It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Benton: CBS treatment of Ron Paul DISGRACEFUL.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
It's time for Ron to start speaking up, interjecting, and calling out the moderators during the debate, in front of everyone for not giving him any time.

He gotten the shaft a few times now, and just politely sits there quietly. Time for him to demand more face time. Stop playing nice. He has nothing to lose.

Yeah... but you run the risk of coming off as just annoying. Which, for many modern American idiots, is more of a deal-breaker than any view or policy. Same idiots who vote for the better-looking candidate.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

I think the only reason they haven't assassinated RP yet is that they are caught in a bit of a catch 22 situation.

If they harm him it will be quite obvious given the media blackouts. The United States of America would then stand up in unison and begin systematically investigating every single power structure until all forms of corruption in the US are wiped off the face of the planet. That won't be good for the elite, it will seal their doom.

They have a slightly better chance blacking out Ron Paul even though their strategy is damning them the longer these debates go on, it just goes to show how desperate they are. Losing power is absolutely frightening to them.

In the end, Ron Paul wins anyhow, truth always wins.
edit on 13-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Originally posted by MysticPearl
It's time for Ron to start speaking up, interjecting, and calling out the moderators during the debate, in front of everyone for not giving him any time.

He gotten the shaft a few times now, and just politely sits there quietly. Time for him to demand more face time. Stop playing nice. He has nothing to lose.

Yeah... but you run the risk of coming off as just annoying. Which, for many modern American idiots, is more of a deal-breaker than any view or policy. Same idiots who vote for the better-looking candidate.

better to come off a bit annoying then to stand there looking clueless because you don't have the backbone to stand up like a president and say what you need to say because they need to hear it.

its amazing he even still goes up there knowing the outcome they will create for him.
because of a lack of true passion it seems he just stands and hopes they will call on him, he needs to say the right words at the right time and take control, or else they just control him like we saw.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Is there a time comparison up yet?

I want to see how much time Ron Paul got compared to the other candidates.

Edit: According to this YouTube video, here are the times:

Rick Perry:..............7.75 minutes
Mitt Romney:..........6.5 minutes
Newt Gingrich:........6.0 minutes
Herman Cain:.........5.75 minutes
Rick Santorum:.......5.25 minutes
Jon Huntsman:........3.5 minutes
Michelle Bachmann: 3.25 minutes
Ron Paul: ...............1.5 minutes

That's absurd.
edit on 11/13/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Added comments

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Ron got 90 seconds 2 questions in the official nationally televised hour of CBS' foreign policy debate.

SPARTANBURG, S.C. – Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton released the following statement concerning the CBS / National Journal Republican debate:

“Ron Paul consistently polls among the top three in the key early voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire. He is polling in double digits in most respected polls.

“Congressman Paul is ranked among the top three in fundraising results.

“Congressman Paul serves on the House Foreign Relations Committee.

blog.4president.org...

“Congressman Paul is a veteran.

“And, Congressman Paul has contrasting views on foreign policy that many Americans find worthy of inquiry and discussion.

“CBS's treatment of Congressman Paul is disgraceful, especially given that tonight’s debate centered on foreign policy and national security.

“Congressman Paul was only allocated 90 seconds of speaking in one televised hour. If we are to have an authentic national conversation on issues such as security and defense, we can and must do better to ensure that all voices are heard.

“CBS News, in their arrogance, may think they can choose the next president. Fortunately, the people of Iowa, New Hampshire, and across America get to vote and not the media elites.”

edit on 12-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

I like Ron Paul.
He tells it like it is. I haven't seen everything he has done and said, but from what i have seen, i like the way he thinks.
So sad to see how the mass media in the world works today. Money and Power has corrupted so many things and has suppressed many opportunities for a better tomorrow.
I wonder who pulls the strings behind CBS. Is it someone that doesn't like Paul or someone affiliated with another Candidate running who has paid money or promised benefits if they back them and block out people like Paul?

LS

Ab

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Question is, which media out let is going to publicize this story?

Its the media thats censoring the man.

This angers me to no end.

If it wasnt blatantly obvious before, it has to be obvious now that there is an establishment in place whose goal is to influence and direct our lives, not of our choosing, but of theirs.

This has just invigorated me more than ever.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Wow, the delegate process in CA sounds complicated...

edit on 13-11-2011 by shadowmyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Question is, which media out let is going to publicize this story?

I almost feel as if it's time for Dr. Paul supporters to start buying giant blocks of public access (tv) time to show videos showing the true message of Dr. Paul ( and also showing the blacklisting).

Is it illegal to do so? If it's not his campaign doing it, but the public?

I thought of the idea, when asking myself why Occupy members weren't doing the same showing the Police brutality occurring at the protests/camps .

Isn't it open to the public to use as they see fit?

It's one of the only ways to reach those without the Internet, who only use Television (although who watches public access tv these days....)

edit on 13-11-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowmyst

yea but don't get discouraged, apply to be a delegate for Ron Paul at least.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I do, probably more than you think still do.
If we where to do that I think we should show the media how it's suposto be done.
Witch will pull in suporters of other runners and expose them also to RP giving them a chance to see what he is all about and how their guy or girl looks in comparison.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
What is really ridiculous is that Ron Paul, 1 of 2 WAR VETERANS on stage only got 89 seconds out of an hour of nationally televised time on VETERANS DAY WEEKEND when the topic of the debate was FOREIGN POLICY/WAR/C.I.C.

I mean...isn't that just absolutely nuts!??
edit on 13-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

What is really ridiculous is that Ron Paul, 1 of 2 WAR VETERANS on stage only got 89 seconds out of an hour of nationally televised time on VETERANS DAY WEEKEND when the topic of the debate was FOREIGN POLICY/WAR/C.I.C.

I mean...isn't that just absolutely nuts!??
edit on 13-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

No, it was actually the best time for a bias media NOT to let him talk..
Not that I agree with it but that's a fact..

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I was gonna post a thread about Paul and the GOP establishment.But,I cam across this thread and we see them trying to undermine him again!
From the reports from Dr.Paul's supporters the GOP power brokers are frightened by him as are the Democrats the two party dictatorship we live under sees in him and his supporters the end of their glorious empire.I like the suggestion of an Occupy Paul movement it's a wonderful idea! I support it.This is what is needed at this point the establishment is gonna try to undermine Dr.Paul and run him off don't let them get away with it! they think y'all won't notice.They think we are stupid.Disabuse them of that notion and end the overreaching,arrogant,greedy Empire.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I can't be positive but i believe in the beginning of the debate when they introduced everyone when they said Ron Paul they didn't even show him like they did everyone else and just skipped to McCain. As if they didn't want people to even see him or know who he is.
Honestly i laughed when it happened expecting total bull# when it came on.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Is there a time comparison up yet?

I want to see how much time Ron Paul got compared to the other candidates.

Edit: According to this YouTube video, here are the times:

Rick Perry:..............7.75 minutes
Mitt Romney:..........6.5 minutes
Newt Gingrich:........6.0 minutes
Herman Cain:.........5.75 minutes
Rick Santorum:.......5.25 minutes
Jon Huntsman:........3.5 minutes
Michelle Bachmann: 3.25 minutes
Ron Paul: ...............1.5 minutes

That's absurd.
edit on 11/13/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Added comments

Relax, none of you are looking at it correctly,
Everyone should have gotten 7.75 minutes but there are commercials so it looks like Ron Paul was the largest contributor to corporate america and Rick Perry stuck it to em.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Not a ron paul guy.. but I really hate the dishonesty and bias shown here.

If these debates can't be done fairly.. then they should not be done.

Maybe start boycotting cbs and their advertisers?

I hope ron gets some kind of justice.. or fairness during the rest of this campaign.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Paul Post-Debate Comments
www.youtube.com...
Note around 1:34 when he jokes how his support will take care of leaving feedback for the issue
He's obviously well aware how well aware and organized his base is.

CBS Poll (Who is your choice for the republican presidential nomination?)
Which was shown on the bottom of the CBSNews streaming video page.
After Paul had a big lead, they went ahead and first deleted the results, then the poll itself.
www.youtube.com...

Originally posted by Resinveins
Not a ron paul guy.. but I really hate the dishonesty and bias shown here.

Maybe start boycotting cbs and their advertisers?

They are getting it and so are their sponsors. Lists of their sponsors are posted every now and then along with sources to that information. CNBC is getting the same blowback after pulling the exact same stunt on Nov 8th/9th (whenever that last debate was).

www.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
OK, I'll be straight -up; I don't personally support Ron Paul, but this is wrong. I know wrong-doing when I see it. He is a real player on an ethical level, and he has real supporters, and he IS being shut out by the mainstream media. In the name of objectivity and fairness, it is only right that he gets his fair shot at time and exposure.
Even as a non-supporter, I must concede this. In this matter, I am on Ron Paul's side.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

if only the media would stop manipulating the REAL news and the rest of America could see the actual support Ron Paul.

They are not going to, and they never really have.
I hope that is starting to sink into the minds of many Americans.
Their mainstream media has been infiltrated, bought out, and corrupted decades ago.

Its time to boycott the mainstream media, and start supporting the alternatives.
The local media & the internet.

As a matter of fact:

Turn your TVs off.

www.savethenews.org...

edit on 13-11-2011 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

CBS Poll (Who is your choice for the republican presidential nomination?)
Which was shown on the bottom of the CBSNews streaming video page.
After Paul had a big lead, they went ahead and first deleted the results, then the poll itself.
www.youtube.com...

Notice YOUTUBE TURNED OFF THE VEIW COUNTS 301 VEIWS AND 467 LIKES WTF YOUTUBE???

DanielCherrier1 12 minutes ago

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join