It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What weapons would you carry?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What I currently carry:

Glock 19 (9mm) pictured with 33 round extended magazine, laser sights/taclight and Springfield XD-9 Subcompact (9mm) with 16 round mag that the wife carries

edit on 6-11-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Those playing DEFENSE won't win in a game that requires OFFENSE. Truth. Play both sides or pay the dear price. Most of you however will simply play the DEFENSE role exclusively and be consumed easily by this war.
edit on 6-11-2011 by truthbet0ld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
A beta 17 plasma rifel with bio detector would be great with the use of a gamma forcefield pack with gravity locks.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
group 2 for me
i have a .22 marlin semi auto which will hold 18 rds with a 4x32 scope its very accurate to 200yds, doesnt sound like an A bomb going off when its fired, doesnt kick off aim alot when fired quickly.The ammo is very cheap and plentiful and it wont destroy any small game your hunting.
i also have a star .22 semi pistol model f . very accurate, same plus points as above with the added advantage of only having to source 1 sort of ammo which is lightweight small and cheap

saying that i am looking at a steyr ssgp2

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Remington ACR.

AA12

M9 Beretta

Cheytac M200.

Yeah I can basically kill anything at any distance from breach and clear to long range interdiction.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

That Cheytac M200 sure is a purdy rifle.

Would love to get my hands on one. I'll have to add it to my list.
edit on 6-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Hey buddy. If you rather get shot and killed, than carry guns then i would say that is just stupidity..

I have my trustworthy guns and i love them. To protect my family, that's the one reason!

And guess what! Im a Norwegian, not an American.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by 29INFDIV

I hate handguns. They are simply not an accurate enough weapon to bother toting two of them imo. I think the only reason any soldier would carry one is for that one time when they might be out of ammo and manage to get the sidearm up at pointblank range and save their life. You certainly can't hunt with one very well, nor fight with one. Not sure why anyone would carry one other than a quick means of last ditch protection. They're good for killing snakes too, if you're good enough to hit one.

A knife is to fight your way back to your handgun.
A handgun is to fight your way back to your primary rifle.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 29INFDIV
reply to post by 29INFDIV

Also forgot Air Force Para-Rescue & Navy Rescue Swimmers.

29INFDIV

Combat Comm and Combat Controllers as well.

Go Air Force.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Handguns aren't accurate at distance. They are a close quarters weapon. To try to use them for anything beyong 25 yards(Hell I wouldn't use them for anything beyond 35 ft.) is an exercise in futility.

Now, this is not to say that you CAN'T use them beyond 25 yards. I have actually managed to be pretty(not tack driving accurate..But enough) accurate with a Ruger SR9 9x19 at 50 yards. But that was standing still and taking the time to hone the aim and angle.

You don't have that luxury in combat.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Handguns aren't accurate at distance. They are a close quarters weapon. To try to use them for anything beyong 25 yards(Hell I wouldn't use them for anything beyond 35 ft.) is an exercise in futility.

Now, this is not to say that you CAN'T use them beyond 25 yards. I have actually managed to be pretty(not tack driving accurate..But enough) accurate with a Ruger SR9 9x19 at 50 yards. But that was standing still and taking the time to hone the aim and angle.

You don't have that luxury in combat.

Yep 50 yards is MAXIMUM, for handguns. I can drive my Beretta 92FS like a tack driver up to 50 yards for a nice headshot in a non stressful situation that allows for careful sight alignment.

Anyone trying for a headshot at 50 yards in a real stressful combat situation is going to be hitting low (neck, chest, groin, and legs) due to trigger jerk from the quick reactions needed in a fast paced situation. But this really dosen't affect the effectiveness of a 50 yard HANDGUN engagement even in a stressful situation since someone proficient enough to actually hit and keep the sights aligned from left to right will hit the target regardless of trigger jerk which affects MOSTLY up and down impact location.

The further one keeps their eyes and head from the sights of the handgun while aiming, tightens the tolerances of the aiming spaces between the rear and front sights and increases accuracy also.
edit on 6-11-2011 by truthbet0ld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by truthbet0ld

Well, just because you could doesn't mean you'd want to. Your target is likely going to be moving and seeking cover as well(unless he's completely stupid). Aiming for something small, like the head, at 25-50 yards is a good way to waste ammo.

If you're aiming for the head you're doing it wrong.

Center mass at distance. Doesn't matter what weapon you're using.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Agreed. I have the luxury of tactical handgun training and muscle memory at my behest. I naturally keep both eyes open during engagement, aiming, and shooting. Where most naturally close ONE eye which is a visual handicap. I can keep my eyes from blinking during rapid fire naturally.

I can aim my handgun without bringing the sights to eye level by just keeping the handgun in front of my chest straight, arms somewhat extended while using my peripheral vision to align the sights from an above view cocnerning myself only with left to right alignment while guesstimating the up and down alignment to target. I find this method VERY useful and valuable, especially in CQC where quick aim and reaction is concerned.

I even perfected my quick draw which allows me to have the sights already in alignment when drawing handgun from waist level to eye level. Oddly enough, most of this stuff came naturally. Hours of practice weren't needed. Scary indeed. I had NONE of the bad habits that afflict most average shooters which render them average. NBK.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by truthbet0ld

It's good you have the training and the practice.

Just remember though, everyone has a plan until the shooting starts.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Its not that we are wanting to go out and kill a man. We just like the ability to defend what we love with the finality of death. Its like a auto seat belt; do you wear yours? I don't drive around with the intent of crashing my car but there are times that its unavoidable. Same as a car crash there are evil people and it is that unavoidable confrontation that I train and prepare for. I hope for the best plan for the worst.

1st ar-15 10.5" piston with suppressor with YHM Phantom suppressor. Glock17 with tlr2s
2nd would be Galil micro with YHM P Sup. Glock 17 with tlr2s
3rd308 hs prec with detch mag package. glock 18 tlr2s
4th mos590 glock17 with tlr2s

edit on 6/11/11 by Arkansas because: more info

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

None of the Above.

I enjoy the company of my trusted old friend, "Mr Bat...Mr Baseball Bat"

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

1st choice:
Assault rifle of your choice
Sidearm of your choice

2nd choice:
Semi-automatic rifle of your choice
Sidearm of your choice

3rd choice:
Bolt action rifle of your choice
machine pistol of your choice

4th choice:
Shotgun of your choice (any action)
Sidearm of your choice

In the US an AR 15 is the best...because if you need maintenance...there will be more AR 15 parts around...223 round is great for hunting and defense....as for a pistol....well of course if you are talking defense id want a minimum of a 40 calibre....however.....22 ammunition is light cheap and abundant...and will be a great currency since it can't be reloaded....some small 22 pistol would be enough to threaten people and keep them away even though it doesnt have the stopping power...without good medical attention...a 22 round may kill them anyway in time.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
simple question:
how can i buy a weapon (of my choice) from the internet anonymously ?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

i'd carry a bo stuff.

just sayin'

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think if people looked at firearms as tools (which they are) versus an extension of a perceived possibility, they would see the equation differently.

What variability in ammunition can you acquire? Not all problems are the same size bolt.

How much maintenance does your firearm require? Do you really want to spend your spare time cleaning/fixing your weapon or looking for something to eat?

What is the availability of spare part? It is mechanical, it will break.

What is your level of expertise with the weapon? No matter how badass your pistol is, if you cannot use it, you will die.

Too many preppers want to see the world as a checklist. While double checking things is not a bad idea, there is a danger of seeing a future of infinite plausibility's through the lens of that list.

However, if you want my vote versus the polemic rant, I would want whatever I have the most ammunition for. I would also want as many different varieties of firearms as possible. More tools in the tool box. There is no supreme solution in firearms as there is no one tool which can fix you entire car. You need a bunch.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join