It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preident Bush is solid in his speech!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Kerry is holding a midnight rally.

Sources indicate he got an early copy of Bushes speech and is planning his rebuttalls already.

Teehee...

A spoiler is afoot.

A midnight rally after a opponents convention isnt that alittle unheard of?
Didnt Kerry also campaign during the RNC which is another thing that isnt normally done?

Seems like all the rules are are off the table.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
astroblade...Bush is a homophobe. Here:

www.hyperdictionary.com...

www.religioustolerance.org...

Sounds like his beliefs fit the definitions pretty well to me. Not allowing someone equal rights is just wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Nerdling
Kerry is holding a midnight rally.

Sources indicate he got an early copy of Bushes speech and is planning his rebuttalls already.

Teehee...

A spoiler is afoot.

A midnight rally after a opponents convention isnt that alittle unheard of?
Didnt Kerry also campaign during the RNC which is another thing that isnt normally done?

Seems like all the rules are are off the table.

Err. The Campaigning never stops.

Yes its quite unheard of but theres nothing wrong with it, he just happens to be holding a rally that is after Bush's speech and *may* be televised.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
jazzerman, of course you're free to your opinion, especially if it differs from others, that's what's great about this country, but you aslo have a responsibility to be respectable to others, including the president. i just thought calling him a homophobe was over the line and unsubstaniated. attack bush's stubborness, that's legitimate, but don't resort to far left liberal name calling.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Its amazing what a teleprompter can do!
Why, the lies just flowed out of his mouth. I was thinking too bad his policies suck and he's a war-monger par excellence! Too bad because, frankly, the guy is much more down home and likeable than Kerry. If I didnt know who he was, I would choose him to spend my weekend with and not Kerry.
But, knowing who he is, I pass

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
GW has done more for America in four years than all the Democratic Presidents in my lifetime, which encompasses quite a few.

Jazzerman, you keep talking about the oppressive security of the RNC, but it is nothing like the security of the Democratic Convention where the protesters were not given access to the streets and were limited to a very small area out of view of the public.

I don't think you have an objective bone in your body. All you care about is your limited homosexual agenda.

PS- I will never vote for Bush, no matter what he says. Just for the fact that he is a homophobe has ruined all his credibility for me, much less all of his other Christian right-wing opinions.

[edit on 04/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

GradyPhilpott

Hey, maybe you should become a speech writer. Very well put. Also, his father, and his father's boss for eight years, (everyone should know who they are) did more for the world in twelve years than all the presidents combined in the 20th Century. The world everyone. The world. And the sad thing about it is, Mr Grady, many people don't have a clue what I'm talking about. You seem to me to be well informed. I like that.
Over.

[edit on 2/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
astroblade...trust me, I know what you are trying to say. I concur with you completely about name calling. However, I don't think calling someone a "Homophobe" in the context I was using it in is left-wing at all. I used that word because GW fits the definition of that word. I see it like this:

I would say that someone that is afraid of spiders has "arachnaphobia", just as I would say that someone that tries to limit the freedom of a group of people has "prejudice". In this case the president is prejudice against Homosexuals, and therefore has Homophobia.

Perhaps its a matter of perspective, but I surely didn't mean to offend anyone.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!! I force myself to sit trough the entire speech, and I wonder how come he needs another 4 years to do what he should had done during his first 4, then when he spoke Spanish, I said to myself yeah I am going to vote for him he spoke Spanish!!!!!!!!! NO. What a moron I guess he thinks we Spanish Americans are as stupid as he is.

Then right at the ends I was just falling asleep with the boring bs, it got better when they took the protestors out of the place, I have to say this president is arrogant that littler twitch of his shoulder and head will tell you how he brush aside common sense and replaced it with impulsive behavior and the heck with the consequences.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Homophobes, girley-men give me a break. I guess this is the newest thing now, questioning who has higher count of testosterone. Why dont we submit all politicos to be tested?
This wouldnt be a bad idea.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Hey, maybe you should become a speech writer. Very well put. Also, his father, and his father's boss for eight years, (everyone should know who they are) did more for the world in twelve years than all the presidents combined in the 20th Century. The world everyone. The world. And the sad thing about it is, Mr Grady, many people don't have a clue what I'm talking about. You seem to me to be well informed. I like that.
Over.
[edit on 2/9/04 by Intelearthling]

Remember this thread which you seemed to have edited since:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, you really know what your talking about

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
ok, jazzerman, let's get technical. your own link defines homophobia as "the dread of being in close quarters with homosexuals." It grew to mean a general "fear of homosexuals or of homosexual behavior." well that's not bush at all. he's simply against gay marriage. that does not equate to fearing homosexuals. as for the other point....prejudice is basically denying a specific group something for what that group is. well a ban on gay marriage would be banning EVERYONE from gay marriage, not just a specific group. so since everyone wouldn't be allowed to marry a member of the same sex it's, technically, not prejudice. of course you'd be hardpressed to find a straight person that would participate in gay marriage, so for that if you wish to call it a loophole go right ahead, but still technically it's not prejudice. furthermore, is it being prejudicial when your simply against something because you find it immoralistic, as is the situation with most anti-gay marriage people? personally, i can't support gay marriage as long as the majority of americans don't want, and i'm sick of sepcial interest groups forcing what they want upon the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!! I force myself to sit trough the entire speech, and I wonder how come he needs another 4 years to do what he should had done during his first 4, then when he spoke Spanish, I said to myself yeah I am going to vote for him he spoke Spanish!!!!!!!!! NO. What a moron I guess he thinks we Spanish Americans are as stupid as he is.

Then right at the ends I was just falling asleep with the boring bs, it got better when they took the protestors out of the place, I have to say this president is arrogant that littler twitch of his shoulder and head will tell you how he brush aside common sense and replaced it with impulsive behavior and the heck with the consequences.
Like he's going to do any of what he promises. Pleaseeeee....
He'll do NOTHING now but work for the fulfillment of the Illuminati..
how proud daddy must be!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
astroblade...Bush is a homophobe. Here:

www.hyperdictionary.com...

www.religioustolerance.org...

Sounds like his beliefs fit the definitions pretty well to me. Not allowing someone equal rights is just wrong.

What?!? President Bush scared of homosexuals?!? Nah man, I think you got it all wrong. He's not scared of homosexuals at all. He just doesn't want them aroud him, that's all. Any real man wouldn't want any homosexuals around them. Just the way we are. We're born that way.
Over.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
"Our good friend Israel."

Notice Condi's 'smile' and how she sat right down.

Must suck to be the National Security Advisor knowing who the real enemy is and not be able to do a damn thing about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just an abservation. Those of you posting here totally for Bush also have weapons as your avatars or war avatars.
I wonder why.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
"Our good friend Israel."

Notice Condi's 'smile' and how she sat right down.

Must suck to be the National Security Advisor knowing who the real enemy is and not be able to do a damn thing about it.
Dont get me going on her. Her heighness, the wanna-be mistress of ceremonies in the theater of war.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Like he's going to do any of what he promises. Pleaseeeee....
He'll do NOTHING now but work for the fulfillment of the Illuminati..
how proud daddy must be!

Im sure Kerry another member of Skull & Bones with help put a stop to agenda of the Illuminati.
If they even exist or have a agenda

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
dgtempe

I agree with you, I told the same think to my husband, why does he need 4 more years. Empty promises and not results.

And yeah I wonder what his dad most be thinking right now.

And Jazzerman,

I agree with you I always said that bush strikes me as homophobic.

Taibunsuu

I was spellbound when he talk about Israel as his closed friend, admitting it to the entire world this is going to make the Islamic radicals very happy indeed.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Just an abservation. Those of you posting here totally for Bush also have weapons as your avatars or war avatars.
I wonder why.

Wow.. I scrolled through and you're right. What an interesting observation!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I wonder why.

I don't. I also notice that you never present actual evidence when anyone confronts your posts. You simply dodge the question and dance around a response. You could be a politician yourself.

Don't get me wrong. I can tell you are intelligent and I actually enjoy reading your posts. You make me think about my position. You just seem to hate everything that comes from Bush and think that Kerry walks on water (not really, you have made it quite clear you don't believe in God). I disagree with many things this administration has done, it just bugs me when people take everything a certain candidate says as gospel (both Republicans and Democrats).

Perhaps we should take our own advice and keep these debates on the issues as opposed to personal attacks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join