), and means you can't vote in the Libertarian primary. Link

We should all check our affiliation, and the rules of our state governing our participation in the primaries, and make sure we are ready to stand by Paul when it's time...

With your hearts and your prayers...and your vote...Bless America and her Champion Ron Paul..!
edit on 13-11-2011 by Khurzon because: clarification

edit on 13-11-2011 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't know why everyone is so surprised about CBS's atrocious treatment of Ron Paul. CBS is the most unfair, arrogant network when it comes to News. Remember Dan Rather? He totally trashed the integrity that CBS was known for during the Walter Kronkite era. Things have steadily gone downhill at CBS since. They bring in new faces for the public to see, but the demented old farts who control the "CBS culture" are still 100% in control.

What gave me a chuckle the other day was how the latest CBS Evening News anchor had to keep turning his coffee mug so that the big CBS logo would face the various camera angles. I'd rather be poor and free, than a well-paid slave of a corporation like the newscasters, sportscasters, etc..
-CWM

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm starting to get the feeling that there are AI web bots going around to different forums and such and messing with RP supporters. I actually get that feeling with a lot of the "debunking" that goes on around here too.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
As soon as RP said that the situation with Iran was almost identical to the one leading up to Iraq, I'm sure CBS, with their all-seeing eye logo, said enough with this man. He should know better not to interfere with our plans of usurping Iran.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well we all know it happened he got screwed, so why stand around just reading, we have to DO something before time runs out

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Your powers that be need a puppet with pulling strings. Like they're going to let him have airtime!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
3rd tier candidates don't get air time.

Simple.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Waaaaait just a second there big guy. So when Ron Paul got second in the Iowa straw poll, and he got no attention, that was because he was not in the "top tier". Romney, Perry, and Bachmann were all the rage back then. Now that Ron Paul is polling among the top 3, he doesn't get the attention he deserves.

Powerful people in positions of authority don't want Ron Paul to be elected. The pro-establishment candidates get tons of media attention and debate time, but not Ron Paul. He wants to end the Fed, end the wars, end the drug war, back our currency with gold, balance the budget, and actually adhere to the Constitution.

Do you realize how many incredibly powerful people that upsets? You do understand that many extremely wealthy people will be negatively affected by that, meaning that it's not in their interests, right? The constant negative portrayal of Ron Paul's positions on issues, the slanted news stories, and the full on ignoring/blacking out is a reflection of these powerful people who don't want him elected because his presidency would end their reign of secretive tyranny.

But I've seen lots of your posts on here, and I firmly believe that you're just a troll. So I won't waste any more time discussing this with you.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Although I don't vote or support any candidate I have watched each debate and this is just my general feeling about all this. I believe each candidate's podium should have a clock on the front, with say, 8:00 or 10:00 minutes or so. Each time they speak the clock starts and counts down. When they stop talking it stops as well. Easy right? Everyone, live/home audience and moderators, will be able to see the times and that might help them to balance the time a bit more between candidates. Not only that, but when a question is asked I believe everyone should have to answer it. Go right down the line. It would be more orderly and stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Its so funny when I discuss politics with people and I bring up Dr. Paul.

They say either,

"ohhh
That guy, he's weird"
or
"Who's Ron Paul?"

My question to the first response is, "Okay, what makes him seem so werid?" And without fail every F**KING time they have no answer, just a look of complete 'Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'

That proves it right F**KING there that the media has complete control on what people think!!!!
Its usless to try and educate this person as they no longer have control over their own brain, (its sad really)

My answer to the other question they have (Who's Ron Paul?) is, how much time do you have?

I would much rather have a political conversation with someone that HASNT heard of Dr.Paul, than someone who gets there political info from CNN.

oh and CARSELLER4, quit yo trollin fool
gotta love the quick hit and run troll method, at least OUTCASTSEARCHER puts alittle more effort in his trolly post. dont worry, eventually one of these days one of the newbie will believe your trash
edit on 13-11-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
We should threaten all these tv stations with a boycot if they dont stop treating ron paul like he dont exist.as soon as my directtv subscription runs out dec.1st im done with tv.I dont like it when people get disrespected.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I don't like Ron Paul but yes he was treated terrible by CBS.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
did you expect anything different?

Anything that will in any way cause a shift in consciousness within the political illusion is to censored, this has gone on for years....

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Per this article Obama Threatens Freedom of the Press illustrating "Any normal high-urgency presidential programming request would go through Nancy Tellem at CBS, Jeff Zucker at NBC, and Anne Sweeney at ABC. Tellem and Zucker happen to be personal donors to the Obama 2008 campaign" we can clearly deduce that the President of CBS Network Television, Nancy Tellem, is the clear top-down person RP supporters may wish to focus their emails towards.

After a little digging, I found her email address: Nancy Tellem: [email protected]

When I came home late last night to watch the GOP debate highlights online and realized immediately that Dr. Paul was discriminated against by the CBS programming executives, I took it to heart.

Now, not only am I going to stump from RP by committing to making 15 phone calls a day through the Official Ron Paul Campaign Phone Banking system, I am also going to backlog the CBS executives with several thousand emails from my DP friends, notifying them of full scale boycotts of their advertisers, sponsors, syndicated programming and stations, and launch a PR campaign focusing on CBS ties to military/war profiteers.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
3rd tier candidates don't get air time.

Simple.

that right there proves you know absolutely nothing about anything.

nobody has to discredit you here, you do it all by yourself, repeatedly.

show your colors, post more newt gingrish threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join