It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 November 8 Radar Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I did a search however could not find a thread dedicated to this video. Its an interesting study just wanted to get it up for conversation. There seems to be a few shiny points however I cannot determine if that is an effect of the radar imaging.
I just enjoy this footage for what it is an insight into space and those objects that travel through it with us. The child in me remembers the Millennium Falcon flying through a field of these. Its actually quite peaceful in its rotation.

Just wanted to add in the last few seconds it looks like a peanut.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Shirak because: Add sum more.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I see what you mean by shony points. There's one that comes up from the bottom right and each time it starts climbing into view the film jumps.
This happens several times.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

I understand this could be an effect of space radar imaging I am just reviewing some other space radar imaging to see if I can spot the same effect.

This one doesn't have any shiny anomalies. the difference is it is deep space however this brings a question to mind.
Could it be reflecting the sun? Perhaps some silicone based crystal or glass in its composition?
hmmm
edit on 8-11-2011 by Shirak because: Add vid comparison.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

The film appears to be on a loop rather than continuous footage
A loop with several cut scenes...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Yeah I wondered why there were cuts in the footage when it reached a certain rotation.One would think they would want to show the full rotation...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak

I understand this could be an effect of space radar imaging I am just reviewing some other space radar imaging to see if I can spot the same effect.

This one doesn't have any shiny anomalies. the difference is it is deep space however this brings a question to mind.
Could it be reflecting the sun? Perhaps some silicone based crystal or glass in its composition?
hmmm
edit on 8-11-2011 by Shirak because: Add vid comparison.

Well, since YU55 is thought to be mostly carbon based, I'm wondering if these sparklies might actually be raw diamond-like material ?

"Lucy in the sky with diamonds"

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That's great. Heavy cloud over my City,So I will not have a chance to see it pass by, if I had a chance anyway.

I do not know alot about Radar imaging, but it's nice to see what that old rock looks like. To think of the devastation it could cause if it did slam Earth?

Thanks for sharing. Peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Thus far I have seen quite a few different versions of what it is supposed to look like.
I sat there waiting for the sooho footage and it went from Pass 1 to counrdown to Pass 2 in a millisecond....
4 hours to go to again not see anything.
You'd think that after the Chinese and Americans both put something in space in the last week that there would be at least one decent camera pointing toward it.
I wonder if anyone on here has a ham radio which they coukd train towards it....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Ooooh I like diamonds. I must admit I don't have any information on its suspected composition. If one were to infer that the sparks seen were diamonds they would be huuuuge.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yes one would think there would be more footage out there. I just watched a video saying they have 2 big radio telescopes pointed at it. Its the same feed being played on the news though with rotation cuts made in every one I have seen.
Its making world news yet the amount of footage being released is limited. I hope some independents get some more complete footage released.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Your post reminded me of this -
Astronomers Find a Huge Diamond in Space

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Maybe we're only allowed to see a part of it...
The other side probably has Chinese and American astronauts battling it out over who gets to stick their flag into it and claim mineral rights
Sort of like Moonraker but with less Jaws and more corporate lawsuits

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka

Your post reminded me of this -
Astronomers Find a Huge Diamond in Space

Ha ! They even mention "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" !

... Damn, I swear I'm my own worst enemy... now that song is stuck in my head.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Just wanted to add in the last few seconds it looks like a peanut.

A little off topic, but after reading that, the first thing that popped into my mind was Joe Dirt's "space peanut".

Meteor Bert: Well, it ain't a meteor.

Joe Dirt: Yeah, it is. It came out of the sky.

Meteor Bert: Well I'm sure it did but it ain't no meteor. It's a big ol' frozen chunk o' #.

Joe Dirt: What?

Meteor Bert: Oh yeah, see them airplanes they dump their toilets 36,000 feet. The stuff freezes and falls to earth. We call 'em Boeing bombs.
[chomps teeth]

Joe Dirt: No, that can't be. That's not what it is.

Meteor Bert: Oh, afraid so. See that peanut? Dead giveaway.

Joe Dirt: Uhhh, no, that's a space peanut.

Meteor Bert: No, afraid not. That just a big ol' frozen chunk of poopy.

Studio manager: Dude, you were eating off it!

On topic:
Very intersting footage for what it is, S&F

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I liked Tank Girl up until the point where she'd produced offspring with first Roo and then a tank
We went our seperate ways after that....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
wow, i want this to hit the ocean!@ big splash...will wake up the sheep on the planet! baaahhhhhhhh

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

... Damn, I swear I'm my own worst enemy... now that song is stuck in my head.

Damn fine tune to have stuck in your head though!!

edit on 8/11/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
wow, i want this to hit the ocean!@ big splash...will wake up the sheep on the planet! baaahhhhhhhh

Thats is a disgusting mindset you have if you are being serious.

What exactly would the deaths of 1000's if not 100,000's of people, from a natural phenomenon beyond our capabilities to avert, would be waking the "sheep" up to as you put it?

Seriously, wishing for the death and destruction of anybody, let alone entire populations as you want...disgusting.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Oh yeah space peanut nice one heheh.
If the solar storm does nudge it into the ocean there will be a treasure hunt on for sure. 400 mtr of meteor rock and fingers crossed diamonds. Damn now I have that song stuck in my head to. Gragkaak

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That is not 2005 YU55 ..

Someone make joke with that upload ..

Here is video of asteroid 2005 YU55, NASA ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace ..

edit on 8-11-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join