It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC Takes Down Debate Poll Because Ron Paul Won

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by 27jd

I think we should reverse the polling process and not vote on a Ron Paul poll. Start flooding other candidates with poll votes and let it be known. Let's make a mockery of these online polls. If they are not good enough for Ron Paul, maybe they shouldn't be used at all. I bet if all the Ron Paul people voted for Rick Perry or Romney CNBC would report the numbers. Let's expose them and show them as hypocrits.

Actually... that's a really good idea! As long as everyone is also leaving "protest" comments. Otherwise there will be no questioning the results. I'd recommend restricting the protest votes to the least popular candidate, though. The real one, not Ron Paul.

If these internet polls are not achieving the results they want, why not make sure they never have accurate results again?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I dont even care about the poll.

What I care about is the obvious MSM picks of Romney,Newt, and Cain.

I couldnt count how many questions were asked to those guys.

how many did they ask Paul in comparison?

thats what made me mad.

It should make you mad... just like the obvious lie about the validity of their own poll. This is the MSM, the voice the people hear. So are they saying they were hacked? Are they saying that a much smaller group of people were just making new accounts and voting over and over? Well there are ways to know these things. It appears none of them were considered here. It's so clear that they are trying to dictate outcomes. It is the "how" of what pisses you off and should therefore make you just as mad.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We had a poll up from our Republican Presidential Debate asking readers who they thought won. One candidate was leading by such a margin that it became obvious the polling wasn't reflecting the best efforts of us, the liberal media, to steer public opinion toward our candidate of choice. We have therefore taken the poll down.

(I think that's what they were really trying to say)

edit on 10-11-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Actually on the Ron Paul fb page, when they put out polls that have every candidate but Ron Paul and no option for 'other', we flood it for Santorum just to vote against their chosen candidates...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What we need is another movement like bank transfer day. Only this time we boycott MSM, or flood with calls and emails demanding equal billing for Dr. Paul. If their ratings go down, sponsors start leaving. Shows get cancelled and they lose revenue.

Simple.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Here's an MSNBC poll that I bet they wish they could take down...wonder why they haven't. Ron Paul is winning with 11,357 votes.

thelastword.msnbc.msn.com...

Did you notice how they skewed the results graphics? Ron Paul got over DOUBLE the votes Gingrich received and therefore his bar should be twice as long as his. Not to mention it should NOT be the same length as Cain and Romney's who got only 21.6% of the vote each, compared to Paul's 30.6%. This is not the first time they've done this. Either these people are mathematically illiterate or this is a deliberate attempt to sway public opinion. You decide.

Screenshot
edit on 10-11-2011 by Erowynn because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2011 by Erowynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think anonymous should take down their website.

They are too organized and are trying to steer their supporters to the candidate they want to see win.
Seems no different to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Following in the footsteps of Bill O'Reilly...

We had a poll up from our Republican Presidential Debate asking readers who they thought won. One candidate was leading by such a margin that it became obvious the polling wasn't so much a reading of our audience, but of the Internet prowess of this particular candidate's political organization. We have therefore taken the poll down.
www.cnbc.com...

Once again, Ron Paul is 'cheating' because his supporters are organized and enthusiastic...

Ron Paul's supporters are organized and enthusiastic, or the few followers he has are voting numerous of times. If you are a web administrator, the first indication of false readings are repeated i.p. addresses. Since we do not have that information, proving the validity of CNBC's claims will be hard. Unless you have some type of extra sensory perception, I do not think your statement can currently be taken as fact. We need more data.

Ron Paul as a Republican will not beat Obama.
Ron Paul as a Independent will not beat Obama; however, he would be a spoiler that will upset a Republican win.

Regardless about what political party he represents, Ron Paul does not have the ability to beat Obama. Democrats know that Ron Paul is the weakest link, so I am willing to beat they helped bloat the polling numbers. Perry and Cain are falling into polling hell. However, Mitt Romney has remained steady at 24%/30%.

Although I am a Libertarian (right-leaning) voter, I know for a fact that Obama will win the 2012 election. Obama has made some serious mistakes, but his Republican counterparts have some dilemmas.

Herman Cain's sex scandals. At least four out of the five are fake. Many think Cain is the Obama version of the Republican party; thus, he is a salesman without any substance.

Mitt Romney's Mormon Religion. Majority of the Conservative and Democrat voters are Catholic and Evangelical Christian. Ironically, Latinos also have a strong Catholic-Conservative base.

Rick Perry's stance on immigration. 65%-70% of the voter population want strict immigration laws. Ironically, the Latinos who are here legally also want strict immigration laws. Perry wants open borders.

Ron Paul's extreme radical approach to governing. Many people find him too radical, and they also think Paul is too old to become president.

edit on 11/10/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Are you guys using some kind of software to ruin the polls? You all seem to admit your doing this? If anything it will cost Paul votes. Are the people doing this old enough to vote anyway? Seems like something children would do, not adults.

Perhaps they should all stop doing the online polls as the results are meaningless anyway. Cheating to rig a poll is well

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Clearly, NBC is no longer a journalistic organization... there was little hope anyway.

Welcome to my Fox Box, reserved for nutjobs and propagandists.

Khar

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by 27jd

Once again, Ron Paul supporters are hinging hteir support on easily-gamed internet polls.

Really, guys... You like the guy so much, why not do something that gets you out from in front of the computer screen? Why not hold some sort of "Holy &*$% RON PAUL IS AWESOME!" rally, hashtag it #HSRPIA or something, and really show it all off.

Granted this will mean associating with people who support Ron Paul, so I can understand your reluctance

But really guys. open Internet polls don't tell you anything.

And what about the straw polls? Are those being hacked and manipulated as well?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

We had a poll up from our Republican Presidential Debate asking readers who they thought won. One candidate was leading by such a margin that it became obvious the polling wasn't so much a reading of our audience, but of the Internet prowess of this particular candidate's political organization. We have therefore taken the poll down.
www.cnbc.com...

Once again, Ron Paul is 'cheating' because his supporters are organized and enthusiastic...

totally disgusting that CNBC did this. they actually have interviewed him many times and some of the reporters like him

many traders LOVE him

to see them just take down the poll is totally ridiculous.

it proves lots more people than most think...would vote for ron paul

and because they are passionate about his platform, they are willing to go online and vote in a poll

it is beyond me why the mainstream media thinks they are fooling anyone with their ridiculously biased antics and manipulation. SHAME ON YOU CNBC

SHAME

SHAME
SHAME

F U

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

How do you know for a "fact" that Ron Paul can not beat Obama? Do you have a crystal ball or something?

How do you also explain the numerous polls that have Ron Paul and Obama in a virtual dead heat for the Presidency should Paul get the nomination?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

www.cnbc.com...

We are being showen what we as a people are up against,I don't care if you like Paul or not,today Paul,tomarrow your candadate.

WHY IS IT THAT RON PAUL PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY ONE"S THAT KNOW HOW TO LOAD A POLL???????????

I vote on these polls,what am I doing wrong..........................besides voteing for Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

No, I have no such software, and I'm all but computer illiterate. They're accusation is that Ron Paul supporters send out messages, posts, etc. with lists of polls to vote in. Which is true, but it's NOT just Ron Paul supporters...

ultimitt.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

We wouldn't know because the last "scientific" poll that sized up all the candidates against Obama left Ron Paul out, and he was the ONLY one that was left out...strangely.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
it amazes me they can rig the elections but they cant handle it when people go against the status quo.god i hate hipocrates

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
From CNBC: When a well-organized and committed "few" can throw the results of a system meant to reflect the sentiments of "the many," I get a little worried. I'd take it down again.

Sincerely,

Allen Wastler
Managing Editor, CNBC.com

Oh, would you take it down again? That's good to know you stand for the same idea we do. The US government has been overthrown by a well-organized and committed "few." It's meant to reflect "the many" but hasn't for decades. We're a little worried too. You would say it's time to take it down as well, I'm sure, as we would say.

Glad we're all on the same page!

Allen supports Ron Paul, obviously, because he is against the corrupt and broken system that exists currently. He just has a roundabout way of expressing his view!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If anyone is on facebook can you check something, so I know it's not just me?

Earlier today I went to bill o'reilly's FB page and posted a comment about him needing to put the RP poll back up and some sentiment about his no-spin zone being a lie.

Anyway, in my notifications it says people have 'liked' the post, so ok I try and go to my comment and it lands me on a page unavailable notification. So I went straight to his main FB page and his wall is gone. Not 'his' wall but the one where everyone can post comments. lol. I'm not surprised or anything, but I'd like to know if others have seen this as well. The irony of what he says he stands for is almost too much!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
On any poll I've ever taken, I've only voted once.

In fact, I had a feeling that last nights Debate Poll would be taken down. I refreshed the page to see if the option to vote twice was available and it was not. I did not refresh to vote again (I have a life), I did it just to make sure that it wasn't a possibility.

Once you vote, upon refresh the only thing displayed was the results. And this is not with just this poll. They usually do it with every poll to stop "flooding." How could the same I.P. keep voting if it's not even an option?

Where is the proof that it occurred? Again, their argument is technically defamation. It is a bold claim, without any proof. If this was Cain or Romney, then it would be a legit poll. Dr. Paul is not part of their agenda, thus they will continue to discredit him in any way possible.

2nd) Ron Paul supporters do link to polls, but so does every other Candidate's supporters. This is just common in any campaign. The fact that Ron Paul obviously is a front runner, goes against everything they are pushing for the 2012 election. Every campaign in some way, form, or fashion links supporters to polls.

There is an agenda that is occurring and it is blatant.

To further understand the agenda, in recent days Twitter for some odd reason has been sending Cain Promotional tweets (even though I do not follow Cain). I have not received a Promotional Tweet from any other candidate, but Cain for some odd reason is allowed to Spam Twitter users? In fact, I have never received a promotional tweet ever, from any one (company or person), except Cain.

Here's a photo showing this occurrence:

I do not follow Cain, nor was the Tweet re-tweeted by anyone I follow on Twitter. This is against Twitter's T&C, yet I continue to receive these promotion tweets despite contact Twitter Customer service several times. If this isn't evidence of corporations trying to push an agenda (even against their own T&C), then I do not know what is. If this was Dr. Paul spamming twitter users for donations, you would hear it on the news that that Dr. Paul supporters were spamming social media. Since, it's Cain it flies. Despite never received a promotional tweet before, I still only receive promotional tweets from Cain.

I've contacted Twitter, and they always respond with a canned response, never addressing the issue.

Again, this is an agenda that goes above just polls.

edit on 10-11-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join