It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Eating and Drinking Aborted Fetuses?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Even if it were true you could bet the pro-choice bunch would have no problem with it.
edit on 9-11-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

I am pro-choice and I have serious problems with this.
Please stop stereotyping people.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It does seem that they are using the isolated fetal cells to test flavor enhancers and additives, according to the story cited.

It still seems messed up to me. What's wrong with adult humans being the testers? Are these additives still untested as far as whether or not they are hazardous to ingest?

Using stem cells to cure disease is one thing. Mega corporations using them to test new chemical concoctions that fool our brain into believing that their (crap)food tastes good enough to eat is another.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by 547000

It's not even true.

What is it with the sheep on this site as of late?

I said "if it were true".

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Why would you have a problem with this if you don't even think a fetus is human?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Why would people have problems with this?

There's dead skin cells in the dust around your house.

You inhale them every day!

It's not as if the babies would be killed in order for these ingredients to be supplied.

I mean, the same damned matter have been recycled countless times between organisms over the eons.

I just don't see anything wrong with this.

It's kind of like the meat eaters who love beef, but then flip once they realize we have to slaughter cows to get that juicy hamburger.

I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Although the fetal cells are not in that product, they are used in other products along with other human body parts. Did they make Jeffery Dahmer the head of product development or what?

www.soundchoice.org...
aborted fetal cells/proteins in cosmetics.

naturalnews.com...
Hair from China used as dough conditioner

Don't use cosmetics or consume processed, packaged food and you'll be fine!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Are you guys unable to read?

There is no aborted fetal tissue in that cream. It is proteins derived from a line of cells taken from aborted fetal tissue There is a huge difference.
edit on 9-11-2011 by antonia because: opps

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Can you guys unable to read?

Awesome..

Can you gal unable to write?

Sorry I had to!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Why would people have problems with this?

There's dead skin cells in the dust around your house.

You inhale them every day!

It's not as if the babies would be killed in order for these ingredients to be supplied.

I mean, the same damned matter have been recycled countless times between organisms over the eons.

I just don't see anything wrong with this.

It's kind of like the meat eaters who love beef, but then flip once they realize we have to slaughter cows to get that juicy hamburger.

I don't get it.

Muslims don't consume human body parts for religious reasons.

Instead of asking, "What's wrong with eating human body parts?", why not ask "Why are human body parts in my food?" They are NOT a necessary ingredient. It's bizarre and twisted. I hear human flesh tastes wonderful. I'm not ready to go there on any level. Are YOU?

link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I must pause for a moment as I read the link you provide...You reference it as a news article but the author of the blog never provides a link or even a reference as to who the author is. The Pro-Life group which is actually making the claim is a group with an under lying agenda based upon religion so of course they will put forth shocking claims like this to gather more steam for their poltical engine. This is farfetched but if any evidence exist other than a blog based upon a lobbyist groups claims then bring it forth and you very well could claim the pulitzer prize

link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I already fixed it. I was originally going to say "Can you guys read"?
But i'll be sure the next time you screw up to point and laugh at you.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Relax. I screwed up in my above post. It was just a bit ironic.

Don't you see the humor in that?

Chill out.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's scary if you actually look into what goes into our food and drink. There's a good reason they use "euphemisms" when they give the ingredients of products, because if they told you what they really put in your food, you'd never eat again.

When you look at the ingredients of, let's say Skittles you see something in the order...

Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Hydrogenated Vegetable Fat, Citric Acid (E330), Malic Acid (E296), Tartaric Acid, Trisodium Citrate (E331iii), Modified Starch, Dextrin, Maltodextrin, Undefined Flavouring, Quinoline Yellow (E104), Sunset Yellow (E110), Carminic Acid (E120), Carmoisine (E122), Ponceau 4R (E124), Indigo Carmine (E132), Brilliant Blue (E133), Titanium Dioxide (E171), Carnauba Wax (E903), Shellac (E904), Vegetable Oil

Doesn't say much, does it? You need a PhD in chemistry to really understand what it's all about.

Do you know what these common ingredients really are:

Carmine or carminic acid?

Used as a food colouring and for cosmetics Made from bugs.

Other examples:
Ammonium sulfate?

A food additive in food like bread. Also commonly known as fertilizer.

Castoreum?

Commonly used in both food and beverages, especially as vanilla and raspberry flavouring. Ever wondered what beaver butt tastes like?

Propylene glycol?

Used as a humectant food additive, labelled as E number E1520. Oh. And anti-freeze.

And so on.

Bottomline is, if we really look into what we actually put into our mouths, we'll be boicotting a LOT of companies. Vegans would be particularly miffed.

Not that I find the use of aborted fetuses really comparable to the previous examples. I just think it's a bit of an urban legend that's been going around. The article reads like it was written using a "I'm creating an urban legend" template. Yes, Pepsi have been named in one or two random articles. But is there any actual hard evidence? And all the other companies that are named? ANY evidence whatsoever to put them under the microscope?

See also child cannabalism...

And let's say it's true - as I understand it they're not putting any actual fetuses in the food/drink. They're simply using them to research flavorants/colorants...

My vote: Hoax/Urban Myth
edit on 9-11-2011 by Gemwolf because: Clarity.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I'm pro-choice and "if it were true", I would not approve of it.

But it's NOT true.

So stop spreading ignorance like a virus.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A little aborted fetus in the coffee can really perk up your day.
It's a good thing.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'm with antonia on this - those that are screaming soylent green, should actually READ the article.

And the OP should read his own links and change his title. Very misleading and pure scare mongering..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

There is no aborted fetal tissue in that cream. It is proteins derived from a line of cells taken from aborted fetal tissue There is a huge difference.

Surely, you jest! That's hysterical. So, if I am making human blood soup and spin the blood in a centrifuge and use only the plasma in the soup, it's not human blood anymore? Is it still an egg if you only use the white?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by TheAmused

They're dead, and processed so that it's sanitary.

What's the big deal?

I don't eat processed food or any artificial food colorings or preservatives, so am likely in the clear.

WHAT THE HELL! Yes they're dead, however I'm NOT WILLING TO HAVE DEMONS FORCE FEED ME THIS WITHOUT ME KNOWNING.

I WANT THEM IN JAIL FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES! YOU'VE NEVER HAD CAMPBELL'S SOUP?
edit on 9-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Demons?!

Oh dear..

End of discussion.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu

Surely, you jest! That's hysterical. So, if I am making human blood soup and spin the blood in a centrifuge and use only the plasma in the soup, it's not human blood anymore? Is it still an egg if you only use the white?

You have no understanding of what I am saying. The cells themselves aren't used, it is protein derived from that line of cells which was derived from cells taken from that skin. You may have an issue with how the cells from which the protein was derived were originally obtained, but it's a far cry from slathering human flesh on you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join