It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Libs and libertarians hate cops....got it.

As a Libertarian I take offense. I don't hate cops. I simply expect the absolute worst from them, especially when they are in groups.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I really love watching the show that folks like you put on. But out of shear humanity I need to tell you to wake up because all that talk about freedom is just propaganda. You live or die at the liesure of the elite. Just in case you don't listen I still made popcorn. Carry on.

Originally posted by DJDigitalGem
As history has proven time and time again... For freedom there is a price and blood will be spilled. If you're not willing to FIGHT for your freedom then to hell with you. I found an underground gun store today and I am planning to start arming myself and my family.

BLOOD MUST BE SHED FOR OUR FREEDOM. And I quote...

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, "Peace! Peace!" -- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

I encourage everyone to read the FULL TEXT
edit on 12-11-2011 by DJDigitalGem because: corrected spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I don't understand this "how safe would you feel without cops?" question. Its just an armed human coming to the aid of another one. Oh, except you get paid for it and to generate revenue as well. I am not a cop hater, but i do not like egos very much. They give mine less room to swell up.

link   
reply to post by jcord

Actually I find your idea that we live and die at the whim of the elite to be just propaganda.

Slightly humorous.. but propaganda all the same.

Enjoy the popcorn

link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Liberals don't mind cops. We just expect them to follow the law, and most of us are dead against changing the laws to make lots of exceptions just for cops.

Libertarians love cops. After all, their ideal society is functionally a police state where men with guns and tanks force the poor to accept slavery at the hands of the wealthy. After all, that's "small government" in action - the last departments to be cut are the ones with guns, you know.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by timetothink

As a Libertarian I take offense. I don't hate cops. I simply expect the absolute worst from them, especially when they are in groups.

Ok now with that I'm done reading along..

PEACE

And I mean that people

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I don't know where you learned your political definitions from but I've never seen anyone so ass backwards before..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They'll eventually figure out they need to Occupy the Fed.

Then the real war starts.

Not enough of the people understand the system. They know they need to fight for their rights but aren't sure how to go about it.

They're protesting capitalist banks and corporations.They just need to go one rung higher.

Once they figure out the Federal Reserve is a private corporation THEN it'll be on for young and old.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

damn man, you LOVE to HATE on the OWS!

I can tell you that from being at the camp myself and watching the livestream tonight that all is calm at occupy portland tonight. There are no holes dug, besides our garden; no weapons, perhaps a few shields( we don't want cops going oakland on our asses); and a good number of the bad apples have moved on towards other pastures thankfully.

The mainstream news has been pretty biased( exception of KATU, they do pretty accurate reporting) and they are trying to make dramatic headlines. I understand why the mayor may want the camp to be gone. He has been understanding with the purpose of the movement and just wants to make sure people don't get hurt. Tough job to try to do whats right but still piss people off either way.

Before you hate on us, please educate yourselves on whats really going on. Don't just make hateful comments without knowing what your pulling out of your cornhole. Links to livestream and realtime headlines are found at occupy portland dot org.

As for the events about to unfold, whether the camp stays or goes, the movement is not going to stop. We are learning more everyday how to effectively manage our group and its only going to get bigger. Neo and the others should find a way to get paid for talking trash; I'm certain they will be doing it for a long time.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

The divide has been there for many, many, years. LEOs have little if any respect for citizens. This is a chance for the roid consumed thugs to vent some frustrations. They do it when you don't resist, and they do it if you do. The semantics of peaceful resistance are gone in this particular instance. There is no organization, and no clear, realistic goal of the movement as a whole. This is simply a statement to the powers that be. Frankly speaking... our forefathers would be shooting by now!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
seriously wooden boards with nails in them hardly pose a threat to officers with all the tactical protective gear they would wear when trying to move out the protesters. An officer might get scratched. Watch out protesters. These police officers will say a nail on a board is a deadly weapon even if you do not use it as such. They will most likely shoot to kill you and our courts will uphold the decision. The only way around this is to OCCUPY JURY DUTY. Then maybe you protesters could nullify any conviction.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
How much of your life is a sovereign choice? How many chemicals do you put in your body that you have no control over? You may eat only what you grow, but what do you breath? I could go on. You live in a world that was built for you not by you. It really was not built for you in the sense of taking care of you so much as containing you. Qaddafi was reported to be the richest man in the world worth $200 billion at the time he took a blade in the bum. None of us is above it if we push the wrong button.

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by jcord

Actually I find your idea that we live and die at the whim of the elite to be just propaganda.

Slightly humorous.. but propaganda all the same.

Enjoy the popcorn

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by sonnny1

Every profession has idiots....but how safe would you feel with no cops? And what about the military, say if the government brings them home to "watch" the homeland...lynch them too? We can't have all the millions of people in this country protecting themselves...everyone hates a cop until they need one.....good luck with that....

Like you, I have those in my family who served as officers,and in the Military.
They served and serve with honor.Trust me,those that dont have honor,should find another profession. I dont believe in OWS,but I also dont believe in those who abuse their power with a badge. I also dont believe in protestors calling for violence. Simple,huh?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I don't know where you learned your political definitions from but I've never seen anyone so ass backwards before..

Experience. Libertarians are for freedom like North Korea is a democratic republic.

Well, the real libertarians, anyway. There's a lot of "hipster libertarians" who call themselves that 'cause they think it sounds cool.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I highly doubt that most Occupy folks want to confront the police.

Where I live, the local Occupy movement is taking a lot of flack from the local Gannett-owned daily as well as the local Fox station, which sent a reporter undercover to report back on the movement (probably a plant to stir up trouble). The media started with talks about the cold weather and now there's been a (self-inflicted) shooting. They seemingly will do anything to get these people to go home, which is why people must stand their ground.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

My integrity matters more to me than worrying over that. It's really that simple.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Pay no attention to him.

I'd like to know who's paying him to post this #.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It's not cops that most people really have an issue with.

It's the institutionalized tradition of covering up for mistakes that often leave civilians, guilty and innocent, severely injured, humiliated, violated, or dead. Local governments cover up the crimes, the police administrations deny any wrong doing, and they go to any and every length to make sure a guilty cop never so much as sees a slap on the wrist. Even if it means paying out millions in tax payer money for lawsuits. So these "bad cops" end up back on the streets, harming more people, and every person who he meets and harms and the videos released just builds this hatred of cops. If cities and police bureaus held officers accountable and didn't endorse their malicious attacks on civilians, or even the ridiculous system of ticketing for profits ... America might embrace their police instead of fearing them.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
No good can come of this.

I just hope that these reports are incorrect, because as I see it they look a little bit like misinformation to justify police over-reaction.

Your intuition is correct, freethinker123.

Following is a quote from the same article referenced by the OP:

"Claims that we are organizing massive numbers of people from other cities, including anarchists, to confront police action violently are false," Ledoux added. "The Portland Police have been engaging for the last several weeks in a campaign to defame and confuse the message of our movement by attributing the actions and statements of individuals to the movement as a whole, and they continue to do so. More: Read the statement

"If (what police say) is happening, it's not Occupy Portland organizing it, and that I can guarantee," press liaison Jordan Ledoux said in response to the police update."

It looks like the city is spewing anti-OWS propaganda to deceive the public. In addition, I don't know why everyone is angry with the protesters over the costs to the city. Requiring the entire police force to work overtime to oversee these peaceful protesters is unnecessary. I could see the city placing the police "on call" if, for whatever reason, the gathering got out of hand and everyone started rioting. However, the only time I've seen any kind of chaos, in any of the protests around the country, is when the police try to shut everything down or try to impede their movements during marches. These municipalities need to remember that the 1st Amendment guarantees that the peoples' right to peacefully protest shall not be infringed.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I do hate cops but only because most of the cops I've dealt with in my life have been complete jerks that tried to give me hell for no reason because of my disability.

I find it sad that ATS is now the playground of the ignoramuses that cling to their stupid little words for liberals. Where's the denial of ignorance here? I see nothing but a promotion of it!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join