It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preident Bush is solid in his speech!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm watching President Bush give his acceptance speech and in his first ten minutes of speaking, he has been more solid and confident in his speaking than I've ever witnessed Senator Kerry the entire time he's been campaigning. Senator Kerry's speeches just seem so hollow and shady.

[edit on 4/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Its soild, Soild crap. I will never believe ANYTHING that comes out of his mouth.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
To be fair he has probably been rehearsing for the past six weeks.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thats the unfortunate thing about this election, the incumbent is a corrupt liar, and yet there are no challangers of any worth, Kerry being a "say what you have to, to win" type person.

Bush will win or lose this election, Kerry is not the deciding factor in who gets the presidency. Its all do you want bush, or not want bush.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Funny...GW's best attempt at a speech doesn't even faintly compare to the way most former presidents could move a crowd. I'm listening to what he has to say, and trying to keep an open mind, but everything coming out of his life is lies...if he hasn't done anything he is talking about yet...he never will. He can promise all he wants, but it doesn't change the fact that this last 4 years he has accomplished almost nothing.

Promises, promises, promises....anyone who actually believes what politicians say has obviously been avioding history for the last 150-200 years.

PS- I will never vote for Bush, no matter what he says. Just for the fact that he is a homophobe has ruined all his credibility for me, much less all of his other Christian right-wing opinions.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
LOL.. I must admit I thought something else when you said he was solid.
But Bush solid in a speech seems a bit of a stretch. I don't know if I've ever seen him give a solid speech.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Interesting points:

Bush said. "To stand with workers in poor communities and those that have lost manufacturing, textile, and other jobs we will create American opportunity zones. In these areas, we'll provide tax relief and other incentives to attract new business, and improve housing and job training to bring hope and work throughout all of America."

and

"We will offer a tax credit to encourage small businesses and their employees to set up health savings accounts, and provide direct help for low-income Americans to purchase them," Bush said. "In a new term, I will ensure every poor county in America has a community or rural health center."

I like the sound of both of these ideas - but I want details.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Its soild, Soild crap. I will never believe ANYTHING that comes out of his mouth.

I wouldn't trust either of them ...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Im all ready liking G .Ws speech better then Kerrys. Kerry talked so much about the past he left out the last 20 years of his life. Bush is already talking more about the future then Kerry did.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You can talk all you want. But we will get 4 more years of what we just had.. nothing. Why did the future not matter for the past 4 years? It won't matter for the next 4 years if he gets re-elected. Its just talk.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Its called bait-and-switch, a favorite tactic of stores everywhere. Promise a shinny new deluxe product, but then when people show up say they are all sold out and offer something sub-par for a similar price. Wonder what sub-par offerings Bush would give in his second term?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Just tuned in. I might not agree with what he is saying...but his delivery is better than most days. His speech writers are on form too.

Do people normally chant U.S.A at these events.? Wow. some weird shouting going on.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Is anyone seeing them hauling all these demonstrators out of the RNC? What is going on? So much for Bush's tough security......

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
You can talk all you want. But we will get 4 more years of what we just had.. nothing. Why did the future not matter for the past 4 years? It won't matter for the next 4 years if he gets re-elected. Its just talk.

Speak for your self in the last four years I have been doing better then I ever have, and am making more money then I ever have.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Kerry is holding a midnight rally.

Sources indicate he got an early copy of Bushes speech and is planning his rebuttalls already.

Teehee...

A spoiler is afoot.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Interesting points:

Bush said. "To stand with workers in poor communities and those that have lost manufacturing, textile, and other jobs we will create American opportunity zones. In these areas, we'll provide tax relief and other incentives to attract new business, and improve housing and job training to bring hope and work throughout all of America."

and

"We will offer a tax credit to encourage small businesses and their employees to set up health savings accounts, and provide direct help for low-income Americans to purchase them," Bush said. "In a new term, I will ensure every poor county in America has a community or rural health center."

I like the sound of both of these ideas - but I want details.

Sorry, you'll never get details during an election. Candidates will stoop to the lowest common denominator and use generalization to get elected. Once elected, they have no specifics to be held against (except for the infamous "Read my lips, no new taxes!"

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
jazzerman, ease off will ya. first off, there's been all of what...4 protestors tat got in to the RNC. considering there's 100,000+ trying to get in that's not too bad. beyond that, i find it unfortunate you label bush a homophobe, and i find that rather ignorant. so what if he's not for gay marriage, that doesn't make him a homophobe. it somply means he thinks marriage should stay as what it has been for thousands of years. it's a common tactic among some far left liberals to label anyone who disagrees with them a racist, or sexist, or homophobe, or just plain prejudice. i thought you were above that jazzerman?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
GW has done more for America in four years than all the Democratic Presidents in my lifetime, which encompasses quite a few.

Jazzerman, you keep talking about the oppressive security of the RNC, but it is nothing like the security of the Democratic Convention where the protesters were not given access to the streets and were limited to a very small area out of view of the public.

I don't think you have an objective bone in your body. All you care about is your limited homosexual agenda.

PS- I will never vote for Bush, no matter what he says. Just for the fact that he is a homophobe has ruined all his credibility for me, much less all of his other Christian right-wing opinions.

[edit on 04/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

Sorry, you'll never get details during an election. Candidates will stoop to the lowest common denominator and use generalization to get elected. Once elected, they have no specifics to be held against (except for the infamous "Read my lips, no new taxes!"

He clearly stated that details were at his site georgewbush.com...

If he gave every detail of his plans during his speech it would be 3 hours long.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Jazzerman, you keep talking about the oppressive security of the RNC, but it is nothing like the security of the Democratic Convention where the protesters were not given access to the streets and were limited to a very small area out of view of the public.

I don't think you have an objective bone in your body. All you care about is your limited homosexual agenda.

[edit on 04/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

Hey, why all the attacks. I agree with what you say about the Democratic convention, but am I not free to express my opinions about this convention as well. If you have read any of my posts in the past you will see that I do not support either of the 2 parties. Take it easy guys...geesh...I make one comment about bad security and protestors making it in and your all over me.

PS- How exactly can I have a Homosexual agenda when I am Heterosexual? I'm sure you will make a witty comeback saying something to the effect of "Well, you seem awfully pro-gay" or "You talk like a homo"...etc.

Am I pro-gay...yes, you better believe it. They are humans too and deserve just the same rights as anyone else. Grady...you say I have no objective bone in my body? How funny is that? Your posts are literally littered with anti-homosexual right wing rhetoric. So, before you start accusing me, you just might want to take a look at yourself.

Seriously people...lighten up!

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join