It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm just curious...when did the police stop being human beings and become "the POLICE". So it's a good thing to arm yourself and bash in someone else's head over purely political disputes? So the POLICE are the evil 1%? Or are they just blue collar blokes doing a rotten job for next to nothing? Don't feed me the "armed jack booted...blah blah blah " crap either. If OWS was so noble and righteous, they'd be trying to win the POLICE over to their cause, but they can't have that can they? It's just another RED vs. BLUE battle for attention with one side hoping for violence. Very noble.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So wait because the local news has been attributing every ill or bad event that happens in portland to OWS that justifies a brutal police crackdown?

Seriously those of you secretly lusting after blood and gore and injuries when the cops roll in make me sick.

There is NOTHING GOOD that comes of brutal oppression such as this.

The funny thing is I don't even know if I support OWS or not... but I know I CANNOT support what will surely be a brutal "eviction" of the peaceful protesters.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You really want to go there? I served in the United States Army during Desert Storm. I haven't had to kill anyone but I am trained to do so and WILL do so if it means freedom for me and my family. What are YOU willing to do to protect your freedom and your rights? Sign a petition, post a blog or in a forum, take your money out of the bank? PATHETIC......

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Having killed people proves what exactly?

Are you an expert on the subject?

Also amused and curious as to why anyone should fear coming to "your" neighborhood?

May the blessings of OWS be upon you

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thutmoseii

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
reply to post by beezzer

300? hardly a display of real tactics. I've studied my forefathers art of warfare. My ancestor Alexander used his phalangists as a wall and his calvalry would come and attack from behind. it is called hammer and anvil tactics. They are still as relevant now as 2000 years ago. Unless the police use real ammunition, in which case Task Force 812 has helped our local SWAT team train, trust me, we are still the masters of CQB and small group tactics, not the SWAT team in my city.

Kid, have you been to war? Please, let the adults talk.

No offense but war is not glorious, no matter how many movies youve seen, books youve read or play scenes youve enacted with your friends.

When youre desperately trying to patch a sucking chest wound and your friend is gasping for air as the life fades from his eyes and he gargles his last breath....you kind of wake the # up, as they say.

That happens to kids all the time in Palistine. Other tragedies happen everyday because of moral corruption. It's time you wake the # up, we aren't afraid anymore, fear is not controlling us. There is no controlling what has started.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

When it comes to fighting with massive ancient armies, yes, I do run simulations on the computer. Do you expect me to go back in time and lead a Macedonian army into battle on the river Hydaspes in India?

Source?

XBOX360-PS3-PC-MAC?

Location?

Hydaspes?

Is that near Occupy Portland?

This thread is full of tantalizing facts............

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dustMidas
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm just curious...when did the police stop being human beings and become "the POLICE". So it's a good thing to arm yourself and bash in someone else's head over purely political disputes? So the POLICE are the evil 1%? Or are they just blue collar blokes doing a rotten job for next to nothing? Don't feed me the "armed jack booted...blah blah blah " crap either. If OWS was so noble and righteous, they'd be trying to win the POLICE over to their cause, but they can't have that can they? It's just another RED vs. BLUE battle for attention with one side hoping for violence. Very noble.

The police are mostly corrupted if they haven't already quite already. No use in trying to win over those who have already lost it all.

This has nothing to do with red and blue. There are people on the left it, and there are also people in it on the right like Ron Paul.

Stop lying to yourself and being a coward. Stand up.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Alright guy, I run RTW on the PC. The river Hydaspes is the river in India where my ancestor Alexander fought King Porus in what would be Alexander's last battle in his excursion into Asia. Alexander wound up victorious, however sustained heavy losses which caused his army to mutiny on him.

Hellenistic and Asian history is a strong point for me.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am with you..OWS is a joke and troublemakers. All this talk about fighting the police...hope never need one for help. My husband is a cop...and he doesn't want to hurt anyone, he protects the innocent from anarchists like these OWS. He works 12 to 18 hrs a day, goes out anytime of night he is called even if he just finished a 16 hour day. He has had his nose broken when he checked on a passed out guy on the side of the road and missed his daughters 2 nd birthday because of it. Everyday I have to worry if some idiot who doesn't want to go to jail or just killed his wife in a domestic is going to take him from us. The majority of police are the salt of the earth and what save your arse no matter how much you hate them. This thread is disgusting. I can't even count how many times he and his k-9 partner have searched for hours in mud and snow and rain to find a lost child. He changes tires for stranded people, gives them rides when they are broken down, checks on them in the hospital if hurt. these people should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

When it comes to fighting with massive ancient armies, yes, I do run simulations on the computer. Do you expect me to go back in time and lead a Macedonian army into battle on the river Hydaspes in India?

no but these fantasy/"prehistoric", lol depictions of battle. Are a far cry from reality.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

Somehow I didn't doubt that kid.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

Not prehistoric, because there are records of them occurring. As far as reality, I don't need a reality check trust me. That's all I want to say about that anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Also amused and curious as to why anyone should fear coming to "your" neighborhood?

Yes it's "My Neighborhood"

The Squatters I mean OWS can have Wall Street, the adjacent alleys, The parks and park benches. But this is my neighborhood.

Does a fist pump!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Not prehistoric, because there are records of them occurring. As far as reality, I don't need a reality check trust me. That's all I want to say about that anymore.

You're doing great Kid.

You tell them!

High fives his monitor!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

The unfortunate thing is that your husband is in the minority. If watch the news it's fairly common to see videos captured by civilians which capture terrible police brutality. I watched a few videos online today and it was disturbing. In one a woman, with her infant in a stroller, was stopped by police (for what I don't know). She was being verbally abusive but that didn't give the two officers any right to do what they did to her. While her child screamed and cried they hand cuffed her and then one of the officers slammed her, head first, in to the street. She appeared to be knocked out and he was initially standing over her barking "Get up!". It wasn't until about two or three minutes later that he realized what he'd done and then knelt down and turned her on her side.

He looked up at the person filming from their home and said to turn the camera off; they kept it rolling.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

You're doing great Kid.

You tell them!

High fives his monitor!

lol haha, he's a sick call ranger for sure, even in animated battle.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

ahh.. you scare the squatters away then... about what I thought

meow

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I wouldn't want to disturb your neighborhood or try to come into your house. It's called property rights and I respect them. Remember, Zuccoti is owned privately and the owners allow them to stay. Also, check your messages.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
one-eyed, one
-horned, flying, purple people eater led me in animated battle i surely would win.
edit on 12-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

Originally posted by neo96
I have no respect for these people preparing for war? shelids? molotov cock tails? etc.

No that stupidity needs to end now.

Would you have said that to our founding fathers? You think they won the war with peaceful protesting?

If it were up to you we would be speaking proper english and having a spot of tea every afternoon spending our quid on liters of petrol.

Our founding fathers did not establish our country to let ANARCHY run amock.
2nd line

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join