It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preident Bush is solid in his speech!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
His speech was very solid yes;

"Mr. Chairman, delegates fellow stitizens..."

Or perhaps my hearing was playing tricks on me.

Bush does come across as a more amiable fellow than Kerry, that I will grant him, but sincerity or even focus on anything other than war, he fails to convey. With the latter, the crowds' excitement was most noticeable when he spoke of war and that is a resounding statement of the focus of the republican party. Relative to his platform, he has made a number of promises intended to appeal to the masses, promises which will require analyses of execution to determine feasability. What Bush's policies invariable stated was that he intends to spend even more and collect even less.

Unfortunately for him, his assessment of his last four years does not measure up to the reality of same, and fortunately, the religious rhetoric within his speech seems to have been abandoned as was the pictures of a haloed president.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Just an abservation. Those of you posting here totally for Bush also have weapons as your avatars or war avatars.
I wonder why.

Well, maybe because we know how to put up an avatar... and use the qoute function, too.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ok, I see what you are getting at, but this has been brought up before...

70% of white Southerners opposed the Civil Rights in the early 1960's. Before that era even more total Americans diapproved of Civil Rights, Interracial marriage, etc., so does this mean you would have opposed Civil Rights as well, if the majority did not want it?

PS- From my links on Homophobia: "Actively work towards defining homosexuals as a minority group which should be deprived (or kept deprived) of fundamental human rights which are enjoyed by other groups e.g.:"

"homophobia- as engaging in a behavior aimed at restricting the human rights of persons who have a homosexual orientation and/or who engages in homosexual behavior. This behavior can take many forms: signing a plebiscite; sending an Email to one's senator or representative; participating in a demonstration; voting on a school board; voting to elect a homophobe; talking to coworkers or friends, etc. These rights include what many believe to be the most important human right: to be married; to have their spousal status recognized and registered; and to be assigned benefits and obligations by the government."

Please read the whole definition.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Grady...you say I have no objective bone in my body? How funny is that? Your posts are literally littered with anti-homosexual right wing rhetoric. So, before you start accusing me, you just might want to take a look at yourself.

Your sexuality is of no concern to me and I am not anti-homosexual or homophobic, even though the term itself is ridiculous. I am for homosexual rights as human beings and as citizens of the United States. I do not, however, support homosexual marriage because it is an absurdity and does not warrant Constitutional protection. I also oppose a Constitutional amendment to prevent homosexual marriage because that is not the purpose of the Constitution.

And my claim that you lack objectivity is based upon your knee-jerk criticisms of GW. Objective criticism, I can stomach, but the senseless and often baseless criticisms make me ill and I'm tired of it.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Like he's going to do any of what he promises. Pleaseeeee....
He'll do NOTHING now but work for the fulfillment of the Illuminati..
how proud daddy must be!

Im sure Kerry another member of Skull & Bones with help put a stop to agenda of the Illuminati.
If they even exist or have a agenda
Who, Kerry, the skulls and bones person? Of course he has a promise to the illuminati, however, his isnt immediate. And he's going to go about this in a way other than taking all liberties away and crying terror every other day. By the way, its amazing how there have been NO terror alerts during the RNC at all.... I wonder why? am I wrong? Isnt Bush the one the terrorists are salivating to get? Could it be because Bush is up on the polls 'cause Kerry didnt bleed enough in war? oh, wait, that was debunked yesterday when I put up the link to the vet getting 40 million from Bush. Once this hits (if ever) main stream media, the terror alerts will once again start.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock

Just an abservation. Those of you posting here totally for Bush also have weapons as your avatars or war avatars.
I wonder why.

Well, maybe because we know how to put up an avatar... and use the qoute function, too.
Arent you cute, Seth.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
...has he done right in the past 4 years?

I see, Grady and all, seeking comfort in words words words but the money is spent and the lives are lost and 1.3 mil americans slipped into poverty and you are still gang-ho gwb...

Just listened to the speech again... Hollow #e...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Like he's going to do any of what he promises. Pleaseeeee....
He'll do NOTHING now but work for the fulfillment of the Illuminati..
how proud daddy must be!

Im sure Kerry another member of Skull & Bones with help put a stop to agenda of the Illuminati.
If they even exist or have a agenda
Who, Kerry, the skulls and bones person? Of course he has a promise to the illuminati, however, his isnt immediate. And he's going to go about this in a way other than taking all liberties away and crying terror every other day. By the way, its amazing how there have been NO terror alerts during the RNC at all.... I wonder why? am I wrong? Isnt Bush the one the terrorists are salivating to get? Could it be because Bush is up on the polls 'cause Kerry didnt bleed enough in war? oh, wait, that was debunked yesterday when I put up the link to the vet getting 40 million from Bush. Once this hits (if ever) main stream media, the terror alerts will once again start.

A) NY is already on alert.

B) You haven't responded to the fact that a company was awarded a 40 million dollar contract, not a person. Also, the Admiral that is part of the company that received the contract was not part of the ads. After the fact, he backed up the claims of those involved.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman70% of white Southerners opposed the Civil Rights in the early 1960's.

This is incorrect. White Southerners opposed the Civil Rights Act, which went a long way to deny personal rights in this nation. It was the Trojan Horse for government intervention into the lives of all Americans.

And no one opposes your analogy of "Civil Rights" and homosexual rights more than Blacks. Blacks are adamantly and vocally opposed to the idea their struggle for freedom should be compared to the circumstances of homosexuals.

[edit on 04/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Aelita

What do you expect from a president that came to power on a shaky ground he has been a shaky president and his speech does not mention anything new, empty words with not meaning.

Now for the trigger-happy people in this forums and the pro war connoisseurs is was blessing to their egos.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
And my claim that you lack objectivity is based upon your knee-jerk criticisms of GW. Objective criticism, I can stomach, but the senseless and often baseless criticisms make me ill and I'm tired of it.

Oh my, oh my, oh my...I don't even know where to start with that. Grady, you are perhaps one of the most biased people posting on this board, and that is quite easily determined by just looking over many of your posts. I have very rarely seen you yourself use "objective criticism" when you post. I really don't know what else to say to you.

On one hand you say you oppose an amendment banning Gay marriage, then you say you oppose Gay marriage because it has nothing to offer society. You display a plethora of disjointed statements that contradict the very thing you are talking about, and this opinion is based on what? You talk of right-wingers as if they can do no wrong, and your rhetoric is quite simply getting old. You yourself said that you would result to violence if anyone questions your beliefs and patriotism...now how is that fair and objective? Seems like rash decisions to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Aelita,

The economy goes up and the economy goes down. Everything doesn't boil down to the almighty dollar and every action doesn't have an immediate effect. 9/11 had a terrible effect on the economy and it will take time for it to rebound. In the meantime, Bush is doing what it takes to keep America strong and safe.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

On one hand you say you oppose an amendment banning Gay marriage, then you say you oppose Gay marriage because it has nothing to offer society.

Careful Jazzerman - this is currently the position John Kerry holds. It is one of the biggest problems I have with Kerry. He doesn't mind courting the gay/lesbian vote in the country, but refuses to see gay marriage as the civil rights issue it is.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

B) You haven't responded to the fact that a company was awarded a 40 million dollar contract, not a person. Also, the Admiral that is part of the company that received the contract was not part of the ads. After the fact, he backed up the claims of those involved.
Sure. yep. If you take comfort in this, by all means beleive it. Who am I to make you beleive otherwise? We will see

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

On one hand you say you oppose an amendment banning Gay marriage, then you say you oppose Gay marriage because it has nothing to offer society.

Careful Jazzerman - this is currently the position John Kerry holds. It is one of the biggest problems I have with Kerry. He doesn't mind courting the gay/lesbian vote in the country, but refuses to see gay marriage as the civil rights issue it is.

I know, and I will not vote for him because of that. I simply fail to see where people come up with wild ideas that I am in support of Kerry? I have stated many times before I do not like the man's voting record, flip-flopping, etc. yet people still associate me with a Kerry supporter. Sure, I'm a little more to the left of the Independents, but not far.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

On one hand you say you oppose an amendment banning Gay marriage, then you say you oppose Gay marriage because it has nothing to offer society. You display a plethora of disjointed statements that contradict the very thing you are talking about, and this opinion is based on what?

You yourself said that you would result to violence if anyone questions your beliefs and patriotism...now how is that fair and objective? Seems like rash decisions to me.

My rhetoric only seems disjointed because you haven't the critical skills to evaluate them. If a man can marry a man, he might as well be allowed to marry his horse or his mother or his sister or a turnip. I am a strong advocate for rights of children, but I don't think children should have all the rights of adults.

And anyone who dares to question my patriotism or my commitment to my country to my face would do well to take out a couple of insurance policies in advance. Got a problem with that, Mr. Progressive?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I know, and I will not vote for him because of that. I simply fail to see where people come up with wild ideas that I am in support of Kerry? I have stated many times before I do not like the man's voting record, flip-flopping, etc. yet people still associate me with a Kerry supporter. Sure, I'm a little more to the left of the Independents, but not far.

May I suggest Badnarik?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
As a Republican that disagrees with the President's stance on gay marriage (I fully support gay marriage), I find it very amazing that this is an issue on which Mr. Kerry cannot find firm ground. He says he opposes gay marriage but does not support the amendment that according to court rulings thus far, is the only way to prevent them.

My disagreement with the President on this issue stems from what I perceive to be a religious basis for his position on this issue. Although I don't agree, I at least understand his position.

My problem with Mr. Kerry is that his non-position is nonsensical, particulary in the context of the Democratic party, in that in reality is not a position at all. But honestly all of his positions seem to be like that to me.

[edit on 9/2/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
My rhetoric only seems disjointed because you haven't the critical skills to evaluate them. If a man can marry a man, he might as well be allowed to marry his horse or his mother or his sister or a turnip. I am a strong advocate for rights of children, but I don't think children should have all the rights of adults.

And anyone who dares to question my patriotism or my commitment to my country to my face would do well to take out a couple of insurance policies in advance. Got a problem with that, Mr. Progressive?

Critical skills? You?
This conversation is really getting too funny. You, sir, are quite simply set in your ways, and neither I nor anyone else will ever be able to change you. You just stick to your opinions and I will stick to mine because I see that this conversation is going nowhere fast.

PS- I don't tend to result to physical violence because of disagreements, because I'd rather settle things as they say "with a friendly competition." Say, a race maybe? I'll even let you pick the distance....

PS Grady- Learn to lighten up. Take a joke. I suggest Comedy Central or the like...its all in good humor my...erm.........Friend

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Bush gave one hell of a speach tonight (despite the crying of the democrats)! I thought he gave perhaps the second best speach, with Guiliani (spl?) giving the best. Goooooooooo Bushhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join