It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Ugh, this is one of those ugly threads where every idiot has an opinion... Hehe...

THIS LOOKS AWESOME! THANKS FOR THE PREVIEW... NOW WHERE'S MY POPCORN?

The inevitable will come. There was always a destined outcome. Thereby ushering in the next phase of change on this planet as the quickening commences. This movement was never sovereign to begin with. It has been directed and founded by actors, or inbred black government swine, since the beginning. See here: www.youtube.com...

I wouldn't get too attached to the drama.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Did you not notice her child - an infant, apparently - being left in the middle of the sidewalk in its stroller? These cops were so intent on making the arrest, that they couldn't stop to think. Yes, she was resisting, and she had a reason. The solution is to talk her down. not to smash a bound person down into the pavement. "She wouldn't get into the car," seriously?

Never thought I would say this........

I agree with you.

Police do abuse their privileges. Its a privilege to protect and serve. They should be held to Higher standards and laws. But with it,if abuse is happening,then its the right of the citizens to change the laws that govern the LEO's out there.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

You are judging cops on 3 minutes of what usually is a long drawn out stop, these videos are posted to make the cops look bad...every profession has it's nuts....but cops just want to make it home alive everynight to their families and to not have any innocents hurt. Very rarely are the people in the vids innocent, or they wouldn't be stopped by the cops in the first place. In my 45 years I haven't been attacked by a cop, and I never gave anyone a reason to call the cops on me. But if I was out nuts, high, drunk or commiting other crimes I would expect to be arressted and I don't think I would yell at them and kick and punch and resist....stupid is as stupid does. Don't be an idiot and expect the rest of the world to put up with you.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by InformationAccount

Let the banks take their houses, then have the cops run them out of the parks when they speak up.

Nice example you know?

I know most of the OWSers aren't the same people, but what if they are?

Some undoubtedly are.

We don't really know who these people are or why they are protesting do we?

I haven't seen any serious investigative news journalism on the subject have you?

It's all very 3rd party impersonal or an attempt to ridicule the protestors as being anti-christian.
edit on 12-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

If cops are committing crimes and getting away with it then your problem is with the DA's and the Judges...

Oh, they're a problem, too. But it's not the DA's and judges out there smashing heads, so the cops are a more immediate problem.

just like the problem with corporate greed run crazy falls back on the government.

I'm sorry, I'm not a stupid person, so the "everything is always the government's fault" line doesn't work with me. This problem actually runs the other way. It is a self-perpetuating loop, but the engine for the cycle is the financial power of the corporations.

See, if we "clean out government" and leave that engine untouched, all that means is that the next government we hire gets bought out just as easy as the one we threw out.

We take on that engine, and we can shut down both problems, even gaining hte aid of our government in so doing - it's like leading a junkie along with promises of a fix.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I have no respect for these people preparing for war? shelids? molotov cock tails? etc.

No that stupidity needs to end now.

Well here we've got at least one who will roll over when the government comes for our guns, our homes and our families..

It's people like this that show the government we will be easily oppressed

Hopefully most of us have more courage than this - if you want change you need to make it happen on your own terms

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm pretty sure you and I have agreed on the concept of "those entrusted to uphold the law need to be held to the highest of standards under that law" in the past.

But hey, we're deregulating everything else, why not let officer Friendly get a few free whacks in with his happy stick, right?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Actually I have been to three different protests. What I heard over and over again was:

End conflict of interest between big business and government.
End business lobbyists.
End career politicians.
Tax big businesses.
Address poor loaning practices (homeowners and students given loans with crazy interest rates [especially students who take the loan with no guaranteed way of paying it back])

Also a lot of Ron Paul supporters I tip my hat to.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Very rarely are the people in the vids innocent, or they wouldn't be stopped by the cops in the first place.

Aaaaaand just like that, I realize that talking to you is a waste of my time and effort. I wish I could say something like "I don't think you honestly believe that," or write it off as something said without thinking, but... Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure you're actually a believer in this.

So... Adieu

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

Videos 2 and 3 look bad and they are going to court..so no favoritism there. But we still aren't getting the whole story. And no4 ...love the way the media keeps saying poor vet, i hear alot of bad stories about soldiers too, but you can't judge them all like that. he was trying to get into an apt without a key and from what I can tell, they aren't even real cops. So we have 4 uncomplete videos out of millions of police stops a year.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Actually I have been to three different protests. What I heard over and over again was:

End conflict of interest between big business and government.

End business lobbyists.

End career politicians.

Tax big businesses.

Address poor loaning practices (homeowners and students given loans with crazy interest rates [especially students who take the loan with no guaranteed way of paying it back])

Also a lot of Ron Paul supporters I tip my hat to.

So OWS is actually the tea party?

These are people who didn't get a chance to sign a contract with the devil and engange in an orgy on earth?
edit on 12-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Yeah...family full of law enforcement gives me no experience in criminals what so ever....k

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Just stop. You can't win this battle here. We hear it first here.

Cop tasers kid on bike from moving cruiser, kid falls, cop runs over him. Turns out he had no reason other than he though the kid was suspicious. Kids dead for nothing, supposedly later the found a gun after the cop was facing charges, but it was highly suspicious.

Cop shoots and kills indian for carving with a pocket knife. He yells for him to turn around 3 times in a row and shoots.. wood carver is deaf.

Cop kills handcuffed man in front of people.

Now can we get back on topic?
edit on 12-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Yeah...family full of law enforcement gives me no experience in criminals what so ever....k

Sorry man,but its a problem that grows daily.

Chicago IL police are being sued by a man claiming cops tasered him 11 times in a row after mistaking him for a man with a similar name who had a warrant out for him. [4] (link tracking not allowed)/t7EmdZ

Ontario Provincial Police officer charged with sexual assault of an employee at an OPP work location [0] (link tracking not allowed)/tOwwT1

El Paso Co TX deputy investigated for allegedly threatening to arrest former paramedic for helping accident victim [2] (link tracking not allowed)/s4AGJ5

King Co WA deputy fired for lack of integrity & misuse of auth after 22 investigations & 26 findings of misconduct [0] (link tracking not allowed)/vUJRoz

Merrillville IN settles suit for unspecified sum to security guard choked by cop after he was asked for his ID [3] (link tracking not allowed)/vfUEOb

Berkeley CA turns down mutual aid agreement w/UC Berkeley police after video of violence against #OWS by UC cops [0] (link tracking not allowed)/vwTS5V

Red Bank TN sued by cops claiming systemic racism & retaliation for cops who helped w/case that got chief fired [3] (link tracking not allowed)/uIS2kE

Lake Co IN deputy faces discipline, charged w/battery, resisting arrest & battery on an officer after attacking a bouncer at a bar [0] (link tracking not allowed)/rLslN7

Port Orchard WA cop sentenced to 23yrs prison for leaving girlfriend permanently disabled by shoving her out window [0] (link tracking not allowed)/rxXtBu

Recap 11-10-11

Not all LEO's are bad,but the bad ones get more press,and its happening way to frequently not to see it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Ahh.. that explain everything.
I should have guessed. Every cop/cop family ats member acts the same way.
Sorry for you.

I see you haven't been a member long, maybe you will have your eyes opened a little while you are here.
edit on 12-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Sooo done with this crazy train of a thread....I hate wasting my time with people love big government when it's handing out checks, but hate them when they tell them to quit being idiots to their fellow humans like the cops have to with OWS. Libs and libertarians hate cops....got it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

LOL 3 minutes? You're mistaken. I'm basing it on much more than 3 minutes. And personal experience. And observing how their union acts. And personally watching how they treat others.

But .. for the sake of argument... and your edification.. let's take those 3 minutes of film.

Seeing a grown man slam the end of his club in someones face, and then give a couple more for good measure.. and then the rest join in.

There is nothing they could have done to deserve that. Nothing. They're just standing there. But since they won't move.. these paragons of virtue get frustrated and just start beating people. I'll accept no justification for that. Ever.

Try beating your dog like that.. and put it on youtube... see how long you remain free.

And to act like this is some isolated case... that's the most laughable of all.

How many examples would it take?
edit on 12-11-2011 by Resinveins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Libs and libertarians hate cops....got it.

Cops and cop family members love cops. Why toss out an insult that can be served back so easily. You only feel the way you do because you have cops in your family. I promise (and you will never know other wise).

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Every profession has idiots....but how safe would you feel with no cops? And what about the military, say if the government brings them home to "watch" the homeland...lynch them too? We can't have all the millions of people in this country protecting themselves...everyone hates a cop until they need one.....good luck with that....

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

And those in the fraternity cover for their own. Got it.

Unfortunately, they can't defend the arguments supporting their misdeeds. So .. yeah.. I don't blame you.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join