It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impact Warning Theory

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is the most god-awful ridiculous hair-brained paranoid load of horse crap I have read in months. Seriously.

A) If "THEY" knew about such an impending impact, they would have zero reason to encode specific details about it into events and popular culture, just to warn a few people. They would explicitly warn those who needed to be warned, and leave the rest of us in the dark. They wouldn't go to the trouble of leaving breadcrumbs like this, which -- surprisingly -- can only be deciphered by the delusional and the paranoid.

B) NASA is not a shadowy organization. It's a bunch of scientists working on a shoestring budget trying to do some cool stuff that nobody cares about anymore.

C) Come on. FFS.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Logman

Do you see me running for the hills?

It's a possible scenario. It's a cool theory. I've told you before about my gut feeling. I've got to listen to my own instinct. If I question that, then I'm questioning my most basic warning system, and something I have trusted and has kept me well safe in the past. Thankyou for trying to 'help' me but I need to understand this feeling my own way.

Where's Phage nowadays to debunk these types of threads?

And when this passes you'll be F5ing for solar doom, or New Madrid Fault doom. If you continue on this path ATS will be happy to fulfill your doom quota.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This asteroid thing yu55, just like elenin is a diversion thing. WHAT are they hiding? What is supposed to happen on this date? Also, that church carving in stone has got me puzzled.
Must mean something.
Are they preping us for a REAL COLLISION of some sort? WHERE? NIBIRU, supposedly behind the sun? I DON'T believe any of it. WAIT A MINUTE. THATS IT. They want your mind prepped so that you are foolled. They get you to believe that whenever an object comes along, you dismiss it as a close call or MISS. Then when the real deal comes along, you are not prepared and whatever happens to you, happens to you.
I still cannot put it all together, it makes no sense. Bunkers, guidestones,earthquakes,volcanoes,weird weather patterns,phenomina in the sky,people going nuts,animals/birds/fish die offs,visitations,and i cannot leave out the bible even tho i'm not so into it, i cannot disreguard it either.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Umm, This theory doesn't ever claim to be an ELE.

It's precisely what it is, an Asteroid potentially hitting the ocean causing a large tsunami that will swamp land lying on the coast of the Atlantic ocean.

And it is still a massive disaster if it happens.
edit on 6-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
This asteroid thing yu55, just like elenin is a diversion thing. WHAT are they hiding? What is supposed to happen on this date? Also, that church carving in stone has got me puzzled.
Must mean something.
Are they preping us for a REAL COLLISION of some sort? WHERE? NIBIRU, supposedly behind the sun? I DON'T believe any of it. WAIT A MINUTE. THATS IT. They want your mind prepped so that you are foolled. They get you to believe that whenever an object comes along, you dismiss it as a close call or MISS. Then when the real deal comes along, you are not prepared and whatever happens to you, happens to you.
I still cannot put it all together, it makes no sense. Bunkers, guidestones,earthquakes,volcanoes,weird weather patterns,phenomina in the sky,people going nuts,animals/birds/fish die offs,visitations,and i cannot leave out the bible even tho i'm not so into it, i cannot disreguard it either.

Diversion? 90% of people probably don't even know it exists, so it isn't doing a very good job of "diverting" their attention from anything. The only people who even care about this are those who either fear it or think it's a coverup for something, two groups who comprise maybe 1% of the population (if you exaggerate quite a bit).

Just like Elenin -- another object the vast, vast majority was completely unaware of (and for good reason, because it was entirely inconsequential) -- YU55 is merely an object floating in space which is neither a threat nor particularly interesting.

Your problem seems to be that because you are concerned about it, everyone else must be, too. But they're not. Not only are they not concerned about it, they don't even know it exists. Now please, I implore you, go find something worth feeling threatened by. Space rocks don't count.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Very well put together, I couldn't make these connections together if I tried my hardest and I respect you for being aware of all of this, whether or not any of it will come true only time will tell.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

I care more about US and Israel actions towards Iran at the moment.

In this world, anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

Umm, This theory doesn't ever claim to be an ELE.

It's precisely what it is, an Asteroid potentially hitting the ocean causing a large tsunami that will swamp land lying on the coast of the Atlantic ocean.

And it is still a massive disaster if it happens.

Devastating event = Agreed! (Prey it doesnt happen)

Anywhere near a ELE = no! ( Billions will survive)
edit on 6-11-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Yes, but WHAT DOES ELE HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD?!?!?!?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

Yes, but WHAT DOES ELE HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD?!?!?!?

Well am i mistaking or did the OP put up a poster for DEEP IMPACT in his thread? The movie was based off a ELE type 7-mile wide comet. 7 miles , 400 meters? Big difference huh?

If he did not want people to think he was talking about a ELE he should not be posting a pic of a poster displaying a ELE , insinuating thats what he is talking about

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Wow, and the OP's being accused of drawing conclusions!

Did you even READ the thread? I'm guessing not. Deep Impact was just a movie with a symbolic message/image.

Troll somewhere else. He has not suggested it would be an ELE, and come to think of it, neither was the movie Deep Impact.

You're trolling.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
A 400m asteroid will most likely break up before impact due to heating/friction as it hits the Earths atmosphere, however the remaining bits could cause a lot of problems, especially if they hit water, but I don't think it would be as severe as people believe.

My money is on, if it is going to hit anything, the moon, and even then I wouldn't like my odds on that bet.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

A study has ben done on the 'what ifs?'

reply to post by ker2010

Really?

reply to post by PlantGirl

Link

A week from now, on November 8, the aircraft carrier-sized asteroid 2005 YU55 will zip past Earth at a safe distance. But Purdue University researchers recently conducted a study seeking to determine what would happen if this space rock were to strike our planet, and the results are not encouraging.

The primary result of such a collision would be a 4,000-megaton blast, researchers say. Secondary results may include earthquakes with a magnitude of 7.0 or upwards, as well as 70-foot (21-meter) tsunamis, if the space rock were to crash in the ocean.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I come on here and all A.T.S people talk about is DOOM AND GLOOM of some shape or form. The aliens attacking,space junk attacking, other countries talking of some kind of war attacking. I don't get it, AT ALL. What does this mean? I have one conclusion and that is people love all kinds of DRAMA. This not only happens here on A.T.S , but all over the net. People poking and prauding to get a response in all shapes and forms. The speculation and the suggestion of an impact is silly. I do not rule anything out, because i am a sceptic, so don't get all up on me, i am new and noticing things about this site and others. The false or twisted news reports everyone finds to post on here, so i believe NOTHING that is not within my reasoning. The OP may have come across some issues that are worth looking into and raise concerns, that is why i am here. Plus i listen to people and their ideas even tho alot of them are missing some marbles if you know what i mean.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Use the reply button, it helps others respond better.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong, i too hope we all die in a firey inferno. And im really hoping this happens on Nov 8th, i can barely contain my excitement! ( NOT sarcasm )

This just seems too good to be true.

Atleast i only need to wait another 48 hours to see if it happens.

And if it doesnt, hopefully someone will just blow up the world because these letdowns are getting on my nerves!

( I have Emphysema. Because some capitalist bureaucrats decided along time ago that even though ciggerettes kill people and are more addictive then Heroin, that they should still be aloud to be sold in stores. My lungs hurt, and i mean badly, I can barely breath and im 25, is it too much to ask for, to just have one ELE come true. ill be dead in under 2 years anyway and every day is worst than the last, But i dont want to kill myself because i dont think my parents should have to bury there 25 year old son. So thats why i can honestly type this stuff with no remorse. Dont get me wrong i dont think everyone deserves to die, I just dont think any of us should have to live this lie we call life any longer. I Honestly hope our death is quicker and less painfull then Emphysema. )
edit on 7-11-2011 by kman420 because: spelling mistakes, and tried to make it sound less negative lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Thanks, OP! You've made some points that resonate with me intuitively. I know that 911 was far from a simple physical event. I'm going to spend more time on your post. Brilliant! Stars and Flags to you!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

There are many variables, size (we know), composition (rock/Iron etc), angle of entry, speed (most likely 13-17km/s), land or water based impact.

You cannot go off any one result, but a 400m asteroid will most likely break up before impact, I'm not saying this will reduce effects of the impact much, but the other variables will.

edit on 6/11/11 by woogleuk because: forgot the not

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Yes he is tying together a bunch of crap and it really makes no sense at all. I really see no connections and he is making huge assumptions and basically its just another FEAR MONGER thread which you seem so happy to enjoy. If im not mistaking you were a big supporter of the Elenin fiasco..

How well did that turn out? yeah

This is what I think about this thread and most of your fellow doomsayers threads.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-11-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Thanks for posting the PDF of Operation Pacific Wave

FEMA's nationwide EAS test - www.activistpost.com...

Soldier held on espionage charges - www....#france.com/topic/4004429/1/Discussions/The-Strange-Case-of-a-Kentucky-Soldier-Charged-With-Espionage.html&replies=3

Last link is the F word France.com

ETA- the FAA has announced a number of "No fly zones" around the nation for Nov. 8 -9 www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-11-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join