It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preident Bush is solid in his speech!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Did anyone notice:

1.) Bush referring to a group of countries known as "The Baltics" (I'm assuming he meant Balkans, not the countries around the Baltic)?

2.) Bush's lop-sided smile, to the point where it was looking like he had a stroke during the time when the protester was dragged off?

3.) C-Span's shots of the speechwriter mouthing Bush's speech seconds before Bush spoke the words?

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Just an abservation. Those of you posting here totally for Bush also have weapons as your avatars or war avatars.
I wonder why.

Maybe some of us have served or are serving in the military right now. Perhaps we should all use pink backgrounds and get nice flowers for our avatars.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
What?!? President Bush scared of homosexuals?!?

ppfftt... he aint scurred of them

Nah man, I think you got it all wrong. He's not scared of homosexuals at all.

Your right, he just discriminates against them

Nah man, I think you got it all wrong. He's not scared of homosexuals at all. He just doesn't want them aroud him, that's all. Any real man wouldn't want any homosexuals around them.

wouldn't a real man be secure about his sexuality with homosexuals around him?

Just the way we are. We're born that way.
Over.

to discriminate? no im sorry but that is a load of turd.
Over.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Critical skills? You? This conversation is really getting too funny. You, sir, are quite simply set in your ways, and neither I nor anyone else will ever be able to change you. You just stick to your opinions and I will stick to mine...

You seem to believe that education is not a lifelong process and that as we age and thereby have more experience that we do not become more wise. You seem to think that by being young, you are therefore superior and that your poorly thought out positions are somehow better than the positions of those of us who have had decades to observe the unfolding of history and to have the illusions of our youth shattered.

You might also consider that I possess a native intelligence in the top one percent of the population and that I also possess two academic degrees in fields dealing with human social behavior and a professional license. Have I become more stupid as a result of these factors or perhaps could it be that you have not lived long enough to understand the consequences of your positions?

Am I set in my ways, when my profession demands continuing education and that I take on new challenges in my career to expand my knowledge and experience or could it be that you are just blinded by your youthful arrogance?

I don't care how fast you can run and if you watch your manners in my presence, you won't have to worry about your fleetness of foot, either.

[edit on 04/9/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
Did anyone notice:

1.) Bush referring to a group of countries known as "The Baltics" (I'm assuming he meant Balkans, not the countries around the Baltic)?

2.) Bush's lop-sided smile, to the point where it was looking like he had a stroke during the time when the protester was dragged off?

3.) C-Span's shots of the speechwriter mouthing Bush's speech seconds before Bush spoke the words?

-koji K.
LOL
funny. I thought the protesters who got into the place were totally going to throw him off his teleprompted speach and he would lose his place.
He was real scared. His voice was weak. He didnt let us down when he spoke of NUKELEAR attacks

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The primary thing I take away from the president's speech is that he has a vision for what America is and what it should be. He believes in that vision and will put all his efforts into making it happen. This is in stark contrast to his main opponent who has no vision or if he has one has been utterly incapable of communicating it. He instead has an antivsion or a picture of what we should not be. Such an antivision is incapable of guiding a nation and will only bring chaos and confusion.

I also was excited to listen to the presidents domestic agenda. I cheered at the notion of tort reform, medical malpractice reform, and a TAX SYSTEM OVERHALL. These are issues that are long overdue to be addressed. They are issues that most politician do not want to deal with. I am impressed with the presidents courage in bringing these issues to the forefront of this campaign. President Bush had a good track record of doing what he says he is going to do so I have hope that these issues that are among the 3 worst drags on our economy and competativeness on the world markets will be addressed.

I will go on record saying that GWB has hit a home run with that speech and will get a significant 6-8 point bounce from this convention. This despite the wet blanket that NBC tried to throw on his speech with their bias reporting after the speech. (Thank God Tom Brokencaw is retiring. IMHO his is a news ninny)

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Johannmon]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Just an abservation. Those of you posting here totally for Bush also have weapons as your avatars or war avatars.
I wonder why.

Peace through superior firepower.

Peace through superior firepower.

Over.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Grady is a bitter partisan Bush supporter who, now faced with the facts of a failed administration, holds onto his commitment to Bush out of spite, and hatred for what he calls "liberals."

Telling the truth to the American people is the #1 job of any President.

Promising us a bunch of new programs for the next 4 years, when you were President for 4 years already, is too little, too late.

Going to war with nations because a few Neocons in your administration tell you that you will be a failure if you don't is not being a good President.

With Afghanistan, we were on the right track...but moving our troops to Iraq for no reason, with no threat, and rhetoric about "mushroom clouds" from the President, is not American.

We invaded a country who was not an "imminent" or "gathering threat," and left Osama to run away with plans for future destruction. This President has allowed Israel to craft our foreign policy under the guise of "America's Interests."

And what happens when you question this GO-IT-ALONE policy of "transforming the world?"

You are a terrorist.

Reporter: President Bush...what do you think about all the insurgents who are attacking American troops?

President Bush: "My answer's Bring 'Em On!"

How easy it is to say when you have never seen the battlefield, or shed blood for your country.

Afghanistan = Right
Iraq = Misguided and Wrong

Now, the typical Bushie answer to that is: "If it were up to you, Saddam Hussein would still be in power, instead of in a jail cell."

True, however...we would be 1000 Americans soldiers stronger, $200+ billion richer, 6000+ soldiers WITHOUT injuries, NOT hated by the rest of the world, and in a REAL POSITION TO DEAL WITH IRAN AND N. KOREA.

We have basically trapped ourselves, and made ourselves weak. Iran is getting nukes because they know we are too busy to stop them. N. Korea sees hows busy we are killing in the Middle East, that Jong Il sees an opportunity to crank up his nuclear program, and become an ACTUAL THREAT.

But no, you all will continue to blindy support this President, and his failed administration. Facts won't bother you...America's low standing in the world won't bother you, American's dying for nothing won't bother you.

We didn't even finish the job in Afghanistan properly, and they are facing more attacks day after day. And they expect to have elections next month.

We left a few soldiers there to keep former UNOCAL Rep. Karzai alive, so he can oversee the continued flow of oil through their new UNOCAL pipeline.

Iraq is in shambles, and we replaced Saddam with Saddam-lite (for now, give him time).

But no, the people are "free." (right?)

We cannot do this alone...it will not work. I have been to this part of the world many times. It is a wild, idealogical endeavor.

Pessism? No. Realism? Yes.

Look, Bush may have good intentions, but it is not working out. He had his chance. He offers no apology for misleading us into Iraq, because he has backed himself into a corner.

Our children will be paying the price of this administration long, long after Bush leaves the White House. The worldwide consequences of this man's 4 years as leader of the free world are tremendous.

And while I hope he is defeated this November, I believe the Karl Rove's of the world will not allow it. Legitimately or not, Bush will get his second term.

And when that happens, God help our country and our planet.

God help us.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You get a standing ovation.
Thank you for your post. The truth hurts Republicans. too bad

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon
The primary thing I take away from the president's speech is that he has a vision for what America is and what it should be.

I cheered at the notion of tort reform, medical malpractice reform, and a TAX SYSTEM OVERHALL.

I will go on record saying that GWB has hit a home run with that speech and will get a significant 6-8 point bounce from this convention.

(Thank God Tom Brokencaw is retiring. IMHO his is a news ninny)

Nice analysis.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226

Telling the truth to the American people is #1 job of any President.

We invaded a country who was not an "imminent" or "gathering threat," and left Osama to run away with plans for future destruction. This President has allowed Israel to craft our foreign policy under the guise of "America's Interests."

[edit on 3-9-2004 by cstyle226]

This not being the Iraq war forum I will not debate the Iraq issue, though I concede it has not been a bed of roses. I would like to point out, however that the world has benefitted from the strong position that the US has taken. The number and area of effects of wars world wide is at its lowest point in decades. A strong stance by a superpower has always been the seedbed of peace. In fact in the absence of such leadership war and anarchy have historically been the result.

Further cstyle226, if Bush is defeated in NOvember he will be beaten by Kerry who has shown through his record that he has few convictions. Of the things he has been consitant on, the most striking one is that he has voted against just about every defense spending program and project ever put before the senate. In this light there is no more liberal senator than Kerry. He will undoubtedly continue in this bent if he becomes president. God help us all then for we live in a far more dangerous world today than we did when the last peacenick, Jimmy Carter took office. It was his bungling that led to the rise of the mullahs in Iran and the formation of the first terrorist nation.

Let me lastly say that to vote against one vision while not replacing it with another is removing your faucet and leaving the hole in the sink. The leak is fixed but the thirst will kill you.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by s13guy

Nah man, I think you got it all wrong. He's not scared of homosexuals at all.

Your right, he just discriminates against them

Correction. He ignores them.

Nah man, I think you got it all wrong. He's not scared of homosexuals at all. He just doesn't want them aroud him, that's all. Any real man wouldn't want any homosexuals around them.

wouldn't a real man be secure about his sexuality with homosexuals around him?

I'm a real man and very comfortable about my sexuality. The fact is that I don't have any interest in what the homosexual community, male or female, has to say about anything. They are not beneficial to a progressive and decent society in the least bit.

Just the way we are. We're born that way.
Over.

to discriminate? no im sorry but that is a load of turd.
Over.

Not discriminate. That's wrong. To make righteous choices even if others are against it. And that load you're talking of just came from you from your mouth. Where are you transmitting from? A comedy zone?

Far from over.

Over.

[edit on 3/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Grady is a bitter partisan Bush supporter who, now faced with the facts of a failed administration, holds onto his commitment to Bush out of spite, and hatred for what he calls "liberals."

I am hardly bitter and I don't waste my time on hate. Hate only hurts the hater. You should be more careful when you try to characterize others. Am I partisan? Maybe, but you won't find me making knee-jerk decisions and when a given party moves too far from my values you can bet I won't remain on board for the sake of tradition. Parties owe their loyalty to me, not mine to them.

I have a strong respect for GW, even though I have many disagreements with his policies. I have no respect for John Kerry, because he came home from Vietnam and started to build his political career on the backs of his fellow veterans and I blanch every time I hear him say that he defended his nation as a young man when in fact he sold out his nation as a young man.

When you evaluate others, the first thing you must guard against is projecting on to that person your own attributes. It is a grievous and ignorant error.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

When you evaluate others, the first thing you must guard against is projecting on to that person your own attributes. It is a grievous and ignorant error.
but, but, this is what you do best, Grady

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

I have no respect for John Kerry, because he came home from Vietnam and started to build his political career on the backs of his fellow veterans and I blanch every time I hear him say that he defended his nation as a young man when in fact he sold out his nation as a young man.

Hahah, how'd he sell out America, give secrets to the Russians? He spoke his mind and said the government was doing the wrong thing over there. Tell me how that's selling out. Selling out is simply keeping your mouth shut when you have something to say and perpetuating something you think is wrong.

What'd GW do for America, had daddy get him into a guard unit so he could go AWOL? Basically some guy who was more qualified to fly an F-102 got screwed out of his slot because Bush's dad was a Congressman.

GW could have just as easily served in combat - guaranteed combat slot - if he wanted to prove he had guts. But he took the champagne squadron. How are you going to say GW showed more patriotism than John Kerry, honestly? You don't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Kerry being a "say what you have to, to win" type person.

That's how I felt listening to his speech at the DNC.That he was only saying what everyone wants to hear.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

but, but, this is what you do best, Grady

To my knowledge, GradyPhilpott, didn't throw the first punch. This thread was meant to comment on President Bush's speech, not discuss sexual preferences or the so-called alternative life style.

Not over.

Over.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
How are you going to say GW showed more patriotism than John Kerry, honestly? You don't have a leg to stand on.

Please that was never in the post from Grady. A direct comparison of the the two candidates military service was not even suggested. If you want to make a point of it just do it. You can make a point without an implied insult, can't you? This type of mud throwing is so old. Kerry trashed the country as a youth by lying about attocities he witnessed or participated in. He then used those lies to gain political notoriety and eventually a senate seat. He is dishonorable for doing so. He is at best an opportunist and at worst a meglomaniac.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Johannmon]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
As a Republican that disagrees with the President's stance on gay marriage (I fully support gay marriage), I find it very amazing that this is an issue on which Mr. Kerry cannot find firm ground. He says he opposes gay marriage but does not support the amendment that according to court rulings thus far, is the only way to prevent them.

His position is pretty clear imo. He says that he personally doesn't believe in gay marriage, but that there shouldn't be an amendment to the Constitution to ban them, and that it should be up to the states to decide whether to allow it or not (thru public vote, judicial decision, whatever). I don't think he's said anywhere that he disapproves of some of the courts ruling on the issue, just that it's not an issue the national government should be involved in.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Hahah, how'd he sell out America, give secrets to the Russians? He spoke his mind and said the government was doing the wrong thing over there.

You are doing what veterans have avoided dong for over hundred year and that is diminishing the service of non-combatants. Combatants are proud of their service, but they have always understood that they could not survive in the field without the support of non combatants and when you denigrate the service of George Bush you denigrate the service of thousands of others who served along side him.

What'd GW do for America, had daddy get him into a guard unit so he could go AWOL? Basically some guy who was more qualified to fly an F-102 got screwed out of his slot because Bush's dad was a Congressman.

It's doubful that many people were screwed out of their positions because of GW, since many dropped off the list because of the active duty committment necessary for pilot training.

GW could have just as easily served in combat - guaranteed combat slot - if he wanted to prove he had guts. But he took the champagne squadron. How are you going to say GW showed more patriotism than John Kerry, honestly? You don't have a leg to stand on.

GW Bush did take a relativley easy way out, along with thousands of others. Never the less his service was honorable. GW Bush showed more patriotism because he didn't lie before congress about the execution of the war in Vietnam. Kerry is a traitor. GW is not.

[edit on 04/9/3 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join