It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Planet in our solar system near Earth? Why no posts on ATS yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Fast forward to 1:15
Comments greatly appreciated!

edit: Would appreciate experienced astronomers comments, amateur or not. Found this on VonHelton's channel just now. As he says, you can see the lens flare in the very bottom right corner, so the big blue ball to the right-top-right area is NOT LENS FLARE. Let's make this go viral.
edit on 11/10/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Huh, we born not knowing, are we born knowing all?We growing wiser, are we just growing tall?Can you read thoughts? can you read palms?Huh, can you predict the future? can you see storms, coming?The Earth was flat if you went too far you would fall offNow the Earth is round if the shape change again everybody woulda start laughThe average man can't prove of most of the things that he chooses to speak ofAnd still won't research and find out the root of the truth that you seek ofScholars teach in Universities and claim that they're smart and cunningTell them find a cure when we sneeze and that's when their nose start runningAnd the rich get stitched up, when we get cutMan a heal dem broken bones in the bush with the wed mudCan you read signs? can you read stars?Can you make peace? can you fight war?Can you milk cows, even though you drive cars? huhCan you survive, Against All Odds, Now?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Appears to be a lens flare to me
I am all for a new planet in our solar system but this is not it. Sorry :\

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

wrong, look again, the lens flare is in the very bottom right corner. first it appears on the right side, then as the satellite or whatever it is filming moves along the flare appears in the bottom right.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
this was posted yesterday and talked about 500+ people say its a lens flare but im afraid they know nothing about lens flares if they consider this to be one... but who knows what it actually is

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Already posted

I think it looks cool whatever it is.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I really don't understand how people don't recognize a lens flare when they see one?

Come on people, cameras have been around for long enough now...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

you can see the lens flare clearly on the right side brosif. then in the bottom right corner. did you even watch the entire clip from 1:15 on or did you watch maybe 5 seconds of it and then come to your conclusion?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You have GOT to be kidding me! This AGAIN!?!?

See, you see what happens when this rubbish isn't slapped with a [HOAX] label the first time around?! /golfclap

It's a lens flare.

Smarter Than You huh? Right......

ETA
Mods, I implore you, please deal with these threads. They are an obvious hoax. Many have asked why the other thread is even open. This is just nonsense.

edit on 10-11-2011 by Lighterside because: because I can

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It's been posted here www.abovetopsecret.com...
and thoroughly debunked as it is obviously lens flare... there's even a 2nd bigger, more transparent blue circle on the right side of the picture in line with it, about as classic an example of lens flare as you can get...

Besides did you really think a big blue planet could be sitting in our solar system that close to earth and amateur astronomers or even yourself with a pair of binoculars would all miss it?? Not to mention the measurable gravitational effects it would have.

Or let me guess you thought it was one of those "stealth cloaking nibiru" planets

edit on 10-11-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm not an astronomer, photographer or anything. My guess is the Moon. Don't know why it would look blue, though. Maybe a filter on the camera lens or something.

Then again, I could be completely off base. Just my two cents.
edit on 10-11-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

If it's not a lens flare why does it's size fluctuate with the movement of camera and light?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
OP you just got excited over a lens flare

HITF would nasa keep it quiet even if it was real? Shouldn't we all be able to see it just like we see our moon?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DaVillen

If you were smarter than the OP (who couldn't figure out how to properly use search to begin with) then you would know! Some things are just beyond the understanding of an average person. /sarcasm

Lucky for us, he's smarter than the rest of us!
/snickering

oooooh, couldn't help myself (incoming wrist slap possible)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
You have GOT to be kidding me! This AGAIN!?!?

See, you see what happens when this rubbish isn't slapped with a [HOAX] label the first time around?! /golfclap

It's a lens flare.

Smarter Than You huh? Right......

ETA
Mods, I implore you, please deal with these threads. They are an obvious hoax. Many have asked why the other thread is even open. This is just nonsense.

I feel stupid... I honestly spent, like, 20 seconds trying to find the "alien" world in the gif before I figured out it was the lens flare. I had to pareidolia-ize it first.
edit on 10-11-2011 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx

Bah, don't feel bad, it could be worse. You could be thinking you're looking at a giant blue planet with moons.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Why bother asking ”What is this?” when you've already decided the only answer you're willing to accept?
You're not looking for confirmation, you're looking for validation.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Please continue in the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join