It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We really ARE alone ("Aliens" are not "E.T's" they are "E.D's")

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon

I mean would you wanna help out a planet that promotes sex and violence as much as we do?

I understand violence but what is wrong with sex ?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

...then you would know why their's no life outside of earth.

Stuck in the Middle Ages. How do you think life got here? And where do you think The E.D.'s come from? After all, you believe they are eternal beings right? So they come from here? From our little garden speck in a remote corner of the cosmos? Congratulations, you have progressed one step beyond Helio Centrism and here there be dragons... oh wait. Never mind the dragons part.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Where did I speak of ET or other wise?

I simply wanted to point out the fallacy in RevGen's statements, the one I choose was too much for me to ignore. I myself do THINK there is life out there, perhaps you meant to quote someone else?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frira
Don't be ignorant and think just because the universe is large there has to be life, this is just intellectual dishonesty. That's like saying "I live out in the woods where theirs alot of beavers and beavers love wood so their must be a family of them somewhere in my log cabin, but I've never seen them".

But your refusal to believe that maybe, just maybe there is life out there is just as ignorant, isnt it? Some of the most brilliant minds of our time, Stephen Hawking included said they do believe that there is life out there. The universe is simply too vast to assume otherwise.

Originally posted by Frira
1/8 of planets in our solar system have intelligent life.
1/3 (at best) of stars are non-multiples
1/10 (at best) are clear of galactic dust lanes
1/2 (maybe) of planets have clear (essentially collision-free) orbits
1/1000 (perhaps) have liquid water.

1/8 * 1/3 * 1/10 * 1/2 * 1/1000 = .0000020833 (about two in a million)

The more factors considered, the nearer to zero the probability becomes.

Narrow range of gravity, solid crust, breathable atmosphere, magnetic shielding, narrow range and stability of solar radiation, circularity of orbit, geological stability, and so on, also have probabilities-- most are tiny.

All fair but your missing two main points. The first is those odds you are listing are for life like US to form. But life doesnt have to be like us, does it? Case in point:
www.space.com...

This interesting little article shows how scientists have recently discovered a form of life that survives off eatting arsenic. Something thought impossible until now. Something interesting to note here is that this formed in SPITE of its surrounding conditions. Life doesnt require a set temperature, oxygen, and more that you are assuming in your list of things required. This simple bacteria shows how life could perhaps exist in conditions we previously thought impossible for life.

The second point of course is simple. If you are using math to reduce the possiblility of life on earth to next to zero, how do you explain how we came into existance? Oh, thats right. You use your faith to explain it. No science involved there, is there?
edit on 9-11-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
And why does it always has to be black or white. This thread makes it look like it's either extradimensional beings or extraterrestrials. Can't it be both?

That's my belief here. I do believe there are a lot of extra-dimensional beings engaging Earth, directly or indirectly. But I also believe there are a lot of extraterrestrial (you know, physical beings like us)...I don't know if you have ever stopped and think about the size of our Universe, if you have visualized how big it is. And we are to believe that the ONLY place in the whole Universe that holds this complex concept that is life is here on Earth? I mean...common! This can't be, especially when you know the phenomenon in which asteroids and other celestial bodies carry bacterias with them.

So...nothing is black and white. You, OP, looks like you believe in christianity (which is to my mind a fairy tale and less credible than ETs)...ok fine. This could be true, but as some poster mentioned, it's kind of seeing life as if Earth was in a box.

I do believe religions have truth in them, or parts of the truth. Look at every damn religion, they all start from the same concepts, just that the God is different.

If disclosure ever happens (I don't believe their reply to the petition...not at all), we'll probably find out truth lies inbetween religion and science, or should I say...spirituality and religion. So MY opinion is that their are both EDs and ETs.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

Evolution is pretty much Scientific Fact.

Wheres the Evidence for a Creator?

Evolution is in FACT a theory, if it was in any way prooved it would be the law of Evolution and not the theory of Evolution.

For a theory to become a law it must be proovable and repeatable. The following is why it can never be prooven:

The theroy of evolution states that through natural selection genomes (genetic matierial) will mutate as a means of adaptation into more complex genomes allowing for survival of species, eventually resulting in several forms of more complex life originating from a common ancestor. That is the theory of evolution in plain terms for anyone to understand and study.

However, Darwin before he died made a very simple declaration to explain why his theory should never be taught as a law, because he and no other scientist before or since has ever witness a mutation that lead to a more complex genome, essentially every single time a mutation occured, whether in a lab or in nature the result was always a less complex genome and something that survival of the fittest regulations would cause the mutated form to cease to exist.

Evolution can only be prooven if mutation leads to more complex genomes, and that has never happened to this day ask any evolution scientist to provide one example... they cannot because this mans guess (theory) is wrong.

Also the LAW of biogenesis must be totally broken for the THEORY of evolution to be accepted!
The LAW of biogenesis simply states that all life must come from life. If evolution is to be believed then several billion years ago something in a ceaspool cause amino acids to magically form into a living being, that is taking something without inherant life (amino acid have no life of themselves) and using them as the means to create life. Thus totally disregarding the LAW of biogenesis in order to teach a guess as scientific fact.

Finally in simplest terms, for those of you who require proof of a creator, I will simply state that the creation itself is the proof of a creator.

Take care and thank you for your time.
edit on 9-11-2011 by ElohimJD because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

i seccond that. Gov. Doesnt lie people. Get over it!
*wink wink, nod nod*

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

And how does creation proves a creator? I mean, I see your logic (or belief) here, though it is not proof of anything. It is evidence of a creator, not the proof of.

I'm playing devil's advocate here, because I do not believe evolution rules life as we are taught. I believe in some concepts behind evolution, but I don't buy the "everything is a random process" bull# they are pushing.

I think there is a creator, which is not God as in the Bible or any religion book. So who's the Creator? It is you. The world is a perception, and YOU create your own perception. I am the Creator, you are, we are. When we realize that we are all one, and that we are not IN the Universe but we ARE the Universe...it becomes clearer that the only people that can be Creators are us. The starts, the planets, human life, the Sun...It's all part of the same thing, which is the Creator.

This is some meta-physical beliefs, or should I say, that's what I believe the most. I'm not stuck in a belief system as I know it might just be wrong or a misconception, as every belief, though I had personal experience of being a creator and ONE with everything on an intense spiritual experience...

So the key point of my reply, how does the Universe proves a Creator? It's pretty hard to prove anything you know...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why does somebody need a government, or anybody for that matter, to tell them what is real and not? Only infants and toddlers need somebody to hold their hand, the rest of us should know better.

I know our eyes and brains can play tricks on us, but it can't always be a trick. I think that's mathmaticly impossible, if it isn't it should be. Even if one of those events or sightings is true it raises the question "What the fudge is that?"

I am not saying it is E.T. or an awesome government spyplane of the future today. I have no idea what it could be, for al we know they ar E.D. and not E.T.

The fact is that people shouldn't be dependand of what other people think you should believe or not. Forgive my English, it's not my first language.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
But from my research and many others these things are certainly NOT extraterrestrial. If anything they are extra-dimensional beings,

Anyone else spotted the error? I mean isn't the definition of extraterrestrial non terrestrial? meaning not of this earth?

Do you realize how silly you sound OP may I suggest you google ZORGONS ZONE have a read for a week or so then come back and say you have done research. Then if you still think they are NOT extraterrestrials we can talk.

OOPS - looks like I fell for it TROLL
edit on 9-11-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Actually Gab, I like the way you think.

While I do not believe the same as you, your ability to express your logic, without attacking the logic of another mind is a great thing to witness and shows a far more well rounded compassionate mind then most on this or any other forum.

The proof was of a creator, I did not destinquish the proof of the Jewish/Muslim/Christain God. To believe in God is to live by faith, faith is the belief of things that are unseen (not physical, thus no physicl proof can be given as of now). Therefore I will rephrase my statement thanks to your logical argument in which there is truth:

"The creation itself is the proof of a creator (to each individual let them decide)."

My faith is that the creator is Yaweh Elohim The One Eternal God of all creation. That is of course my opinion and my faith is not proof for any other minds to accept it is simply mine and God has prooved His existance to me by faith beyond the shadow of a doubt, but that discussion is never meant for forums.

Either way thank you for your well thought out and logical response.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Obviously Aliens exist in our dimension youd have to be an idiot to think not. When we send microbes to other planets or people to other planetary bodies they are aliens, we are aliens. We were put here by aliens and our government knows this hence why they wont give you proof, but it only takes logic and a analytical mind.

Only someone with no ability to rationaly analyze and think for them selves would beleive this garbage.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

They just want to keep us in the dark, they don't want us to leave this planet. I really hope a galactic war happens sooner or later. This kinda thing really pisses me off how they deny the existance that there is life elsewhere. How can there not be? The universe is keeps growing and growing every single day. Yet they're saying "nah theres no life elsewhere" B.S.

they're not suggesting that life doesn't exist elsewhere...just that we have not yet made contact with said lifeforms.

i think our existence is proof enough that aliens exist. If we exist, they must also exist, otherwise, we would not exist if life was not possible.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

They just want to keep us in the dark, they don't want us to leave this planet. I really hope a galactic war happens sooner or later. This kinda thing really pisses me off how they deny the existance that there is life elsewhere. How can there not be? The universe is keeps growing and growing every single day. Yet they're saying "nah theres no life elsewhere" B.S.

You're preaching to the choir! LOL I agree. There's PLENTY of evidence of life on other planets. Just research Planetary Anomalies on Google, and you will see MANY photographs of REAL buildings, sculptures, ships, etc. on nearly every planet in our very own solar system.

With our secret space navy, we have been told that with the back-engineered alien technologies that we've received and built our own fleet of interstellar ships with, that they can now take E.T. home.

I don't disagree that there are Extra-Dimensionals, but I DO believe that people have evolved, were created, etc. on MANY other worlds. Those WOULD be ET's.

I get so tired of these Self-Proclaimed experts declaring that they have ALL of the answers. Give me a break!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by darkredfish
reply to post by autowrench

I take he also thinks that dinosaurs and fossils where put here by the devil to test mans faith eh?
And all those prehistoric structures.. those where put here by the devil too?

Some people are just so.... stupid.

Yes, sadly, it is the truth. He is not alone in this either. I have a neighbor who thinks the same things. What I would like to know is, how does an intelligent human being get to be so brainwashed into thinking the Earth is only 6000 short years old? Take a hard look at the Grand Canyon and tell me that. I made a post of the Polar ways of Christianity, here:
Why the Polar Opposites in Christianity?

I myself left Christianity after the people in charge refused to answer my questions. So, I looked for answers myself. I quickly discovered why Christianity does not want one to study, and research the Bible, Gods, or Christianity in general. They just want you to be afraid of Hell, and accept whatever they say as ultimate truth, and then go out and save everyone else. Ever have a Wiccan pound on your door and demand you give your life to Christ or burn in Hell? No, and you won't either. Christians have "faith," we just know. There is a distinct difference.

I am sorry the ones you went to for answers are just as blind as they claim you to be. God's truth about all the things you have mentioned are simple to explain and are in complete and total unity with the word of God as found in the bible, so long as you have eyyes to see and ears to hear.

If you are genuine in wanting to know the answers to the questions that in your past you expressed the desire to understand, I am more then happy to reveal to you what God has revealed to His servants.

However, if you are using the incorrect answers given to you by individuals that God has not revealed the truth of such matter to, in order to continue to justify your current belief structure then please remain where you are, in truth when God does give the answers mankind by nature does not like to hear what is true concerning God.

I can tell you shortly what God says is true in His word regarding these errors you have been told:

1. The Earth is not only 6000 years old, the planet is several million if not billions of years, God does not giv this time in the Bible. The 6000 year timetable is given for the lenth of time mankind has been on Earth (from Adam to the return of Jesus Christ is a 6000 year timespan).

2.Dinosuars existed prior to the re-fashioning of the Earth's surface in preparation for the creation of mankind (Creation week in Genesis). When Dinosaurs roamed this planet, Lucifer was in charge of admisitering God's governemnt on Earth, is was due to his rebellion and subsequent fall that the Earth was made void and full of choas (Gen 1:2). The Dinosaurs and all life on Earth at that time was destroyed.

3. Prehistoric mankind is the pre-deluvain civilization that was destroyed by the great flood of Noah.

4. All of the holidays of Christianity are pagan and not of God, especially Christmas and Easter. God commands the keeping of His Holy Days revealed in Exodus forever for His people. Seven Annual Holy Days and the Seventh day weekly Sabbath (not Sunday).

5. All Aliens, ghosts, and other such paranormal activity are demons, they are fallen angels and they act as such things to deter mankind away from a belief in God Almighty as the creator. And to convince mankind that after death you continue living, no matter what.

6. When you die... you die. There is however a plan that can bring you eternal life but NOT the way traditional christianity teaches. Hell is not a place of eternal punishing it is the Greek word "Hades" and the Hebrew word "Shoel", both of which simply mean "a place you go when you die" or in other words a grave... a hole in the ground. If by the end of God's amazing and perfect plan, you choose to reject God and never come into unity with God, you simply never recieve life again, you cease to exist this is a punishment that last for eternity, but not eternally being punished. And this choice has not even been given as of yet, save for a few through time that God has molded and fashioned for the purpose of seving in God's Kingdom on Earth under Jesus Christ as King of Kings after the return of Jesus Christ.

This is not meant to spur debate, this is the plain truth about what God has revealed to His servants, they are scriptoral and absolute truth. However as God's truth is rejected by a natural mind which was by designed created against the ways of God, so too will these truths fall by the wayside. It is not yet time for these truths to be revealed to mankind... but soon it will be...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
All these paranormalists make the saner of us look bad. Aliens, if they exist, are most likely not demons. They're probably not reptilians, or grays, or flying around in saucers. They're probably wildly different from us, and within our star system, I doubt that life could spring up on another planet. Perhaps microscopic extremophiles. Certainly nothing that could build and fly a space ship to another planet.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Again, the problem with this continuing argument is that it nearly always boils down to people making unwarranted assumptions, the biggest one being that time is somehow linear and that things naturally progress from a "beginning" to the "present," and into the "future."

It's all the same thing, folks. Time is not like a river. Time is like a color or temperature. Things are constantly flowing around it in multiple dimensions, with things in the "future" influencing and directing things in the "past," just as much as vice-versa. Living systems, along with thoughts and concepts, evolve according to what are essentially backward reflections of what they will be as much as what they are or have been.

People get so wrapped up in their beliefs about how things started. Well, guess what? There most likely was/is no start or end. It was and will always just "be." Everything else is something we only made up in our heads.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by neobludragon

We really do need an intergalactic war to happen, for once it will test us on how well we could unite with one another.

I feel it would be the only thing to get humanity to unite... In the face of total anilation we would unite or die. Would be nice to finally put all this petty BS behin us.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
our world economy is so screwed up, so much that we can only be self absorbed with ourselfes. We are canceling space missions left and right! for our government to say this has no meaning to me. If we were a utopia society and they made this announcement I might listen.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by maceov
You're preaching to the choir! LOL I agree. There's PLENTY of evidence of life on other planets. Just research Planetary Anomalies on Google, and you will see MANY photographs of REAL buildings, sculptures, ships, etc. on nearly every planet in our very own solar system.

With our secret space navy, we have been told that with the back-engineered alien technologies that we've received and built our own fleet of interstellar ships with, that they can now take E.T. home.

I get so tired of these Self-Proclaimed experts declaring that they have ALL of the answers. Give me a break!!!

And you do have all the answers?

I for one would love to see the evidence or pictures you claim to have of buildings on planets within our solar system. You do realize there have been many threads made of these on ATS, all of which were safely debunked as graphic artifacts created by over refinining the pictures. Same effect you can see on many video games.

And our "secret space navy"? Give me a break. Its amazing what people will believe these days.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join