It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What weapons would you carry?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 29INFDIV

I hate handguns. They are simply not an accurate enough weapon to bother toting two of them imo. I think the only reason any soldier would carry one is for that one time when they might be out of ammo and manage to get the sidearm up at pointblank range and save their life. You certainly can't hunt with one very well, nor fight with one. Not sure why anyone would carry one other than a quick means of last ditch protection. They're good for killing snakes too, if you're good enough to hit one.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I choose option 5
22 cal pellet gun, I guess you could call it bolt action.
And a knife for a sidearm.
With these I can do fine.
If I am carrying anything else the only applicable law would be law of the jungle.
Maybe someday I'll put my shopping list on the internet.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yeah my idea for the P90 type weapon is pretty far fetched... that's why I call it a dream gun. It would require the design of a new weapon and a new round from the ground up.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

To each their own; but I would take a handgun in a CQB situation any day before an assault rifle. Easier to reposition, reload and fire. Less time equals less time for them to repel in a CQB situation. Proficiency is up to 80 yards (almost a football field with moving targets.) I'd rather hit them with the assault rifle at that range but 35 yards or closer deserves a small munition. Also I think about tactical applications, what information can I get when I wound someone....... Big picture to think about

29INFDIV

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

Darn it, you fed him!
Now kittens must die!
What he does not realize is, it is not a bloodlust we have.
We just enjoy the fact that we can choose our death if need be, either in a blaze of glory or cowering while we beg for our lives and that of our loved ones.
What do the gun free states have?
Yep, it happens every day
And with that name any criticism must be trolling, or self loathing.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I'm a fan of smaller weapons like the p-90. It shoots accurately, it's light, it's essentially a better sidearm which isn't too bulky. If I recall the US armed forces no longer carry a pistol sidearm. Can anyone that's currently military confirm?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

M-4/M-203, M-249, 240G, M-50 gunners carry small arms, same with officers and SOC capable units do.

29INFDIV

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

So that's everyone? Sorry not up to terms on all military arms.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Basically its everyone carrying a larger automatic weapon, exception being Officers. And of course Special Operations Capable Units (Airborne, Air Assault, Rangers, SWCC, Marine RECON, & Yankee White Clearance) and Special Forces. (Small Arms, not to mention any Naval vessel... or shore establishment.)

29INFDIV

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Also forgot Air Force Para-Rescue & Navy Rescue Swimmers.

29INFDIV

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Beretta M-9 basically a model 92 fs I think, not a beretta pro here, I prefer working guns.

I do not know what fs stands for, prolly something along the lines of FFS.
Anything with a German smithstamp would be fine.
Only folks permitted to carry handguns and mp's I'm sure nowadays.
Otherwise your rifle is just fine, and it's capable of full auto.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Beretta is an o.k. weapon. I haven't had problems with one. It really is the preference of the shooter.

29INFDIV

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Agreed, I'd get one if it was given or I got a real good deal on it.
It would never be a regular sidearm for me though, I'm just not comfortable and comfort hold just as much weight as the weapon does.
Otherwise I'd just opt for a sig, hk, glock, insert just about any number.
I definately try to steer clear of anything US made in the way of pistols.
I know there is a lot of promising press on newer models, ruger p series, springfield squinty gun....XD, smith newer polymer series....used to be sigma but...
I hardly trust press.
I am used to German guns as they had perfected the pistol while the US was still dealing with the revolver for the most part.
There was the browing hi power and 1911 but they did turn to sig to make their early on BDA's...aka sig 220.
Sorry that took a left turn...lol

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I would have to go with 4th choice just because it's what I own atm.

Benelli M4
USP Compact .45

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Unfortunately I dont like the looks of any of those groups!

Staying on topic I would choose group 3!

I'd take a .303 enfield bolt action rifle [with the 24" long bayonet].

I'd take the stupid machine pistol and swap it for a shotgun! So it wouldnt matter what I like but what I could trade. Any 12 gauge pump action shotgun would do!

Personal Disclosure: In reality I'd like a 2" mortar and enuff shells to swamp an area with shrapnel constantly for 5mins!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

the 1st choice: I would prolly go with a P.O.F. AR15 chambered in 6.8 SPC .. why? More knock down force than a standard AR chambered in 556 . .. For the side arm . . either a Sig 229 or FN FNX-40 ... either chambered in 40 .. the reason for choosing 40 is with the right type of ammo it has as much if not more knock down power than a 45 .. but with the 40 you generally have more mag capacity

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

We're not going to war here!
Just trying to stay alive, and stay prepared.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

1st choice:
Assault rifle of your choice- Browning BAR, Accurate, dependable, what more can u ask for.

Sidearm of your choice -.38 special will blow a big hole in a pinch and even if it misfires, you can just move on to the next round without having to worry about clips. Plus easily to hide on you

2nd choice:
Semi-automatic rifle of your choice -Kalashnikov or AK-47 because it never jams no matter what within reason you do to it. Reliability is high with me.

Sidearm of your choice- .45 ACP

3rd choice:
Bolt action rifle of your choice -Remington 700
machine pistol of your choice -Mac 10

4th choice:
Shotgun of your choice (any action) If I can have anything in the world then the Daewoo USAS-12 automatic shotgun because it will continue to fire as long as you have bullets and the trigger is being pulled lol. If not then the Mossberg 500

Sidearm of your choice- .45 ACP

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Primary weapon: AK47
Secondary weapon: Beretta M9

Two reliable weapons with common ammunition. Give me a milled receiver and a heavier barrel and I'm all set for level 2 body armor at 200 yards.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

It is not the American citizen who is the problem. It is the American Government that is the one bringing problems to us citizens. I am not sure if you realize this, but not all of us speak for their actions. And of course if war comes here you want to be prepared or be killed. If you think you can talk your way out of getting shot by someone that wants you dead. Then your already dead.
edit on 6-11-2011 by FrontRunner because: (no reason given)

Semi auto rifle GSG 5 SD .22 cal cheap and easy to find ammo. Nice reliable gun shoots fast and easy to reload. Ammo is what sells me though. (Some say a 22 cant do anything I disagree)
Side arm glock 45
edit on 6-11-2011 by FrontRunner because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join