It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What weapons would you carry?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

no we dont live in candy land i agree.

but have you noticed YOU live in gun land?

american civilians alone hold enough ammo to kill all human population several times over...

that makes sense because?

if you're not fixing any of the problems, you are part of the problem.

ill carry no guns even if/when guns are pointed at me

im not afraid
edit on 5/11/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

If it has to be explained, you will never understand.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I say this to you as a friend. I understand where you are coming from. The only thing is, there are two sides to the coin. You have yours and I have mine. I can't speak for other people but I do know my own mind. I enjoy guns . I like shooting and thats all there is to it.To say someone want to kill because they like firearms is to say those who don't want a firearm must want to be shot. One has nothing to do with the other my friend. and both would be false. ( In my case ) and many others.

link   
reply to post by macman

apparently it does, so please do.

and quick, before i get banned from weapons and tactics, again.

link   

How do you know every poster on tis thread is American? Most Americans own guns for defense, and many such as myself just like to shoot. Guns can be fun and I love different designs and style, each has their own beauty. It's not about "oh im going to buy a gun so I can kill somebody", the majority who are average people never shoot anybody with their weapons.

Just seems to me, from other post's, you like to beat on "Americans" just a bit, correct? Get a life, many people from all over the world own weapons, respect them, and enjoy shooting them.

As for me, I would choose option 1.

It's hard to choose from so many but
FN SCAR-H
M1911 .45

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
1st choice:
Assault rifle of your choice: AK-47 or 74
Sidearm of your choice: .45 1911, or S&W .357 mag

2nd choice:
Semi-automatic rifle of your choice: AK-47 or 74
Sidearm of your choice: 45 1911, or S&W .357 mag

3rd choice:
Bolt action rifle of your choice: N/A Bolt action is not good as a self defense weapon imo
machine pistol of your choice: Uzi, or Ingram Mac 10, .45 cal

4th choice:
Shotgun of your choice (any action): Remington 870, pump extended tube for 8 rounds
Sidearm of your choice: 45 1911, or S&W .357 mag

In a SHTF situation, I would carry my 45 1911, S&W .357 mag, AK-47 and Remington 870, pump extended tube for 8 rounds all of which I have.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
1st choice:

AK-47, 7.62x39, with 10, 30 round magazines

STI 1911, 45 ACP with 20, nine round mags.

2nd choice:

AR-10 DPMS in 308

Browning 9mm Hi-Power

3rd choice:

Savage Tactical Bolt Action in 338 Lapua Magnum

Sterling Mark 3, 9mm Submachine gun, with plenty of 32 round magazines.

4th choice:

Saiga semi-auto, 12 gauge

STI 9mm, 1911

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

so you clearly misread the op, as the op is making this rehashed thread again clearly asking what weapons would one carry as a SOLDIER.

a soldier's job is not to shoot for practice, fun or sport.

note: i have no issues with guns and people who like guns.
i have issues when there's people at the barrel end of a gun

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
reply to post by macman

apparently it does, so please do.

and quick, before i get banned from weapons and tactics, again.

SO you were banned from here before???

If I have to explain, you will never understand.
I won't try, because you won't.
Sorry.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by CherubBaby

so you clearly misread the op, as the op is making this rehashed thread again clearly asking what weapons would one carry as a SOLDIER.

a soldier's job is not to shoot for practice, fun or sport.

note: i have no issues with guns and people who like guns.
i have issues when there's people at the barrel end of a gun

There is nothing stating this is for a soldier.

As a soldier, you carry what is issued.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by ConspiraCity

no we dont live in candy land i agree.

but have you noticed YOU live in gun land?

american civilians alone hold enough ammo to kill all human population several times over...

that makes sense because?

if you're not fixing any of the problems, you are part of the problem.

ill carry no guns even if/when guns are pointed at me

im not afraid
edit on 5/11/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

If you outlaw guns, then only outlaws own guns.. thus, crime goes up because they know they are the only ones with guns. in america we are allowed to defend ourselves, I have a carry and conceal. this way if there is a crime with life threatening force I can intervene. Guns are also a great hobby. Just because you own a gun does not mean you want to kill someone.

I believe the opinions are skewed.. in Europe the only impression people get of guns are the "Baddies" who use them as tools to commit crime, and they only associate guns with negative images, thus in your mind you think nothing positive can come from guns. But in america we hear stories of how guns save lives every day! you just have to look at things from multiple prospective, its all psychological.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

my brain

is there ANY other weapon of choice?

you americans are funny, now just admit y'all are THIS eager to get another excuse to shoot at and kill other people..
i mean defend yourselves and protect your constitutional rights, right?

y'all talk alot about your government, but i find it sad that most of yall are exactly like them.

warmongers looking for an excuse

but nevermind me, keep fearing eachothers so much that your pride and manhood has to come in black or chrome.

Oh jeez...
SIGH.

Looks like we have our first brainwashed fool to give his/her OFF-TOPIC ignorant deluded anti-firearm opinion in a firearm discussion...

Another brainwashed fool who listens to their countries government officials who tells them guns are bad for the purpose of an unarmed and defenseless public of hens among the foxes...

Another fool who thinks a women and child left at home all alone has no use for a defensive firearm when several THUGS break into her home to rape, rob, and possibly kill her right in front of her terrified child watching it all.

Brainwashed, sheep IDIOTS, go away!!!!!

Back on topic: Many pistols fit the bill, but one rifle in particular, in my opinion, is the only one to rely totally on with your life: AK47.
edit on 5-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

yes i agree, the ak47 is a masterpiece of design, but what does any of that have to do with it?
you clearly misread the op aswell.

what weapons would you carry as a soldier

as for any american bashing, it comes with the protocol, learn to live with it, as i have to when having to hear americans insist that they're simply the best thing that ever happened to this planet.

its a fair exchange, could be alot worse.

i could be saying that america needs to invade and occupy america, turn the snip into a parking lot with bombs and start over. to free those poor and enslaved people.

now that would be american bashing that even some americans would have to agree with

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

hey take it easy man, you cant blame him for something that's psychologically implanted by society. it's only what comes naturally. Ignorance can not be deemed until you see both valid sides of a two bit opinion where one is right and one is wrong, In many cases like this, people are only exposed to the evils and are blind of the positives. one can not be blamed of what they can not see, it is only when one can see both, that they can become ignorant and foolish.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've got an M1 Garand, a Mossberg 500 and need to get a 1911 45.

But I've been practicing fencing, kendo, and stickfighting for a while now. In a true SHTF scenario, you WILL run out of ammo eventually. Swords never run out of ammo, and if I can get within six feet can probably overcome a gun too.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Edit: Oops, missed the soldier bit! Just assume the S has HTF and I am a soldier of my own recruiting, trying to defend my roost from attacks by gangs of murderous thieves .

I'm not really that knowledgable on firearms but I'll give this a go. First of all, I'm planning on being in Europe before any SHTF. Because of my lack of gun savvy I would be relying on more knowledgable and experienced friends and this would influence my choices greatly.Ease of servicability and aquisition of parts and ammo would be a big factor.Another factor would be that if I was to acquire an arsenal, it would most likely not be by legal means, thus limiting me to older, out of service weapons.

1st choice:
Assault rifle of your choice - FN FAL - A lot of them floating around, though an AK would probably be even easier to come by
Sidearm of your choice -Beretta 92 - one of the few guns I am familiar with.

2nd choice:
Semi-automatic rifle of your choice - Ak-47 - If I ever buy an AK it will probably be a full auto as paramilitaries/gangsters are unlikely to be selling the restricted model
Sidearm of your choice - Beretta 92

3rd choice:
Bolt action rifle of your choice - Not sure but something in .308 calibre.What ever I manage to loot from the nearest Hunting/Gun Shop
machine pistol of your choice - know nothing about machine pistols.Maybe a Micro Uzi.Would probably opt for a basic smg like a Sterling instead.Love crude blowback weapons.

4th choice:
Shotgun of your choice (any action) - Benelli M4 ideally, but anything that autoloads would be fine.
Sidearm of your choice - 1911 .45- Popular and well known

Realistically, I'll be lucky if I have a baseball bat and a SuperSoaker filled with homemade napalm

edit on 5-11-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by FPB214

yes i agree, the ak47 is a masterpiece of design, but what does any of that have to do with it?
you clearly misread the op aswell.

what weapons would you carry as a soldier

as for any american bashing, it comes with the protocol, learn to live with it, as i have to when having to hear americans insist that they're simply the best thing that ever happened to this planet.

its a fair exchange, could be alot worse.

i could be saying that america needs to invade and occupy america, turn the snip into a parking lot with bombs and start over. to free those poor and enslaved people.

now that would be american bashing that even some americans would have to agree with

Honestly, can't you go troll another thread?
There are plenty of anti rah rah rah topics out there.
And it is not implying what would you carry as a soldier.

Given the choice of carrying one of these groups of weapons (like a soldier), which one would you choose and why?

Like a soldier meaning 2 firearms carried. A primary and secondary.

No wonder you were banned from this forum, and should have never been lifted.

edit on 5-11-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

please stop categorizing Americans with stereotypes.. I was born in america yes, but I don't think america is all that great.. Hell its worse then many places. Yes I own guns, No I never ever want to kill anybody. I don't think I'm better then anyone... not all Americans are YEE HAW! *GUNSHOT BANG BANG* AMERICA IS EVERYTHING... those are just the fools.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
I'm not really that knowledgable on firearms but I'll give this a go. First of all, I'm planning on being in Europe before any SHTF. Because of my lack of gun savvy I would be relying on more knowledgable and experienced friends and this would influence my choices greatly.Ease of servicability and aquisition of parts and ammo would be a big factor.Another factor would be that if I was to acquire an arsenal, it would most likely not be by legal means, thus limiting me to older, out of service weapons.

1st choice:
Assault rifle of your choice - FN FAL - A lot of them floating around, though an AK would probably be even easier to come by
Sidearm of your choice -Beretta 92 - one of the few guns I am familiar with.

2nd choice:
Semi-automatic rifle of your choice - Ak-47 - If I ever buy an AK it will probably be a full auto as paramilitaries/gangsters are unlikely to be selling the restricted model
Sidearm of your choice - Beretta 92

3rd choice:
Bolt action rifle of your choice - Not sure but something in .308 calibre.What ever I manage to loot from the nearest Hunting/Gun Shop
machine pistol of your choice - know nothing about machine pistols.Maybe a Micro Uzi.Would probably opt for a basic smg like a Sterling instead.Love crude blowback weapons.

4th choice:
Shotgun of your choice (any action) - Benelli M4 ideally, but anything that autoloads would be fine.
Sidearm of your choice - 1911 .45- Popular and well known

Realistically, I'll be lucky if I have a baseball bat and a SuperSoaker filled with homemade napalm

FALs are in high percentage outside the US. The Beretta is ok.
AK are great, but being that you stated you are not familiar with firearms, steer clear of full auto. They are a waste of ammo and hard to control, even when trained.
A .308 or 30-06 bolt gun would be a great choice.
Stay away from the Uzi. Short barrel, and auto is not a good mix.
Shotgun? Pump or Saiga. Saiga has an AK platform based shotgun. Very nice and very reliable.
1911 are great, but 7-9 rounds. Better hit what you are shooting at.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join