It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Takes Down Debate Poll Because Ron Paul Won

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KristinLynnxo

Not just you, looks like they took down the part of the wall where people can free post, so everybody is posting on his posts...the occupation continues.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ridiculous, but no surprise, of course. I put up a poll and I know it obviously won't make a difference to any media sites, ha, but so far I've posted it in places where there's a diverse cross-section of people, but hell, why not post this here now- I just really want my own poll...
jazoovian.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by KristinLynnxo

Not just you, looks like they took down the part of the wall where people can free post, so everybody is posting on his posts...the occupation continues.

Ty and yes!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Because only Ron Paul supporters know how to use the internet. Just ridiculous. This, along with the Fox News poll is nothing more than control. Steering elections.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by Section31

How do you know for a "fact" that Ron Paul can not beat Obama? Do you have a crystal ball or something?

How do you also explain the numerous polls that have Ron Paul and Obama in a virtual dead heat for the Presidency should Paul get the nomination?

I have been watching the 'voter only' polls at Rasmussen Reports. While everyone here at ATS was yelling 'Ron Paul! Ron Paul!", the 'voters only' polls were telling a completely different story. You see... When the mainstream media runs polls, (MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, ABC, FOX, and CBS), they do not distinguish between voters and non voters. Another flaw with the mainstream media polls is that they do not distinguish between US citizens and foreigners, social class, culture, age groups, genders, state, etc... Unlike those free media type of polls, the Rasmussen Reports are paid for by politicians, demographers, and many other professionals. Rasmussen Reports are very scientific.

Here are a few examples:
Link: Obama 44%, Paul 35%

Monday, October 31, 2011

President Obama continues to lead Texas Congressman Ron Paul in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Obama earning 44% support to Paul’s 35%. Thirteen percent (13%) prefer some other candidate, and eight percent (8%) are undecided.

Link: Ob ama 48%, Cain’s 37%

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Businessman Herman Cain is losing ground in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup against President Obama.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Voters finds Obama earning 48% support to Cain’s 37%.

The national survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted on November 7-8, 2011 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

Link: Florida Primary: Cain 30%, Romney 24%, Gingrich 19%

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

As he continues to battle media coverage over past sexual harassment allegations, businessman Herman Cain leads other Republican hopefuls in the first Rasmussen Reports look at the GOP primary race in Florida.

The latest statewide telephone survey of Likely Republican Primary voters shows Cain with 30% support while former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney picks up 24% of the vote. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich draws support from 19% of Florida GOP voters with no other candidate picking up double-digits.

See that last line?

If other Republican candidates can beat a Republican candidate Ron Paul now, he cannot win if he ran as an Independent candidate. Independent candidate Ron Paul will prevent a Republican win; thus, he will cause Obama to automatically win the 2012 election. Independent candidate Ron Paul would be a spoiler. Republicans will lose by the exact percentage points, which Ron Paul will steal from the party. Technically, Ron Paul is the Ross Perot of 2012.

How do you like my crystal ball now?

edit on 11/10/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Why don't we just boycott all MSM material to an extreme. Perhaps we can fix more of our problems by ignoring what the fat-cats want us to hear, rather than trying to annoy them by standing on their front porch. I'm not anti-OWS, not am I by any means an avid supporter, just throwing an idea out there.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Funny, you left out a couple fairly recent polls...

Mitt Romney stands the best chance among Republican presidential contenders of beating President Barack Obama in next year’s election, according to a new Harris Interactive poll released Tuesday.

The former Massachusetts governor also was the favored GOP candidate among independent voters, with Texas Rep. Ron Paul following close behind, according to the online survey of 2,462 adults taken in mid-September.

The news was also good for Paul when pitted against Obama in a head-to-head matchup.

While survey participants gave Romney a 53 percent to 47 percent edge over Obama in a general election race, they said Paul could also beat Obama by 51 percent to 49 percent.
www.newsmax.com...

In a new Reuters/Ipsos survey, 2012 Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul polls within striking distance of President Obama among registered voters.

“Our campaign has been gaining momentum for some time now, and this is yet another poll that clearly proves how competitive we are versus the President” said Ron Paul 2012 Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton. “Dr. Paul is gaining ground in poll after poll, affirming that people are looking for real change instead of the status quo they are being offered from the establishment.”

These results come just a few weeks after a Rasmussen poll showed him within a percent of President Obama in a head-to-head matchup.

Another recent Gallup survey, conducted August 17-18, shows Paul only 2 points behind Obama in a general election match-up. In a similar head to head survey from last year done by Rasmussen, Paul actually drew a statistical dead heat with the President. And earlier this year in a survey by CNN, he did the best out of the other Republicans put up against Obama in a head-to-head poll.
www.fitsnews.com...

Rasmussen

The president and the maverick are running almost dead even in a hypothetical 2012 election matchup.

Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul earns 38% of the vote to President Obama’s 39% in the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters. Fourteen percent (14%) like some other candidate, and eight percent (8%) remain undecided.
dailybail.com...

Looks like your crystal ball is a bit foggy...also, these "scientific" polls aren't anymore reliable than online polls, probably even less so....

Before a poll is done, the pollster is contracted by a client who pays for it. In theory the client explains what information is needed from the public and the pollster designs the sample methodology to accurately gather this information with a poll.

In real life, things work quite differently.

To survive in the business, a pollster learns very quickly that the most important factor in polling is the relationship between the pollster and client. The pollster realizes that the client has to be satisfied with the results of the poll. Otherwise, no more business. Human nature being what it is, a pollster understands the client isn’t looking for negativity from the poll. So the most critical part of this process is the pollster trying to figure out in advance of the poll, what would make the client happy. Once a pollster has learned that important truth, he/she can proceed to successfully do the job — provide polling data that will make the client happy.

*snip*

And that is why the most important question in assessing the merits of a poll is: Who is funding the poll?

This observation is not mere conjecture. There is a mountain of research evidence that poll results tend to be biased in favor of the interests of the clients who are funding these polls. The latest datum point comes from the 2010 US midterm elections. Analysis of the hundreds of polls conducted during these campaigns provides clear evidence that Republican funded polls have a significant Republican candidate bias and Democrat funded polls have a significant Democratic candidate bias. Curiously, pollsters have decided the problem is not them. It’s those ignorant journalists who write the stories without applying sufficient “rigorous examination”
biasinonlinesurveys.idiary.com...

edit on 10-11-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by maddog99

You really do think Ron Paul is some sort of threat to the status quo, don't you? Sigh. Ron Paul has two - TWO - positions that set him apart from the other eight candidates.

1) He wants to audit the fed
2) he wants to end the war on terror

And good for him, I say. These are both good ideas. The trouble is... this doesn't make him the revolutionary leader pressing for massive, sweeping change that you guys have in your heads. Everywhere else, he's pretty orthodox. In fact, you're not going to find any significant differences between his domestic plan and the plans of the other republican candidates. They're all the same.

Have you actually read his platform? No, you clearly have not. Go do your homework before you post.

1) cut taxes massively at the top
2) Cut government services everywhere else.
3) Claim that the government you just defunded and slashed "isn't working"
4) Sell off the public assets to your buddies in assorted private industries
5) Enjoy your kickbacks and retire in some warm nation with no extradition treaty.

This is why I haunt Ron Paul threads. You guys keep breaking your arms to pat yourself on the back about how smart you all are, so I'm trying to get you guys to realize just what you're trying so hard to get into here. So far as I can tell, you're all of the mind that you don't really give a good goddamn what happens so long as "your guy" wins.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Another pathetic last ditch effort on behalf of faux republican propaganda news. Bill Orly is just the figure head of ignorance and corruption at faux. But the irony is that the Republican party is in shambles and Ron Paul is the only logical choice. I would think republicans would have learned from the John Mccain Sarah Palen debacle ... these candidates are destined to fail. It is such a laughing joke. Hard to look away at the train wreck.

Ron Paul refuses to get in bed with them "literally" and in going against the grain has reaped it's rewards. The more they deny him and pretend he does not exist the more it rings true to anyone with a functioning brain. He is not on the side of corruption within the party , the thing that has destroyed the party.He is a man of principle and this is unheard of with the republican party in these times. It is obvious the party is not compromised of politicians but birds of a feather agenda serving elitists. This will come with very little success for the entire republican party for it is not reaching out to the little guy.

Ron Paul is doing something very right ! He is being painted as a Dark Horse and faux does not even know it. people want the bad boy they want James Dean. Not intended to be Sambo "featuring crocodile tears" , not Fatso, David Duke not Bimbo. What a freak show of a line up.

I take it Ron Paul wont be Faux next flavor of the month?

That is a good thing, Go Ron Paul!

edit on 10-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
yah and when ron paul set the world record twice with campain contributions in a single day, once again it was because a bunch of ron paul supporters spamed the campaign site with their cash. as this was totally unfair to all the other candidates who only had corporate support. faux and msnBS were forced to not report those results either.

who or what controls the media is obviously nervous about rp because any popular support he generates is ussually rooted in his insistence to shut down the fed. tptb dont fear a candidate they fear the masses looking up from their tvs long enuff to realise how much theyre being screwed by the left/right/republican/democrat/corporate/miltatary/banking machine/empire.

plus i suspect if rp had the office he would not pay the debt i believe he would argue its unconstitutional as well as a hustle/theft(id agree).

how anyone could even consider voting for any candidate that isnt at least talking about ending the fed and printing our own money interest free is beyond me. its one thing to borrow money when in great need but to borrow money when its printed???

ill look for the perfect candidate after the fed is gone and we have some type of fiscal sanity. coming up on 15 trillion in debt and were still trying to pay it of by borrowing even more money with interest??? at this point im almost ready to support the kkk if theyd supported ending the fed and moving to a system that has its bills paid and money in the bank.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Funny, since those are outdated polls.

Did you ever think to check the article dates?

*facepalm*

Ron Paul Cannot Win! You do not have to like the truth. Ron Paul cannot win!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Outdated, because they're a month or two old?? Then what the hell is the significance of the polls you posted, since the elections aren't for a YEAR!? Let's see where we are in a year or so...

He WILL win!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by maddog99

Nope. Because 400 people is not large enough to reduce the margin of error to an acceptable level.

Any other silly questions?

Sarcasm. Look it up.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ah, I can see the 2012 headlines now:

"Congressman Ron Paul Wins General Election; Disqualified Due to Vote Spamming"

And what kind of authority does the MSM have to lecture We the People on promoting candidates, anyway?

Seriously MSM, you might want to hide your hypocrisy; it's showing pretty plainly right now.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Funny, since those are outdated polls.

Did you ever think to check the article dates?

*facepalm*

You either have a poor understanding of words,or you dont know how to use them correctly.
Either way,your set backs are forgiven.

"Cannot"
Would have to mean no possible or viable way.
And that would mean the primarys were over and a canidate had already been chosen.

Considering neither has happened yet,and he is still in the running,theres still a possibility of him winning.
Its not about probable,but as long as possible exists,"cannot" is not an aplicable term.

Thank you
Cheers~!~

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
To all the Ron Paul supporters out there, these types of dirty tricks, and the "Ron Paul cannot win" garbage that the corporate media (and two or three trolls here on ATS) keep repeating, over and over, is meant to wear us down. They want us to just give up, and fall in line. HELL NO, it's not gonna work this time.

Here's a good article/blog written today...

A Short Pep Rally for Ron Paul Supporters!
truthandculture.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Actually he CAN win and... dare I say... probably WOULD win if the media machine was fronting him the way they did Obama.
edit on 10-11-2011 by TinFoilChapeau because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Once again, Ron Paul is 'cheating' because his supporters are organized and enthusiastic...

I prefer the candidates who do it the old fashioned way........they just buy their elections with obscene amounts of money spread all over the media.

Who would you rather have: a man who has stayed true to his core beliefs for decades or a man who spent so much money last election that he almost doubled the amount they spent over their rival. www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen3273676

You're absolutely right i never thought about that!

TPTB aren't afraid of Ron but of the masses thinking for themselves and realizing how they've been f*#!d by the government,

Ron Paul is the aid to creating free thinkers and free thinkers are not easy to control.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by 27jd

All us Ron Paulers should just go settle out in the middle of nowhere somewhere and make our own country. The only war we'd ever have to worry about again would be with the federal government.

I'de settle for Canada.
But yeah, if you need my signature, I'd petition for my own Ron Paul country

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join