It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What weapons would you carry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oldshooter1979

I like guns because I have no intention of being overthrown by the government. Just say no to mass executions, buy a gun.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Being a good soldier means being a good survivalist and all around person that's ready to deal with a variety of situations. That's the reason for the choices. If you notice each choice will provide a viable means of both self defense and food acquirement. I was curious to see what other people thought. If you notice the weapons groups follow any FPS very well.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'd stick to the old no longer used (Well not in OZ) tried and trusted L1A1. Max range of 600 metres and max effective range of 300 metres. 7.62 mm RNR . One shot and they're dead

And for the bad days when there's more bad guys than I could handle with a semi auto I'd have myself the L2A1

edit on 5-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm not a soldier I couldn't carry the rucksacks full of ammo for 5(6?) weapons some of you claim to be carrying!
I award no points for looking "tacti-cool" ( 10 loaded 30 round 7.62x39 mags? really?)+sidearm ammo + water + your other survival "kit"?

As a civilian I believe a realistic/ manageable combination includes one accurate .22lr rimfire and one centerfire i.e:.
1911.45 acp and a good a 10/22 or bolt.22
a good bolt or even lever action.30 caliber centerfire rifle and a .22 rimfire pistol.
As a civilian I can avoid some confrontations.I will not argue the lever gun Only holds 5 or6 rounds while the semi auto assault rifle hold 30+ of course they do. IMHO I Don' t "need"'em..( IF worse comes to worse" I can top off the lever gun: shoot two/load two...)

I would suggest a little time researching these guys: "Castners cutthroats""

WWII Scouts recruited from hardcore Alaskan trappers/miners and inuits to live off theland and recon the aluetian islands invaded bythe Japanese.
issued one rifle of their choiceanda.22 lr colt woodsman pistol.an axe and a pack.

Equipment

Standard issue for Castner's Cutthroats was a Trapper Nelson pack, hunting knife, .22 caliber target pistol and a sniper rifle, instead of the standard issue Springfield rifle, or M1 Garand. However, when it came to firearms, personal preferences was the deciding factor. Al Brattain, a crack shot, preferred the M1 Garand because its reduced recoil didn't spoil his aim. Trapper Nelson packs held all their supplies for their long mountainous treks. They lived off the land, which allowed them to stay light, unlike most military units of the time. To move from island to island, the men used canoes, from which they fished for salmon. The salmon was dried and stored for the winter, furthering the unit's ability to stay out in the field.

www.ww2f.com...
edit on 5-11-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I would rather bring the p-90 to fulfill the role of sidearm and small rifle. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
While I absolutely love the looks and concept of the p90, the round leaves something to be desired. Now if they made the p90 in something like an updated .30 carbine type round I think it would be much more useful. But then again if they used a heavier round they'd have to go with something other than straight blowback like the p90 uses.

Still I'd love to get my hands on a p90 just for the cool factor. It's one sweet looking little rifle.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

It's much better than a sidearm though, and can pull off the tasks of a .22 without much trouble. It's not like a .22 is anything spectacular. I think a big rifle and a smaller p-90, rather than a sidearm, is a smart idea.

edit on 5-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

First and only choice..........
1. Ice Pick

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
I would carry a video camera, a first aid kit, and a bible. because its frowned upon to kill journalists, medics, and priests lol.

I would steal your bible to use as toilet paper....

You can video the theft if you want, for all the good it will do you.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
agreed. I just don't know if I'd trust a p90 as a manstoppper. I've heard they can take 10 plus rounds to put down one assailant! Personally I'm all for the double or even triple tap, but having to shoot someone ten times to make them drop is just cruel and unusual.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I would not use a p-90 as anything except a sidearm alternative/small game rifle. It's also only 6lbs, which is light enough for the purpose.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thank you from the old school. I HAD a '64 Model 700 unfortunately
chambered in rhino rippin' .458, and offloaded it because of a
blue shoulder after ten rounds. Kids, eyes bigger than their appetite.
Staying with the .30-06 Missouri Mule because of nostalgia, size
and an indestructible action. THey copied the Mauser for a reason...
The Mark Five is probably what they'd peel off of me-- but it
would be a long day. Second choice a Glock 17.. they can fire
flawlessly after taking a mudbath... And fire a lot of them NOW.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Notice a trend here?? (NATO most readily available ammo)

1st choice:
Rock River Arms M-4(DEA) 5.56 (NATO)
Walther P-99, 9x19 (NATO)

2nd choice:
Rock River Arms Ar-15 5.56 (NATO) (Same rifle less ammo loss)
Glock 19, 9x19 (NATO) (Fires after being dropped in mud)

3rd choice:
Remington Sendero SF II 7mm Magnum (Less drop at 1000yd than a .308)
MP5, 9x19 (NATO)

4th choice:
Remington 870 12ga. with slug (quite a door opener.)
Springfield Armory 1911 .45 cal.

29INFDIV

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hah yeah now you just have to pay for the ammo! Personally I'd love to have something with a ten round magazine in .45 long colt/ .410 preferably in bullpup configuration.

MY ultimate dream would be a p90 type weapon scaled up to chamber a rimless shotgun shell and .45 caliber heavy round....

Sorta like russian 9 x 39 only better and meaner.
edit on 5-11-2011 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 29INFDIV

Here's something to keep in mind about the NATO trend. A 30-06 chambered bolt action rifle can shoot a .308 NATO shell with a small device inserted into the chamber. I can't remember what it's called. Maybe someone that's more of a gun expert can help me out here with the name.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I'm not sure of how the p-90 can be enlarged to accommodate larger rounds. The clip is unconventional, and I'm not sure if the width can be changed?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The "object" placed in the "chamber" causes the round to not shoot straight. I do know what you are eluding to, but at the same token I do not want a novice blowing their face up. (30-06 to .308)

29INFDIV

I recommend proper calibers.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I do not recommend anyone altering a weapon to accommodate larger projectiles.

29INFDIV

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Personally in a survival SHTF scenario I recommend these weapons:

12 Gauge door opener
2 Handguns, 1 secondary, 1 Third
1 Assault Weapon; Semi preferably up to 800 yd.
up to 1000 round Assault
500 for each handgun
250 for the shotty

29INFDIV

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
my brain

is there ANY other weapon of choice?

you americans are funny, now just admit y'all are THIS eager to get another excuse to shoot at and kill other people..
i mean defend yourselves and protect your constitutional rights, right?

y'all talk alot about your government, but i find it sad that most of yall are exactly like them.

warmongers looking for an excuse

but nevermind me, keep fearing eachothers so much that your pride and manhood has to come in black or chrome.

you said it nicer than I would have

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join