It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by sonnny1

They can't all be squatters. A lot of them have other places to stay.. and if they don't and they are homeless than than kicking them out without finding an alternative solution might be even more cruel than I thought.

Why has no one tried to get to the why of the protestors?

It's really quite startling that they are completely ignored as insignificant and in fact riddiculed.

I see lot's of suffering around me.

Garages full of peoples furniture, families doubled up in small houses, business' boarded up, empty office buildings and empty houses everywhere, people who are without hope.

Arizona is going on it's 3rd year of the depressed-recovery now.It's worse here than in other parts of the country. The only jobs to be had now are landscaping, housecleaning, and handyman.

Really I think the only reason that we don't have violence here is that the people who moved here are get up and go getters who are willing to work hard for thier money. And the fact that a great number of citizens are armed. Still it doesn't change the facts the economy is #ed and the government is oppressive.

Who are these OWS and why are they prepared to take up arms against thier oppressors?
edit on 12-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by TechniXcality

True and when the police start shooting back with live rounds they'll consider it Police Brutality

If cops start shooting live bullets and they kill protesters, that's when the full on revolution begins.

Cops better find their brain and side with the people. Their ``last chance`` to do so is approaching.

Cops are like the 99%, they've been screwed by the elite... but they've been brainwashed... nobody wants to kill cops. But nobody wants to be shot at by cops either. If cops start shooting people, it'll be the RIGHT of protesters to shoot back.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

I wasn't talking about you, but infantry eh? From what I've heard being stationed in Germany sucks though. See any combat deployment or were you between wars?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Those protesters better find their brain soon violence only ends one way and never the way they want.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Those protesters better find their brain soon violence only ends one way and never the way they want.

Cops already started violence, by attacking peaceful protesters again and again... violating the constitution again and again. Following unconstitutional orders again and again. Seizing homes which were under illegal foreclosures, again and again.

Sorry but cops have started the violence A LONG TIME AGO.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sonnny1

The Revolutionary force today.. are reminiscent of the idealistic early Christians, yet they also urge violence and cry, 'Burn the system down!' They have no illusions about the system, but plenty of illusions about the way to change our world. It is to this point that I have written this book. (Alinsky 1972: xiii).

Saul Alinsky

Sound familiar?

edit on 12-11-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Yes,very much so........

When people are dying in the streets,and looting and burning will come,(this is California) OWS supporters better not tell me its a bunch of Anarchists,or its Agent Provocateurs. They want that kinda change,have at it. Just don't complain later.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sorry drunk again! So the police are being passive, and in reality the protester's are the aggressor.(am i understanding?) so the protesters in your logic will say,( when tear gassed and rubber bullet pellted, the police are brutal). Perhaps? but thats exsactly why the OWS movement will not make a dent in domestic policy, simply because he who throws the first punch, usually has the most force.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

if these people don't stand up for their first amendment rights, who will?

they have the right to peaceably assemble. there shouldn't even be a discussion about the occupation. our elected leaders should be asking what they can do to help. then take action for the people.

-subfab

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

The reason we pay all those taxes is because masses like the OWS crowd want their tuition paid and wealth redistributed, free healthcare blah blah...and the middleclass ends up getting squeezed. Don't forget...you eventually run out of other people's money or they take their money and play somewhere else.Fixing a corrupt government is one thing, taking someone's money because they have more than you.....Un-American.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJDigitalGem

You really want to go there? I served in the United States Army during Desert Storm. I haven't had to kill anyone but I am trained to do so and WILL do so if it means freedom for me and my family. What are YOU willing to do to protect your freedom and your rights? Sign a petition, post a blog or in a forum, take your money out of the bank? PATHETIC......

I like the way you think, you are a true American hero!

I hope more AMERICAN's start thinking like you!

Sign a petition, post a blog or in a forum, take your money out of the bank?

This is what corporate bullies wants them to do, waste their time thinking they might accomplish something by law suits or online temper tantrums.

I'm waiting for these corporate thugs to fall, they need to be physically dealt with for stomping on our constitutional rights, especially those who 'fleece' our citizenry!

link   

Wel point out where in the constitution where it says to throw things at the police and break emt legs and all the other assualts that have gone on and not by the police.

Nah violence only begets more violence and we are talking about other American's.

Revolutions only end up with blood and death and mostly of those who call for it.

link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

So care to give me an MOS or unit? Or care to explain why you won't?

ETA: Provided.

Note: The little S-Stain logged off immediately after being...

pwned!

edit on 12-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

Between wars?? if you want to know more pm me. danke schön..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Peaceable assmeble eh making weapons preparing for war?

Yeah right.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

yo battle! were you marine or army? i see a DSU and a m16, i carried a m4 with a 68, bought an acog and used that. I also see ACU in your latter pics. Just wondering?

You must have been 2005? Army, why you sporting U.S.M.C
edit on 12-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Is this for real?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The majority of these OWS crowds are not peaceful....they like to instigate, see how far they can push. They are the bullies we remember from high school. Blocking roads, leaving trash everywhere, screaming at everyone, drugs and sex out in the open when people are trying to go to work, take their kids to school etc. The constitution did not allow for that, one you are disrupting others and infringing on their rights you have crossed the line. That's why the cops are there. To protect those who are not a part of the mess. Watch other news besides MSM, they sanitize everything to fit the message they want to get out and right now they need the OWS crowds to get Obummer elected again...you would think people on this site would get that. They want class warfare and rioting with police because it fits their story.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm just saying, they can't all be squatters and if they are Portland has a big problem they need to address rather than just disperse them.

Also, this is just conjecture, and more than likely propaganda so people will support the cops cleaning them out don't you think? If the locals think they are digging in and starting a "war" then they will support the cops no matter how violent they get. Looks to me like they are setting the stage for cops to begin the blood shed. I mean you know that is always a possibility.

If its not and they really are digging in, it's still just one of hundreds of protests that have remained entirely peaceful excepting a few instances of provocation.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Are you crazy? Everything you used to describe OWS is verbatim what the MSM says about them??

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

I'm waiting for these corporate thugs to fall, they need to be physically dealt with for stomping on our constitutional rights, especially those who 'fleece' our citizenry!

And when your done with corporate thugs,why stop there?

Lets get physical with ANYONE that has supported these corporate thugs...........

Get the guillotines ready,cause there will be blood...................

We can ask the average citizen for the "official" OWS papers,please.

If not,straight to the detention facility's.

"If you aint with us your against us",is the mantra,right?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join