It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Takes Down Debate Poll Because Ron Paul Won

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Following in the footsteps of Bill O'Reilly...

We had a poll up from our Republican Presidential Debate asking readers who they thought won. One candidate was leading by such a margin that it became obvious the polling wasn't so much a reading of our audience, but of the Internet prowess of this particular candidate's political organization. We have therefore taken the poll down.
www.cnbc.com...

Once again, Ron Paul is 'cheating' because his supporters are organized and enthusiastic...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Well obviously CNBC can NEVER believe an online poll again..

They can all be rigged..

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

All us Ron Paulers should just go settle out in the middle of nowhere somewhere and make our own country. The only war we'd ever have to worry about again would be with the federal government.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Well , isn't that a " Sign " that as a Presidential Candidate , he has alot of Public Support ? Not All of those Poll Votes came from Avid Paul Followers , I bet most were from adverage People that just happen to Agree with the Ideas about Goverment he is putting out there . Most People respect a Person who has Age and Wisdom , and Ron Paul fits that bill to a tee......

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmericanAll us Ron Paulers should just go settle out in the middle of nowhere somewhere and make our own country.

You mean you don't want to live in the United State of America?
edit on 11/9/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
While I agree with Ron Paul on a lot of issues, there are quite a few that I disagree with as well. That said, I think tonight was his best showing of all of the debates. He didn't come off as shrill, like he has in the past, and spoke confidently and succinctly. I felt he either won the debate or tied with Gingrich and Dr. Paul at least has me reconsidering him as a candidate. It's a shame that MSM can't at least give him credit when it is due.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Funny, the federal government would say the same thing should he ever find the popular vote and use a similar reason never allow him in the White House...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdnutz44
It's a shame that MSM can't at least give him credit when it is due.

LOL, that would be the day. By the way, they would have to be open, honest and truthful...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What,
hahahahahaha !!!!!
haha THEY HAVE RON PAUL CHAT SITES!!!!
OMG hahaahahahahahaahaahaha
hahahahaahhaahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

haha

oh that makes me laugh....
Is it like eharmony for ron paul supporters ?

"We love ron paul, and we want you to love each other...
so make love for ron paul tonight...ON OUR CHAT SITE!
small fee may be charged "

Not dissing The Paul he's cool... is anyone really surprised..it is nbc we are talking about
edit on 9-11-2011 by KingAtlas because: fix

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by 27jd

Well , isn't that a " Sign " that as a Presidential Candidate , he has a lot of Public Support ? Not All of those Poll Votes came from Avid Paul Followers , I bet most were from average People that just happen to Agree with the Ideas about Government he is putting out there . Most People respect a Person who has Age and Wisdom , and Ron Paul fits that bill to a tee......

I absolutely agree! Obviously he has a lot of public support. I don't even waste my time watching the main stream news anymore. Go Ron! I will write him in even if I have to.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Ron Paul is 'cheating' because his supporters are organized and enthusiastic...

So whats wrong with being organized and enthusiastic? Seriously? Panic button anyone? The media crying about supporters being organized and enthusiastic? Everyone in the U.S. is at least organized and enthusiastic or one of thee other. A question to media employees, and everyone else who goes to school or has a job. On a daily basis when you go into work every morning, don't you make sure your organized and enthusiastic?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cdnutz44

his best debate was the previous debate, hands down.

I love how all of these networks have no choice but to take the polls down, RP supporters are a force to be reckoned with, it is undeniable that he has the largest, most dedicated and organized support out of all of the candidates, this is the reason why he will win Iowa, the first caucus/primary in the 2012 GOP primaries.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I dont even care about the poll.

What I care about is the obvious MSM picks of Romney,Newt, and Cain.

I couldnt count how many questions were asked to those guys.

how many did they ask Paul in comparison?

thats what made me mad.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
From CNBC:

An Open Letter to the Ron Paul Faithful

Dear folks,

You guys are good. Real good. You are truly a force on World Wide Web and I tip my hat to you.

That's based on my first hand experience of your work regarding our CNBC Republican candidate debate. After the debate, we put up a poll on our Web site asking who readers thought won the debate. You guys flooded it.

Now these Internet polls are admittedly unscientific and subject to hacking. In the end, they are really just a way to engage the reader and take a quick temperature reading of your audience. Nothing more and nothing less. The cyber equivalent of asking the room for a show of hands on a certain question.

So there was our after-debate poll. The numbers grew ... 7,000-plus votes after a couple of hours ... and Ron Paul was at 75%.

Now Paul is a fine gentleman with some substantial backing and, by the way, was a dynamic presence throughout the debate, but I haven't seen him pull those kind of numbers in any "legit" poll. Our poll was either hacked or the target of a campaign. So we took the poll down.

The next day, our email basket was flooded with Ron Paul support messages. And the computer logs showed the poll had been hit with traffic from Ron Paul chat sites. I learned other Internet polls that night had been hit in similar fashion. Congratulations. You folks are obviously well-organized and feel strongly about your candidate and I can't help but admire that.

But you also ruined the purpose of the poll. It was no longer an honest "show of hands" -- it suddenly was a platform for beating the Ron Paul drum. That certainly wasn't our intention and certainly doesn't serve our readers ... at least those who aren't already in the Ron Paul camp.

Some of you Ron Paul fans take issue with my decision to take the poll down. Fine. When a well-organized and committed "few" can throw the results of a system meant to reflect the sentiments of "the many," I get a little worried. I'd take it down again.

Sincerely,

Allen Wastler
Managing Editor, CNBC.com

Server logs will show if there was indeed poll flooding from specific IPs. I would agree with this editor that any poll showing a 75% lead for a particular candidate has probably been rigged. But then again, if real living persons that are RP followers voted in an honest fashion - i.e., no hacking, then what does it matter if they "got organized"? Isn't that very same organization the sort of thing that would win RP the primary then the general elections?
edit on 10-11-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Once again, Ron Paul supporters are hinging hteir support on easily-gamed internet polls.

Really, guys... You like the guy so much, why not do something that gets you out from in front of the computer screen? Why not hold some sort of "Holy &*$% RON PAUL IS AWESOME!" rally, hashtag it #HSRPIA or something, and really show it all off.

Granted this will mean associating with people who support Ron Paul, so I can understand your reluctance

But really guys. open Internet polls don't tell you anything.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

So this means if there's a link at the RP site for the poll and I click on it, they can track it?
Okay, if that's the case, what's to stop any candidate's supporters from doing the same?
I just don't agree with this. I'm sure everyone who voted watched the debate. Are they not part of the viewing audience?
That's almost like saying, "this football game doesn't count because your fans were too loud."
Anyway, I tried leaving a comment on the CNBC site and they even blocked that now!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by 27jd

But really guys. open Internet polls don't tell you anything.

But reporting on polls that call 400 random people does?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Yes, they can see the referrer page - which would be the page on the Web site that had the active link on it. So if someone on the Dailypaul.com forums or chat rooms places a link to the CNBC poll and says "go get 'em", the logs from CNBC will show a flood of page requests all containing the same referrer. It's part of the HTTP Request Header.

To see it in action;
Go to Web-sniffer.net - if you enter "abovetopsecret.com" and click submit from there, you'll see "web-sniffer.net" as the referrer. If you place a link on your site to ATS, ATS admins will see your Web page as the referrer, should anyone follow that link.

Connect to 67.228.0.162 on port 80 ... ok

GET / HTTP/1.1[CRLF]
Host: www.abovetopsecret.com[CRLF]
Connection: close[CRLF]
User-Agent: Web-sniffer/1.0.37 (+web-sniffer.net...)[CRLF]
Accept-Encoding: gzip[CRLF]
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,UTF-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7[CRLF]
Cache-Control: no-cache[CRLF]
Accept-Language: de,en;q=0.7,en-us;q=0.3[CRLF]
Referer: web-sniffer.net...

This isn't that big a deal as it can easily be blocked. If Dailypaul.com is spamming links to polls and not actively blocking the HTTP request referer, then they're dolts.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Nope. Because 400 people is not large enough to reduce the margin of error to an acceptable level.

Any other silly questions?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I have gotten to where I don't watch the debates. I already know who I am supporting and I already know they will do exactly what they did when it comes to the polls. A couple of weeks ago I was in Des Moines for the straw poll with Ron Paul getting around 82% of the vote. MSM tried to ignore this and then the sponsors decided to support Santorium. Who is backing Santorium? Practically nobody but they threw it to him rather than RP with all the momentum he has been showing. THis election TPTB are pulling out all the stops and this election we are watching them. We know who they are and we know what they are doing. They are proving what people have been claiming for a long time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join